Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nos.jpg
original.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
0904131731.jpg
0904131730a.jpg
0904131730.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssbodyman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

After a couple years of hounding the guy that sold me my MC I was able to get him to let loose of his Garage band. He needed money-timing is everything. To make it even better I got an extra nos playfield and back glass in the deal.(and a CFTBL as well) Anyway here are the first of the pics in the garage havent gotten it downstairs and unwrapped yet but its dirty and the rubbers have lost their elasticity but fires right up and played pretty good all things considered. Enjoy

0904131730.jpg0904131730.jpg 0904131730a.jpg0904131730a.jpg 0904131731.jpg0904131731.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Got the topper -wont fit in my basement but I got it

#7 10 years ago

Yes Matt I agree you can be the President, Brian can be VP Ill gladly take the treasurers position(send your dues in cash to my home address)

Anyway I got the game downstairs and setup.

The guy I bought it from was told when he got it that it may have a proto playfield -the MC that I got from him (and he got it from the the same guy) does in fact have a proto (white ribbon) in it. There is definitely a difference in my two PF but it almost looks like the one in the game is simply faded bad so I ask you fellow garage band owners look at the pics and give me your take on this. I am undecided on weather to clear the new one and use it or just clean the one that is in there now but leaning towards using the original because it seems to match the plastics

side_by_side.jpgside_by_side.jpg original.jpgoriginal.jpg nos.jpgnos.jpg

#9 10 years ago

My pics sux but the difference is pretty dramatic in person I will try again later with a real camera.

I am having a hard time believing that the pf could fade so much because 1 I know that it has been in a basement or dark room for a very long time I bought it from an old collector with quite a few games including a NIB Sega HD (1999) which was the last pin that he has bought so I suspect that it was a few years old when he got it at max. Also the cab appears to have no fade it is painted art work but I know from being in the automotive business that red is a very unstable color

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

It does kind of look like plain old fade to me

I agree it just seems odd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssbodyman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-added-another-alvin-g-to-the-collection-we-should-have-a-club?tu=ssbodyman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.