(Topic ID: 12169)

Just a thought on future value of pins.........

By iceman44

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by vicjw66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadhorse.jpg
    jump-the-shark-october-challenge-shark.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizz81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think you will see pin prices start to significantly fall until the number of new people getting into the hobby begins to slow. It seems to me like the hobby is currently exploding like never before.

In regards to new people joining the hobby and prices on older/non-DMD games, I wonder if the modern additions to the hobby (pretty much using myself as an example) will be more married to DMD-only/more "modern" games than people that have been in the hobby for a while. I really don't see, at least around here, any non-DMD pins out on route, and of the places where the operators own their own machines, I think the only non-DMD table I've seen has been BoP (and I think it's fun, even though you can't see 3/4 of the table).

Any other exposure to pinball outside of this is tilted towards modern titles too, though it was good to see on the Williams collection deal for consoles a wide range of tables available. I would like to play a Whirlwind or a Taxi or even a Space Shuttle as a result (and who knows, maybe I did when I was a kid)...but I can't just go to a bar to play them. Obviously different in different locales. Also as other people have mentioned, pushing against this is the fact that a lot of people just don't want to pay more than a couple thousand, which may force them into older titles even if they're not familiar with them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizz81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-a-thought-on-future-value-of-pins?tu=blizz81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.