Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic-Park-5-008 (resized).jpg
A89CDB4D-17AA-41C5-B2DB-668CB05D1C93 (resized).jpeg
BBCAEED0-2335-4D62-BAF0-2CE840B24277 (resized).jpeg
20180814_154323 copy (resized).jpg
20180814_154158 (resized).jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Interested in a Jurassic park from a business that is selling for $3600 plus tax. The machine looks to be in very good condition with minimal to no wear on the play field. Has been converted to LED lights. My feeling is that $3600 for a JP is on a very high end of the scale. Anybody out there with some opinions? I'm not looking to make money off the machine but would be nice to know that if I ever wanted to sell it that I could get close to what I paid for it.

20180814_154158 (resized).jpg20180814_154158 (resized).jpg20180814_154323 copy (resized).jpg20180814_154323 copy (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Check spelling in your header...

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Check spelling in your header...

Thank you fixed it.

#4 5 years ago

If you feel comfortable with the purchase that's all that matters. It looks to be in great shape with the topper as well! A lot of them have seen a lot of play and usually it shows.

#5 5 years ago

Scoop holes look imamaculate!

Looks in great shape.

#6 5 years ago

I think its a bit high tbh. The coin door hasp would hurt value. Did they do anything else to it? Rebuild TRex, battery elimination? How does the bottom look? Power supply capacitors not stained or bulged? Just a few things to look at.

Seems nice though. It is also very easy to match that gloss black on the cab so Take a look at that also. $3k would be fair i think.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

If you feel comfortable with the purchase that's all that matters. It looks to be in great shape with the topper as well! A lot of them have seen a lot of play and usually it shows.

Terrible logic. Most people do not hold onto machines and take a bath when they over pay. This JP is high as it is normally a 2-2.5k game.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Terrible logic. Most people do not hold onto machines and take a bath when they over pay. This JP is high as it is normally a 2-2.5k game.

That's low, of course. All sought-after DMDs in nice shape are 2.5-3.5 now, and JP is a popular title.

Besides, I wonder how many options there are in Wichita, Kansas. It's not like he can just browse 50 different games.

#9 5 years ago

Get them to 3k if it checks out. 2-2.5 is not realistic. Its just not sorry.

#10 5 years ago

I will also mention that you say this is purchased from a business.

Like it or not, that adds to the price because a business
1) Needs to make a profit on sales
2) Should offer some sort of after sale support (even if it is just taking a phone call and ensuring it's working once it's set up in your home)
3) Will be taxed on any profits they make on the sale
4) Needs to pay employees (even if it's a one person show... have to pay yourself to fix up the machine)

Based on that, and the fine condition it seems to be in, I think you would be hard pressed to find a similar machine for less than $3500.

Now if you're looking at a private sale, I would think $2700-$3000 is reasonable.

If you find one for $2k anywhere... give them my phone number so I can give them a stern talking to

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Welcome to 2013, geez. Haven't you noticed the considerable spike in actual sales on nice top ranked DMD games recently? So many Pinsiders are living in the past and get really upset at market changes.

A tricked out TFTC listed here that clearly had a lot of play even sold for $5500 if the ad is to be believed, and one even at 3K that didn't even have the door anymore, which is totally unacceptable to most on that title.

Of course, mileage may very by title, but still, I'd jump at this JP if the cabinet and the playfield are HUO minty. Most I've seen in person have been blown out.

#12 5 years ago

I love my JP but you're over something like $3800 with tax. That's just too much money. Keep on an eye on pinside for a nice used one, have it shipped in for $425 or so, and you can probably get into one for under $3K

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/66172

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/66192

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/64115

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/62549

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/63237

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I love my JP but you're over something like $3800 with tax. That's just too much money. Keep on an eye on pinside for a nice used one, have it shipped in for $425 or so, and you can probably get into one for under $3K
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/66192
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/64115
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/62549

But a million people here will tell you getting a game shipped is a bad idea, especially for a newbie?

Isn't it worth a few bucks for him to pick up something local?

#14 5 years ago

Thank you for all the advice. I'm pretty new to the pinball world as it is. I understand that it is a business and I'm willing to pay a little bit more if I know it has been gone through and there is some type of support that comes along with it. It is actually 4 hours away from me because I don't have a huge selection of pins to choose from where I live. I'm going to call him and see if I can talk him down. If not, I think I will have to pass as $3600 + tax seems rather high. I would be comfortable at around $3000. It seems to be in very nice condition. Please keep the advice coming if more people have things to add

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Thank you for all the advice. I'm pretty new to the pinball world as it is. I understand that it is a business and I'm willing to pay a little bit more if I know it has been gone through and there is some type of support that comes along with it. It is actually 4 hours away from me because I don't have a huge selection of pins to choose from where I live. I'm going to call him and see if I can talk him down. If not, I think I will have to pass as $3600 + tax seems rather high. I would be comfortable at around $3000. It seems to be in very nice condition. Please keep the advice coming if more people have things to add

Bring cash instead of a credit card and see if that doesn't help your case a little.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But a million people here will tell you getting a game shipped is a bad idea, especially for a newbie?
Isn't it worth a few bucks for him to pick up something local?

he never said he was a newbie so I didn't assume that. just thought he was looking for a price check.

$800 is substantial money IMO. buying from a reputable pinsider should allow for a good overall experience.

shipping comes with risks. buying from a business comes with extra costs. he mentioned wanted to be able to get his money back out of it, or close, if he goes to sell it. no way he does that when buying from a business.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bring cash instead of a credit card and see if that doesn't help your case a little.

What he said. Always the best way. But I think if it's huo mint it's a good deal regardless. Maybe not an off the wall amazing one, but a game you'll enjoy and not lose much on upon later resale.

#18 5 years ago

There's one for sale now in St.Louis for $2500 which I'm surprised hasn't sold (maybe they just didn't take the add down?)... been listed for a long time, so maybe they are negotiable.

#19 5 years ago

Just got off the phone with the guy. He will take $100 off the price if I do cash. I tried messaging that guy about the St Louis machine but he never responded

I should have mentioned that I will be trading in my El Dorado as well. He will give me $1100 for that which is a little on the low side but don't have any takers for that machine. But again, I understand it is a business.

So I would be looking at the El dorado + $2570 (tax included). He said that he will always do over the phone support for his games so that was reassuring.

#20 5 years ago

Go for it. You’re overpaying *a bit*, but nothing outrageous. Consider the extra money as piece of mind if you need help.

Bring that game home and make room for another.

#21 5 years ago

That’s good trade in value for your El dorado.

#22 5 years ago

Tell him if he knocks off $100 more, you'll make the trip!

#23 5 years ago

I think it's a fair deal.... you're definitely not getting ripped off at that price

#24 5 years ago

Did you ever get a best price without the trade of El dorado?

#25 5 years ago

Interesting theory, I personally buy them and hold onto them, its pretty rare that I ever sell anything at all. That being said its supply and demand for a lot of the older titles and in my experience I have learned of you want something and have the means to afford it, get it. Jurassic park is a great pinball and my wife loves the theme and its a fun pinball to mod. For me if I saw it in that shape and everything worked I'd probably take it.

Quoted from dung:

Terrible logic.
Most people do not hold onto machines and take a bath when they over pay. This JP is high as it is normally a 2-2.5k game.

#26 5 years ago

Thank you all very much for the input and insight. I'm amazed at the support that this site provides. I hope to contribute in the years to come from my experiences. I have decided to go ahead and get it. It seems like a fair deal and he is even willing to drive a little of the way to meet me. Says he will meet me 1/3 of the way there because his wife likes a restaurant in the town we will meet in. So it is win/win for him Says it has a 14 day warranty on any major components and lifetime phone support as long as I own it. I don't think I will regret the price as it looks to be in great shape. Again, thank you all for your input as it greatly influenced my decision!

#27 5 years ago

I'm a little late on this.. but did you get any better photos? I can already see a cracked plastic and from my experience if the photos look 8/10 the game is closer to a 6.5 or 7 out of 10

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Scoop holes look imamaculate!
Looks in great shape.

Looks like normal wear to me!maybe a little better than normal.Look closer at the paint lines and the darkening
Seems like a normal JP.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Says it has a 14 day warranty on any major components

This is good because if anything is going to break it's going to be within the first couple hours of play after you've moved it... things get rattled as it's bumping down the highway.

I once sold a pin to a first time buyer, and by the time she got it home, there were a dozen things not working on it. It had been working perfectly for the 6 months I had it. She drove 6 hours to get it, and we tried out every single switch etc before we loaded it. I tried my best to walk her through what I could but after 3-4 weeks, I had to tell her to get a local pin repair person... once it was loaded in her car, it really isn't my problem any more.

#30 5 years ago

I'm planning to call him yet this afternoon to see if I can get better playfield pictures. He did send some more but they were just of the sides. I saw what looks like a crack in the plastic as well but there doesn't appear to be much else wrong with it from the pictures I have. I will post more pictures if I can get him to send some. Worst case is I spend $60 in gas and call the deal off if it isn't what he says it is. However, I doubt he would want to drive to meet me, and especially take my El Dorado in trade if this isn't a very nice machine. Hopefully I can get another picture or two.

#31 5 years ago

good luck. I have been in the guys store that this is sitting in.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Says it has a 14 day warranty on any major components and lifetime phone support as long as I own it.

Just make sure it's all in writing....

#33 5 years ago

He said there isn’t any were except for the little around the scoops. He said there are no cracks in the plastic that he say and did say he had alternative plastics for the sling shots that go along with it as well. I will be making the exchange either Friday or Saturday. I’ll post more pictures after I get it. Let’s hope it is as good as it looks / as good as he says. Thank you all again for the help.

#34 5 years ago

I saw the same ad and made contact. For me, the price was too high. However, this is a nostalgia pin for me and wouldn't leave the collection. I'd be okay with a somewhat beaten model. Throw some Cliffy's on the scoops and I'd be okay. This does not look to be the case with this pin.

(My secret hope was that it would sit there for awhile and I could pick it up for about 3K. Oh well. Best of luck to you.)

#35 5 years ago

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. I think it will be so much fun. And I know my nieces will get a kick out of it. I’m sure if I ever decide to sell that I’ll have plenty of offers.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. I think it will be so much fun. And I know my nieces will get a kick out of it. I’m sure if I ever decide to sell that I’ll have plenty of offers.

It's a fun game, plays a lot like The Addams Family. If it does not already, you may want to consider installing the ChadH codeset. It fixes some issues, balances scoring, and makes the game more interesting than the original Data East software package.

http://www.pinballcode.com/

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

I think it will be so much fun.

See if you can get one of those Dino Head Replacement Mods....

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

It's a fun game, plays a lot like The Addams Family. If it does not already, you may want to consider installing the ChadH codeset. It fixes some issues, balances scoring, and makes the game more interesting than the original Data East software package.
http://www.pinballcode.com/

What is the best place to get this ROM upgrade? I found a couple sites but have never bought ROMS before. Any recommendations?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

What is the best place to get this ROM upgrade? I found a couple sites but have never bought ROMS before. Any recommendations?

No, sorry, I bought blank chips and burned my own from the source site.

#40 5 years ago

I sold my last Jurassic Park for $2,500 in good condition. That was about 1 year ago. I think $2,500 to $3,000 is the range I'd expect. I do like Jurassic Park, but there are machines I'd want more when were entering the $3,600 range.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Quoted from DennisK:

No, sorry, I bought blank chips and burned my own from the source site.

Sounds like the beginning of a pinball friendship. You guys are about 3 hours away from each other. Make a road trip, bring a blank chip, and play some pinball.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

check out pinballrom.com I believe he's also Astill on pinside. got my RG and Twister roms from him. You may have to specifically ask for version 6 but he'll have it.

Quoted from spfxted:

See if you can get one of those Dino Head Replacement Mods....

that's just mean to tease the guy with that... we all know those things are unobtanium

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Buying a game is way more fun than not buying one. Enjoy!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

that's just mean to tease the guy with that... we all know those things are unobtanium

Oh, sorry! I did not know that....

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/jurassic-park-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade/

This is Pinsider @Meloyelo51. Great guy to deal with.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Sounds like the beginning of a pinball friendship. You guys are about 3 hours away from each other. Make a road trip, bring a blank chip, and play some pinball.

Totally missed that! I have all the equipment still, so yes, I could burn the chips.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, sorry! I did not know that....

But wait - if anyone has a connection to a prop guy or someone that could make these, I feel like it’d be you.

#48 5 years ago

$3500 for a Jurassic Park? Not even close on the east coast. That’s a fishing line price, and he’s got one circle the hook.

They struggle above $2100 here.
There have been nice ones for sale that sit, even at Pintastic New England and Allentown.

When you’re talking $3500 you’re taking near modern Stern pricing, especially for games like Avatar, Avengers, Mustang, WWE, etc.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

They struggle above $2100 here.

Interesting, you'd have zero trouble moving a decent quality JP at $2200 in CO (or $2500 for that mater), and the Pinside market sales have been averaging significantly higher than $2100 for a couple of years, I think. Maybe the northeast is just saturated with JPs?

#50 5 years ago

I agree $3500 is too much but they are selling in the $2500 to $3000 range

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurrasic-park-1?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.