Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic-Park-5-008 (resized).jpg
A89CDB4D-17AA-41C5-B2DB-668CB05D1C93 (resized).jpeg
BBCAEED0-2335-4D62-BAF0-2CE840B24277 (resized).jpeg
20180814_154323 copy (resized).jpg
20180814_154158 (resized).jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

I forgot to ask what ROM version was installed so I'll have to check tomorrow after I get the machine. Thanks for the suggestions on the ROMS. Looking forward to playing JP all weekend Looks like there are a TON of mods out there. Will have to look into some further down the road. Thanks everybody for the input and advice.

#52 5 years ago

For those wondering - I did pick up the JP yesterday and it is in great shape. No broken plastics. No wear on the playfield except for the small wear on the scoops but I will be installing cliffies. However, the guy had but 4 led bulbs everywhere and made it darn near impossible to play because it was so bright. He had put blue leds in the back because he thought white was too bright. So I’m going to make a list of the lights I want and see if he will send me those and I’ll send the ones he put it back. But what a fun game! Will have to upgrade the ROM as well. It is only on 5.0. Glad I got it but need to tweet the light situation. Thanks again to all for the advise!

#53 5 years ago

What condition is the Eldorado you traded in like. Im going in this week to take a look .Mike does like his led’s but that is a nice JP you traded for

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

For those wondering - I did pick up the JP yesterday and it is in great shape. No broken plastics. No wear on the playfield except for the small wear on the scoops but I will be installing cliffies. However, the guy had but 4 led bulbs everywhere and made it darn near impossible to play because it was so bright. He had put blue leds in the back because he thought white was too bright. So I’m going to make a list of the lights I want and see if he will send me those and I’ll send the ones he put it back. But what a fun game! Will have to upgrade the ROM as well. It is only on 5.0. Glad I got it but need to tweet the light situation. Thanks again to all for the advise!

By all accounts it’s a real PITA changing bulbs in Data East games, but definitely worth it to get the look you want. The bulbs themselves aren’t terribly expensive so you could also just order what you need from Comet - probably better to do that unless the guy has exactly the bulbs you want and is willing to swap them to you for free.

Opinions differ but I would recommend only soft white for the GI and backbox. Then you can color match the inserts. If the backbox is still too bright experiment with selectively removing some of the bulbs entirely - you don’t need that many to get illumination back there, and this will reduce playfield glare as well.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

They struggle above $2100 here.
There have been nice ones for sale that sit, even at Pintastic New England and Allentown.

Where are you seeing those prices? On your local craigslist the only pins I see are a $3200 swe1 and a $2800 lah. Have a head time believing that a $2100 jp wouldn’t be snapped up instantly.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Where are you seeing those prices? On your local craigslist the only pins I see are a $3200 swe1 and a $2800 lah. Have a head time believing that a $2100 jp wouldn’t be snapped up instantly.

Think I’ve had 5-6 of them, and they are a hard sell.
Mine was fully shopped at Pintastic in 2017, good shape, $2,000 and nobody bought it. Probably had it listed here too, no takers. Finally sold it on Facebook group for $2000.

I had a very good condition Getaway at Allentown, no takers or offers, it was listed at $2700. Same kind of thing, people say it’s worth so and so (a lot of them being price pumpers of people that own the game)
but actual sales is a different story.
I never go by craigslist pricing and nobody here should either. That’s a garbage party.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

What condition is the Eldorado you traded in like. Im going in this week to take a look .Mike does like his led’s but that is a nice JP you traded for

The el dorado was in great shape. Need a new coil in the bottom bumper and a couple of the targets were faded but otherwise it was great. Played well too.

#58 5 years ago

Well after spending some time this afternoon going over that machine. I've found several issues and I'm not too pleased after spending that much money.

The metal guard by the raptor shoot is broke and it rattles
Ball gets stuck in the top of the ramp if it goes too slow ( assume that I can just adjust the switch )
2 of the leg adjustments are rusted shut
All LEDs are super bright LEDs and are WAY too much. I thought it was just on the upper playfield but he did it for all inserts :/ very annoying

And now after playing it some this afternoon it keeps shooting out two balls and won't stop trying to shoot out balls when starting a game...

I shouldn't have agreed to meet 3/4 the way and do the swap by taking his word on things. So that is on me. However, I would expect that someone who is in the business of doing this would have gone through the machine with a fine tooth comb when selling at this price.

Seemed like a very nice guy so I'll be calling him and seeing what all we can get fixed.

#59 5 years ago

He did give you a warranty at least so be sure to send him a list of everything that’s not working.

Some of these issues may have developed during transport. Not uncommon with a 25 year old machine.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Well after spending some time this afternoon going over that machine. I've found several issues and I'm not too pleased after spending that much money.
The metal guard by the rapter shoot is broke and it rattles
Ball gets stuck in the top of the ramp if it goes too slow ( assume that I can just adjust the switch )
All LEDs are super bright LEDs are WAY too much. I thought it was just on the upper playfield but he did it for all inserts :/ very annoying
And now after playing it some this afternoon it keeps shooting out two balls and won't stop trying to shoot out balls when starting a game...
I shouldn't have agreed to meet 3/4 the way and do the swap by taking his word on things. So that is on me. However, I would expect that someone who is in the business of doing this would have gone through the machine with a fine tooth comb when selling at this price.
Seemed like a very nice guy so I'll be calling him and seeing what all we can get fixed.

I got excited about doing this once myself, only to find out I saved 2 hours of driving but accepted a rat nest infested Teed Off in exchange. Never again, guy was a used car salesman too, shocking...

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Try this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-checkpoint-problem-double-balls

Turned out to be a broken solder join on a diode for one of the ball trough switches. Post #4 in that thread.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

The metal guard by the rapter shoot is broke and it rattles
All LEDs are super bright LEDs are WAY too much. I thought it was just on the upper playfield but he did it for all inserts :/ very annoying

All these issues sound fun to fix. When I got my JP, I played it for about 2 weeks before I did any work to it. I made a list of stuff that needed attention, and just went down checking things off once I opened it up.

Some of it will be easy. Some of it will be costly. But doing the work yourself, the right way, gives you a good warm feeling. I even learned a lot about schematics after I blew some components on a board after installing a diode backwards. I learned a whole lot in the process, and now I'm not afraid to tackle anything. That's what Pinside is for.

#63 5 years ago

$3500 for a Jurassic Park? Not even close on the east coast. That’s a fishing line price, and he’s got one circle the hook.
They struggle above $2100 here.
There have been nice ones for sale that sit, even at Pintastic New England and Allentown.
When you’re talking $3500 you’re taking near modern Stern pricing, especially for games like Avatar, Avengers, Mustang, WWE, etc.

List a JP for $2,200 around here and see how much of a struggle it'd be. It'd be a struggle to keep your inbox empty.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

List a JP for $2,200 around here and see how much of a struggle it'd be. It'd be a struggle to keep your inbox empty.

Would be gone in seconds in Denver as well. Even with shipping that’d be a quick sale, assuming we mean the same thing by “nice ones.”

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Try this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-checkpoint-problem-double-balls
Turned out to be a broken solder join on a diode for one of the ball trough switches. Post #4 in that thread.

I checked quickly last night and didn't see any broken diodes. After doing some more research I will check all the switches when I get home from work today. May just have a bad switch or something that needs adjusted. Thanks for the tip

Also, the guy is going to swap LEDs. No problem there. Nice guy!
The other issues aren't as big of deal to me (I think they will be easy fixes) if I can fix the balls wanting to keep shooting out - it is in an endless loop - but only will shoot out two balls. Won't advance the 3rd ball but the coil keeps firing.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

I checked quickly last night and didn't see any broken diodes. After doing some more research I will check all the switches when I get home from work today. May just have a bad switch or something that needs adjusted. Thanks for the tip
The other issues aren't as big of deal to me (I think they will be easy fixes) if I can fix the balls wanting to keep shooting out - it is in an endless loop - but only will shoot out two balls. Won't advance the 3rd ball but the coil keeps firing.

Check the diodes with a meter too, don't rely on a visual inspection.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Never mind the diode advice, you’re describing a very common issue with Data East and JP specifically.
The switches in the trough take a 6 ball beating, and ALL switches should be replaced with new for reliability because after 25 years, they get flakey.
On top of that, every ball must roll smooth to the next switch and activate each switch. If one hangs or doesn’t roll to the next switch, you get exactly the problems you’re describing. You’re going to want to remove that metal trough completely and clean it. Check for ball divets in the metal track and make sure there is smooth operation. The switches have to be just right. You may need to sand down the trough or use a Dremel to get the divets out. Once you have a free rolling trough with fine working switches, your troubles will go away.
Pitch of the game can also have something to do with it.
Good luck.

#68 5 years ago

Never mind the diode advice, you’re describing a very common issue with Data East and JP specifically.
The switches in the trough take a 6 ball beating, and ALL switches should be replaced with new for reliability because after 25 years, they get flakey.
On top of that, every ball must roll smooth to the next switch and activate each switch. If one hangs or doesn’t roll to the next switch, you get exactly the problems you’re describing. You’re going to want to remove that metal trough completely and clean it. Check for ball divets in the metal track and make sure there is smooth operation. The switches have to be just right. You may need to sand down the trough or use a Dremel to get the divets out. Once you have a free rolling trough with fine working switches, your troubles will go away.
Pitch of the game can also have something to do with it.
Good luck.

Excellent advice. Test the trough switches

#69 5 years ago

Seems like the 6th ball trough switch needs to be replaced. After the advice I got to look through those switches, it seemed that the metal piece of the switch is a bit loose. I was able to take it off and bend it a little for it to have a better fit. Put it all back together and played 6 games or so and never had an issue. I think it was a quick fix but I'll want to get that switch replaced.

I also put an order in for LEDs to the guy I bought it from. He will ship me my order and I'll ship him back the LED's that are in the machine now. And he offered some tech support on the ball issue as well. Seems like this guy does right by his customers. Very pleased!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Seems like this guy does right by his customers. Very pleased!

Glad you are. If I paid that much for the machine it would have to be damn near perfect!

#72 5 years ago

Well boys, we’ll put this pricing to the test, I just listed a normal, nice JP for sale here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-31#post-4561296

Market test at $2,900, love it! I'll take the over on a $2,500+ sale price.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Well boys, we’ll put this pricing to the test, I just listed a normal, nice JP for sale here.

Longer than one at $2,200.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Market test at $2,900, love it! I'll take the over on a $2,500+ sale price.

Quoted from newovad:

Longer than one at $2,200.

No no, you all price pumped it like pricing experts so I’ll take your word on it. All I said was, I had one for 2k that was shopped one year ago and it took quite awhile to sell it. Nobody jumped to buy it.

I’m having fun with it, it’s a great pin, I’m in no rush to sell. $2900 seems fair to me.

#75 5 years ago

No no, you all price pumped it like pricing experts so I’ll take your word on it. All I said was, I had one for 2k that was shopped one year ago and it took quite awhile to sell it. Nobody jumped to buy it.
I’m having fun with it, it’s a great pin, I’m in no rush to sell. $2900 seems fair to me.

Damn $2000 really? Wish that was around a few years ago when I was looking...

$2900 seems fair to me too. I wouldnt go lower than 3k+ on mine with the color dmd, trex, etc.

Goodluck! Were all rooting for you.

#76 5 years ago

Thinking about adding a pin sound to mine now that I have it. Anybody have a pin sound in a jurassic park? Seen some videos on youtube that make it sound amazing.

Update: The guy I got it from is sending LEDs this week and is going to include a through switch as I figured out that the #6 switch needs to be replaced. Good guy. I might have paid a little too much but I'm happy with the game and the service that I'm getting. I need to order some cliffies as well as some art blades. Should turn out to be one heck of a game.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

I might have paid a little too much but I'm happy with the game and the service that I'm getting.

...and that's all that matters!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

I need to order some cliffies

Try to find a game to play with them on. I’m probably about to take them off of my JP - I get “Cliffed” a lot. Decent shot but the small reduction in hole size means it doesn’t go in. Biggest issue seems to be with the control room shot doesn’t happen as badly on the other 2.

Another thing I’ve learned- if you’re in and out of your games a lot you’re just going to destroy the art blades. My JP cab is super tight fit so I choose not to do it.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

I need to order some cliffies as well as some art blades. Should turn out to be one heck of a game.

Quoted from ypurchn:

Try to find a game to play with them on. I’m probably about to take them off of my JP - I get “Cliffed” a lot. Decent shot but the small reduction in hole size means it doesn’t go in. Biggest issue seems to be with the control room shot doesn’t happen as badly on the other 2.

Another thing I’ve learned- if you’re in and out of your games a lot you’re just going to destroy the art blades. My JP cab is super tight fit so I choose not to do it.

I was about to say these two things.

I had Cliffys on mine for almost 2 years, and finally took them off at the beginning of this year. Shots were harder to hit with them on, and slow rolls that may have rolled in otherwise, just hit the edge of the Cliff and blocked the shot. Also, for as "little" as I play it compared to the the 15 -/+ years it was on location, I'm not going to cause a whole lot of extra hole damage that already hasn't been done.

And the insides of my cabinet are scuffed and scratched all up from raising and lowering the playfield. There's just not enough gap that you can't avoid brushing the inside's of the cabinet. Plus, I just like the dark sides anyways. Puts more focus on the playfield.

#80 5 years ago

Ive been considering taking my cliffys off as well. Shots are brutal some times.

#81 5 years ago

Good info to know! Won't hurt my feelings to not have to spend money on side art and cliffies.

#82 5 years ago

Anyone that took their cliffy’s off and don’t want them, I’d buy them if the price is right. Pm me

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Good info to know! Won't hurt my feelings to not have to spend money on side art and cliffies.

Use the Cliffy's

#84 5 years ago

For what it's worth I sold mine in July. It worked perfectly but had a lot of wear around the scoops and near the drain. No topper, no LEDs, no mods. I was asking $2500 and had 5 offers in 2 days, two at $2200, two at $2500, and one trade for a game that was valued at $2700 (according to Pinside). All buyers were out of state, 3-5 hour drive away.

The prices of these machines are indeed increasing due to the continued popularity of the movie with continued new releases mixed with the growth of pinball in general. I find it odd that an owner had trouble selling one for $2000.....

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from jag8511:

Thinking about adding a pin sound to mine now that I have it. Anybody have a pin sound in a jurassic park? Seen some videos on youtube that make it sound amazing.
Update: The guy I got it from is sending LEDs this week and is going to include a through switch as I figured out that the #6 switch needs to be replaced. Good guy. I might have paid a little too much but I'm happy with the game and the service that I'm getting. I need to order some cliffies as well as some art blades. Should turn out to be one heck of a game.

I have pinsound with the soundtrack from the films and it sounds amazing. Highly recommend.

#86 5 years ago

Anyone that took their cliffy’s off and don’t want them, I’d buy them if the price is right. Pm me

Sold mine just a day after I took them off. Sorry.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

For what it's worth I sold mine in July. It worked perfectly but had a lot of wear around the scoops and near the drain. No topper, no LEDs, no mods. I was asking $2500 and had 5 offers in 2 days, two at $2200, two at $2500, and one trade for a game that was valued at $2700 (according to Pinside). All buyers were out of state, 3-5 hour drive away.
The prices of these machines are indeed increasing due to the continued popularity of the movie with continued new releases mixed with the growth of pinball in general. I find it odd that an owner had trouble selling one for $2000.....

It was odd, but, it was for sale all of Pintastic show last year 2017, never skipped a beat, priced at $2000 right in the front row. Brought it home, lots or tire kicks but eventually sold to someone out west, took about a month. The real odd thing was the playfield was pretty sharp looking, color posts, all titan red rubber. Oh well.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Sold mine just a day after I took them off. Sorry.

I had to do a double take. I thought you sold your JP! Yeah count me as not liking the JP cliffy's. Bounce outs on the mode start shot had me rage remove them.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I had to do a double take. I thought you sold your JP! Yeah count me as not liking the JP cliffy's. Bounce outs on the mode start shot had me rage remove them.

Ha. It'll be a while before I consider selling the machine. So yeah, that'd be a shock.

Mode start cliffys were brutal. A solid shot to that scoop and nothing.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Use the Cliffy's

Why? Home use doesnt ware scoops like on route.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why? Home use doesnt ware scoops like on route.

To protect so it doesn't get any worse. I had mine on from day one and never had a problem...

#92 5 years ago

jp is a great game ..very under rated imho ... but there is a lot that can go wrong with it ... I bought a nicer one for 1800 and put about 1200 into it ... I added the alternative Chad code ..its makes the game much better ... I think 3800 is was to much for jp and you should look on pinside for another pin

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

To protect so it doesn't get any worse. I had mine on from day one and never had a problem...

Oh, from day one? You dont say...lol. How is this even an example?

#94 5 years ago

lol...from day one when I bought it second hand...

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

lol...from day one when I bought it second hand...

Oh man, then you've really missed out on a lot more high scores. After taking the Cliffy's off, I've come much closer several times to getting to the Wizard mode than when I still had them on. And the scoops were already worn enough that more damage just isn't going to be noticeable.

I'd say the only way Cliffy's would be a must, is if someone had a NOS playfield, or you were the guy who has a JP still in the original box. Other than that, I'd say, play the machine, and love it.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Oh man, then you've really missed out on a lot more high scores. After taking the Cliffy's off, I've come much closer several times to getting to the Wizard mode than when I still had them on. And the scoops were already worn enough that more damage just isn't going to be noticeable.
I'd say the only way Cliffy's would be a must, is if someone had a NOS playfield, or you were the guy who has a JP still in the original box. Other than that, I'd say, play the machine, and love it.

But he put them on DAY ONE. So, he stopped all that wear from the 100's and 100's of plays he put on it....lol.

#97 5 years ago

Sometimes you got to just take it out and clean it up.

Here is an example of the JP trough. Those roller switches are a pita. If you’re not replacing, be sure to use a q tip with alcohol or a flat head screw driver and clean/scrape the grime off those roller wheels, anything that prevents the ball from moving perfectly.

A89CDB4D-17AA-41C5-B2DB-668CB05D1C93 (resized).jpegA89CDB4D-17AA-41C5-B2DB-668CB05D1C93 (resized).jpegBBCAEED0-2335-4D62-BAF0-2CE840B24277 (resized).jpegBBCAEED0-2335-4D62-BAF0-2CE840B24277 (resized).jpeg
#98 5 years ago

Did you get any offers over $2000?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Did you get any offers over $2000?

Some, but she's still here.

No shortage of strokers, just like before. Actual buyers do not want to pay what other people are price pumping it at, and that's a fact. This is a very nice JP I have for sale here.

Jurassic-Park-5-008 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-5-008 (resized).jpg
#100 5 years ago

I will be getting my 6.0 Roms and LEDs today. Is there anything I need to know about replacing the ROM? Exciting to get LEDs in the machine that are not blinding!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurrasic-park-1/page/2?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.