Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Jurassic Parked

Letter received on Sunday November 24th 2019.

Sunday November 24th 2019

Lloyd,

I have a Data East 1993 Jurassic Park pin. I need to determine if i need to replace the power supply board based on the following issues i’m having. When turning on the machine, it makes a loud hum which appears to be coming from the transformer. The general illumination lights are lit but not the dot matrix or any start up sound. Also, the machine won’t start a new game when pressing the button. I’ve checked all fuses with none being burnt out. There is also the smell of plastic being overheated. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nedry

Hi Nedry

Should be easy to check the power supply board. The board is marked and the schematic in the manual will help. Measure power to the board ( probably AC, hot to common, not hot to ground ) and power going off the board, GI will be AC, the others DC.

If you need help, YouTube has lots of short how to videos.

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-parked-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.