• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05554.jpg
20151101_171502.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Considering selling my really clean JP so that I can get a JD in same condition. Have not gotton a chance to play JD before but looks to be all the things I like in a pinball. How do you guys think they compare?

#2 8 years ago

20151101_171502.jpg20151101_171502.jpg

#3 8 years ago

If you are sick of JP, then that would be a great trade. Dredd is one of my all time favorites. I've owned it twice and want another one, LOL! I call it a kitchen sink game...it has everything.

#4 8 years ago

You have the new code patch update in JP yet?

www.pinballcode.com

#5 8 years ago

JP was my first pinball and JD was my second. I no longer have either (I don't have disposable income to add games to my collection so I have to sell games to get new ones).

JD absolutely has more to offer than JP but I feel like it is a less well-rounded game overall and I got bored of it quicker. If I had to pick which to buy as a keeper in the future it would be JP hands down, and I intend to do so one day.

Do you have the opportunity to play before you buy?

You can easily find another JP though so you could do what I did and swap it for a JD, play the JD for year and move it on for something else.

#6 8 years ago

Yep got the new code. Really enjoy the game a lot more now. I'm not made of money either, only reason I'm considering letting JP go.

#7 8 years ago

Probably able to play JD before selling JP.

#8 8 years ago

Anybody else have some thoughts on this?

#9 8 years ago

Love JD. Can't stand the cheesy 8-bit butchering of John Williams' incredible music score on JP. Combine it with the fact that JD has soooo much more going on (including ColorDMD support), and it's a no-brainer...

Dredd for the win!

Later,
EV

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Probably able to play JD before selling JP.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. IMO JD kicks JP's ass back to the stone age.

#11 8 years ago

I owned a JD. Amazing art and layout. Crap ruleset. JD would be the ultimate PROC project. IF you have a large collection its a fine game.. but that game gets old quick.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

JD would be the ultimate PROC project.

Like this?

#13 8 years ago

[error]

#14 8 years ago

Owned JP and got old quick. I play JD at a local arcade and love it. I am considering buying one very soon.

#15 8 years ago

Get Both. They both have something to offer.

DSC05554.jpgDSC05554.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Weird thread for me. I got a JD earlier this year and JP is the game I'm currently keeping an eye out for and was considering trying to trade something for (doubt i'd find anyone here to trade with though market isn't like the states). JD has a good lay out and a lot of things to do and shoot for but I like JPs rule set more. Basically I want both! In my case it was moving a whirlwind or rct for a JP.

JP seems to be expensive here though.

#17 8 years ago

Had JP and while it's fun to play it doesn't have near the shots and ramps that JD has to offer. Color DMD on JD looks amazing too and that's a huge plus. To me JP just got old and the build quality, Data East vs. Bally/Williams, is night and day. Seems like something was always going wrong with the JP I had until I got a new power board. I was happy to get rid of it. The only thing that makes JP hold a candle to JD is the ball eating T-Rex, without that feature, the game fails in comparison. Depends really on which theme you like better.

#18 8 years ago

I've got them both in my modest collection and and they're both fun machines. Both have interesting modes, decent depth, and great dots. The new code for JP really makes a good game even better. The multi-ball progression on JP is always fun and never gets old.

If I had to pick, JD would have the edge. It has better flow, better playfield artwork( although I love the cab and translite art on JP) and the color DMD really makes the great animations shine. I honestly would have trouble selling either.

#19 8 years ago

I have enjoyed both of these games. I got bored with Jurassic Park because it was just really too easy for me. I would repeatedly beat the game on ball 1. I've held onto Judge Dredd because the game is just a lot of fun. I think Judge Dredd has a little bit more going on.

Both games have sick and twisted graphics on the DMD. Both games also look awesome with LEDs

#20 8 years ago

I would take Dredd over most games, JP included. I'd make that swap.

Both are good, though; I'd allow both in my lineup if money allowed.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I owned a JD. Amazing art and layout. Crap ruleset. JD would be the ultimate PROC project. IF you have a large collection its a fine game.. but that game gets old quick.

Totally agree. I was bored of it in a week or so. The rules are so dull, little room for strategy or 'thinking' how you want to play. The whole Air Raid ramp and lane is a waste of time. The smaller loops around the top serve little purpose. Def needs an overhaul. Shame because the layout is superb.

#22 8 years ago

Do it. JD over JP for me

#23 8 years ago

I owned JD for about 5 years. I love the call outs on it and having the option of playing Super Game is nice way to mix things up. I haven't played JP as much but found that to be fun as well.

#24 8 years ago

I like JP far more than I do just about anything else, Dredd included.

Having said that, I have a bunch of machines. If you only have one or two, a swap wouldn't be a bad idea. Dredd is a great game, and very strategic.

#25 8 years ago

Would pick judge dredd over Jp.

#26 8 years ago

Owned both....enjoyed both very much. JD would come back before JP ever would.

JD is deeper and is tougher. I think I once got to the wizard mode on JP 5 times in seven games.....once you figured out the best route to get there it wasn't to hard to do it........traded it not long after that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-vs-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.