Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1369 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

BACKGROUND INFO & PREVIOUS ISSUE: Had this JP for 3 months. The dinosaur kept roaring and the sound would shut off, or if you used both flippers at the same time the sound would also shut off, but I fixed that by reseating the connectors on the power board every 3-4 weeks. We use it daily.

My wife was home alone playing JP. The ball drained, and then the attached image is what happened. Every time we power it on, this is what we see. Just some lights on the playfield and some of the DMD lights. No startup, and I can't get into diagnostics.

Any ideas?

IMG_1369 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Check the fuse clips on the power supply and the PPB.
Replace them if they feel weak or do not firmly hold the fuse.
Check the solder joints at the square 12-pin connector or better check them all.
Replace the small caps on the power supply.
These are VERY important for the 5V.

In other words, revise the power supply!

#3 2 years ago

There's a thread or two here by me about mine blowing up, and the aggravation to figure out the issue. If you flip the power button and it does one dino roar and/or just the playfield lights up, but nothing else, then it's probably your power supply. Mine was wishy washy and we could get it to work if we turned it on/off/on/off enough to boot up, but then it died completely one day and we had to buy another board. Hopefully it's something more simple for you, but it sounds similar to my issue.

#4 2 years ago

yyyyyup. I was kind of leaning towards power supply. I think you're both dead on, but I was unsure of what to do and how to do it.

I won't be able to work on any of this until next week, but I'll be sure to update this thread and hopefully mark it as fixed or resolved or whatever it is.

If anyone else has anything to add that you think may be of use, please don't hesitate. I'm taking all suggestions. Keep in mind that this is my first pin and I am still somewhat of a noobie.

#5 2 years ago

Power supply boards are pretty inexpensive.

2 weeks later
#6 2 years ago

I put $110 total towards a new power board from rottendog.

I plugged it in, turned it on, and it booted right back up.

Problem solved.

#7 2 years ago

I can repair your original board for you. Good to have a spare especially if you have more than one DE game. The Rottendog board is pretty universal in that it can be put in many different DE games.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I can repair your original board for you. Good to have a spare especially if you have more than one DE game. The Rottendog board is pretty universal in that it can be put in many different DE games.

Oh man, I dunno if you want to even bother with that. The back side is all different kinds of colors of smokey-grey and black. It's been repaired so many times that it looks like an elementary school project.

I think I'll pass. I am also a complete pinball noob so I want to try to do some work on it myself. Try to learn a few things and experiment with a multimeter and such. Thanks for the offer, I really do appreciate it.

#9 2 years ago

Just seeing this thread now. Glad you're up and running, Mike.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
3,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Muskegon, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Sale Pending!
Lodi, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside