• Latest reply 3 years ago by ekthoren
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A55FAEC-B0DC-4DFC-B648-46EF60278A45 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

So my Jurassic Park LE came yesterday and I wasted no time setting it up and getting to playing it. I’ve noticed that the truck seems “tight” on one side and I was wondering if anyone else is having/has had this issue out of the box.

So, if the truck is driving left with the captive ball on the right and you hit it 90+% of the time it will flip the way it should but if it is driving right with the ball on the left 90+% of the time it sticks somewhere in the first half of the flip and doesn’t complete it until you nail the captive ball attached directly to the truck with a shot that will then push it over to the other side.

I’ve manipulated it by hand and the difference in resistance is imperceptible manually from one side to the other AND I made sure the ball wasn’t rubbing the playfield on that side which could potentially cause this problem. Is this something that may “loosen up” over time? I have played at least 2 Pro machines and 1 other LE machines and none have had this issue but I didn’t play them the day they were out of the box. I’m only about 20 games in so far but if it’s something I need to ask Stern for a new part then I wanna get on it sooner rather than later

#2 4 years ago

not being a smart a**, but you did remove the clear rubber band that was holding the truck in place when you got it correct? don't ask me how I know you should check for that....

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

not being a smart a**, but you did remove the clear rubber band that was holding the truck in place when you got it correct? don't ask me how I know you should check for that....

uh... yeah... I totally did - from the location where it was. ::rushes over to the shop to check it out...::

In all honesty - I don’t know as i was unpacking it with the shop owner where it is being setup so we were kinda bouncing around doing stuff at the same time. I, personally, didn’t remove it but I’ll look and see if maybe it didn’t get removed or it just ended up off to one side causing this one sided issue

#4 4 years ago

Yes. This happened to the pro near us on location. The owner has a new mech coming. Hopefully that fixes it. We couldn’t find any way of fixing it as is.

I’ll report back if the new parts fixed our issue. Sorry I don’t have a definitive answer.

The resistance in our case was because the ball on the truck was dragging the playfield when it tried to swing to one side. The other side was fine.

2 weeks later
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. This happened to the pro near us on location. The owner has a new mech coming. Hopefully that fixes it. We couldn’t find any way of fixing it as is.
I’ll report back if the new parts fixed our issue. Sorry I don’t have a definitive answer.
The resistance in our case was because the ball on the truck was dragging the playfield when it tried to swing to one side. The other side was fine.

any updates you have?

I was told by my distributor that sometimes the trucks can be over tightened so my buddy went underneath and loosened the screw a little - it was immediately better and now works appropriately most of the time but still sticks occasionally

#6 4 years ago

Yes. Got all new parts and it helped. Didn’t quite fix it. What fixed it was putting one more washer on the top side of the playfield. That raised the truck up just enough. Butter now.

8 months later
#7 3 years ago

Just got mine and the truck would get stuck a bit. Lifted playfield and loosened Allen head just a little bit, moved it down a tiny bit, and retightened down. Now it’s very smooth and doesn’t get hung up.

9A55FAEC-B0DC-4DFC-B648-46EF60278A45 (resized).jpeg9A55FAEC-B0DC-4DFC-B648-46EF60278A45 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-truck-tight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.