Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mbott1701
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2549 (resized).JPG
IMG_2364 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I made a small run of Jurassic Park toppers, these are listed in my Pinside shop. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00843-jurassic-park-topper

Toppers are made from the original and I added strength to the bottom and sides for longer life. Most of the toppers I have had in the past the bottoms were broke, cracked and junk. In my opinion this is better than the original.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I made a small run of Jurassic Park toppers, these are listed in my Pinside shop. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00843-jurassic-park-topper
Toppers are made from the original and I added strength to the bottom and sides for longer life. Most of the toppers I have had in the past the bottoms were broke, cracked and junk. In my opinion this is better than the original.

I'm curious as to how these were made?

#3 2 years ago

I'm surprised with all the expert lighting MODS you do you didn't this up nicely. Beyond that it's a beautiful remake. I'm happy these are available at times.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm curious as to how these were made?

I created a mold from the surface of the the original, using epoxy resin I made a form that could withstand the heat from a vacuum former. I altered the bottom and sides for strength. I then had them produced using the same black plastic. Once produced they were cut and painted... Does that help?

IMG_2364 (resized).JPG

IMG_2549 (resized).JPG

#5 2 years ago

I dont own a JP yet but damn man that is a good job and thanks for putting them out there!

#6 2 years ago

Not trying to hijack this but can you of other large plastic objects? Say a BTTF flux capacitor ramp?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Not trying to hijack this but can you of other large plastic objects? Say a BTTF flux capacitor ramp?

Yes, a ramp that size could easily be done.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

It would be awesome if you could do a scaled down version of the topper so that people with lower ceilings could still use it on their machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
League City, TX
Machine - For Sale
Gap, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside