(Topic ID: 235722)

Jurassic Park tilt bob

By Davedigger

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED24D2A8-FE9C-42C2-91F8-6F75458DDE16 (resized).jpeg
    CD9406EF-3243-4B93-AB93-350D5FDB8071 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello pinside, I’m shopping my Jurassic Park that I’ve had for 2 years and fixing some small things that were missing. One being the tilt mechanism. I was looking for both wires that hook to the tilt bob and noticed that they were screwed in on the same screw...? I’ve never had the game tilt on me so I was wondering if it’s ok to hook it up or why they have the wires together “completing the circuit”. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

CD9406EF-3243-4B93-AB93-350D5FDB8071 (resized).jpegCD9406EF-3243-4B93-AB93-350D5FDB8071 (resized).jpegED24D2A8-FE9C-42C2-91F8-6F75458DDE16 (resized).jpegED24D2A8-FE9C-42C2-91F8-6F75458DDE16 (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

No, the green wire should go to the bob hanger above the plate. Don't power that up as you'll be sending power constantly to the switch return as the diode is doing nothing in that config.

#3 5 years ago

It’s been like that since I’ve owned the game. I just now noticed it. I’ve played hundreds of games on it. Can the tilt be turned off in the settings maybe?

#4 5 years ago

Tilt off is one of the adjustments, even though off is a setting its still sending power through that part of the switch matrix. I'd clip green wire off the lug and you can test it with a jumper wire from the green wires to the plate in active switches test.

#5 5 years ago

Can I just unscrew the green wire and hook it up like its supposed to be on the tilt bob bracket and test it? I have all the new parts from Marcos . Why would anyone leave the wires hooked up like that? what if any damage could it do?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Davedigger:

Can I just unscrew the green wire and hook it up like its supposed to be on the tilt bob bracket and test it?

Yes. Check about it being turned off in settings like mentioned in a previous post.

Quoted from Davedigger:

Why would anyone leave the wires hooked up like that?

We may never know.

Quoted from Davedigger:

what if any damage could it do?

Was probably confusing the heck out of the switch matrix.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

I’ll check all those things. Thanks for the help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-tilt-bob?hl=davedigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.