You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Looking for some feed back on Jurassic park
Pricing?
wizard mode?
difficulty?
I havent played it in years let me know some basic thoughts here
one came up in the area. Might have a look - not sure yet.

#2 14 years ago

Depending on condition I'd say around $1000 - $1500 .. can't comment on gameplay.

Check the eprom version level and the operation of the T-Rex head specifically. The newest eprom moves the head in mini-"bursts" instead of all at once reducing the wear on the motor.

#3 14 years ago

Hello!

I happen to have a nice Jurassic Park and I can easily say that I LOVE IT! I do not care that it is a Data East and, quite, it has given me less trouble than some other pins for other manufacturers. It is fast, fun, sounds great (love the roaring T-Rex), vibrates(!), has some nice shots, has the wonderful Raptor Shot (the ball comes flying back at you), and has 11 minigames. I find the game to be challenging but not overly so, which I think is nice. I suppose the one "downside" is that the tri-ball mode is pretty easy to get, especially with the Smart Missile button. However, trying to get to CHAOS mode is very hard for me as I have never made it! Lol!

As for price, I seem to see them go quite often in my area (Florida) for ~$1000-1500, and one would expect to pay more towards the $1500-1600 range for a really nice one. However, if I become more pinched for space or if money comes up my JP might the the first to leave my small collection. This is not that I do not like it, but that they do seem to come up for sale pretty often.

I hope this helps!

#4 14 years ago

Thanks Guys I think hes asking in the 1600+ range - which seems a tad bit high, if that came down a bit I wouldnt mind having it - I remeber I really liked it back when it first came out and seems I wouldnt have to much trouble selling it if I needed to

I have a call on monday for a TZ though so - that might take JP spot - however its more like 4k youch

#5 14 years ago

Of course... Good luck on either machine!

#6 14 years ago

1500 or lower, is a good price for a solid JP. 1600 or more, it would have to be a really-really good looking one (which is rare because the game got around alot, ie popular game with operators). gameplay is very good (decent wizard mode), even though some bash it just because its a DE. only thing to look out for is the t-rex. maybe knock some bucks off the asking price if it isn't working that great.

#7 14 years ago

"1500 or lower, is a good price for a solid JP. 1600 or more, it would have to be a really-really good looking one (which is rare because the game got around alot, ie popular game with operators). "

I agree with this. I spent $1595 for mine but it was in really nice shape. I also agree with trying to haggle down if possible...

Good luck!

#8 14 years ago

I paid 1400.00 for my JP just a few months ago. It was in very nice condition, basically it has been completely dismantled for a through cleaning. I had to purchase the main ramp (plastic) 89.00. I haven't played it much, I tore it apart a week after I purchased it. Play field is a 9.5, Cabinet, 8.5. I am very pleased for the money...

#9 14 years ago

I just picked up a nice J.P. a few weeks ago for $1600 CAD, and the seller was nice enough to deliver it to my house at no extra cost - even though it was a few hour round trip!

This is my first pin, and I really don't think I could have found much of anything in this price range to provide me, my wife and friends so much entertainment!
It's just a great game all around with great music/sound fx, fun toys, bright and colourful artwork, tons to shoot for with a variety of cool modes!

A few of my close friends never cared for pinball much in the past, and always looked like they were going to fall asleep if I talked about it, but since I've owned the J.P. it seems they want to visit more often

#10 14 years ago

ok condition JP for 1600 or very very nice clear coated playfield whirlwind for 1900 that looks cherry hrmmm I hate decisions

#11 14 years ago

Great to hear you and friends are enjoying the JP colb. Great game. Should look into one day getting the green-lighting mod. Pretty sure its just some green neon over near the rear of the playfield. Makes the jungle look more lush. Send Indypin an email. Awesome guy who loves to mod his pinballs (his Funhouse balloon mod is simple and ridiculously cool). I saw that Indypin also got a mod for the JP Raptor pit.

Getting info myself on modding out my new toy....my Twilight Zone!

$1900 for the Whirlwind fusion301? I assume thats a rare Diamond Plated Whirlwind. Those system 11 diamond plated games are extremely rare. I have only seen 1 Bride of Pinbot and 1 Funhouse with the diamond plating. They were expensive to say the least, but beautiful.

#12 14 years ago

no its not diamnod plated I dont think but it is clear coated -
http://gallery.me.com/carscadden1#100344&bgcolor=black&view=grid

let me know what you think

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-thoughtscommentsdifficulty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.