(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmendo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 2 years ago

I've had the Jurassic pin for a week now and am really enjoying it. I'm surprised that I can't enter my name into the home version pin, and even playing as Player 1, it's not retaining my high score of 3 million plus. I asked Stern about it, and they said that I can't enter my name until I beat the scores preset in the machine for the folks who created the game. I'm new to pinball, this is my first machine, and I don't think I'll be matching those scores anytime soon. Is this just the way it is? Seems odd to me especially for a home game. Thanks, Tony

1 week later
#248 2 years ago

I contacted Stern's tech service about the game not saving player's high scores. On my machine when turning it back on, it only will show the score, or scores for the player, or players of the last game. I was messaging with someone named Chad, and he said that your scores will not be saved until you surpass those preset scores in the game. I'm going to be able to do that, well, probably never. I got into the Standard Adjustments and tried to lower all of those preset scores, and the only one that I could lower was #37, High Score #4. I reset it from 5 mill down to 1,000,000 (as low as it would go). I'm not even sure what that means exactly. I've had several 2-3 million score games since, and it is not saving the scores. I've had the game two weeks now, and am really enjoying my first machine, but it's a little annoying that it won't keep my high score. Maybe a software update in the future? Does Stern ever do that?

3 weeks later
#319 2 years ago

Saw the flipper “code” for this game in an earlier post. I just don’t know what code does.

#329 2 years ago

Low-tech way to brighten the playing field.

20220323_095708 (2) (resized).jpg20220323_095708 (2) (resized).jpg20220323_095749 (2) (resized).jpg20220323_095749 (2) (resized).jpg
#343 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I have owned this game for about 5 weeks now and played hundreds of games on it. I just don't get it. The max I have ever managed is 4.5m on like three games. I average 900k. It's level. 6.5 incline. All I get from this pin is bricks and drains. I go out and play on laocation at least every other week and don't have any issues picking up most games and doing pretty well after a game or two getting to know the machine. Yet the pin in my house I have never found the shots. Everyone says backhanding is great in this pin. I don't see it. I can't backhand anything on this pin. If i get it to start it won't even make it up the ramp. I seem to be the only person who bought this pin who has issues with it and I just don't get why. It's the first pin I have bought. I was so stoked to get it. And all it's become is a source of frustration and regret because I tied up my pin money in it and can't buy anything else till it's sold. Which a month on the market and that still hasn't happened. I know this is a vent. But maybe someone has some suggestion. I just don't get why I can't get a handle on this pin.

Quoted from DeejayDara:

I would agree, in large part. I found it really brutal at first and incredibly frustrating with the left wall bounces down the middle. I got somewhat of a handle on it after a while but, to be honest, I just don't really enjoy it as a pin. Personal preference, I guess. I have hardly played it for the past couple of months and just play my Ripley's. Hopefully, somebody will be taking it off my hands this week. I'm taking a financial hit on it but replacing it with a game that I will actually play. Lesson learned, I guess, never to buy a pin I've never played.

Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I have owned this game for about 5 weeks now and played hundreds of games on it. I just don't get it. The max I have ever managed is 4.5m on like three games. I average 900k. It's level. 6.5 incline. All I get from this pin is bricks and drains. I go out and play on laocation at least every other week and don't have any issues picking up most games and doing pretty well after a game or two getting to know the machine. Yet the pin in my house I have never found the shots. Everyone says backhanding is great in this pin. I don't see it. I can't backhand anything on this pin. If i get it to start it won't even make it up the ramp. I seem to be the only person who bought this pin who has issues with it and I just don't get why. It's the first pin I have bought. I was so stoked to get it. And all it's become is a source of frustration and regret because I tied up my pin money in it and can't buy anything else till it's sold. Which a month on the market and that still hasn't happened. I know this is a vent. But maybe someone has some suggestion. I just don't get why I can't get a handle on this pin.

I’ve had the game for about two months, and also find it challenging. Haven’t really played pinball since I was a kid in the early 60’s at the Balboa Funzone in Southern California. My favorite games back then were Gottlieb’s Tropic Isle, which was a new game, and an older Williams baseball game. I think the baseball game cost two cents to play, and the newer ones were a nickel. And you got five balls to play per game as I recall. Got the Jurassic Park pin, my only game, after helping a friend pick up his repaired PinBot from a sales and repair business in the Bay Area, and catching the pinball bug again. I wasn’t a great player as a kid, and I’m still for sure not now. I’ve played a lot of games on it, but it can be very frustrating for me too. Right off I narrowed the side drains, and later opted to play 4 balls instead of just 3. I also recently “disabled” the 3 popups in front of the T-Rex. I now get more T-Rex multi balls, and get to hear the awesome roar which sounds even better since I installed the 8 inch cabinet speaker thanks to bigguybbr’s instructions. Yes, I’m not playing the game as it came from Stern, but I’m having more fun with it now. I’m still trying to learn the shots, but am basically just trying to keep the balls in play. I’ve cleaned and waxed the field a few times, and am blown away about how it so speeds the game up, at least for a while. If you’ve watched the 90 minute YouTube video of Jack Danger and friends playing the game just after waxing, you’ll see that even these guys, and girl, are challenged. I’m fiddling with the incline more than I want to, but the speed at which it plays seems to slow down with time after cleaning. Since this is the only game I’ve really played in over 60 years, I can’t compare it to any other “modern” game, but I certainly can sympathize with anyone who’s frustrated playing it.

4 months later
#469 1 year ago

Love the pin, but am continually frustrated by banging into the two rubber bumpers separating the three lanes on the left side of the game. Was wondering if there is a way to turn down the flipper speed? (Don't think so). Also, not quite sure what "slingshot power" does in the adjustments.
Thanks.

#471 1 year ago

I still can't identify which adjustment in Feature Adjustments is for flipper power.
Thanks

2 months later
#500 1 year ago

I played one game this morning. Kept making shots, and playing extra balls. I scored over 24,000,000, over twice as much as I ever have. But I don't know if I "escaped Nublar" or "restored power". There was a lot going on, and I'm not sure how I would know if I did escape, and /or restore power. Any way to tell after the fact?

20221023_160959 (resized).jpg20221023_160959 (resized).jpg
#502 1 year ago

Thanks. Yes, at one point it stopped the game, and said it was collecting all balls.

4 months later
#728 1 year ago

My "toppers", Papo T-Rex and Spinosaurus.

20230309_123005 (resized).jpg20230309_123005 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#872 10 months ago

Yes, the left rail where my thumb sits kind of wore away and exposed an air pocket?. I called Pinball Pirate in California, sent him a picture of the rail, and he either ordered one, or had one in stock. In the meantime I switched the left rail to the right side until I pick up the new one.

9 months later
#1085 21 days ago

I used a bit of thin piano wire to mount the pterodactyls. They bounce around as you play the game.

IMG_0102 (resized).jpegIMG_0102 (resized).jpegIMG_0103 (resized).jpegIMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmendo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park?tu=tmendo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.