(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,091 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pocketholeshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 2 years ago

I'm looking to upgrade my SW comic art pro speakers and then swap the old speakers into my JDJP. Can anyone point me to where I can purchase this connector so I can hook up the cabinet speaker to the board on my JDJP?

It's an 18awg female 2 pin connector with these numbers stamped on.

MXN 34

Thanks in advance!

Cn4connector (resized).jpgCn4connector (resized).jpg
2 months later
#336 2 years ago

Yeah I agree with some of the above comments. This game is very fast even
at 6.5. Took me a little bit to adjust but I'm hitting +20 million on good games with the factory outlanes. You may want to move those to the lowest position if you haven't yet.

Also focus on dead bouncing as much as possible to slow things down. Trap up on every shot so you can focus and you'll start bricking less. Backhand the right orbit for a safer shot.

Try those for a week and see if you improve!

6 months later
#487 1 year ago

To Preface, I've been enjoying my game and everything has been great for the most part. I just wanted to point this out in case this happened to anyone else's game.

Some time ago I noticed that part of the front cabinet panel had some damage on it. I have the tilt bob set pretty tight on this game as I anticipated the cabinet not holding up to long term nudging.

JDJP1small (resized).jpgJDJP1small (resized).jpg
JDJP2small (resized).jpgJDJP2small (resized).jpg

Well as I dug deeper I noticed the reason the cabinet fractured in the first place was that the factory forgot half of the corner brace bolts on my game! They even left the sticker cut outs still attached

JDJP3small (resized).jpgJDJP3small (resized).jpg
JDJP4small (resized).jpgJDJP4small (resized).jpg

Anyways, I contacted my distributor and am waiting for a resolution. I have yet to hear any word from Stern. In the meantime I repaired the cabinet piece with wood glue and clamps.

I also ordered replacement bolts from Amazon. They are a few mm longer than the factory ones, but work just fine as a replacement. I had to order an 18 pack and only needed 2.

JDJPbolts (resized).jpgJDJPbolts (resized).jpg

If anyone else needs any bolts, I'll send them out to you if you cover the shipping. I have 16 total bolts available.

Check your game before you get damage like I did!

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I actually had the same issue where some of the bolts were missing from the lower cabinet and it caused some damage when moved on a cart. I worked with my distributor and Stern is going to send me a new cabinet when they make them in November. Reach out to your distributor. I’m sure they can help you out.
Might be a good thing for Stern to add a notice to new games to check for missing cabinet bolts if they come loose during shipping (or buy some coffee for the cabinet QC guy or gal)

Thanks bigguybbr !

I guess it makes me feel better I wasn't the only one with cabinet bolt issues.

As I said I have already reached out to my distributor, but I'm not holding out hope based on past experiences. It's unfortunate that we have to take these repairs into our own hands.

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

No prob!
If you were closer I would give you the parts from my cabinet to make it all whole. Only the bottom panel was damaged on mine. I imagine it would cost a small fortune even just the flat pack the cabinet and ship it along. Let me know if you can get your issue worked out with your distro, otherwise maybe we can figure it out and get you parts of my cabinet.

Thanks for the offer bigguybbr ! If you do get your replacement cabinet, I only need the front panel piece. It isn't all that large and could be around $40 shipping I imagine.

While I have repaired it, a new panel would be nice especially if I ever sell it as I'd like to pass it on fully rectified.

Keep me in mind when you get your replacement please!
JDJP6 (resized).jpgJDJP6 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#515 1 year ago

This is my best score, 35M. I usually just avoid T-Rex multi-ball and go for restore power. I also try to get all paddocks running first then go for Raptor MB via the right orbit to dead flip shot.

I have gotten to Restore Power probably a dozen or so times now and I still can't complete it! I use the mono target to freeze the timer, and I've gotten to 90% completion a few times. Any tips for completing it?

JDJPHighScore (resized).jpgJDJPHighScore (resized).jpg
#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Dviking:

You talk about the “mono target” freezing the timer during restore power. I am unsure which target you are referring to. I need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance for any clarifications!!

The mono target I'm referring to is on the left side, also known as the "control room" shot.

It takes 3 hits during Restore Power to freeze the timer for about 10 seconds or so. I usually aim for this, then try and knock out the hardest "sector" shots for me. If you don't fully restore power to a sector, it's corresponding completion meter slowly drains.

I hope that makes sense!

JDJPControlroom (resized).jpgJDJPControlroom (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#550 1 year ago

Nice JordyRamone , those art blades and spot lights look awesome!

Quoted from JordyRamone:

So i participated in the pinside secret santa this year and my santa knocked it out of the park. He must have dug around this thread cause he gave me some mods that bigguybbr and Aries_pinside posted on here. i got art blades, cup holder, bat stickers, spotlights from comet and a trough light kit. I was blown any buy the generosity. The spotlights make a huge difference. I have never done mods like this and learn a lot.
Here's the before pic I took yesterday[quoted image]
Here are the after [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#551 1 year ago

Well, I finally did it. I completed Restore Rower and collected the Super Jackpot in it. It was worth a whopping 10 Million points and the mode I think was 18M combined. It was my second Restore Power of the game. What a great challenge and payoff when I finally did it. I just eclipsed my 1 year of unboxing it!

I focused on completing the left jump ramp early, as that shot is tough to complete in the time limit if you miss. I also focused on halting the timer by getting 3 mono target hits whenever I could.

When I first bought this game, I thought it would be too easy to finish. Boy was I wrong!

JDJPGC1 (resized).jpgJDJPGC1 (resized).jpgJDJPGC2 (resized).jpgJDJPGC2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallant85:

I am having an issue with it recording new high scores. I customized the high scores to be lower. It looks whenever I turn off the game, the high scores reset to their default. Is anyone else getting this? Is there a fix?

Make sure you are on the latest code. I think this was a problem in the old code but was fixed in an update.

1 week later
#592 1 year ago
Quoted from isometrixk:

Ah man, when it rains it pours…my TRex shots aren’t recognized anymore. Looks like the bottom optical sensor wire didn’t have enough slack and was pulled as the jaw opened/shut. I have a ticket with support now on how to wire it again.
I’ll need to cut a little bit from the back of the Trex where this wire slips through to allow more slack more movement.
Still in love with the machine. I think next I might make a topper with interactive lights like some of you posted.[quoted image][quoted image]

The same thing happened to my game.

I requested a replacement opto assembly, but it was taking forever so I just repaired the solder joint and reinstalled it.

I eventually received the opto assembly from Stern. Let me know if you need it I can send it to you if you cover the shipping. Good luck!

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from isometrixk:Thank you! Actually do you remember how it wires up? I think Y is in the middle and O is on the outside

Here's a pic!

20230122_101721.jpg20230122_101721.jpg
4 weeks later
#652 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

A couple of hours and I have a nice new cabinet.
[quoted image]

bigguybbr Do you need your old front panel still from your cabinet?

I think we talked about it awhile back. I'm still waiting on my replacement, not sure it will ever come...

2 weeks later
#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

Hi, all. I’ve seen the various issues people are having with the T-Rex toy but mine might be a little different(?) The ball gets stuck in his mouth and then after a while the game goes into lost ball mode, the drop down targets are reset, and then the ball comes out of his mouth and nothing gets registered toward multiball. So, essentially my T-Rex is useless.
I am a total noob and this is my first pin, so I have no idea how to fix this, but I am motivated to jump right in and get my hands dirty and learn all I can. Can someone get me started with the basics of troubleshooting this issue?
P.S. I ran a coil test and it seems to be working as it should but not during gameplay. I mean I don’t know what the coil test should look like, but he opens and closes his mouth when I press the button.

It sounds like your Trex Jaw opto is not registering. The game doesn't know you made the shot, then the ball save is triggered because a switch hasn't been hit in awhile.

Go into switch test, put a ball up into the trex shot and see if it registers.

Clean the opto transmitter and receiver. It's possible you have a bad solder joint on one of the opto boards though. You can follow the Trex removal guide in this thread to gain access.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

Well, I took the whole jaw assembly apart to get at the optos. It’s not gonna be fun trying to put it all back together. Then I saw the broken solders on the receiver board. I don’t know if I did that when I was pulling it out, but either way I have to find someone who can solder this for me before I can play again ☹️[quoted image]

Yep, that's almost exactly what happened to mine. I don't think you did anything to damage it, they were probably just cold solder joints that eventually failed.

This is a good opportunity to learn some soldering. I'm not very good at it, but kwas able to repair this board easily.

This soldering guide is probably overkill, but a great reference if you want to deep dive. The most helpful tip for me is - keep applying heat for a few seconds after pulling the solder away from the pad, then remove the iron from the pad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1

Reassembly isn't too bad overall. If you need I can refer to some pics.

Let us know when you get it fixed!

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

I found an electronics guy to solder it for me. It took him maybe two minutes and then he refused to charge me. I have a feeling I’ll be seeing him again but next time he’s taking my money!
Reassembly: Do you have pics? I think I need some . Note to self: take pictures before you disassemble anything.
On a sadder note, I made the further mistake of leaving my screws in a place that is accessible to my cats. So, screws are missing. They’re denying it, but I know it was them. So, now I need to go to Home Depot and try to find screws that will work.
My first pinball repair job is at least a good learning experience about what not to do.

If you follow the steps in this post, it should cover most of it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/4#post-6744825

Sorry to hear you lost the screws. I always use one of these when disassembling anything with small parts. You can get them at Harbor Freight and many other places.

2Q==.jpg2Q==.jpg
#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:Thanks, everyone, for helping me out. You are all very generous with your knowledge and time and I really appreciate it. I learned a lot in two days! Well, a lot for me. Thanks again.

Awesome! Glad to hear. If you want to visualize how an opto circuit works, think of the transmitter emitting an invisible infrared laser beam. The receiver detects this beam. If the ball crosses the beam path, the receiver can't see the beam, and the circuit is now incomplete, triggering an event that can be read by the game.

A cool way to test opto transmitters is by using your phone camera. The camera can detect the near infrared emission.

You can try this on your TV remote control by holding the camera up to the transmitter and seeing a purple light in your camera!

1 week later
#759 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Final piece of the puzzle complete
[quoted image]

That's awesome, any step by step and parts list for this mod?

1 month later
#821 11 months ago

Regarding the cabinet speaker, I was hoping someone could help me out.

I installed the second backbox speaker and cabinet speaker. When I have the cabinet speaker hooked up, I get a weird audio distortion during lower frequency sound effects. Especially after locking a T-Rex shot, or the end of ball sound clip.

I tried messing with the audio settings but I can't seem to eliminate it.

I was using a stern factory 8" cab speaker, I've also tried switching it with another Pyle 8" speaker and I get the same distortion. It doesn't seem to matter at 4 or 8 ohm.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

#823 11 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Did you update the code? I know it was enabled last up date.

Jon9508 Yes I'm on current code and have the cabinet speaker enabled.

#828 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

100% its only the sub. Made sure all wiring was correct and routed correctly. Still have static crackle at lower base levels. I followed the EQ settings from the post linked below and got it 99% better. Im going to skip the external amp route for this game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/24#post-7402916

Thanks SlapDrain ! I copied over these settings for the 10 ban EQ and the sound is so much better.

Thanks for posting that!

3 months later
#883 8 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Question I can’t figure out how to get an extra ball. When it’s lit what actions are necessary to score it?

You qualify an extra ball after completing 2 dinosaur rescues. It will then light at the raptor pen, the next hit to the raptor pen will collect it. I don't think there is a second EB in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pocketholeshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park?tu=pocketholeshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.