(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsaturn2012.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That is a great suggestion for getting over frustration. My first NIB was a TMNT, which is a brutal game, especially for a newer or less skilled player. I was finding myself losing interest in it because I couldn't get very far and was never hitting the special modes or battles. Switching over to 5 ball made such a difference. The game was more fun and I was able to explore more of the modes and features.
Think of it like the Konami code back in the day for Contra. Did having 30 lives make the game less fun, or more fun?

All valid ideas. I think the game is difficult as well. But I also have a T3 in the basement, I'll play that a couple of ball-draining rounds, and then JDJP is a LOT easier. Usually when I drain, it's my fault and not the machine's. And if you're not tilting, are you even trying?

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Finally got some time to install new speakers and try out the "upside down" star post LED idea. They turned out real good!
I want two more - the post next to the newton ball and the post above the control target almost perfectly flank the Escape Nublar postcard and might look good, and would probably let you see the chaotic newton ball shots better. I also need a trough light (I'm working on wiring it such that it turns from white to red along with the GI during raptor multiball/escape nublar), and then I think everything will be balanced perfect.
I got these: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_SP . I went with red and warm white and the colors matched perfectly. I wish they were a bit brighter or had a wider 'focus', but am otherwise super happy.
With the lights off the raptor and nightvision goggles get lit up (white from above red from below):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Raptor multiball is extra epic. I can't wait to see what nublar/restore power looks like:
[quoted image]

Man, that rivals the RED Mode in T3. Well done! Also, thanks for the idea about the Jeep and the side rails. Really makes the game pop even more.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to tie in to the main GI? I would like to hook up the Jeep with LEDs in the headlights.

2 months later
#423 1 year ago

I really hope in a code update that you don't need the topper to spell Jurassic Park. Those things are going top dollar to put on a $4K machine.

Regardless, I love this game so much.

1 month later
#450 1 year ago

Anyone know what’s going on here? Whenever I let go of the right flipper button, it slowly goes back into place rather than snapping right back to the neutral down position. I got my machine back in November, and I’ve been playing it fairly regularly.

I guess I need a new coil? I’ve never had a flipper go out in my ten years of owning a machine (I know I’m blessed) so this is new territory for me.

4 months later
#525 1 year ago

Maybe Godzilla is up next? I feel like after the success of JDJP, Stern would be crazy not to keep doing these sorts of machines.

Also, my high is currently around 16M? Something like that. Haven’t been playing as much as I would like because of life

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsaturn2012.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park?tu=mrsaturn2012 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.