(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,081 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2504 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2499 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

I'll be putting these on tonight:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
They match the artwork perfectly!

Are these the cornerstone stern pin blades? Any mods needed to make them fit?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Added a second speaker, sub, titan rings and the car from Aries_pinside!
It didn’t improve my scores though
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ef6d3ccbdc5ce9c5d018f6d55bafa0413cb391ed-1639538390-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

Any method or guide?

#67 2 years ago

Mine was just delivered. DeadFlip where’s my free drink? Don’t make me call stern customer service. I’ll accept a delivery of seltzer.

#68 2 years ago

Ok so initial thoughts on the machine before even playing the game:

Unboxed the game and the bottom wood panel had a bolt going through it, obvious factory damage, they are just trying to crank games out with little QC. Not a dig on the game, more of stern in general.
Decal on the coin box door was also peeling off out of the box.
New lock bar is not good. Took a minute to get the 2 hidden latches undone, and the bar to slide out without catching. Is it really more cost efficient to use this rather than a standard lock bar and start button? Not sure what bar was on Star Wars, but there would have been design costs sunk here, seems unnecessary to me?
I weigh 130lbs, not a giant belly by any stretch, and I accidentally hit the start button with it during a game, really thought drilling a real start button would be overkill, now seems kinda like a necessary change.
Speakers - it’s a home game, so they are as expected. Will def try to add another and a sub.
Lights: playfield is daaaaaark in my bright room. Going to add some spotlights.
Playfield overall looks good and kinda like a pro?
Cabinet art looks good. Not in love with the red molding.
Turning the game on - started a game, raptor switch is stuck on; 8-Sw-raptor pen 10 pt sw-bot, so game immediately went into multi ball. Guess the leaf switch was just pinched at the bottom, easy fix but didn’t really get to experience much gameplay yet since I had to fix it out of the box, but the shots do seem fun! Am seeing an issue on the pteranodon ramp, ball flying off into the glass instead of falling into the inlane. 100% of the time so far. Guess I have to bend it as the other players have?
Overall I’m excited for the game, wish stern had better QC. I think Jack designed a good/cool/fun game under the constraints, seems to okay like a pro, so props to him and excited to see his cornerstone with more budget. Wish stern had more QC, especially on home games for possible first time buyers who may not know how to fix things like the switch issue out of the box.

#76 2 years ago

What subs are people putting in these?

#91 2 years ago

So whenever you shoot it in the trex and the right drop target is still up, the ball always hits the right drop target on the way down and drains straight down the middle. Could making all the drops go down before the ball is released be in a future code update DeadFlip ? I don’t think it’s a question of making the game easier, it’s just super annoying when that happens. I think this game is in a lot of houses with kids and newbies that may not be able to nudge the machine to stop it from draining. My kids don’t like the trex spitting the ball down the middle haha.

2 weeks later
#113 2 years ago

Finally got grand champion score. Beat nublar and made it through restore power. First time getting to restore power, so didn’t really know what to do. I guess the timer ran out because balls drained and game reset again. All the lights on the PF are blinking. I thought restoring power to one shot and then sinking it in the trex would score some big points for super jackpot, but maybe I missed something. Also am still using the wide factory outlanes, so feel like I have beat the game and may be ready to move on lol.

F6333DD0-24A8-4563-B39D-4E70D404874D (resized).jpegF6333DD0-24A8-4563-B39D-4E70D404874D (resized).jpeg
#116 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Just got mine a couple days and I'm loving it. Just a few questions since I'm new at owning a pinball machine. When me and my buddy were inspecting the machine for loose screws and when we put the playfield down after looking at the bottom we heard something drop. It was a nut at the very back of the playfield. We looked for at least 20 mins to find where this nut is supposed to go and couldn't. Anyone have any idea where a not obvious location could be for this nut? I'm assuming it's from the back part but don't know for sure. Is it possible that this is a extra one? Cause I'm really stumped.
My second question is has anyone had trouble with the ball getting stuck at the back? I think it's between the metal flap and the plastic protector part under the jump ramp. I included pictures to help explain where the nut was and where the ball gets stuck. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah balls get stuck on that back gate all the time. There is some Mylar on the playfield that begins right where that gate is, causing the gate to hold the ball down on the lip of the Mylar. Mylar is there because of the jump ramp. If it was just 1 centimeter longer it wouldn’t be an issue.

#143 2 years ago

Mine is also available for $4300 if someone wants to pick up in Austin, open to trades as well.

1 week later
#172 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Hmm. I will definitely check this tonight. I did level it using pinball leveler app on Android but maybe it's off.

You say it drains 1/3 of the time, are those times when the right drop target is still up? That’s the only time mine goes out sdtm. If I shoot in trex with that still up, I just start gently rumbling the machine until he spits it out, then it usually doesn’t hit the target and drain

2 months later
#357 1 year ago

been a while since i was on ps, so my ad had expired. just relisted it if anyone is interested in picking one of these up in TX

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park?tu=Amarillopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.