(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.
#401 1 year ago

Lazy Saturday afternoon, so I remixed a thingiverse speaker spacer so I could add a left speaker.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5385687

6C3DE9CE-5BBE-43F8-A0A7-EDC9B12AB6D5 (resized).jpeg6C3DE9CE-5BBE-43F8-A0A7-EDC9B12AB6D5 (resized).jpeg8BBFF8C6-CFB9-4F1F-BC55-4A89A3E19516 (resized).jpeg8BBFF8C6-CFB9-4F1F-BC55-4A89A3E19516 (resized).jpeg

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:Lazy Saturday afternoon, so I remixed a thingiverse speaker spacer so I could add a left speaker.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5385687
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. How hard would it be to then wire that other speaker? Looks like some soldering is involved and I have never soldered. I imagine you would also need some a new clip too. Do you plan on adding led lights to it?

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

That's awesome. How hard would it be to then wire that other speaker? Looks like some soldering is involved and I have never soldered. I imagine you would also need some a new clip too. Do you plan on adding led lights to it?

If you have spade connectors, you don't really need to solder, if that's your preference. You can just crimp them on to some speaker wire and connect to the speaker terminals. You can get a whole set of those here: https://www.amazon.com/TICONN-Disconnect-Connectors-Electrical-Assortment/dp/B08BZ972B5/ref=sr_1_4

You can then use the existing connector housing on the main board where the other speaker is connected, crimp 2 new 0.156" crimp connectors, and slip those into the housing for the left speaker connections.

If you need crimp connectors or the housing, you can get them here: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=86

#404 1 year ago

JordyRamone I snapped a few extra pictures while I had it apart. I learned a lesson that natural filament lets too much light blend through from the back box so I reprinted with black. Hope the pictures help

195798C7-42F4-4417-92D4-88391B9E7A1D (resized).jpeg195798C7-42F4-4417-92D4-88391B9E7A1D (resized).jpeg54522F1B-35D5-406A-BE37-63B1298AFA58 (resized).jpeg54522F1B-35D5-406A-BE37-63B1298AFA58 (resized).jpeg7CA7C75C-C760-4891-BDC4-9E0523255A41 (resized).jpeg7CA7C75C-C760-4891-BDC4-9E0523255A41 (resized).jpeg
#405 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

JordyRamone I snapped a few extra pictures while I had it apart. I learned a lesson that natural filament lets too much light blend through from the back box so I reprinted with black. Hope the pictures help
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a lot. I greatly appreciate it. I got a buddy of mine printing it in black so I'll be good! Probably won't have time to try it for a while. I'll have to track down a speaker too.

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Thanks a lot. I greatly appreciate it. I got a buddy of mine printing it in black so I'll be good! Probably won't have time to try it for a while. I'll have to track down a speaker too.

This is pretty much the same as stock
https://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Pinball-Machine-Atomic-Market/dp/B074VTX9T4

3 weeks later
#407 1 year ago

So I came across something kind of interesting. One thing that has always surprised me about this pin since I brought it home is how difficult it is to get T-Rex multiball. The shot had to be at just the right angle and speed to make it all the way up the ramp. The vast majority of shots into the T-Rex would get spit right back out. I saw people mention turning off the drop targets so friends and family could get more multiballs, but the drop targets were never my issue. I suspected something might be wrong with the ramp, but I figured what was actually happening was me not being good at pinball. I decided to take a closer look when I had the glass off for something else, and it turns out the ramp wasn’t installed correctly! A section of the mounting bracket wasn’t in the groove so it was sticking up above the playfield. After removing the T-Rex and wiggling it into the groove, I’m getting tons of T-Rex multiballs and it’s like a whole different game!

66F98BF3-2D03-4EF8-B600-06894FEAAFC5 (resized).jpeg66F98BF3-2D03-4EF8-B600-06894FEAAFC5 (resized).jpeg93A200CE-190A-43CE-8803-925362B608FA (resized).jpeg93A200CE-190A-43CE-8803-925362B608FA (resized).jpeg
#408 1 year ago

Wrong topic thread

#410 1 year ago

Hey guys, figure I should share this in case anyone wants to do the same. I added another Dino to my machine. I was looking for a good dilophosaurus online but never found one. Then one day I was in Walmart and I saw this one with the character Claire. It fits pretty awesome and its one of my favourites I've added. It was sorta expensive at 27 Canadian but I think it was worth it. Here's a link to the product. https://shop.mattel.com/products/jurassic-world-human-dino-pack-claire-dilophosaurus-gwm28
(Woah, their site shows 15 USD. Geez they are ripping Canadians off)

20220605_172407 (resized).jpg20220605_172407 (resized).jpg20220605_172414 (resized).jpg20220605_172414 (resized).jpg
#411 1 year ago

So jack finally got one and said there is a secret wizard mode. He couldn't remember on stream exactly what to do. He tried for a while but couldn't get to it. It's something like you get to the trex MB and then at some point you start nailing the spino captive ball. It will start something like King of the island where the spino and trex are battling. He said they should make it easier to get to but since its a home pin they might not do another update. I hope they do cause that sounds cool.

#412 1 year ago

After trying, yeaaaaah I mis-remembered a mode we scrapped. All that damn time shooting for it.. hahaha frick.
Trex multiball is haaaard! We kicked the game's butt last night tho, posting our killer game to youtube shortly.

#413 1 year ago

Oh side note, I FINALLY HAVE A JDJP IN THE STUDIO!!!!!!! <3

#414 1 year ago

Pulled this off last night.
Restore Power is anxiety inducing! haha

GC (resized).pngGC (resized).png
#415 1 year ago

Can we get another side note? Mainly when we will see your next game?

#416 1 year ago

Also are they really going to run this game again in november ?

They did not produced enough of this game. Been waiting forever with my distro

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh side note, I FINALLY HAVE A JDJP IN THE STUDIO!!!!!!! <3

DeadFlip I thought the hotdog and hamburger hidden in the art on the playfield were cool. I had to go search it out. Very Al Hirshfeld.

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pretty sure. I think my distro told me way back when that it would be probably q4, so November sounds right. I had a cabinet issue that Stern is being cool about and sending me a new one once the next run happens, so I'm looking forward to it.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I had a deposit for a premium but my distributor sounded pretty bleak on getting one this year. They were confident if I switched to the home pin it would happen in November. I wish pinside would put the owners on the map so I could see if someone in my State has one to try.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I had a deposit for a premium but my distributor sounded pretty bleak on getting one this year. They were confident if I switched to the home pin it would happen in November. I wish pinside would put the owners on the map so I could see if someone in my State has one to try.

That really is the only trouble with the home pins. Unless you can find them set up at a distributor, it’s tough to find one to try.

#421 1 year ago

Watching deadflip video and he got “Ecape nublar enhanced”. Said it was because he lit up “Jurassic park”. How did he accomplish that? Can’t figure it out. Thanks for the help!

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from Dviking:

Watching deadflip video and he got “Ecape nublar enhanced”. Said it was because he lit up “Jurassic park”. How did he accomplish that? Can’t figure it out. Thanks for the help!

He had the official Jurassic Park topper on. You can see it spelling letters which lights up letters on the sign while he was playing. I think it made his escape nublar very lucrative.

#423 1 year ago

I really hope in a code update that you don't need the topper to spell Jurassic Park. Those things are going top dollar to put on a $4K machine.

Regardless, I love this game so much.

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

He had the official Jurassic Park topper on. You can see it spelling letters which lights up letters on the sign while he was playing. I think it made his escape nublar very lucrative.

I was wondering where the light up Jurassic Park letters came from.

Put up my best score “while on NyQuil” last night . Not my high score, but a good effort for having super slow reflexes and a head clogged full of mucus. It should count as real life achievement

I drained when was one shot from completing all the paddocks. That was a bummer
EF3FCFAF-CAD7-497C-B3B2-9FB5992E6F92 (resized).jpegEF3FCFAF-CAD7-497C-B3B2-9FB5992E6F92 (resized).jpeg

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I was wondering where the light up Jurassic Park letters came from.
Put up my best score “while on NyQuil” last night . Not my high score, but a good effort for having super slow reflexes and a head clogged full of mucus. It should count as real life achievement
I drained when was one shot from completing all the paddocks. That was a bummer
[quoted image]

Haha. Nice. The worst is draining it while only needing the trex shot left to start nublar left.

2 weeks later
#426 1 year ago

Just thought you guys should know that I got a goat.

20220629_235043 (resized).jpg20220629_235043 (resized).jpg
#427 1 year ago

Recently added side arts! Really does ad depth and looks great.

Added a bunch of dinosaurs and the jeep.

Sorry for bad photos

90D14CFC-09AF-4E14-9300-709CC2AA557C (resized).jpeg90D14CFC-09AF-4E14-9300-709CC2AA557C (resized).jpegBA73095E-BC54-4A5D-BB02-2C6884F0E6EC (resized).jpegBA73095E-BC54-4A5D-BB02-2C6884F0E6EC (resized).jpeg
#428 1 year ago
Quoted from Nebz:

Sorry for bad photos

Cool stuff. Definitely thought of added side art. I'm assuming you have to take the play field off to do so?
Put the stegosaurus on his ramp. Haha. I try to do that with all the toys I have. Gallimimus is the only Dino in the game that I don't have a figure for. It would also be cool to some how add a piece of amber with a mosquito in it on the pop bumper. They do sell paper weights of it but I'm not sure it would fit or be able to be mounted easily.

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from Nebz:

Sorry for bad photos

Aries_pinside installed a nice set of art blades from wiz mods (link below) that I might go for when I get my replacement cabinet. It would be cool if stern made one specific for the home pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/2#post-6654515

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Cool stuff. Definitely thought of added side art. I'm assuming you have to take the play field off to do so?

You don't have to take the playfield out entirely - I was able to just lift the playfield and apply the blades. It takes a bit of skill and finesse and would have been easier if I removed it entirely (would have taken more time, and I was nervous about the MDF playfield flexing).

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Aries_pinside installed a nice set of art blades from wiz mods (link below) that I might go for when I get my replacement cabinet. It would be cool if stern made one specific for the home pin.

Honestly these might as well be official. They match the art and colors perfectly. People who see my machine think the blades came from the factory.

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Honestly these might as well be official. They match the art and colors perfectly. People who see my machine think the blades came from the factory.

That’s why those are my preferred set. They match the art so well

#432 1 year ago

Has anyone had both Restore Power and Escape Nublar modes going at same time? Not sure how exactly I managed that. Had multi ball but was all lit up for restore.

#433 1 year ago

Someone on Facebook is selling the sw home pin and it looks like they added a real coin doin for cosmetic purposes. Looks pretty sweet. I wonder if you could just this is JDJP for pretty cheap.

signal-2022-07-03-12-46-11-704 (resized).jpgsignal-2022-07-03-12-46-11-704 (resized).jpg
#434 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Someone on Facebook is selling the sw home pin and it looks like they added a real coin doin for cosmetic purposes. Looks pretty sweet. I wonder if you could just this is JDJP for pretty cheap.
[quoted image]

It would be easy to do if you just want the look, but I like the door as it is with the JP decal.

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

[quoted image]

I decided to add a coin door to mine just because I’m OCD and wanted it to match my other machines. You can buy everything needed for around $60. I don’t have a coin mech installed. Adding the lights for the coin return buttons was a little work but still very easy.

187CD99A-4710-4569-A3CF-40FF7ACC83D9 (resized).jpeg187CD99A-4710-4569-A3CF-40FF7ACC83D9 (resized).jpegBDE4CB06-FC61-453A-B508-BED21A9580E7 (resized).jpegBDE4CB06-FC61-453A-B508-BED21A9580E7 (resized).jpeg
#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I decided to add a coin door to mine just because I’m OCD and wanted it to match my other machines. You can buy everything needed for around $60. I don’t have a coin mech installed. Adding the lights for the coin return buttons was a little work but still very easy.

thats nice work! I guess it probably is out of my skill level if it's difficult to wire the lights. Out of curiosity where did you get the door from? Everything I see has the coin mech attached and is like 200.
Thanks for sharing

#437 1 year ago

I kinda like the look of the JDJP door in my current line up. It helps set it apart and looks unique.
F1B0A88E-25D2-4554-8FD3-8E156FA58FBC (resized).jpegF1B0A88E-25D2-4554-8FD3-8E156FA58FBC (resized).jpeg

On a different note, something that feels very familiar is when you loop the right spinner orbit (Gallimimus) to the right ramp (Stegosaurus) feels so much like the Deadpool Ninjapocalypse combo that I think it should be called the Dinopocalypse combo. It’s so satisfying how fast and flowy it is when you nail it.

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

On a different note, something that feels very familiar is when you loop the right spinner orbit (Gallimimus) to the right ramp (Stegosaurus) feels so much like the Deadpool Ninjapocalypse combo that I think it should be called the Dinopocalypse combo. It’s so satisfying how fast and flowy it is when you nail it.

Oh I love that. Would be sweet if it gave a bonus. Also love hitting back to back to back gallimimus shots and get the ball really flying. Though the smart move is letting the ball dead flip into the raptor pen sometimes it's just too fun to let the ball rip.

I also have a question for you guys. When I press both flippers the light on the back box will flicker. I assumed this was normal until a friend of mine who has the sw home pin said his doesn't do that. Does your guys' JDJP do this too? If not any idea what I should do or look into? Or should I just ignore it. Thanks!

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I also have a question for you guys. When I press both flippers the light on the back box will flicker. I assumed this was normal until a friend of mine who has the sw home pin said his doesn't do that. Does your guys' JDJP do this too? If not any idea what I should do or look into? Or should I just ignore it. Thanks!

Mine definitely does the same thing; I always assumed it was a result of the power it has to draw to keep both flippers up.

#440 1 year ago

Don't own one but is there an option to dim the back box lights during game play. Might help with the flicker.

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

It's normal. It was talked about a bit in the other thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/13#post-6644017

Basically on the home pins, they don't have a power distribution board with some large capacitors that stop the lights from flickering. I dim my backbox lighting to 15% during play to reduce glare, but there is still some flicker when operating the flippers.

#442 1 year ago

The backbox flicker kinda reminds me of classic Bally/Sterns. They flicker too when you hit the flippers, especially with LEDs

#443 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It's normal. It was talked about a bit in the other thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/13#post-6644017
Basically on the home pins, they don't have a power distribution board with some large capacitors that stop the lights from flickering. I dim my backbox lighting to 15% during play to reduce glare, but there is still some flicker when operating the flippers.

Thanks!

#444 1 year ago

Thinking of "You know what would be awesome?" kind of ideas made me think about a rescue challenge mode, where you have to you have to rescue as many staff as possible before running out of gas. Basically:
- Flips use gas. You run out, flippers go dead. Could be extra hard if you make trapping slowly use gas too.
- Drains cost gas. Think about crashing and having to return for repairs. Could be extra hard with every drain reducing your maximum fuel you can carry.
- Collect up to 3 staff members then hit the raptor pit to drop them off and refuel. More staff = more fuel. 3 staff max feels right if the truck is a 4 seater.
- Staff positions are random, three at a time. Drops are disabled so you can use the targets to move them around.
- Your score is how many staff you can save and return to the raptor pit. Save as many as you can.
It would make for a cool Pinclash tournament

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Thinking of "You know what would be awesome?" kind of ideas made me think about a rescue challenge mode, where you have to you have to rescue as many staff as possible before running out of gas. Basically:
- Flips use gas. You run out, flippers go dead. Could be extra hard if you make trapping slowly use gas too.
- Drains cost gas. Think about crashing and having to return for repairs. Could be extra hard with every drain reducing your maximum fuel you can carry.
- Collect up to 3 staff members then hit the raptor pit to drop them off and refuel. More staff = more fuel. 3 staff max feels right if the truck is a 4 seater.
- Staff positions are random, three at a time. Drops are disabled so you can use the targets to move them around.
- Your score is how many staff you can save and return to the raptor pit. Save as many as you can.
It would make for a cool Pinclash tournament

Love it! I know Jack said it would be hard to convince them at stern to do another update. I would love it too if they added the spino vs trex jack mentioned on stream. Can't wait till we get insider connected. Jack hinted at it keeping track of how many goats you get which I think is pretty neat.
I did a pingolf tournament last weekend and came up with some hole ideas if anyone wants to see them I can paste it in here. The funnest one was trying to complete a jump on the left ramp with one hand.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I did a pingolf tournament last weekend and came up with some hole ideas if anyone wants to see them I can paste it in here. The funnest one was trying to complete a jump on the left ramp with one hand.

Very cool. It would be nice if there was a pin golf thread on here to collect 'hole' setups for a range of games.

#447 1 year ago

Stern... Deadflip... anyone who can help. Please extend the cabinet

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Wouldn't the star wars home have the same design as JP? I have the SW home pin and don't have any flicker whatsoever.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from AZTim:

Please extend the cabinet

Huh? Have you tried grabbing it and yelling extend?

3EDD5B33-E150-4D3E-B04F-0BAF7061342C.gif3EDD5B33-E150-4D3E-B04F-0BAF7061342C.gif
#449 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Huh? Have you tried grabbing it and yelling extend?[quoted image]

Does he mean extend production?

1 week later
#450 1 year ago

Anyone know what’s going on here? Whenever I let go of the right flipper button, it slowly goes back into place rather than snapping right back to the neutral down position. I got my machine back in November, and I’ve been playing it fairly regularly.

I guess I need a new coil? I’ve never had a flipper go out in my ten years of owning a machine (I know I’m blessed) so this is new territory for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.