(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Disabling the dropdown targets is something I did for the family over Christmas. The shot is hard enough to hit for a non-pinhead and the T-Rex is just too cool of a toy for the kids.
I have some thoughts on the difficulty. For context, my machine has a little over 1500 plays on it and I personally have not reached restore power mode yet. I'm no pinball veteran by any means, so reaching any wizard mode on any machine isn't too common for me in the first place. I think the difficulty is perfect for my tastes. Yes, it's hard. And yes, I do badly more often than I do good. But that makes the moments when I *do* do good that much more satisfying. This machine isn't something you go into thinking you're gonna show the game who's boss. It has a habit of reminding you very quickly just how easy it is to drain. I'd say about 3/5ths of the time my games end with me yelling "aw bullshit" and then immediately starting up another game, because I know I can get more rescues this time, or if only I had hit the extra ball shot, etc, etc.
This weekend I got to play Fliptronic 's JDJP for the first time at TPF out of curiosity - and noted a few differences. I think my game is definitely easier than theirs (although some of this could be due to the convention environment - hot coils from constant play, dulled/less waxed playfield, bad power/EM environment, whatever else). A few things I noticed about theirs - the slingshots were way less powerful/sensitive than mine. A slingshot on my machine fires on a hair trigger, and often is enough to send it blasting off a post and into the control target or the raptor pen. Theirs seemed to use more of the rubber's energy as opposed to the coil - and would prefer to go straight towards the other sling, with perfect momentum to drain straight into an outlane. Their raptor pen sensors were way less sensitive than mine too. I successfully performed the Dead Flip skillshot, only to have the ball bounce around in the raptor pen without hitting a sensor. That would never happen on mine. Any shot to the raptor pen is *guaranteed* to hit one switch at least, the weight of the pinball resting on the lower rubber without any momentum triggers the switch. This probably means raptor multiball is easier to obtain on my machine. My flippers are much stronger than theirs. This may be due to hot coils from their machine getting hours and hours of constant play this weekend, but I noticed backhanding either ramp isn't as automatic as it is on my machine - clean shots couldn't make it to the left ramp's opto. On my machine, even a 'dirty' shot to the right ramp usually has enough power to just muscle up there and make the turn. On my machine, strong shots into the drop targets actually send the ball airborne - usually slamming the underside of the wireform above it. I didn't notice this on theirs - and might mean T-Rex shots are easier on mine.
Anyways, I'd say play with things if you are finding the game too hard. See if your switches are sensitive or not. Play with the slingshot power. Disable the dropdown targets for a couple games. Try 5 ball games. Maybe even replace flipper rubbers, that can drastically change the way a pinball 'feels'.

This is a good suggestion. I haven't adjusted any of the menu settings since I haven't really known where to start.

#352 2 years ago

I just picked this up last week from a local seller. I have already added a second back box speaker and a subwoofer to the cabinet. It is a night and day difference in the sound and only spent about $15 total. I used the old 4 inch speaker plates and a speaker from my TMNT Pro since I had already upgraded it to 5.25 inch speakers. All I had to purchase was a stock Stern subwoofer from Pinball Life, which was only $11, and a molex plug. I also added my DIY Pin-stadium playfield and LED speakers lights.

C887F643-D97B-46FB-9CE0-ED688D90C4D9 (resized).jpegC887F643-D97B-46FB-9CE0-ED688D90C4D9 (resized).jpeg6B846852-C438-47C0-87BB-AE043F844104 (resized).jpeg6B846852-C438-47C0-87BB-AE043F844104 (resized).jpeg
#353 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I just picked this up last week from a local seller. I have already added a second back box speaker and a subwoofer to the cabinet. It is a night and day difference in the sound and only spent about $15 total. I used the old 4 inch speaker plates and a speaker from my TMNT Pro since I had already upgraded it to 5.25 inch speakers. All I had to purchase was a stock Stern subwoofer from Pinball Life, which was only $11, and a molex plug. I also added my DIY Pin-stadium playfield and LED speakers lights.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good!

The music and sound are great with a little help from a cabinet speaker. The gift in the last code update to enable the cabinet channel made such a difference. Love this pin.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

Great work. How difficult was mounting the second back speaker? Did you have to drill any holes or anything?

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Great work. How difficult was mounting the second back speaker? Did you have to drill any holes or anything?

I had to drill holes in the speaker mounting plates to match the mounting studs. They are designed to be mounted vertically but you have to mount them horizontally in this pin. I replaced both speaker plates because I already had them but you could just make one to match the one installed from the factory, using it as a template. It could either be made of wood, metal, or 3D printed. Once you do that the rest is very easy. Here is a picture of the factory speaker plate I removed.

321E7A54-BF5C-412A-9FE5-4EEBD8FC6295 (resized).jpeg321E7A54-BF5C-412A-9FE5-4EEBD8FC6295 (resized).jpeg
#356 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I had to drill holes in the speaker mounting plates to match the mounting studs. They are designed to be mounted vertically but you have to mount them horizontally in this pin. I replaced both speaker plates because I already had them but you could just make one to match the one installed from the factory, using it as a template. It could either be made of wood, metal, or 3D printed. Once you do that the rest is very easy. Here is a picture of the factory speaker plate I removed.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely add this to the list of things I want to do with my pin.

#357 2 years ago

been a while since i was on ps, so my ad had expired. just relisted it if anyone is interested in picking one of these up in TX

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

been a while since i was on ps, so my ad had expired. just relisted it if anyone is interested in picking one of these up in TX

I hope you have more luck than I have. I've been trying to sell mine for a month and I have had multiple people tell me they aren't interested because they believe a Home Edition isn't worth anything. I've lowered the price to what I think is a bargain and still I only get offers from people thinking it's worth less. One guy backed out of trading me his Sega Lost World because he believed the my pin wouldn't hold much value. It's been pretty frustrating trying to sell. Stern really screwed owners with their garbage home pins they made years ago. This JP and the Star Wars are obviously in a different league than the old line of Home Pins, but people still have a bad taste in their mouth from the name it seems.

#359 2 years ago

I guess it’s good that I have no intention of selling mine

#360 2 years ago

I won't be selling mine any time soon either. I wonder if stern plans on releasing more home versions. If they do one a yearish I bet the "home" stigma will disappear. My buddy has the sw home and he wants stern to release more homes cause he would consider buying another. Another part of the problem is that not many ppl have played it because it's not on location so they don't know how great it is.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I guess it’s good that I have no intention of selling mine

It kills me because the everyone treating these pins like they have leprosy is ridiculous. It's a solid pin. It's not built to location play standards but that doesn't mean it's a toy. And even if I don't enjoy mine enough to keep it, I know it's a well designed game that most people who play really like. But how do you sell something that pretty much no one can play unless they already own it? Not everyone is an eager early adopter like most of us on here were and were okay with skipping playing before paying. I can't move on to another pin till this one is sold so I am getting more and more frustrated as I see pins I know I like and in my price range pop up on the market and sell quickly.

Quoted from JordyRamone:

I won't be selling mine any time soon either. I wonder if stern plans on releasing more home versions. If they do one a yearish I bet the "home" stigma will disappear. My buddy has the sw home and he wants stern to release more homes cause he would consider buying another. Another part of the problem is that not many ppl have played it because it's not on location so they don't know how great it is.

I agree that the stigma is bound to clear up eventually. I am open to buying a different home pin in the future, but only if I have played it first next time. I hope I don't have to sit on this pin till that time comes though. And it was obviously popular enough to sell well because it's nearly impossible to find NIB now and Stern is doing another production run later this year. Knowing that, I would have to imagine that they will be doing more Home Editions in the future.

#362 2 years ago

Datsun_Z out of curiosity what's your highest score? I'm a novice but I have played this pin a ton. I definitely feel like I'm better now. My highest is 10 mil. I suck pretty hard at escape nublar and basically any multiball. This pin humbles me a bunch still. But if I play for 30 mins I can usually get in the 6 mil range. Are you able to complete a lane or two? I usually feel like I had a good round when I complete two and get the extra ball. I love the extra ball shot. Imo the most satisfying shot in the game since you have to hit the top of the raptor pen. I had a friend over who is more of a flow player and I could see how it was more difficult. The game can go pretty fast.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Datsun_Z out of curiosity what's your highest score? I'm a novice but I have played this pin a ton. I definitely feel like I'm better now. My highest is 10 mil. I suck pretty hard at escape nublar and basically any multiball. This pin humbles me a bunch still. But if I play for 30 mins I can usually get in the 6 mil range. Are you able to complete a lane or two? I usually feel like I had a good round when I complete two and get the extra ball. I love the extra ball shot. Imo the most satisfying shot in the game since you have to hit the top of the raptor pen. I had a friend over who is more of a flow player and I could see how it was more difficult. The game can go pretty fast.

The highest I ever get is about 4.6 million. I've reached that a few times, but my average game typically is a one million or right under. If I'm lucky I'll complete one lane. The amount of times you have to hit a lane to complete it infuriates me. I'll nail a ramp over and over and over and glance at the screen and I'm only halfway to completion. I have never actually gotten the extra ball either. I've only lit it once, maybe twice even. And the multiball is just more balls to to drain quickly from my experience with this pin. And I only ever get the raptor. The trex multiball may as well not exist for me. And I would guess I would be considered a flow player? I just know that I cannot hit all these backhand shots that I see everyone say is so easy on this machine. And no matter how much I work to dial in my shots, all this pin gives me is bricks. Whatever it is in the geometry that makes a pin work for Jack Danger is exactly what makes a pin not work for me.

I just played out two days ago and set new records for myself on Deadpool and won multiple free games and put my initials in the machine three times. So as much as I know it sounds like I must just suck, I know that's not the case.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I hope you have more luck than I have. I've been trying to sell mine for a month and I have had multiple people tell me they aren't interested because they believe a Home Edition isn't worth anything. I've lowered the price to what I think is a bargain and still I only get offers from people thinking it's worth less. One guy backed out of trading me his Sega Lost World because he believed the my pin wouldn't hold much value. It's been pretty frustrating trying to sell. Stern really screwed owners with their garbage home pins they made years ago. This JP and the Star Wars are obviously in a different league than the old line of Home Pins, but people still have a bad taste in their mouth from the name it seems.

Your price is a bargain and I would be interested if it was at all in driving distance. Good luck on the sale, someone will jump at that price eventually.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I just know that I cannot hit all these backhand shots that I see everyone say is so easy on this machine. And no matter how much I work to dial in my shots, all this pin gives me is bricks.

Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I'm lucky I'll complete one lane. The amount of times you have to hit a lane to complete it infuriates me. I'll nail a ramp over and over and over and glance at the screen and I'm only halfway to completion.

Without seeing your gameplay on video, it definitely sounds like you have some accuracy issues, and you are going to struggle with a number of modern games if you find making repeated shots infuriating. I would guess you might not trap up often between shots and rather play on the fly, which makes this game more difficult. Watch Bowen Kerins play a few games and how slow and methodical he plays for some pointers. This game only has a 5 second hurry up on the newton ball shot, so there is no need to play for speed. Lastly how are your nudging skills?

Try some of the abeflips videos for some good pointers and practice drills.

Quoted from Datsun_Z:

I just played out two days ago and set new records for myself on Deadpool and won multiple free games and put my initials in the machine three times. So as much as I know it sounds like I must just suck, I know that's not the case.

Do you remember what your scores were? How many of the battles did you start and how many did you complete?

On location games are often set to reset the high score to date every so many plays, and replay levels are determined by previous games. If you have a location that doesn’t draw talented players, the stock high scores are such that a novice player should be able to achieve them. A pretty pedestrian score on Deadpool for someone who plays regularly is around 100 million. The default settings for the game have replay starting at 20 mil with a grand champion score of 75 million. If your location has regular ifpa league play, the high scores will likely start in the 500 mil range for Deadpool and go to over 1 billion for Grand Champ.

See here for reference; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/9bps34/second_time_playing_deadpool_must_have_been/

I say all that to underscore a high score on location on another machine isn’t a good comparison to determine it’s not a skills and ability issue. A score of around 900k on the Jurassic Park home pin is on par with casual game play.

I think if you can find some patience and reduce your level of frustration, you’ll improve with time and practice. Consider setting up your phone and recording a couple of your games. It will allow you to better see what is going right and wrong with your play. You can also share it on here and get some pointers on how to improve.

I’m sorry you are regretting picking up this game, as that seems to be the theme of all your posts, but I really think it would happen with any game you brought home as you learn more of the modes that are available and struggle to try to get to them. Consider renting a game for a month before purchasing to give yourself a chance to get acquainted with the rules and shots to see if it is still fun after the newness of the first few games wears off.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Without seeing your gameplay on video, it definitely sounds like you have some accuracy issues, and you are going to struggle with a number of modern games if you find making repeated shots infuriating. I would guess you might not trap up often between shots and rather play on the fly, which makes this game more difficult. Watch Bowen Kerins play a few games and how slow and methodical he plays for some pointers. This game only has a 5 second hurry up on the newton ball shot, so there is no need to play for speed. Lastly how are your nudging skills?
Try some of the abeflips videos for some good pointers and practice drills.

Do you remember what your scores were? How many of the battles did you start and how many did you complete?
On location games are often set to reset the high score to date every so many plays, and replay levels are determined by previous games. If you have a location that doesn’t draw talented players, the stock high scores are such that a novice player should be able to achieve them. A pretty pedestrian score on Deadpool for someone who plays regularly is around 100 million. The default settings for the game have replay starting at 20 mil with a grand champion score of 75 million. If your location has regular ifpa league play, the high scores will likely start in the 500 mil range for Deadpool and go to over 1 billion for Grand Champ.
See here for reference; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/9bps34/second_time_playing_deadpool_must_have_been/
I say all that to underscore a high score on location on another machine isn’t a good comparison to determine it’s not a skills and ability issue. A score of around 900k on the Jurassic Park home pin is on par with casual game play.
I think if you can find some patience and reduce your level of frustration, you’ll improve with time and practice. Consider setting up your phone and recording a couple of your games. It will allow you to better see what is going right and wrong with your play. You can also share it on here and get some pointers on how to improve.
I’m sorry you are regretting picking up this game, as that seems to be the theme of all your posts, but I really think it would happen with any game you brought home as you learn more of the modes that are available and struggle to try to get to them. Consider renting a game for a month before purchasing to give yourself a chance to get acquainted with the rules and shots to see if it is still fun after the newness of the first few games wears off.

Okay man. I know I'm not the only person who hasn't enjoyed a pin or found one particularly frustrating to the point of not enjoying it. I think I'll just stick to the rule I should have followed to begin with and never buy a pin I haven't spent a good amount of time with before hand after this.

#367 2 years ago

One technique I use in this game, which can reduce the repetitive nature of completing the paddocks, is to try and aim only for the lit rescues. This adds some variety and challenge, and making it to Restore Power is worth the effort. I'll also find myself completing paddocks without consciously trying to.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

One technique I use in this game, which can reduce the repetitive nature of completing the paddocks, is to try and aim only for the lit rescues. This adds some variety and challenge, and making it to Restore Power is worth the effort. I'll also find myself completing paddocks without consciously trying to.

That’s a fun approach. Lighting chaos each ball by running through the shots is another fun way to build up scores by getting the bonus multiplier up. Hitting the orbits to light the upper lanes for double scoring before multi ball might be a good plan too (does that stack?)

Getting the tracks lit isn’t something I’m terribly successful at yet. Probably not a bad thing for me to practice schatzing the in lanes when I’m playing around.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Finally got some time to install new speakers and try out the "upside down" star post LED idea. They turned out real good!
I want two more - the post next to the newton ball and the post above the control target almost perfectly flank the Escape Nublar postcard and might look good, and would probably let you see the chaotic newton ball shots better. I also need a trough light (I'm working on wiring it such that it turns from white to red along with the GI during raptor multiball/escape nublar), and then I think everything will be balanced perfect.
I got these: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_SP . I went with red and warm white and the colors matched perfectly. I wish they were a bit brighter or had a wider 'focus', but am otherwise super happy.
With the lights off the raptor and nightvision goggles get lit up (white from above red from below):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Raptor multiball is extra epic. I can't wait to see what nublar/restore power looks like:
[quoted image]

Man, that rivals the RED Mode in T3. Well done! Also, thanks for the idea about the Jeep and the side rails. Really makes the game pop even more.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to tie in to the main GI? I would like to hook up the Jeep with LEDs in the headlights.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Man, that rivals the RED Mode in T3. Well done! Also, thanks for the idea about the Jeep and the side rails. Really makes the game pop even more.
Does anyone have any advice as to how to tie in to the main GI? I would like to hook up the Jeep with LEDs in the headlights.

I soldered the LEDs to the nearest same-color GI bulb. Effectively these LEDs are wired in parallel with whatever GI bulb they tapped into. The wires run through the playfield at the nearest switch/bulb hole. I didn't use any extra solder, I just shoved aside the heat shrink and dipped into the already existing solder and connected the wire. (okay that's a lie, I messed up more than once and had to re-solder. A more skilled hand than mine wouldn't need to add extra solder). Just keep in mind that the white GI sockets turn off in various modes, and I don't believe the red turns off for any reason other than restore power. EDIT: forgot super jackpot shots turn everything but the T-Rex off!

#371 2 years ago

Woah. Made it to escape nublar again and this time I did enough shots to light super jackpot. Couldn't get it in the trexs mouth. Haha. It never said how much that jackpot would have been but I imagine it would have been big. I wonder if I hit that shot if I would have escaped. So close. Love this pin.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Woah. Made it to escape nublar again and this time I did enough shots to light super jackpot. Couldn't get it in the trexs mouth. Haha. It never said how much that jackpot would have been but I imagine it would have been big. I wonder if I hit that shot if I would have escaped. So close. Love this pin.

So I worked evenings and throughout the night I kept thinking about how I almost got that super jackpot. So after work I went home, poured a couple beers and played. Well, I just got the escape nublar again and this time I made damn sure I didn't miss the super and I guess sorta beat the game. That was incredible. I set a new record for myself of 13.8 mil. Maybe I should try for restore power now tho I think that's more difficult to get.

16488761452248082088298533400196 (resized).jpg16488761452248082088298533400196 (resized).jpg
#373 2 years ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

So I worked evenings and throughout the night I kept thinking about how I almost got that super jackpot. So after work I went home, poured a couple beers and played. Well, I just got the escape nublar again and this time I made damn sure I didn't miss the super and I guess sorta beat the game. That was incredible. I set a new record for myself of 13.8 mil. Maybe I should try for restore power now tho I think that's more difficult to get. [quoted image]

Yeah buddy!

#374 2 years ago

Created a quick quality of life mod to make the bolt into a thumb screw for securing the playfield. 20 minute print.

I uploaded the STL to thingiverse, but they hold them for 24 hours when you are a new user.

07BD2ED2-750A-47A2-9B80-1DAC8F691271 (resized).jpeg07BD2ED2-750A-47A2-9B80-1DAC8F691271 (resized).jpegE9BFA8E5-E728-4594-B103-CA88ACE680D8 (resized).jpegE9BFA8E5-E728-4594-B103-CA88ACE680D8 (resized).jpeg

Added over 2 years ago:

Link to Thingiverse STL file

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5341342

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Created a quick quality of life mod to make the bolt into a thumb screw for securing the playfield. 20 minute print.
I uploaded the STL to makerbot, but they hold them for 24 hours when you are a new user.

Cool. I'll have to get my buddy to print me one.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Created a quick quality of life mod

I uploaded the STL to makerbot, but they hold them for 24 hours when you are a new user.

Great Idea. I will definitely print it and try it out. Are you going to upload it to Thingiverse?

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

Great Idea. I will definitely print it and try it out. Are you going to upload it to Thingiverse?

I'll post the thingiverse link when it's available. They make you wait 24 hours after you make an account

Added over 2 years ago:

Link added above to original post

#378 2 years ago

Made a speaker adapter to fit an 8” sub to the existing bolts
Will make the STL available if anyone wants it to 3D print their own

AD137B98-9A10-4922-B398-ACC75003FA2A (resized).jpegAD137B98-9A10-4922-B398-ACC75003FA2A (resized).jpegF7DBE721-6E8B-47A1-8666-4D07A340547A (resized).jpegF7DBE721-6E8B-47A1-8666-4D07A340547A (resized).jpeg
#379 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Made a speaker adapter to fit an 8” sub to the existing bolts
Will make the STL available if anyone wants it to 3D print their own

Very cool. While my cabinet speaker mounts to the existing studs, I might look into adding this as a spacer to be able to leave the grill in place when I get my replacement cabinet in Q3 during the next run.

#380 2 years ago

Hi guys,
So I've been adding dino toys to the pin and figure i would share incase someone wanted to add some. I try to place them close to their shot in the game. I wasn't sure i would be a huge fan of adding toys to the pin but me and my son where messing around and we put some of his toys in it. i then decided to go for it. The ankylo is a papo figure. More on the expensive side but it does look pretty bad ass and fits well. the stego, spino, pteranodon, and brachio are takara tomy figs. Less detailed but you can move some of their parts. The brachio is big enough to peak over the ramp. i want to figure a way to have the pteranodon suspended in the air. there is a screw that might work with a metal wire and some string. the raptor is just a small one my son had. i think it would be cool to get a few of them and put them on the pen but they are kinda hard to track down. i might just end up getting a papo raptor instead. i have also seen these amber mosquito paper weights that might be cool on the bumper with the amber. might have a cool glowing look. i also bought the big t rex and spino papo that im looking to making into a topper. i still want to add a spitting dilophosaurus and maybe a gallimimus tho i have not found any that would fit right.

Also, does anyone have problems with the gallimimus registering a hit if the ball is going fast? i tried a couple times to bend the wire a bit more but it doesnt seem to have fixed the issue. maybe the ball goes too fast and goes air born there?

20220405_120812 (resized).jpg20220405_120812 (resized).jpg20220405_120822 (resized).jpg20220405_120822 (resized).jpg20220405_120839 (resized).jpg20220405_120839 (resized).jpg20220405_120854 (resized).jpg20220405_120854 (resized).jpg20220405_120918 (resized).jpg20220405_120918 (resized).jpg
#381 2 years ago

Very nice. I think even just the one raptor looks great.

#382 2 years ago

I bit on adding one of the inexpensive Sega Lost World toppers when I placed a Pinballlife order. I printed out a quick set of feet and plopped it on top of the game. It’s not bad even if it is for the wrong machine.

8E225DFD-BA4F-4A46-AE78-93ADF9F9FFF4 (resized).jpeg8E225DFD-BA4F-4A46-AE78-93ADF9F9FFF4 (resized).jpeg9691DFE6-0271-4912-8BB1-0440A7C5F60C (resized).jpeg9691DFE6-0271-4912-8BB1-0440A7C5F60C (resized).jpegAFF765E3-D2E6-4717-AD8C-4E781DF93117 (resized).jpegAFF765E3-D2E6-4717-AD8C-4E781DF93117 (resized).jpegE946D7CF-CDBA-49E4-8304-E0E0BEFFBAAD (resized).jpegE946D7CF-CDBA-49E4-8304-E0E0BEFFBAAD (resized).jpeg
#383 2 years ago

I had been looking to add a topper myself and got lucky and found a local seller with a Jurassic Park Tilt Topper and picked it up a couple days ago.

81EDE92D-0138-47CE-BFAC-60B7CED78EEB (resized).jpeg81EDE92D-0138-47CE-BFAC-60B7CED78EEB (resized).jpeg
#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I had been looking to add a topper myself and got lucky and found a local seller with a Jurassic Park Tilt Topper and picked it up a couple days ago.
[quoted image]

Nice! (Stated in the benheck voice)

#385 2 years ago

Added a original topper to my game, it was plug and play and after plugging it in it was automatic updating the node boards , lights work same as on the playfield. I still have to update to the latest code tho to see if we get more options
45D14E24-1119-4C7B-9C6E-76B9A21058AA (resized).jpeg45D14E24-1119-4C7B-9C6E-76B9A21058AA (resized).jpegA6091655-5F81-47C1-9CBB-3376BB13BFC9 (resized).jpegA6091655-5F81-47C1-9CBB-3376BB13BFC9 (resized).jpegB3B18F39-30B9-42F8-B44E-ABF2EB4D5855 (resized).jpegB3B18F39-30B9-42F8-B44E-ABF2EB4D5855 (resized).jpegFC9A9931-21BB-4D65-89F5-A230709B894A (resized).jpegFC9A9931-21BB-4D65-89F5-A230709B894A (resized).jpeg

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Added a original topper to my game, it was plug and play and after plugging it in it was automatic updating the node boards , lights work same as on the playfield. I still have to update to the latest code tho to see if we get more options
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man. I would love to see a video of it in action once you update everything.

#387 2 years ago

New to being an owner of an actual pinball machine and need some help with an issue with the drop targets. I disabled them when family came over to allow for a few more T. rex multi Ball situations. Now after going into service menu and reactivating the drop targets they will not pop up. They do not pop up on restart or after hitting ball in. The rest of the functions work as far as getting the multiball and the jackpots for restore power and escape nublar. They did. Start working during a game but did not continue. Any help for this newbie is greatly appreciated.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Dviking:

New to being an owner of an actual pinball machine and need some help with an issue with the drop targets. I disabled them when family came over to allow for a few more T. rex multi Ball situations. Now after going into service menu and reactivating the drop targets they will not pop up. They do not pop up on restart or after hitting ball in. The rest of the functions work as far as getting the multiball and the jackpots for restore power and escape nublar. They did. Start working during a game but did not continue. Any help for this newbie is greatly appreciated.

I would start by lifting the playfield and looking for loose connections if it is intermittent.

If you think it is a setting gone wrong you could always do a factory reset.

#389 2 years ago

Have 1070 plays in the JDJP. Noticed the receiving end of the jump ramp sagging. So here was the issue and the fix. Just copy and paste the fix.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Cellprocessing:

Have 1070 plays in the JDJP. Noticed the receiving end of the jump ramp sagging. So here was the issue and the fix. Just copy and paste the fix.

Nice! Thanks for sharing

1 week later
#391 1 year ago

I picked up my JDJP earlier this week and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Super happy to have it in the lineup. I am, however, losing a TON of balls out of the left wire form. If you hit the right ramp with much speed at all it will just come flying out of the wire form and into the left outlane. It's happening once or twice a game. I know that I've got it appropriately leveled and I'm at the right pitch. Are you all just bending the wire forms a little bit to offset this issue, or has anyone found another solution?

IMG_0601 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_0601 - Copy (resized).jpg
#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Wiggidy:

I picked up my JDJP earlier this week and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Super happy to have it in the lineup. I am, however, losing a TON of balls out of the left wire form. If you hit the right ramp with much speed at all it will just come flying out of the wire form and into the left outlane. It's happening once or twice a game. I know that I've got it appropriately leveled and I'm at the right pitch. Are you all just bending the wire forms a little bit to offset this issue, or has anyone found another solution?
[quoted image]

You got it. The fix is to slightly bend the wire form to tilt in to keep the ball from flying out.

It's amazing how the ball comes around that 180 ramp with so much speed. Love it

#393 1 year ago

Does anyone know if people are working on alternative movie audio/video for JDJP like we have for the Pro/Prem?

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Manderko1:

Does anyone know if people are working on alternative movie audio/video for JDJP like we have for the Pro/Prem?

I haven't seen anything out there yet. I actually kinda like the existing set up so I haven't been motivated to look.

#395 1 year ago

Tilt Amusements had one on the floor at MGC and deactivated the drops To make TREX multi easier to get for random folks walking by.
That allowed this to happen.

A8425764-765B-43E5-9A89-D7E314231FCA (resized).jpegA8425764-765B-43E5-9A89-D7E314231FCA (resized).jpeg
#396 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tilt Amusements had one on the floor at MGC and deactivated the drops To make TREX multi easier to get for random folks walking by.
That allowed this to happen.
[quoted image]

DAAAAAYYMN. Now that's a high score.

#397 1 year ago

Dang that's too easy. I'd just be happy with the drops not resetting every time I drain a ball. Then again I'm still running old code so maybe that got resolved?

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Dang that's too easy. I'd just be happy with the drops not resetting every time I drain a ball. Then again I'm still running old code so maybe that got resolved?

I'm pretty sure they still reset between balls in the new code.

Speaking of drop resets - I kinda like the delay on the reset after you lock in the T-Rex. I's a fun challenge after it releases the ball to try to fire it back in before it resets the drops targets and lock a second ball in a row. It would make a cool IC achievement. Hope there is one called "Clever Girl" at some point.

Speaking of multiball, it's too bad there isn't a ball save timer setting that can be set for either Raptor or Trex multiball.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I'm pretty sure they still reset between balls in the new code.
Speaking of drop resets - I kinda like the delay on the reset after you lock in the T-Rex. I's a fun challenge after it releases the ball to try to fire it back in before it resets the drops targets and lock a second ball in a row. It would make a cool IC achievement. Hope there is one called "Clever Girl" at some point.
Speaking of multiball, it's too bad there isn't a ball save timer setting that can be set for either Raptor or Trex multiball.

Ya. I like to try to time it just right to get back into the trex. Challenging but fun when it happens. One thing I think I would like to see is the ball save on the multiballs to last a little longer too. The highest I've gotten with trex is 500k but I still pretty terrible at multiball.

#400 1 year ago

Any advice on how to stop balls from jamming and not kicking out during raptor multiball? I clear the trough and then after a couple times something happens and during raptor multiball the balls don’t shoot out. It dry fires. Seems fine during trex multiball. I have turned down the power since it was shooting balls out and then they fell back in. Everything seems fine except during raptor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.