(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,145 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.
#1001 5 months ago
Quoted from DavidD:

Got our first PIN this past Tuesday..... been playing everyday since!

Congrats! It's a great first pin. You'll love it (although add the extra speakers and some spot lights asap).

It always begins with one...

#1002 5 months ago

bigguybbr

Yup, thank you for posting your mods, which I read, re-read, and read again last week. Order was placed!
I'll have to look into the spotlights option... thanks again for contributing to the forum.

Pinball Life (resized).pngPinball Life (resized).png
#1003 5 months ago
Quoted from DavidD:

bigguybbr
Yup, thank you for posting your mods, which I read, re-read, and read again last week. Order was placed!
I'll have to look into the spotlights option... thanks again for contributing to the forum.[quoted image]

The spots are really easy since they use Comet Pinball's matrix connectors
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?variant=12493662945324

Here's how I connected mine up
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/4#post-6747809

#1004 5 months ago

bigguybbr

That's a cool kit! Thanks for including the link to comet; another parts vendor that I'll add to my list.

It's amazing what you can do to these machines! Right now I feel like I need to build up my play skills..... Best score so far has been a 3.5M.... watching JD's videos on repeat to learn technique....that guy's a master of live catches!

Speaking of playing..... does anyone know what the smart missile does? Or, when the screen says your paddock has been upgraded, what does that mean?

And, thanks to JordyRamone for DM'ing me the link to the side art. That's on order, too.

For others interested.... https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/jurassic-park-sunset-pinball-wizblades

Happy pinning, everyone!

#1005 5 months ago
Quoted from DavidD:

bigguybbr
That's a cool kit! Thanks for including the link to comet; another parts vendor that I'll add to my list.
It's amazing what you can do to these machines! Right now I feel like I need to build up my play skills..... Best score so far has been a 3.5M.... watching JD's videos on repeat to learn technique....that guy's a master of live catches!
Speaking of playing..... does anyone know what the smart missile does? Or, when the screen says your paddock has been upgraded, what does that mean?
And, thanks to JordyRamone for DM'ing me the link to the side art. That's on order, too.
For others interested.... https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/jurassic-park-sunset-pinball-wizblades
Happy pinning, everyone!

The Smart Missile does a few things.
- If you do not have any paddocks lit, hitting the smart missile 5 times will light one for you (I like normal plunging instead of going for a skill shot specifically for this reason - sometimes you can open a paddock before the ball has had a chance to even come to the flippers!)
- Hitting it 5 times with a paddock open gives you a bonus - "Paddocks Upgraded" means the value of hitting all paddock shots has increased. This bonus is actually kinda significant and easy to rack up. The wizard modes are reached by shooting paddock shots, so might as well make them worth a ton of points.
- Snikting the ball into the Amber target, either by hitting the Smart Missile -or- Control Room, gives you a Supply Drop (a 'random' reward that increases based on your Amber bonus)

<tinfoil hat time>
I think there's something with the Smart Missile that we haven't learned yet. The "Missile Away" sound effect plays when launching the smart missile, and you might get a "Hit" or a "Miss" sound effect depending on what you hit next. It's a crazy conspiracy theory, but I don't think the "Hit" or "Miss" sound effect is random - it may have significance and may unlock a secret mode.
<tinfoil hat off>

#1006 5 months ago

Hi all, I got the Topper for the home pin but it doesn’t seen to carry over the characters from game to game.

Does anybody knows what are the rules for the topper in the home pin? So far I have seen that it lights characters on Skillshots and Evacuations

#1007 5 months ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

The Smart Missile does a few things.
- If you do not have any paddocks lit, hitting the smart missile 5 times will light one for you (I like normal plunging instead of going for a skill shot specifically for this reason - sometimes you can open a paddock before the ball has had a chance to even come to the flippers!)
- Hitting it 5 times with a paddock open gives you a bonus - "Paddocks Upgraded" means the value of hitting all paddock shots has increased. This bonus is actually kinda significant and easy to rack up. The wizard modes are reached by shooting paddock shots, so might as well make them worth a ton of points.
- Snikting the ball into the Amber target, either by hitting the Smart Missile -or- Control Room, gives you a Supply Drop (a 'random' reward that increases based on your Amber bonus)
<tinfoil hat time>
I think there's something with the Smart Missile that we haven't learned yet. The "Missile Away" sound effect plays when launching the smart missile, and you might get a "Hit" or a "Miss" sound effect depending on what you hit next. It's a crazy conspiracy theory, but I don't think the "Hit" or "Miss" sound effect is random - it may have significance and may unlock a secret mode.
<tinfoil hat off>

Wow, we gotta look into your theory. I never noticed that

#1008 5 months ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

Hi all, I got the Topper for the home pin but it doesn’t seen to carry over the characters from game to game.
Does anybody knows what are the rules for the topper in the home pin? So far I have seen that it lights characters on Skillshots and Evacuations

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Okay, FYI, a letter gets lit...
1) every fifth chaos letter (every goat drop)
2) every dinosaur rescued (including spinosaurus)
3) for Trex multiball super jackpot
4) for raptor multiball super jackpot

#1009 5 months ago

Also worth noting that my list is NOT comprehensive... I've found myself getting occasional unexpected letters and I still haven't figured out why.

I think there's one tied to worker rescues early on, but I haven't figured out quite why or how.

#1010 5 months ago

New GC score tonight and finally got on the board with a wiz mode high score. Got to both wizard modes in this game. I had the best score I've ever had on restore power at over 7 mil but still millions short of that board. Will be fun to chase that remaining score off my machine. My escape nublar score was awesome. I got perfect in hitting all the correct blinking shots. Unfortunately I only had one ball at the end of it so it didn't multiply the super jackpot. I still love this pin. Truly a amazing game.

signal-2023-11-24-23-28-50-427 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-11-24-23-28-50-427 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-11-24-23-29-17-540 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-11-24-23-29-17-540 (resized).jpg
#1011 5 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Okay, FYI, a letter gets lit...

Thanks!

The letter does not carry over between games as advertised. Is that a feature only for the PRO/LE models?

#1012 5 months ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

Thanks!
The letter does not carry over between games as advertised. Is that a feature only for the PRO/LE models?

I'm guessing it must be!

It's a slog to get through the letters in one game, but it makes for a fun goal, for sure. Helps hone ball control. (Finally made it on five ball, but three ball is still a ways off for me)

#1013 5 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm guessing it must be!
It's a slog to get through the letters in one game, but it makes for a fun goal, for sure. Helps hone ball control. (Finally made it on five ball, but three ball is still a ways off for me)

I think getting all the letters makes escape nublar crazy for points

#1014 5 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Also worth noting that my list is NOT comprehensive... I've found myself getting occasional unexpected letters and I still haven't figured out why.
I think there's one tied to worker rescues early on, but I haven't figured out quite why or how.

Death Flip Skillshot also provides one letter.

#1015 5 months ago

5) for the death flip/dead bounce skillshot

(Thx korgakoth !)

#1016 5 months ago

Here's the parts list for the topper I built:

Housing: I got this from eBay in the UK. These were taken from gambling machines and have 12v LEDs in them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304801532949

s-l1600 (resized).pngs-l1600 (resized).png

PXL_20231117_172242762 - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20231117_172242762 - Copy (resized).jpg

They look to be sold out at the moment, but the seller has been listing them for a long time so may have more. Seller's link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/nitromos

13.3" Monitor: again, from eBay and the listing is now gone. It was advertised as a CCTV monitor, but I decased it and it fits nicely. I'd guess any 13.3" LCD should fit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

LVDS to HDMI Board (this allows you to connect the topper monitor and use the original DMD monitor simultaneously. Get the v2 with cable):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855989953.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.25.1c331802TUeJtq

Instructions here:

https://buffalopinball.com/twitch/direct-capture-video-stern-pinball-machines-twitch-streaming/

HDMI Signal Amplifier (to boost the signal to the topper monitor, or else it can go blank at times):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076PB728Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Decal: I ordered it from Olly at Arcadeartshop.

https://www.arcadeartshop.com/

HDMI cables: best to use high quality and short to maintain the signal. The hole at the top of the back box is perfect for routing the cables, and the topper housing has a slot at the back for cables. Attach the LEDs in the topper to 12v and it'll light up nicely.

PXL_20231023_164908008 (1) - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_164908008 (1) - Copy (resized).jpg

PXL_20231023_165853784 (1) - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_165853784 (1) - Copy (resized).jpg

PXL_20231023_165858836 - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_165858836 - Copy (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1017 4 months ago

Helping my neighbor with his JP pin. He’s contacted stern and got some tips but looking for some more help.

Usually the game boots and the lights (all) flash 3+ times and make a small click. Usually it would make all sorts of weird power issues. But if we unplug CN15 (GI) on the node board the issue is gone.

We pulled all bulbs for gi and it clicks the lights 3-4 times then is ready, but in test, all lights it did the click 1st try but I exited and went back and then it pulsed the LEDs normal….

I was trying to ohm each bulb socket but I’m not getting a reading the way they suggested… I kind of suspect the sockets under the right flipper but curious if anyone else has had this issue. When it happens all LEDs just flash and it clicks over and over

#1018 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Helping my neighbor with his JP pin. He’s contacted stern and got some tips but looking for some more help.
Usually the game boots and the lights (all) flash 3+ times and make a small click. Usually it would make all sorts of weird power issues. But if we unplug CN15 (GI) on the node board the issue is gone.
We pulled all bulbs for gi and it clicks the lights 3-4 times then is ready, but in test, all lights it did the click 1st try but I exited and went back and then it pulsed the LEDs normal….
I was trying to ohm each bulb socket but I’m not getting a reading the way they suggested… I kind of suspect the sockets under the right flipper but curious if anyone else has had this issue. When it happens all LEDs just flash and it clicks over and over

Found cn14 and cn15 causes the issue. Also he has a star wars pin and we moved node8 over and it fixed the issue. So bad node 8

#1019 4 months ago

Here's a video where gonzos buddy Spencer says he would rather have JDJP over the Elwin JP

#1020 4 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Here's a video where gonzos buddy Spencer says he would rather have JDJP over the Elwin JP

I'm in this club. I don't enjoy the Elwin JP, I'm afraid...

#1021 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This is the flash. While this is in lamp test all, this was the similar noise and flash on boot that would happen 3-8 times before it actually booted.

EDIT: Man I suck at updates, so Stern is sending a new node board 8, but who knows when that will show up. However playing with cn14 and cn15 unplug "works" it keeps getting worse on the flashing when booting up.

#1022 4 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

you have a timestamp for that discussion?

#1023 4 months ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

you have a timestamp for that discussion?

Dang, I thought I had that on the right part. It starts around 40:30

#1024 4 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Dang, I thought I had that on the right part. It starts around 40:30

They also share my distaste for Iron Maiden. Love the band, but have never enjoyed that pin, even though so many people think it’s the best music pin out there.

#1025 4 months ago

Happy Holidays, Everyone,

I've got a few speaker / wiring questions.

First, I installed a cabinet speaker but am getting a crackling sound. The sound is most pronounced when I drain and it tallies all the bonus points. It's most crackly at the last bonus point screen. I took the translite off and noted that my negative .156 crimp connect was not fully inserted into the 2-port molex. I pressed it in firmly and while that reduced the crackly sound, it didn't cure it altogether. I confirmed that the positive .156 crimp is fully inserted. Though, I am using 16 gauge speaker wire, which is not within specs of the .156 crimp. See link below. The smallest wire recommended for the crimp is 18. As such, the insulated part of the wire does not sit cleanly in the crimp. I also redid the spade connectors on the speaker itself since having a purchased a legit crimping tool for spade connectors. And, lastly, I replaced the 8" cabinet speaker. Boy, they say DIY'ing is part of pinball life.... as this is my first pin, I'm beginning to believe it. Any suggestions?

I noticed that there are two types of .156 crimps.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=81
One has a sled-like appearance while the other is more jagged; called a Trifurcon. I'm using the Trifurcon crimps. Am I using the correct one? And, do either type of crimps work with the white molex connector?

Second question.... my original cabinet speaker was 4ohms. But, when I went through the utilities menu and switched it from 8 to 4, the volume of that speaker decreased significantly. As such, I purchased an 8ohms speaker. See link below. It now sounds loud, having gone back into settings and changed it from 4 to 8ohms; expect from the crackling. Was thinking, if I wanted to upgrade the backbox speakers, which are 8ohms from the factory, should I stick with 8ohms, though I'm seeing a lot of fellow pinsiders using 4ohms speakers? And, are you guys who are going with 4ohm speakers changing the setting in utilities to 4ohms?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CG38J8

Thanks again, everyone, for your help! Loving the JP pin.... I've got miles to go before I master it. Also, as a fun question, which Danger pin do you think is more challenging, JP or Foo Fighters?

.156 Trifurcon (resized).png.156 Trifurcon (resized).png.156 sled image (resized).png.156 sled image (resized).png
#1026 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This is the flash. While this is in lamp test all, this was the similar noise and flash on boot that would happen 3-8 times before it actually booted.

EDIT: Man I suck at updates, so Stern is sending a new node board 8, but who knows when that will show up. However playing with cn14 and cn15 unplug "works" it keeps getting worse on the flashing when booting up.

OK, update.

Yates at stern said the game shouldn't work with cn14 unplugged, as that has the trough switches.... not sure. But new node board 8 came and that fixed the game, then a few plays in the right flipper stopped working fully. I walked him through looking at it and the coil sleeve was stuck inside the coil. Coil had a browning on the wrapper. The flipper plunger would only go 1/3 in before it got stuck. Once he removed the coil it seemed like there was metal shavings inside. But the coil stop was not fully broken yet. I sent him with the tool, coil stop and sleeve. he got the old sleeve one out but new one wont fit. Having him try to warranty the flipper coil. EOS looks good.
IMG_3431 (resized).jpgIMG_3431 (resized).jpg

#1027 4 months ago

Does anyone have the movie clips for download on Sd card . I have owned my pin for about 8 months and would love to change it up.

#1028 4 months ago
Quoted from DavidD:

Happy Holidays, Everyone,
I've got a few speaker / wiring questions.
First, I installed a cabinet speaker but am getting a crackling sound. The sound is most pronounced when I drain and it tallies all the bonus points. It's most crackly at the last bonus point screen. I took the translite off and noted that my negative .156 crimp connect was not fully inserted into the 2-port molex. I pressed it in firmly and while that reduced the crackly sound, it didn't cure it altogether. I confirmed that the positive .156 crimp is fully inserted. Though, I am using 16 gauge speaker wire, which is not within specs of the .156 crimp. See link below. The smallest wire recommended for the crimp is 18. As such, the insulated part of the wire does not sit cleanly in the crimp. I also redid the spade connectors on the speaker itself since having a purchased a legit crimping tool for spade connectors. And, lastly, I replaced the 8" cabinet speaker. Boy, they say DIY'ing is part of pinball life.... as this is my first pin, I'm beginning to believe it. Any suggestions?
I noticed that there are two types of .156 crimps.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=81
One has a sled-like appearance while the other is more jagged; called a Trifurcon. I'm using the Trifurcon crimps. Am I using the correct one? And, do either type of crimps work with the white molex connector?
Second question.... my original cabinet speaker was 4ohms. But, when I went through the utilities menu and switched it from 8 to 4, the volume of that speaker decreased significantly. As such, I purchased an 8ohms speaker. See link below. It now sounds loud, having gone back into settings and changed it from 4 to 8ohms; expect from the crackling. Was thinking, if I wanted to upgrade the backbox speakers, which are 8ohms from the factory, should I stick with 8ohms, though I'm seeing a lot of fellow pinsiders using 4ohms speakers? And, are you guys who are going with 4ohm speakers changing the setting in utilities to 4ohms?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CG38J8
Thanks again, everyone, for your help! Loving the JP pin.... I've got miles to go before I master it. Also, as a fun question, which Danger pin do you think is more challenging, JP or Foo Fighters?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Trifurcons are fine. Depending on the speaker, you may be getting some clipping if you turn it up high. Best to check the DIY sound thread on here for in depth audio questions

1 week later
#1029 4 months ago

Does anyone know where we can get lock bar decals for home editions

#1030 4 months ago

I don't know if there are commercials options, but when making custom magnets for my pins, i use this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071L97W57

I print images to normal paper (though photo paper works too), cut the magnet sheet to approximate size, peel off the backing to expose the adhesive, adhere the art to the magnet, then trim down to size. I then use a clear spray paint on the magnet art to protect it.

1 week later
#1031 4 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Trifurcons are fine. Depending on the speaker, you may be getting some clipping if you turn it up high. Best to check the DIY sound thread on here for in depth audio questions

Thanks very much for the reply. Sorry about delay on my end. I will use the Trifurcons as you recommend.

After my original post, a few days later, I thought to disconnect the 5-pin molex to the backbox speakers. In it's place, I connected the cabinet speaker's 2-pin molex to the left backbox speaker pins. I worked great! No crackling out of my cabinet speaker. So, as it turns out, the cabinet connector (CN4) on the mobo appears to the be issue. I'm working with my distributer.... Stern says they'll send me a replacement mobo.

#1032 4 months ago
Quoted from DavidD:

Thanks very much for the reply. Sorry about delay on my end. I will use the Trifurcons as you recommend.
After my original post, a few days later, I thought to disconnect the 5-pin molex to the backbox speakers. In it's place, I connected the cabinet speaker's 2-pin molex to the left backbox speaker pins. I worked great! No crackling out of my cabinet speaker. So, as it turns out, the cabinet connector (CN4) on the mobo appears to the be issue. I'm working with my distributer.... Stern says they'll send me a replacement mobo.

Did you update the code? The cabinet pins were disabled in to original code, and didn’t work until after the update.

#1033 4 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Did you update the code? The cabinet pins were disabled in to original code, and didn’t work until after the update.

Thanks for tip.... It was update out of the box. It currently sits at 1.03.00

#1034 4 months ago

Wanted to ask everyone’s thoughts on adding the JP topper to our home pins. I have owned my pin for about a year and I still love this game. I have since added the Star Wars home pin and Godzilla premium. I enjoy all of them and wasnt sure if adding the topper would add more play to the game or just waste 750 bucks.

#1035 4 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Wanted to ask everyone’s thoughts on adding the JP topper to our home pins. I have owned my pin for about a year and I still love this game. I have since added the Star Wars home pin and Godzilla premium. I enjoy all of them and wasnt sure if adding the topper would add more play to the game or just waste 750 bucks.

If you find out let me know. Haha. It does add something but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

#1036 3 months ago

I can't speak to the SW topper or the GZ topper, but the JP topper adds the ability to qualify the "Escape from Nublar ENHANCED" mode which 1) adds an extra challenge to the game of lighting enough letters before Escape is qualified, and 2) the ENHANCED mode becomes far easier to get a higher score.

If that plus the aesthetics is worth $750 to you, then go for it...

I will say that i really enjoy trying to get to the Enhanced mode... I've made it twice so far, and it's a fun ride... for me, at least.

#1037 3 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

By the way I liked that star wars pin a lot. A friend of mine had it and sold it and all he's friends miss it.

#1038 3 months ago

Can anyone tell me where you plug the power into for the JP topper. I see a few cables but want to be sure.

#1039 3 months ago

I had asked the same question not so long so... Shout-out to Aries_pinside and Meldenhut once again for leading us to this answer (with photo!)

There are spare power connectors coming off the power supply with orange blanking plugs. Use one of these to connect the topper power to.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/13#post-6643474

#1040 3 months ago

Thanks for the help Stwrn called me today and said any of the power adapters on bottom right will work for topper

#1041 3 months ago

Added some much needed light to the playfield.

IMG_2459 (resized).jpegIMG_2459 (resized).jpegIMG_2460 (resized).jpegIMG_2460 (resized).jpegIMG_2461 (resized).jpegIMG_2461 (resized).jpeg
#1042 3 months ago

Hi all got this as my 1st pinball. Out of the box I was getting inconsistent release of the ball from Trex. Stern sent me some instructions and recommendation. I took the Trex out of the cab, checked the opto wires and they seem fine. They also said to breast the metal near the back of the mouth because sometimes it disconnecs from the tabs causing Interference with the ball. I pressed as hard as I could and reassembled. It played well for 2 games and now is getting stuck again. Any thoughts? I read a post stating to move the rubber on the head, not really sure how to do that.

#1043 3 months ago

Found the perfect fit for the shooter lane keep mod.

IMG_2499 (resized).jpegIMG_2499 (resized).jpegIMG_2502 (resized).jpegIMG_2502 (resized).jpegIMG_2503 (resized).jpegIMG_2503 (resized).jpegIMG_2504 (resized).jpegIMG_2504 (resized).jpegIMG_2505 (resized).jpegIMG_2505 (resized).jpeg
#1044 3 months ago

Well I just bought a JDJP, NIB, I love it.

Shipping went mostly fine, One broken socket for the left Trex Flasher Lamp, and the bottom raptor pen switch was stuck closed. I fixed the switch, and Greg from Flip N Out is sending me a replacement socket for that light.

Love it so far, and gave it a rating, but I have to rate more games for it to count.

Also, yes, the GI is too damn dark, probably the first thing I would want to fix. Otherwise, still breaking it in and getting use to it.

#1045 3 months ago
Quoted from OCsmack:

Hi all got this as my 1st pinball. Out of the box I was getting inconsistent release of the ball from Trex. Stern sent me some instructions and recommendation. I took the Trex out of the cab, checked the opto wires and they seem fine. They also said to breast the metal near the back of the mouth because sometimes it disconnecs from the tabs causing Interference with the ball. I pressed as hard as I could and reassembled. It played well for 2 games and now is getting stuck again. Any thoughts? I read a post stating to move the rubber on the head, not really sure how to do that.

Any luck on fixing this? I'm not too savvy on the technical side. Hopefully someone here can help you out. I know you can do a switch test. Might shed some light on whats going on

#1046 3 months ago

So can someone tell me why the jurrasic park topper doesn’t light up like on the pro or premium. The cool light effects are not the same on the home pin. So disappointed

#1047 3 months ago

Ok so now that I dropped like 800 on this topper I need to try it out for a few games to see my verdict. First impressions not good since the leds are not performing the beautiful light show that the pros and premium models do. The game not carrying over letters to next game also not great since 12 letters in one game is a massive undertaking. I wanted to add more attraction and game replay value so I got it but not sure if I knew these issues existed I would have dropped this amount of cash on it.

#1048 3 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Any luck on fixing this? I'm not too savvy on the technical side. Hopefully someone here can help you out. I know you can do a switch test. Might shed some light on whats going on

Still troubleshooting with stern. I think I did the switch test correctly, they had me run a coil test to make sure the mouth opens regularly. Pretty sure the mouth doesn't have enough clearance for the ball to freely roll out

#1049 3 months ago

Dear Stern... work on your QA... I wondered why this switch was always ON (Smart Missile)

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1050 3 months ago

How tall are the toppers? I only have about 9 1/2 inches clearance to the suspended ceiling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Macungie, PA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/21?hl=jordyramone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.