(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,179 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3711 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3710 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3718 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3721 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3724 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3726 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3719 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3710 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3711 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3725 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.
#951 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Also, everyone should comment on this post from stern and ask where's the update for JDJP.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxqM5Jggamz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Thanks for the reminder - I've just added my review.

I'm also working on a small update to my 'movie' code. I was annoyed by the 'enter initials' video restarting after a couple of seconds. the original video did this, but was much less obvious as it was a short looping video anyway. So I've added a freeze frame to the start of the new video, which means the restart happens while the video is frozen. So all you see is a still image of the trex for a few seconds, and then the video starts properly without looping. I've extended the sequence so you can take much longer to enter your initials and savour your accomplishment!

I've also reverted the smart missile video back to the stock one, as I think it's better than what I added. And there's more Samuel L. in the Restore Power mode. Also more Nedry too (Dead Flip Skill Shot).

I need to test it fully on my machine over the next day or two.

#952 8 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Im wondering if others are having the same issue with the 30th anniversary where the shaker motor is so violent on the TRex modes. It shakes the entire cabinet and even the ground its on. I put silicone slippers on the metal legs and considered putting a carpet to soften some of the reverberations. Reading through some other forums I saw there is a feature to lower the frequency but is there a way to lower the intensity of the shake?

This is a stock 30th anniversary other than playfield mods so nothing done to the shaker motor.

#953 8 months ago
Quoted from RyanSterling:

Hi Everyone,
Im wondering if others are having the same issue with the 30th anniversary where the shaker motor is so violent on the TRex modes. It shakes the entire cabinet and even the ground its on. I put silicone slippers on the metal legs and considered putting a carpet to soften some of the reverberations. Reading through some other forums I saw there is a feature to lower the frequency but is there a way to lower the intensity of the shake?
This is a stock 30th anniversary other than playfield mods so nothing done to the shaker motor.

Wrong club. This is for the home edition. To answer though, you can adjust the intensity by unscrewing one of the weights and turning it 90 degrees. It won’t shake as badly.

#954 8 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

Thanks for the reminder - I've just added my review.
I'm also working on a small update to my 'movie' code. I was annoyed by the 'enter initials' video restarting after a couple of seconds. the original video did this, but was much less obvious as it was a short looping video anyway. So I've added a freeze frame to the start of the new video, which means the restart happens while the video is frozen. So all you see is a still image of the trex for a few seconds, and then the video starts properly without looping. I've extended the sequence so you can take much longer to enter your initials and savour your accomplishment!
I've also reverted the smart missile video back to the stock one, as I think it's better than what I added. And there's more Samuel L. in the Restore Power mode. Also more Nedry too (Dead Flip Skill Shot).
I need to test it fully on my machine over the next day or two.

OK, I've uploaded the newest version of my movie code. Same link as before. Or message me if you need the link.

#955 8 months ago

Just awesome to have the upgrade kits from pinsider Pinball-Cruiser installed on both the SW and JP home editions. What a difference it makes in video and audio! You have to see and hear them to fully appreciate them. Thanks to Chris for making these kits available for sale and including such carefully detailed instructions and materials. For me, it takes about 2.5 hours to install each kit. The result is well worth it, and I now include these pins as tournament machines in our monthly IFPA tournaments in central PA.

Joe Schall

Home Editions (resized).jpgHome Editions (resized).jpg
#956 8 months ago

Has anyone put Pinstadium lights in one of these? I'm curious what it would look like.

#957 8 months ago

Not that I have one (yet?) but I have a question about connecting the JP topper to the home pin...

Now, I saw Jack Danger had connected the Stern JP topper, which opened a pathway to lighting the letters to JURASSIC PARK, but I'm a bit confused as to how...

My understanding is that the topper has two connectors: a cable with an RJ45 connector that goes into... CN22, the middle port on the bottom right of the main board...(?)

But isn't there also a chunky Molex connector for 48V power that would normally connect to CN7 on the power distribution board? This pin has no power distribution board...

Would the topper only use the RJ45 connector and NOT the 48V connector? The topper wouldn't need any further power feeding into it to work (at least to the point of enabling the JURASSIC PARK letters function?)

20231005_212742 (resized).jpg20231005_212742 (resized).jpg

#958 8 months ago

There are spare power connectors coming off the power supply with orange blanking plugs. Use one of these to connect the topper power to.

#959 8 months ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

There are spare power connectors coming off the power supply with orange blanking plugs. Use one of these to connect the topper power to.

Here's a pic from another thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/13#post-6643474

1 week later
#960 8 months ago

Hi there! Can I also ask if someone can clarify the Escape Nublar wizard mode? What lights the Super Jackpot? And is scoring it the only way to conclude the mode, or is it time-based?

#961 8 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Hi there! Can I also ask if someone can clarify the Escape Nublar wizard mode? What lights the Super Jackpot? And is scoring it the only way to conclude the mode, or is it time-based?

You are trying to escape. Three shots light up but only the blinking one is correct path. Hitting the other two will get you a wrong way animation. Hitting the correct blinking ones will add to a bonus. I believe there's only like 7(?) of these. If you get one wrong you go to the next one anyways. There is no time limit. Keep hitting shots till the trex is lit for super jackpot. That's when the mode is done. That jackpot is multiplied by how many balls you have left.

#962 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

You are trying to escape. Three shots light up but only the blinking one is correct path. Hitting the other two will get you a wrong way animation. Hitting the correct blinking ones will add to a bonus. I believe there's only like 7(?) of these. If you get one wrong you go to the next one anyways. There is no time limit. Keep hitting shots till the trex is lit for super jackpot. That's when the mode is done. That jackpot is multiplied by how many balls you have left.

Brilliant, thank you kindly!

#963 8 months ago

Is there a breakdown of the rules anywhere?

#964 8 months ago
Quoted from RetroG33K:

Is there a breakdown of the rules anywhere?

The closest things I know of are a short and long youtube video, with the short being more of a promo but instructive and the long being Jack Danger playing with lots of swearing and getting to the wizard mode.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-imageadvan-imageadvan_003&ei=UTF-8&hsimp=yhs-imageadvan_003&hspart=imageadvan&p=jurassic+park+pinball+home+edition+rulesheet&type=176_dm002_dm0001edge&guccounter=1#id=7&vid=3fcea24a8d8b0a34938d3c5a7f7c4ea6&action=view

#965 8 months ago

Just got this,was wondering what was your highest bonus

IMG_20231017_190408902 (resized).jpgIMG_20231017_190408902 (resized).jpg
#966 8 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Just got this,was wondering what was your highest bonus
[quoted image]

Here's mine

PXL_20231018_040312921 (resized).jpgPXL_20231018_040312921 (resized).jpg
#967 8 months ago

If anyone is interested, I have some spots open for my next run of Home Pin 15.6" LCD upgrade kits. See full details

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-star-wars-home-pin-156-lcd-upgrade-kit

#968 8 months ago

It would be cool if they finally announced insider connected for this at the expo this weekend. I mean, i can dream right?

#969 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

It would be cool if they finally announced insider connected for this at the expo this weekend. I mean, i can dream right?

I don’t think it’s ever gonna happen at this point.

#970 8 months ago

I finally got the artwork for my topper. It's made from the topper from an old gambling machine and a 13" LCD, mirrored from the game's display!

PXL_20231023_164908008 (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_164908008 (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_164940328 (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_164940328 (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_165853784 (resized).jpgPXL_20231023_165853784 (resized).jpg
#971 8 months ago

NICELY done!

#972 8 months ago

That's a great mod, well done!

#973 8 months ago

Way cool.

#974 7 months ago

Brilliant!

#975 7 months ago

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with it. If anyone wants to do something similar I can provide a list of parts.

#976 7 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with it. If anyone wants to do something similar I can provide a list of parts.

I would definitely be interested tho I'm not sure if I would be confident enough to try it.

#977 7 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

Not sure I'd have the skill, but I'd love to learn how it was done!

#978 7 months ago

Im not sure i could do the movie clips mod but the topper as a whole,would like to get it at home!Such a good one

#979 7 months ago

BTW Someone know how many JP has been make?

#980 7 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

Would be grateful for the list of parts, please!

#981 7 months ago

You should cross post that mod to the Star Wars Homepin thread too. People there would likely be interested.

#982 7 months ago

Was watching the dead Flip video again... I'm having a hard time figuring out what's lighting each topper letter... I thought it was perhaps tied to worker rescues, but that seems not to be the case later in the video...

Anybody know or have an idea?

#983 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Was watching the dead Flip video again... I'm having a hard time figuring out what's lighting each topper letter... I thought it was perhaps tied to worker rescues, but that seems not to be the case later in the video...

I think it might just do it sorta randomly throughout the game. Not sure tho.

#984 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I believe JURASSIC progresses with every lit lane hit for CHAOS.

#985 7 months ago

Received mine last weekend and it has been a blast, it required some tweaking and I'm already in about a hundred games alredy on it with a modest 3,927,660 as my personal high score. I'm usually in the boundaries of the 1M points and got acustom so some of the mechanics of the game.

I was worried due to all critics and some haters saying is trash and that should buy a PRO or a PREMIUM instead but I have no regrets at all. I'm having a lot of fun and is helping me improving a lot my skills to make better shoots, and overall ball control. I really recommend it as an entry level and I'm sure it will last that is more friendly with visitors that the other versions. I miss not having the option to upgrade with the insider kit to keep track of progress on the app, but I guess is another side effect of the (not at all) cheap version.

I still have to figure out some of the rules. I've been looking on internet but I cannot find any place with details of the rule set, in particular I'm trying to figure out the mechanics about the smart missile and the CHAOS word. Does anybody have a link to pdf or any other doc with the description of the rules?

#986 7 months ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

Received mine last weekend and it has been a blast, it required some tweaking and I'm already in about a hundred games alredy on it with a modest 3,927,660 as my personal high score. I'm usually in the boundaries of the 1M points and got acustom so some of the mechanics of the game.

I was worried due to all critics and some haters saying is trash and that should buy a PRO or a PREMIUM instead but I have no regrets at all. I'm having a lot of fun and is helping me improving a lot my skills to make better shoots, and overall ball control. I really recommend it as an entry level and I'm sure it will last that is more friendly with visitors that the other versions. I miss not having the option to upgrade with the insider kit to keep track of progress on the app, but I guess is another side effect of the (not at all) cheap version.

I still have to figure out some of the rules. I've been looking on internet but I cannot find any place with details of the rule set, in particular I'm trying to figure out the mechanics about the smart missile and the CHAOS word. Does anybody have a link to pdf or any other doc with the description of the rules?

Have never seen a print version, but there are some instructive youtube videos such as this one:

#987 7 months ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

The homepins are fantastic. This is my first pin too. My friend had the star wars home pin and it was a hit with casual friends who aren't pinheads. He sold it and got a wonka and everyone was missing the homepin. It's a great line with straight forward rules. Simple to learn hard to master. Because of that I find them to be addicting with the "one more game" feeling after you finish a game. I do think this one is better home pin. I really hope they make new ones just to keep the line going and to see them expand on how fun these machines could be. As far as stern insider I'm still hopeful it will come some day. Gomez has confirmed it a couple times.

#988 7 months ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

Congrats on your first pin,JP Home Pin is really a underrated game

#989 7 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Home Pin is really a underrated game

Quite literally underrated. There are only 23 ratings for this game and none with in the last year. Needs to have at least 50 ratings before it can be ranked against other pins.

#990 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Quite literally underrated. There are only 23 ratings for this game and none with in the last year. Needs to have at least 50 ratings before it can be ranked against other pins.

... And (thanks for reminding me) each person has to rate a certain number of games before their rating gets added to that tally...

#991 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Okay, FYI, a letter gets lit...

1) every fifth chaos letter (every goat drop)
2) every dinosaur rescued (including spinosaurus)
3) for Trex multiball super jackpot
4) for raptor multiball super jackpot

#992 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Okay, FYI, a letter gets lit...
1) every fifth chaos letter (every goat drop)
2) every dinosaur rescued (including spinosaurus)
3) for Trex multiball super jackpot
4) for raptor multiball super jackpot

Damn, that's cool. I wish I could afford one.

#993 7 months ago

So does the goat scoring come from the chaos letters? I haven't figured out yet exactly where the goat bonus and scoring is coming from...

#994 7 months ago
Quoted from MickFlip:

So does the goat scoring come from the chaos letters? I haven't figured out yet exactly where the goat bonus and scoring is coming from...

I think it's when you spell chaos it gives you a random amount of goats

#995 7 months ago

I love the translite art, but decided that if the art was going to depict dinosaurs in a rainstorm at night, I wanted to make the lighting feel like dinosaurs in a rainstorm at night. So I made an interactive backbox light panel.

First 20 sec are attract mode, the last minute is gameplay.

Attract mode: the JP logo and the JP sign pulse bright. The flaming debris on the top left and top right also pulse.

Gameplay: Sound-activated pulsing on three channels. Channel 1: the left lightning bolt, TRex and raptor. Channel 2: the central lightning bolt and head&arm of Spinosaurus. Chanel 3: the right lightning bolt, pteranodon and Spinosaurus sail.

(Sorry about the potatocam overexposure.)

You know, the funny thing is I didn't think I was going to mod this further from its modded condition when I bought it. I was convinced I was going to play it for the next year or so and then flip it, but this thing is just too damn fun. I think she's a keeper.

Interactive undercab lighting is next on my list.

#996 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I love the translite art, but decided that if the art was going to depict dinosaurs in a rainstorm at night, I wanted to make the lighting feel like dinosaurs in a rainstorm at night. So I made an interactive backbox light panel.

First 20 sec are attract mode, the last minute is gameplay.
Attract mode: the JP logo and the JP sign pulse bright. The flaming debris on the top left and top right also pulse.
Gameplay: Sound-activated pulsing on three channels. Channel 1: the left lightning bolt, TRex and raptor. Channel 2: the central lightning bolt and head&arm of Spinosaurus. Chanel 3: the right lightning bolt, pteranodon and Spinosaurus sail.
(Sorry about the potatocam overexposure.)
You know, the funny thing is I didn't think I was going to mod this further from its modded condition when I bought it. I was convinced I was going to play it for the next year or so and then flip it, but this thing is just too damn fun. I think she's a keeper.
Interactive undercab lighting is next on my list.

That's a great mod. I'd never thought of doing that. What hardware have you used for the sound activated lights?

#997 7 months ago

Cheers! I used this controller for the sound activated lights:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TX5HG49

#998 7 months ago

You guys are going to think I'm nuts (or maybe you just won't really care ) but to increase the immersion, I put a small stereo speaker set w/ subwoofer near the pin, and got a cheap media player that does autoplay.

Now when I power on the surge protector to turn on the pin, these sounds start filling the room as well:

There's also a version without rain, I might try that and see which works better...

#999 7 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

You guys are going to think I'm nuts (or maybe you just won't really care ) but to increase the immersion, I put a small stereo speaker set w/ subwoofer near the pin, and got a cheap media player that does autoplay.
Now when I power on the surge protector to turn on the pin, these sounds start filling the room as well:

There's also a version without rain, I might try that and see which works better...

Awesome. Love the enthusiasm for the pin!

#1000 7 months ago

Got our first PIN this past Tuesday..... been playing everyday since!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
Macungie, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.