(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,145 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
#901 9 months ago

With Sterns announcement of the new roll out for the 30th celebration, do we think we might be getting a code update???

IMG_4750 (resized).jpegIMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
#902 9 months ago

Unlikely because the Home pin does not share much with the Pro/Prem/LE and 30th Anniversary editions beyond the name and a few assets in the video. Code changes to those others easily can apply to all.

#903 9 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

With Sterns announcement of the new roll out for the 30th celebration, do we think we might be getting a code update???[quoted image]

That would rule. We are still waiting for that stern insider so maybe.

#904 9 months ago

FYI, here is what they have added. does sounds really cool:
"To celebrate this milestone anniversary, the team at Stern has created a software update available for all existing versions of the game. The update offers new ways to play, including Co-Op Play, Team Play, and a 30th Anniversary Insider Connected Quest. The update also brings additional polish and refinement throughout the game experience. Co-Op Play gives players the unique ability to collaborate in order to escape Isla Nublar and reach the ultimate wizard mode, "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!" Team Play allows players to challenge each other in any combination of 1 to 4 players. The new 30th Anniversary Quest will be available to users as part of Stern's award-winning Insider Connected system. The Quest will challenge players to collect Dinosaur DNA strands throughout the game to create amazing dinosaurs and earn badges. Registration for Insider Connected is available for free."

#905 9 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

Unlikely because the Home pin does not share much with the Pro/Prem/LE and 30th Anniversary editions beyond the name and a few assets in the video. Code changes to those others easily can apply to all.

Adding a little polish to the code would be a good way to help distros move any remaining stock of those games.

#906 9 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Adding a little polish to the code would be a good way to help distros move any remaining stock of those games.

The real polish the need is to update to the movie code huwman made. Total game changer in terms of feel of quality.

#907 9 months ago

Jack and Waison were streaming at comic con. I asked when the next update will happen sorta as a joke. Waison said he could do a update but he's not sure stern would release it. He then asked jack what else he would want in it. Jack mentioned that spino trex secret wiz mode that didn't make it to the final game. It would be awesome if they did a update. We should put forward a last of ideas haha.

#908 9 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Jack and Waison were streaming at comic con. I asked when the next update will happen sorta as a joke. Waison said he could do an update but he's not sure stern would release it. He then asked jack what else he would want in it. Jack mentioned that spino trex secret wiz mode that didn't make it to the final game. It would be awesome if they did an update. We should put forward a last of ideas haha.

Here’s an idea:
Raptor search: Before raptor multi ball the playfield darkens and the game randomly selects a shot indicated by blinking light. You hit that within a specific time (15-30 second) and you get a big bonus. Repeat with new shot until you fail. If you don’t hit that in a certain time the raptors “find you” and the 3 ball multi ball kicks in along with all its chaos.

#909 9 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

Here’s an idea:
Raptor search: Before raptor multi ball the playfield darkens and the game randomly selects a shot indicated by blinking light. You hit that within a specific time (15-30 second) and you get a big bonus. Repeat with new shot until you fail. If you don’t hit that in a certain time the raptors “find you” and the 3 ball multi ball kicks in along with all its chaos.

I like it!

#910 9 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Jack and Waison were streaming at comic con. I asked when the next update will happen sorta as a joke. Waison said he could do a update but he's not sure stern would release it. He then asked jack what else he would want in it. Jack mentioned that spino trex secret wiz mode that didn't make it to the final game. It would be awesome if they did a update. We should put forward a last of ideas haha.

Another mode would be a dream.

I’m half moved into the new place and have been pumped being able to play again. IMG_0795 (resized).jpegIMG_0795 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from STLOkie:

Here’s an idea:

That would be cool to implement like professor dent on 007 where there is a roaming shot that moves around the playfield. A shot to the smart missile would pause the shot for a few extra seconds.

#911 9 months ago

Solid lineup! Good mix.

#912 9 months ago

I tried prying on the livestream. I asked about update of IC on the home and Jack's answer was no comment.

#913 9 months ago

Why no comment seems odd. Why not say yes or no.

#914 9 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Why no comment seems odd. Why not say yes or no.

I think he usually doesn't say anything cause he doesn't want to leak anything and get in trouble. Gomez has said many times IC is coming eventually. Would be awesome if it was soon.

#915 9 months ago

So I was talking to a friend and he mentioned to me how bad stern coil stops are for the flippers. I decided to look at mine since I was noticing it feeling a bit weird on certain shots and the left flipper would stick occasionally. Turns out one of the bolt broke off from on coil stop and the other one middle circle thing is loose. So after 10000 balls it's time to replace them. Haha. Might be a good thing for ppl to check if they are a noob like me and didn't know to.

1 week later
#916 8 months ago

Wish they could add a dirty pool callout in the games.I managed to shot 4times today in the T-rex again before the drop target get up again

#917 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

So I was talking to a friend and he mentioned to me how bad stern coil stops are for the flippers. I decided to look at mine since I was noticing it feeling a bit weird on certain shots and the left flipper would stick occasionally. Turns out one of the bolt broke off from on coil stop and the other one middle circle thing is loose. So after 10000 balls it's time to replace them. Haha. Might be a good thing for ppl to check if they are a noob like me and didn't know to.

The pinball life ones hold up well. I keep spares on hand for my machines. They seem to be hit or miss on which ones fail quickly.

Quoted from VGC1612:

Wish they could add a dirty pool callout in the games.I managed to shot 4times today in the T-rex again before the drop target get up again

That would be a cool feature. I remember someone mentioning it to Jack on a stream

#918 8 months ago

Hey everyone. Just get these new red rubbers on the flippers. I think they look awesome.
Also I have been trying to do some trouble shooting. I have noticed for a while that after I play a ball or two the back hand up the jump ramp gets impossible to do. The ball doesn't seem to have enough speed to get up. I just recently replaced the coil stops and since I'm still new at this stuff I didn't know I should have ordered new coil sleeves too. Shipping here will probably cost like 20 bucks so I'll probably wait till I have more to order. I tried to clean them but they look dirty still and might be worn a bit inside since you can see a indent of where the plunger stops. I also checked the flipper plunger for mushrooming and it looks fine. Still filed the top a bit to make it smoother. I've adjusted the eos on the left flipper too and it didn't seem to make much of a difference tho now the eos is switching in a better position. I notice the coil is a bit hot too after.
Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm hoping a new sleeve solves the problem but I'm sorta doubtful. If I find a solution I'll make sure I post it here so it can help others of they run into the same issue.

PXL_20230906_162707169 (resized).jpgPXL_20230906_162707169 (resized).jpg
#919 8 months ago

I've actually never been able to backhand the left ramp from a cradle on mine. To this day, it is my greatest shame.

#920 8 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I've actually never been able to backhand the left ramp from a cradle on mine. To this day, it is my greatest shame.

Haha. Oh damn. Maybe I shouldnt expect mine too.

#921 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

That would be a surprise to me. I'll have to look into that.

I managed to get a photo relating to the supply drop extra ball. I've only got to it when I've been playing really long games (10 balls!).

PXL_20230904_143952385 (resized).jpgPXL_20230904_143952385 (resized).jpg
#922 8 months ago

Daaaang, nice score

#923 8 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

I managed to get a photo relating to the supply drop extra ball. I've only got to it when I've been playing really long games (10 balls!). [quoted image]

Woah, that's crazy! I guess it's true, I wonder how many hit it takes. I've found out that you can only get the extra ball from completing two paddocks once. As in after you get to wizard mode and then do another two paddocks it won't light.

#924 8 months ago

I've never got an extra ball. Only lit it twice but drained it both times trying to actually hit it.

#925 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Woah, that's crazy! I guess it's true, I wonder how many hit it takes. I've found out that you can only get the extra ball from completing two paddocks once. As in after you get to wizard mode and then do another two paddocks it won't light.

I pulled my glass and counted how many amber hits it took to get to each supply drop upgrade

25k points (starting bonus) - 5 hits to upgrade
Increase Spinner Value - 7 hits to upgrade
Increase Pop Bumper Value - 8 hits to upgrade
Increase Jump Bonus - 10 hits to upgrade
150k points - 12 hits to upgrade
Increase Rescues - 13 hits to upgrade
Increase Spino Hurry Up - 15 hits to upgrade
All rescues lit - 17 hits to upgrade
1 million points - 18 hits to upgrade
Light Extra Ball - 29 hits to upgrade
Light Extra Ball (again)- unknown, I hit the button at least 50 times and it would not upgrade further.

So in total to upgrade the supply drop all the way to the first EB you need to hit the target 105 times.

#926 8 months ago
Quoted from bdw85:

I pulled my glass and counted how many amber hits it took to get to each supply drop upgrade
Light Extra Ball (again)- unknown, I hit the button at least 50 times and it would not upgrade further.
So in total to upgrade the supply drop all the way to the first EB you need to hit the target 105 times.

wow. Thanks. You are doing gods work
Now I have to try it!

#927 8 months ago
Quoted from bdw85:

I set a new highscore. Got up to all rescues lit. That was pretty cool.

signal-2023-09-07-16-27-02-328 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-09-07-16-27-02-328 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#928 8 months ago

Sorry, I'm jinxing myself by trumpeting my intentions, but I believe I may be joining the club on Monday... I'm pretty excited, already started to read this whole thread through; I'm up to page 3 so far, and moving forward...

Monday night seems very far away right now.

#929 8 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Sorry, I'm jinxing myself by trumpeting my intentions, but I believe I may be joining the club on Monday... I'm pretty excited, already started to read this whole thread through; I'm up to page 3 so far, and moving forward...
Monday night seems very far away right now.

Congrats. You’ll love it. It’s a fast and fun pin with a great layout. Just be sure to add a cabinet speaker and some spot lights to the lower slings and your good to go!

#930 8 months ago

Annnnd I'm in. Beautiful pin for a great price.

Quick question (and I promise I'll try to limit them)... I couldn't easily find any on a search, but does anyone make plastics protectors for this pin that folks would recommend?

20230918_222537 (resized).jpg20230918_222537 (resized).jpg
#931 8 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Quick question (and I promise I'll try to limit them)... I couldn't easily find any on a search, but does anyone make plastics protectors for this pin that folks would recommend?
[quoted image]

I don’t remember seeing any. I just used some lexan washers I had hanging around.

#932 8 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]

I was talking to mezel mods about it. They wanted me to trace them and they said they could. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

#933 8 months ago

Took my JP Home to a pinball festival over the weekend. Most people had never seen one nor knew it existed, but had a lot of comments come back about how much they enjoyed the game. Close to 400 plays over the festival and it didn’t miss a beat.

IMG_9175 (resized).jpegIMG_9175 (resized).jpeg
#934 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I was talking to mezel mods about it. They wanted me to trace them and they said they could. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

If it helps, I did find these:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/X00ztcIXBUCW_85Vi9nYkQ?categoryid=23&category=Plastics%20Protectors&name=Jurassic%20Park%20Pin%20%7C%202021

I got a complete set of GZ plastics protectors from them last year, wasn't sure if anybody had tried them for JDJP.

Marco has the Stern plastics set for JDJP for $250, though not currently in stock. These protectors would be about half that after shipping, so I'm considering it...

That being said, if anyone else wants to order a set, maybe I can put in a group order to combine for the international shipping, send me a PM if interested...

#935 8 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

If it helps, I did find these:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/X00ztcIXBUCW_85Vi9nYkQ?categoryid=23&category=Plastics%20Protectors&name=Jurassic%20Park%20Pin%20%7C%202021
I got a complete set of GZ plastics protectors from them last year, wasn't sure if anybody had tried them for JDJP.
Marco has the Stern plastics set for JDJP for $250, though not currently in stock. These protectors would be about half that after shipping, so I'm considering it...
That being said, if anyone else wants to order a set, maybe I can put in a group order to combine for the international shipping, send me a PM if interested...

Cool
I was think about more colored ones cause I think they might look cool.

#936 8 months ago

This game is absurdly fun, I'm so glad it's here. I'm starting to get the hang of it, came without a few shots of rescuing the last dino (though I'm still on a FIVE ball for now). This game is everything I hoped it would be.

I definitely found Jack's 20-minute playthrough stream to be incredibly instructive. Learned quite a lot, though still a few rules questions remained, but going to watch the stream again on a bigger screen

Interestingly, while I tend to play defensively, trying to trap, catch and aim, after watching the stream I tried to be more aggressive, trapping only when simple and just flipping away more often, and found that that's been a huge score improvement for me on this title.

So much fun...

20230924_134043 (resized).jpg20230924_134043 (resized).jpg
#937 8 months ago

That 8MM score would be my second best ever. I should watch that stream too I suppose.

#938 8 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

That 8MM score would be my second best ever. I should watch that stream too I suppose.

To be fair, again, I'm on five ball for now, rather than three yet, so that score is higher than I'd be able to achieve normally. still learning!

#939 7 months ago

Someone know how to increase the Spinosaurus values before the hurry up?

#940 7 months ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Took my JP Home to a pinball festival over the weekend. Most people had never seen one nor knew it existed, but had a lot of comments come back about how much they enjoyed the game. Close to 400 plays over the festival and it didn’t miss a beat.
[quoted image]

Its for sure a underrated and hidden gem

#941 7 months ago

Just a call out to anyone who may not have rated this game, or met the threshold of rating 5+ games to get recognized, it would be nice to see how this game stacks up to other games. We need another 21 ratings to see the aggregate ratings on the top 100. At the very least it raises visibility to other to maybe try this game out. Feel free to rate here: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-jurassic-park-home-edition/ratings/edit?r=/pinball/machine/stern-jurassic-park-home-edition

#942 7 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

Just a call out to anyone who may not have rated this game, or met the threshold of rating 5+ games to get recognized, it would be nice to see how this game stacks up to other games. We need another 21 ratings to see the aggregate ratings on the top 100. At the very least it raises visibility to other to maybe try this game out. Feel free to rate here: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-jurassic-park-home-edition/ratings/edit?r=/pinball/machine/stern-jurassic-park-home-edition

Actually 21 was how many it had, I believe. It needed 29 more.

Well, 28, now, once mine is approved. Cheers!

#943 7 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Someone know how to increase the Spinosaurus values before the hurry up?

I believe ripping the spinners increase the value. Usually I'm too scared to look up while playing but I'm pretty sure that's how it's done.

#944 7 months ago

Also, everyone should comment on this post from stern and ask where's the update for JDJP.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxqM5Jggamz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

#945 7 months ago

I played JP Home Edition at my local distributor's warehouse a few weeks ago, and while I ultimately decided to plunk down the $$$$$ for JP 30th Anniversary instead, I was pleasantly surprised by the Home Edition overall.

However, they had that JPHE sloped pretty flat, and it played really slow. No idea what angle, and I don't recall what the bubble on the playfield showed. Very different from the JP30, which I keep at a 7º slope so it plays really fast.

Do you JPHE owners slope yours higher/faster than what they're suggested for?

I feel like if it'd played faster I would've been much more legitimately tempted to buy the JPHE and get a 2nd NIB Pro of some other game for only a bit more than I spent on the JP30. (It doesn't help that my JP30 has been plagued by issues since unboxing.)

#946 7 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I played JP Home Edition at my local distributor's warehouse a few weeks ago, and while I ultimately decided to plunk down the $$$$$ for JP 30th Anniversary instead, I was pleasantly surprised by the Home Edition overall.
However, they had that JPHE sloped pretty flat, and it played really slow. No idea what angle, and I don't recall what the bubble on the playfield showed. Very different from the JP30, which I keep at a 7º slope so it plays really fast.
I feel like if it'd played faster I would've been much more legitimately tempted to buy the JPHE and get a 2nd NIB Pro of some other game for only a bit more than I spent on the JP30. (It doesn't help that my JP30 has been plagued by issues since unboxing.)

Sorry to hear that your new machine is having issues. My buddy got a elvira and has had nothing but issues since unboxing it. It's a shame how poor sterns QA is now. My JDJP has been very good and has held up super well and I have 3k games on it.
To answer your question, I feel like my JDJP plays super fast. Maybe the slope was way off. You can repeat shots over and over again making it go faster each time but it can be pretty reckless with a ball moving that fast.

#947 7 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

That is odd. JPHE is a fast and flowy game. Try watching one of the streams on YouTube to see if it was just a poor set up. I think mine is set to 6.8 degrees if I remember right.

#948 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That is odd. JPHE is a fast and flowy game. Try watching one of the streams on YouTube to see if it was just a poor set up. I think mine is set to 6.8 degrees if I remember right.

Yeah, I watched Jack Danger beat it on one of his Dead Flip streams and it was definitely playing fast. The one in my distro's shop must be sloped too flat. Maybe for the kids?

#949 7 months ago

Arrived from Germany today...

20230927_212025 (resized).jpg20230927_212025 (resized).jpg

Lower half of playfield was pretty easy to install... That's it for me tonight.

20230927_224538 (resized).jpg20230927_224538 (resized).jpg

Might have to forgo some of the ones in the back... The one under the Pteranodon exit ramp, for one.

20230927_225039 (resized).jpg20230927_225039 (resized).jpg

Not sure I could install that one without a shorter hex spacer. Not sure if there will be enough space for the ramp and the gate.

#950 7 months ago

Would anyone be interested in something like this translite for the jd versoon of jp?

Screenshot_20230927_033113_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230927_033113_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Macungie, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/19?hl=jordyramone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.