(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,090 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by VGC1612
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.
#801 12 months ago

huwman - how would you describe the experience of playing with the larger monitor on top of the backbox? Do you feel it adds to the game? Is it a little strange having both the smaller and larger monitor on at the same time? I think it's a cool idea and was thinking of doing the same thing.

#802 12 months ago
Quoted from AZTim:

huwman - how would you describe the experience of playing with the larger monitor on top of the backbox? Do you feel it adds to the game? Is it a little strange having both the smaller and larger monitor on at the same time? I think it's a cool idea and was thinking of doing the same thing.

It's been good. It probably adds more for people watching than the person playing, but I have found myself looking up at it occasionally during gameplay. And now that I've added in some movie clips with my custom code, it looks even better.

So it's certainly not essential, but I like it and think it would look good integrated into a topper with some proper artwork either side.

Probably a more useful place for a second monitor would be on the apron as it would be easier to look at there than on or above the backbox. Some VPins use that as an area to display information which is cool. It should be possible to add a screen on the apron, although there's not much space between the apron and the glass.

If you do add a second monitor, make sure you use as short an HDMI cable as possible, or else the picture drops out. It might be necessary to use a signal booster for one on the apron.

#803 12 months ago

huwman - appreciate the response, thank you, helpful. One more question, did you have to drill a small hole to pass the cable to the monitor on top?

#804 12 months ago

Does the coin op translite fit this game? or is it too small?

I have an extra of these, $100 shipped to the group.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dcUpzDWKkPaX9jv46

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#805 12 months ago
Quoted from AZTim:

huwman - appreciate the response, thank you, helpful. One more question, did you have to drill a small hole to pass the cable to the monitor on top?

No, luckily there's already a hole in the top of the back box!

#806 12 months ago

Does anyone have a problem with the lock down bar shift and when nudging and goes back and forth? Also, any ideas on how to fix it?
Plus the plastic glass channel is on the right is moving. Any ideas?
Including some pics

IMG_1883 (resized).jpegIMG_1883 (resized).jpegIMG_1884 (resized).jpegIMG_1884 (resized).jpegIMG_1885 (resized).jpegIMG_1885 (resized).jpegIMG_1886 (resized).jpegIMG_1886 (resized).jpeg
#807 11 months ago

huwman I've been playing round with the file and realized how much work it must be to save these sound files.

I found a soundboard with tons of audio clips from the movie, and even better, you can download specific clips as needed. This should help immensely.

https://www.101soundboards.com/boards/26468-jurassic-park-soundboard

#808 11 months ago
Quoted from DWGrip:

Does anyone have a problem with the lock down bar shift and when nudging and goes back and forth? Also, any ideas on how to fix it?
Plus the plastic glass channel is on the right is moving. Any ideas?
Including some pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You want the lockdown bar to cover the end of the plastic side rails slightly. It can be difficult to get them to stay in position when installing the playfield glass. I used to hold them in place with a small piece of blue painters tape on each rail when installing the glass. Some tape on the tongue of the plastic rail might also help hold it into the grove of cabinet tighter so it doesn’t shift during play.

#809 11 months ago

Welp my T-Rex was a victim of the poor wiring positioning others have seen. Had to take it apart and re-solder the orange line and add a small wire piece to reach the sensor properly. Not an easy fix. Worried it will happen again over time.

If your t-Rex keeps opening and closing its jaw this is likely your issue.

663278DF-5D2D-49DE-AB5F-7B94C8C49CC7 (resized).jpeg663278DF-5D2D-49DE-AB5F-7B94C8C49CC7 (resized).jpeg

#810 11 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

huwman I've been playing round with the file and realized how much work it must be to save these sound files.
I found a soundboard with tons of audio clips from the movie, and even better, you can download specific clips as needed. This should help immensely.
https://www.101soundboards.com/boards/26468-jurassic-park-soundboard

Thanks very much, I'll have a look.

#811 11 months ago

Any idea how the HOME EDITION pins are selling? Are they going to make more or was this a failed experiment? I'm tempted to grab one but the price difference isn't as big as one would hope between HOME and PRO and I don't see these HOME editions getting resale value like the regular line does

#812 11 months ago

Resale is the biggest prob in home ownership.
Unless you can get a smoking deal,
Get a used pro.

#813 11 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

Any idea how the HOME EDITION pins are selling? Are they going to make more or was this a failed experiment? I'm tempted to grab one but the price difference isn't as big as one would hope between HOME and PRO and I don't see these HOME editions getting resale value like the regular line does

People have been saying for almost a decade that the home pin line has been a failure, but Stern keeps cranking them out year after year. If they weren't selling well then they wouldn't keep producing them. Personally, I don't figure in resale value when buying a pin - if I end up losing a couple hundred when I sell then I consider that the cost of having fun. If your primary concern is resale value then stick to the Premiums and LEs.

#814 11 months ago
Quoted from bdw85:

People have been saying for almost a decade that the home pin line has been a failure, but Stern keeps cranking them out year after year. If they weren't selling well then they wouldn't keep producing them. Personally, I don't figure in resale value when buying a pin - if I end up losing a couple hundred when I sell then I consider that the cost of having fun. If your primary concern is resale value then stick to the Premiums and LEs.

You can look here on Pinside that the prices for the home editions continue to drop. I really like my JP Home pin, but for 5K, there should be more substance. These should have been priced closer to $4k, but I guessing the Star Wars and Jurassic Park licenses forced them to price them higher.

#815 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

You can look here on Pinside that the prices for the home editions continue to drop. I really like my JP Home pin, but for 5K, there should be more substance. These should have been priced closer to $4k, but I guessing the Star Wars and Jurassic Park licenses forced them to price them higher.

Once upon a time the MSRP was $4k, but Stern decided to bump up the price to $5k when they did their last round of price increases. If a person wants to get one I would definitely recommend getting it used. You can find lightly used examples for under $4k pretty easily (that's how I got mine!).

#816 11 months ago

I agree at $5k you are within reasonable striking distance of a Pro, which some can be found for at or even under $7k. Now I got my home pin under $3,800, which is now closer to half the price of a Pro, which feels right.

Still a good pin really, even at MSRP, just the value prop goes down there.

#817 11 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

DeadFlip mentioned on one of his streams that they have ceased production of home pins for now. I doubt they are killing them completely, but maybe they will go through another rearchitecture. I think there is a place in the market for them.

They seem to sell around the holidays and are great for a family's first pin as they don't require much in terms of maintenance and the rules are straight forward. It also plays really well, which often shocks those who pump only buying cornerstones when they play.

That said, I think most distros would probably deal with you to get the price closer to 4k just to move them. There aren't regular code updates, so it's not like the popularity is going to surge in the future, UNLESS they eventually follow through and make home pins IC enabled like they have rumored for a while.

#818 11 months ago

Deals are out there. I got both jp and sw home editions for 7k shipped. Not sure how long they will stay though. Both are fun for what they are.

#819 11 months ago

Hi everybody

Add topper installed today !!! I love this game !!!!

20230425_163753 (resized).jpg20230425_163753 (resized).jpg20230425_163823 (resized).jpg20230425_163823 (resized).jpg
#820 11 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Deals are out there. I got both jp and sw home editions for 7k shipped. Not sure how long they will stay though. Both are fun for what they are.

SW home is a fun game too, but definitely needs the cabinet speaker to stop it from sounding like pots and pans banging together while you play

I will say that SW home feels like it has more assets than my cornerstone SW.

#821 11 months ago

Regarding the cabinet speaker, I was hoping someone could help me out.

I installed the second backbox speaker and cabinet speaker. When I have the cabinet speaker hooked up, I get a weird audio distortion during lower frequency sound effects. Especially after locking a T-Rex shot, or the end of ball sound clip.

I tried messing with the audio settings but I can't seem to eliminate it.

I was using a stern factory 8" cab speaker, I've also tried switching it with another Pyle 8" speaker and I get the same distortion. It doesn't seem to matter at 4 or 8 ohm.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

#822 11 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I installed the second backbox speaker and cabinet speaker. When I have the cabinet speaker hooked up, I get a weird audio distortion during lower frequency sound effects. Especially after locking a T-Rex shot, or the end of ball sound clip.
I was using a stern factory 8" cab speaker, I've also tried switching it with another Pyle 8" speaker and I get the same distortion. It doesn't seem to matter at 4 or 8 ohm.

Did you update the code? I know it was enabled last up date.

#823 11 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Did you update the code? I know it was enabled last up date.

Jon9508 Yes I'm on current code and have the cabinet speaker enabled.

#824 11 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Wow plus 1 to this. Happens at the exact same time and tried the exact same fixes to no avail. Figured it was just bad audio clips. Anyone else have this issue? I ordered a fosi bt30 sound amp to try to get this sorted as a last ditch effort. Ill give it a shot tomorrow and report back.

#825 11 months ago

I converted mine to have three speakers but didn’t have any issue. My only recommendation would be to try and reseat all the cable connections, both on the speaker and the board. Be sure your (+) and (-) are all correct. Also be sure you aren’t running the cables by the power supply or over one of the spare power pigtails that aren’t used.

Does the distortion affect all speakers or just one? If it’s just one maybe swap around the cables to see if the issue stays with a certain speaker or a specific plug in on the board.

#826 11 months ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

I converted mine to have three speakers but didn’t have any issue. My only recommendation would be to try and reseat all the cable connections, both on the speaker and the board. Be sure your (+) and (-) are all correct. Also be sure you aren’t running the cables by the power supply or over one of the spare power pigtails that aren’t used.
Does the distortion affect all speakers or just one? If it’s just one maybe swap around the cables to see if the issue stays with a certain speaker or a specific plug in on the board.

I want to say it’s only the sub but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll do a little more digging before I go the amp route.

#827 11 months ago

100% its only the sub. Made sure all wiring was correct and routed correctly. Still have static crackle at lower base levels. I followed the EQ settings from the post linked below and got it 99% better. Im going to skip the external amp route for this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/24#post-7402916

#828 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

100% its only the sub. Made sure all wiring was correct and routed correctly. Still have static crackle at lower base levels. I followed the EQ settings from the post linked below and got it 99% better. Im going to skip the external amp route for this game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/24#post-7402916

Thanks SlapDrain ! I copied over these settings for the 10 ban EQ and the sound is so much better.

Thanks for posting that!

#829 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Been using this code for a couple days. Love the changes so far!

I've made a lot of additions over the last week or so - lots of extra videos (wait til you hit a super skill shot!) and some new callouts. If anyone wants to test it out send me a PM. Any suggestions for video or audio let me know and I'll make changes.

1 week later
#830 11 months ago

Hello everyone,im about to buy my first ever pin and im so hyped to get this one!Cant believe people put their nose over it just because its a ''home pin''.Someone know if the game is Insider Connected compatible?

#831 11 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Hello everyone,im about to buy my first ever pin and im so hyped to get this one!Cant believe people put their nose over it just because its a ''home pin''.Someone know if the game is Insider Connected compatible?

Congrats! It's an awesome machine for home with plenty of challenge to keep you coming back for more. It's a slippery slope, so be careful, as one pin has a way of becoming many

To answer your question, it isn't inside connected, but every time DeadFlip gets asked the question on a stream he leaves the door open to it. It uses the same CPU board as any other corner stone, so there isn't a hardware limitation preventing it. I could see them making a way for it to use home team so it wouldn't need a scanner, just the WiFi dongle. It would be cool to see a home only tournament with leader boards. Could maybe be something we see if they bring back home pins, which aren't currently in production right now.

#832 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Congrats! It's an awesome machine for home with plenty of challenge to keep you coming back for more. It's a slippery slope, so be careful, as one pin has a way of becoming many
To answer your question, it isn't inside connected, but every time DeadFlip gets asked the question on a stream he leaves the door open to it. It uses the same CPU board as any other corner stone, so there isn't a hardware limitation preventing it. I could see them making a way for it to use home team so it wouldn't need a scanner, just the WiFi dongle. It would be cool to see a home only tournament with leader boards. Could maybe be something we see if they bring back home pins, which aren't currently in production right now.

Thanks man,i saw almost all the videos about this game on youtube,im so ready.What kind of must mods you suggest for it?Side art decal and speaker are probably my only ones i can think of

#833 11 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Thanks man,i saw almost all the videos about this game on youtube,im so ready.What kind of must mods you suggest for it?Side art decal and speaker are probably my only ones i can think of

Yes, the subwoofer in the cab and second speaker in the backbox are essential. Side art is well worth it too. And then just update your code with my version and you're done!

#834 11 months ago

Joined the club.... Well, once it shows up. Snagged a new one from recent run, looking for opinions on leg washer colors, art blades (tilt?), custom code I'm reading about a bit, if I could get readers digest version of that as this will be connected I'm sure, and last.. Do I really need a quiet fan?

Excited for freight to arrive.

#835 11 months ago

I think any of the “sunset” variants of art blades look good but personally I’m a fan of this particular version.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-de-movie-sunset-pinball-sideblades/

#836 11 months ago

Next sign I am working on for my game room, by a local artist. If anyone wants one, PM and I can hook you up. Hand made from wood. Will post photos once I receive it. Here are the GZ and Mando signs she did for me. Great attention to detail and most have three layers of wood to add depth to the graphics. Size is about 18 x 26 inches.

B9176909-29CB-46F8-B585-78FF6648EE20 (resized).pngB9176909-29CB-46F8-B585-78FF6648EE20 (resized).png2C3F2758-5AD8-404D-B0F8-52CDD5073A29 (resized).jpeg2C3F2758-5AD8-404D-B0F8-52CDD5073A29 (resized).jpeg37C24B84-D938-454F-9CDA-A5B796860AD5 (resized).jpeg37C24B84-D938-454F-9CDA-A5B796860AD5 (resized).jpegAE556C0B-25D3-41D7-83FB-3D40405FC9A3 (resized).jpegAE556C0B-25D3-41D7-83FB-3D40405FC9A3 (resized).jpeg31E31534-C4FA-415E-91CE-321E85ED46A5 (resized).jpeg31E31534-C4FA-415E-91CE-321E85ED46A5 (resized).jpeg869E9082-9CE3-43AF-9364-47312BEB908B (resized).jpeg869E9082-9CE3-43AF-9364-47312BEB908B (resized).jpeg

869E9082-9CE3-43AF-9364-47312BEB908B (resized).jpeg869E9082-9CE3-43AF-9364-47312BEB908B (resized).jpeg2C3F2758-5AD8-404D-B0F8-52CDD5073A29 (resized).jpeg2C3F2758-5AD8-404D-B0F8-52CDD5073A29 (resized).jpeg
#837 11 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Heck yeah!!! Welcome to the club!
I genuinely love this game (biased I know but still…)
Insider is currently not available for the home games. That’s about all I’m able to say.

1 week later
#838 10 months ago

I ordered mine yesterday! Decided to give it a shot after watching JD play on twitch the other night and reading this thread. I needed another pin while I wait for IMDN(hopefully soon) and GZ next year. My only other pin Mando is pretty unforgiving for the casuals.
I got the target cliffys, art blades, and a cabinet speaker . I was following the guide posted on here but the website that had the molex connectors for the cabinet speaker are no longer taking orders. Does anyone else know where I can get the connectors to get the sub working with the board?

#839 10 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

I ordered mine yesterday! Decided to give it a shot after watching JD play on twitch the other night and reading this thread. I needed another pin while I wait for IMDN(hopefully soon) and GZ next year. My only other pin Mando is pretty unforgiving for the casuals.
I got the target cliffys, art blades, and a cabinet speaker . I was following the guide posted on here but the website that had the molex connectors for the cabinet speaker are no longer taking orders. Does anyone else know where I can get the connectors to get the sub working with the board?

Good choice, I think you will have a lot of fun with this one. Really underrated, solely because it has the "Home" branding attached to it. It will be a lot more forgiving than Mando, but it's certainly not an easy game either. Nice balance.

I sent you a few extra links but I know Georgiapinball was selling a speaker kit that had the wiring harness included. It says out of stock but maybe ping him if you want to go a more plug and play route.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1414-flipper-king-mods/07881-stern-home-pin-speaker-upgrade-kit

#840 10 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

Does anyone else know where I can get the connectors to get the sub working with the board?

I'm preeeeeetty sure it is this guy
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/0430610013?qs=%252BdQmOuGyFcHBGMR93CJw2Q%3D%3D

if not, there is an ebay kit for $10 that'll get you there.
ebay.com link: itm

#841 10 months ago

Thanks guys appreciate all the great info.

#842 10 months ago

Any secret wizard mode if the "Restore Power" is complete?

#843 10 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Any secret wizard mode if the "Restore Power" is complete?

I think there are just the 2 wizard modes

#844 10 months ago

I've messaged most people who've expressed an interest, but anyone else is welcome to try the new version of my updated code (movie call outs & videos). i've also increased the range of ball-save time and number of balls which helps if you're practising. just send me a pm if you're interested.

#845 10 months ago
Quoted from huwman:

I've messaged most people who've expressed an interest, but anyone else is welcome to try the new version of my updated code (movie call outs & videos). i've also increased the range of ball-save time and number of balls which helps if you're practising. just send me a pm if you're interested.

i would love to try it out but im not sure i want to lose my highscores. i would love to see some video of the code if you are anyone else would like to show it off.

#846 10 months ago

It’s here! Played for about three hours last night. Had an absolute blast on it. Really fun shots and the small screen doesn’t bother me too much. The playfield is way too dim for me though. Need to scroll though the thread for various solutions. I got the jeep installed (very cool easy mod) and the movie code and cabinet speaker going in later today. Maiden premium parking next door to it hopefully in a few weeks.

6705E43B-2914-429B-8F24-3BE33725E9E7 (resized).jpeg6705E43B-2914-429B-8F24-3BE33725E9E7 (resized).jpeg
#847 10 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:It’s here! Played for about three hours last night. Had an absolute blast on it. Really fun shots and the small screen doesn’t bother me too much. The playfield is way too dim for me though. Need to scroll though the thread for various solutions. I got the jeep installed (very cool easy mod) and the movie code and cabinet speaker going in later today. Maiden premium parking next door to it hopefully in a few weeks.
[quoted image]

I think the best solution to brighten up the playfield are Comet spotlights on the slingshots. Easy to install and brighten up the center of playfield without over doing it. I use the 5 led diode bulbs in the sunlight spectrum and they blend in with the rest of the GI nicely.

IMG_0656 (resized).jpegIMG_0656 (resized).jpeg
#848 10 months ago
Quoted from stompeN:

It’s here! Played for about three hours last night. Had an absolute blast on it. Really fun shots and the small screen doesn’t bother me too much. The playfield is way too dim for me though. Need to scroll though the thread for various solutions. I got the jeep installed (very cool easy mod) and the movie code and cabinet speaker going in later today. Maiden premium parking next door to it hopefully in a few weeks.
[quoted image]

Add some of the matrix spot lights to the slings . They help a ton. Search my posts on here I think I have a post on here somewhere

#849 10 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

i would love to try it out but im not sure i want to lose my highscores. i would love to see some video of the code if you are anyone else would like to show it off.

I Streamed the previous version a while back:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1809879782

#850 10 months ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I think the best solution to brighten up the playfield are Comet spotlights on the slingshots. Easy to install and brighten up the center of playfield without over doing it. I use the 5 led diode bulbs in the sunlight spectrum and they blend in with the rest of the GI nicely.
[quoted image]

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Add some of the matrix spot lights to the slings . They help a ton. Search my posts on here I think I have a post on here somewhere

I did right sling and Raptor pen. You can see them in the twitch link i posted above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 1,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.