(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,090 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by VGC1612
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That turned out great. Did you make the design yourself? Would you consider sharing the stl for personal use?

Hi Bigguybbr, thanks
It's a remix from a great guy on thingverse.

Here is my remixed files Enjoy !!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5864090

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

A couple of hours and I have a nice new cabinet.
[quoted image]

bigguybbr Do you need your old front panel still from your cabinet?

I think we talked about it awhile back. I'm still waiting on my replacement, not sure it will ever come...

#653 1 year ago

Just had a ball over top the drop targets as they shot back up which the shot the ball up hitting the glass. The sound scared the crap out of me!

#654 1 year ago

This kit will upgrade your Stern Home Pin form a 1 speaker setup to a 3 speaker setup. This will make your Home Pin have the same speakers used in the Pro and Premium model Stern games. This kit comes with 2 speakers and is plug and play.

For Sale in my store

014518D2-E731-4B04-BE5B-C31BF55E47FF (resized).jpeg014518D2-E731-4B04-BE5B-C31BF55E47FF (resized).jpeg
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

This kit will upgrade your Stern Home Pin form a 1 speaker setup to a 3 speaker setup. This will make your Home Pin have the same speakers used in the Pro and Premium model Stern games. This kit comes with 2 speakers and is plug and play.
For Sale in my store
[quoted image]

Nice! It’s basically the kit Stern mentioned they would sell a couple of years back.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

bigguybbr Do you need your old front panel still from your cabinet?
I think we talked about it awhile back. I'm still waiting on my replacement, not sure it will ever come...

I was trying to remember who it was I talked to about it. PM me your address and we’ll work out how to ship it to you.

#658 1 year ago

Cool. I actually wrote a guide on speaker installation in this thread. I’m good, but others can definitely benefit.

#660 1 year ago

Home Pins use the same standard body size glass as regular Stern pins.

#661 1 year ago

Thanks @
solid_snake i didnt know that !

Quoted from solid_snake:

Home Pins use the same standard body size glass as regular Stern pins.

#662 1 year ago

This may sound obvious but make sure you get ALL the glass off the playfield. I drove to buy a Bad Cats once that was in pristine condition...except the sanded playfield. The casual owner didn't realize there was some glass left after a breakage and it ruined it.

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

This may sound obvious but make sure you get ALL the glass off the playfield. I drove to buy a Bad Cats once that was in pristine condition...except the sanded playfield. The casual owner didn't realize there was some glass left after a breakage and it ruined it.

Oh yes , you are right , i have to unmount all ! Had thé same issue with à data east i receive and Take me 1 months to clean it correct (bumper, méch....).

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

For some reason KrisGonzo second video isn't under his videos or at least I couldn't find it there. I did track it down tho if anyone is interested in listening
https://www.youtube.com/live/ASdcakSnIYU?feature=share

Thanks very much.

I think it's because we went live for that particular video so it doesn't show up on the main page.

#665 1 year ago

FYI I just asked Gomez on Jack's stream if the home pins are getting insider and he said yes!

#666 1 year ago

Hi all,

Great news for insider ! Cant wait to play the game !

QUestion : to add a speaker and a subwoofer , what should be the ohms ? 4 or 8 ?

Thanks all

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi all,
Great news for insider ! Cant wait to play the game !
QUestion : to add a speaker and a subwoofer , what should be the ohms ? 4 or 8 ?
Thanks all

You can use either 4 or 8. There is a setting in the menu to change between the two. I used an 8 ohm in my build.

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You can use either 4 or 8. There is a setting in the menu to change between the two. I used an 8 ohm in my build.

Hi, thanks for your fast answer

Thats cool

#669 1 year ago

8ohms for best results. If you need a speaker kit mine is plug and play.

#670 1 year ago

Thanks georgiapinball for answer

When i have the kit, i need to put thé left speaker with the right speaker on the same connector 5 pins on the cpu.

Subwoofer Will be on the 2pins on the left of the cpu Alone ? Thats it ?

Thanks

#671 1 year ago

Is the amount of time allowed to select the smart bomb prize adjustable?

#672 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is the amount of time allowed to select the smart bomb prize adjustable?

I believe you are looking for the jp cornerstone thread

#673 1 year ago

Hey fellow pinhead,
I emailed a company to see if they would make plastic protectors for the plastic on the slings for our JDJP and it got me thinking. Are there any mods out there you wish would come to our humble pin? Some metal side rails would be sweet. I wonder if any stern side rails would fit. Can you guys think of anything else?

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I believe you are looking for the jp cornerstone thread

Correct my bad sorry!

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Hey fellow pinhead,
I emailed a company to see if they would make plastic protectors for the plastic on the slings for our JDJP and it got me thinking. Are there any mods out there you wish would come to our humble pin? Some metal side rails would be sweet. I wonder if any stern side rails would fit. Can you guys think of anything else?

I put metal side rails on mine. I used a stock set I had from another Stern machine but it should be fairly easy to find a set from someone who upgraded their machine. Had to cut them down about 1 inch. I used the existing holes to screw rails into place. Only have to order two playfield glass channels, https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-extrusion-playfield-glass-sides-all-game.html, that fit into the same slot your plastic rails used to fit into. You then have the same process to remove playfield glass as all other Stern machines. The Lockdown bar also still fits great and you don’t have to worry about the original plastic rails sliding around when removing or installing the glass.

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I put metal side rails on mine. I used a stock set I had from another Stern machine but it should be fairly easy to find a set from someone who upgraded their machine. Had to cut them down about 1 inch. I used the existing holes to screw rails into place. Only have to order two playfield glass channels, https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-glass-side-rail-plastic-channel.html, that fit into the same slot your plastic rails used to fit into. You then have the same process to remove playfield glass as all other Stern machines. The Lockdown bar also still fits great and you don’t have to worry about the original plastic rails sliding around when removing or installing the glass.

Im interested in this. I have a stock set of rails laying around. Which end did you cut and did you need to cut it at an angle or in a special way?

Just finishing up my display upgrade:
240C623B-7AE9-4144-8601-97DC4BD4799F (resized).jpeg240C623B-7AE9-4144-8601-97DC4BD4799F (resized).jpegDA76F7BC-A32D-447A-9DA7-178A43AD88E3 (resized).jpegDA76F7BC-A32D-447A-9DA7-178A43AD88E3 (resized).jpeg

45BCE38D-9D50-48ED-A197-4538E058DB22 (resized).jpeg45BCE38D-9D50-48ED-A197-4538E058DB22 (resized).jpeg
#677 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Im interested in this. I have a stock set of rails laying around. Which end did you cut and did you need to cut it at an angle or in a special way?
Just finishing up my display upgrade:[quoted image][quoted image]

I cut the bottom but it really doesn’t matter. Just a straight cut, no angle needed. I also used double sided tape on the top side of the plastic channel to hold it tightly against the metal side rails.
802F1FAF-B94D-479F-8315-14218DCA40FE (resized).jpeg802F1FAF-B94D-479F-8315-14218DCA40FE (resized).jpegD6B2A12A-79C5-43E2-AF62-B328E139993D (resized).jpegD6B2A12A-79C5-43E2-AF62-B328E139993D (resized).jpeg

02D4B6C9-34B0-43CC-8197-961DC79F2A39 (resized).jpeg02D4B6C9-34B0-43CC-8197-961DC79F2A39 (resized).jpeg
#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I cut the bottom but it really doesn’t matter. Just a straight cut, no angle needed. I also used double sided tape on the top side of the plastic channel to hold it tightly against the metal side rails.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Perfect thanks for the pics!

#679 1 year ago

Stern Home Pin Speaker kits available! Converts you home pin to the same system as a pro or premium model. Available in my store.

0BB49745-D2E6-46D1-8B8A-4CA5AD0E684A (resized).jpeg0BB49745-D2E6-46D1-8B8A-4CA5AD0E684A (resized).jpeg27BE0402-27F9-44FC-9D2C-17F23439AA45 (resized).jpeg27BE0402-27F9-44FC-9D2C-17F23439AA45 (resized).jpeg2C51CE0F-0B76-4E9C-808E-BFBB33326372 (resized).jpeg2C51CE0F-0B76-4E9C-808E-BFBB33326372 (resized).jpeg5774C5BB-542A-4924-887C-D5927B17EB55 (resized).jpeg5774C5BB-542A-4924-887C-D5927B17EB55 (resized).jpeg

#680 1 year ago

In the 20 mil club now! Just did both wizard modes on one game.

signal-2023-02-26-17-11-41-109 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-02-26-17-11-41-109 (resized).jpg

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

[quoted image]

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

[quoted image]

Way to go!

#683 1 year ago

Yup metal side rails are the way to go.

DA677D39-DA36-437E-819D-67DD17F5D8FF (resized).jpegDA677D39-DA36-437E-819D-67DD17F5D8FF (resized).jpeg
#684 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Yup metal side rails are the way to go.
[quoted image]

That looks great! I have an extra set of rails - did you use a miter saw to cut?

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

That looks great! I have an extra set of rails - did you use a miter saw to cut?

I used tin snips because I didn’t want to wake anyone up. It’s pretty thin metal a dremal with cutoff wheel would easily do the trick. I put the cut end is behind the hinge so you won’t even see it.

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I used tin snips because I didn’t want to wake anyone up. It’s pretty thin metal a dremal with cutoff wheel would easily do the trick. I put the cut end is behind the hinge so you won’t even see it.

Awesome, thank you! I can't seem to find the original screws for the side rails, these should do I think? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-side-armor-screws-8-x-12.html

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Awesome, thank you! I can't seem to find the original screws for the side rails, these should do I think? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-side-armor-screws-8-x-12.html

Yes those will work fine

#688 1 year ago

Love this game. The loud noises and clanking make it better.

#690 1 year ago

Hi everyone! Just reaching out to see your thoughts on this home pin. I tried it about a year ago at my distributor mixed in with various cornerstones around it. I remember it being a fun game going against those also on display. I’ve owned a JP premium, LZ premium and ST pro in recent years. I want this to stick around for many years of family enjoyment. Because of the pricing lately, this is the route that’s comfortable for us. My biggest concerns are the mdf playfield and particle board cabinet. Have you guys noticed much wear and tear on the game? I feel like the various parts on the playfield would come loose quickly with heavy play etc. I appreciate your feedback in advance. Thank you all! This is a wonderful/helpful community to be a part of. I feel like I’ll be moving forward on one of these in the coming weeks.

Regards,

John

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hi everyone! Just reaching out to see your thoughts on this home pin. I tried it about a year ago at my distributor mixed in with various cornerstones around it. I remember it being a fun game going against those also on display. I’ve owned a JP premium, LZ premium and ST pro in recent years. I want this to stick around for many years of family enjoyment. Because of the pricing lately, this is the route that’s comfortable for us. My biggest concerns are the mdf playfield and particle board cabinet. Have you guys noticed much wear and tear on the game? I feel like the various parts on the playfield would come loose quickly with heavy play etc. I appreciate your feedback in advance. Thank you all! This is a wonderful/helpful community to be a part of. I feel like I’ll be moving forward on one of these in the coming weeks.
Regards,
John

I have over 1000 games on mine and I swear the playfield looks better than my recent cornerstone games I just got with less plays. No dimples, no orange peel or rippling, looks great. No issues with the cabinet either.

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I have over 1000 games on mine and I swear the playfield looks better than my recent cornerstone games I just got with less plays. No dimples, no orange peel or rippling, looks great. No issues with the cabinet either.

Yup, I second this. I'm at 3000 plays and nothing really has gone loose and zero dumpling. Which is impressive cause that one area takes a beating with balls not making the jump.

#693 1 year ago

Hi everybody , i finish cleaning, put titan rubber and change the screen , speaker and lots of other thing ...
First play tonight , what à blast ! This is really fun ! Bravo Jack !

The game is fast , very very ! Lots of air ball time and the ball fly accross the game ....
For the playfield quality, it doesn't like glasses

Now need to put à subwoofer and à glass on it !
20230304_174216 (resized).jpg20230304_174216 (resized).jpg

#694 1 year ago

Hi, all. I’ve seen the various issues people are having with the T-Rex toy but mine might be a little different(?) The ball gets stuck in his mouth and then after a while the game goes into lost ball mode, the drop down targets are reset, and then the ball comes out of his mouth and nothing gets registered toward multiball. So, essentially my T-Rex is useless.

I am a total noob and this is my first pin, so I have no idea how to fix this, but I am motivated to jump right in and get my hands dirty and learn all I can. Can someone get me started with the basics of troubleshooting this issue?

P.S. I ran a coil test and it seems to be working as it should but not during gameplay. I mean I don’t know what the coil test should look like, but he opens and closes his mouth when I press the button.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Karnevil9:

Hi, all. I’ve seen the various issues people are having with the T-Rex toy but mine might be a little different(?) The ball gets stuck in his mouth and then after a while the game goes into lost ball mode, the drop down targets are reset, and then the ball comes out of his mouth and nothing gets registered toward multiball. So, essentially my T-Rex is useless.
I am a total noob and this is my first pin, so I have no idea how to fix this, but I am motivated to jump right in and get my hands dirty and learn all I can. Can someone get me started with the basics of troubleshooting this issue?
P.S. I ran a coil test and it seems to be working as it should but not during gameplay. I mean I don’t know what the coil test should look like, but he opens and closes his mouth when I press the button.

It sounds like your Trex Jaw opto is not registering. The game doesn't know you made the shot, then the ball save is triggered because a switch hasn't been hit in awhile.

Go into switch test, put a ball up into the trex shot and see if it registers.

Clean the opto transmitter and receiver. It's possible you have a bad solder joint on one of the opto boards though. You can follow the Trex removal guide in this thread to gain access.

#696 1 year ago

It sounds like your Trex Jaw opto is not registering. The game doesn't know you made the shot, then the ball save is triggered because a switch hasn't been hit in awhile.
Clean the opto transmitter and receiver. It's possible you have a bad solder joint on one of the opto boards though. You can follow the Trex removal guide in this thread to gain access.

Thanks! Yeah, it’s not registering anything. I will take your advice and take it off and see what I can see.

Another quick question: Is there tool I can buy that will help me easily unplug those molex connectors? I am missing my left thumb and I’m finding this simple task to be quite a challenge. I might have to make my own tool if there’s nothing out there to buy.

#697 1 year ago

Well, I took the whole jaw assembly apart to get at the optos. It’s not gonna be fun trying to put it all back together. Then I saw the broken solders on the receiver board. I don’t know if I did that when I was pulling it out, but either way I have to find someone who can solder this for me before I can play again ☹️

595AAE7F-406B-4775-BA74-0BA024890A80 (resized).jpeg595AAE7F-406B-4775-BA74-0BA024890A80 (resized).jpeg
#698 1 year ago

Clean the opto transmitter and receiver.

Is the transmitter the glass bulb and the receiver is what’s in that picture? Just a hole? I can clean the bulb but I’m not sure what you mean by cleaning the opto receiver.

#699 1 year ago

Here is a link to the receiver board (one your holding)

And I’ll post a link to pictures of the transmitter board too.

Looks to me like the little part in the center top part of the board, up near the “horns” on each board are the light and receiver unit.

One sends out invisible light, while the other sees that light, when the beam of invisible light is broken (ball in its path) the board knows the ball is there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/14?hl=stlokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.