(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 481 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by bigguybbr
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220828_160700 (resized).jpg
6or27x (resized).jpg
signal-2022-07-19-23-34-48-210 (resized).jpg
3EDD5B33-E150-4D3E-B04F-0BAF7061342C.gif
F1B0A88E-25D2-4554-8FD3-8E156FA58FBC (resized).jpeg
BDE4CB06-FC61-453A-B508-BED21A9580E7 (resized).jpeg
187CD99A-4710-4569-A3CF-40FF7ACC83D9 (resized).jpeg
signal-2022-07-03-12-46-11-704 (resized).jpg
BA73095E-BC54-4A5D-BB02-2C6884F0E6EC (resized).jpeg
90D14CFC-09AF-4E14-9300-709CC2AA557C (resized).jpeg
20220629_235043 (resized).jpg
EF3FCFAF-CAD7-497C-B3B2-9FB5992E6F92 (resized).jpeg
GC (resized).png
20220605_172407 (resized).jpg
20220605_172414 (resized).jpg
93A200CE-190A-43CE-8803-925362B608FA (resized).jpeg

There are 481 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 69 days ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Anyone know what’s going on here? Whenever I let go of the right flipper button, it slowly goes back into place rather than snapping right back to the neutral down position. I got my machine back in November, and I’ve been playing it fairly regularly.
I guess I need a new coil? I’ve never had a flipper go out in my ten years of owning a machine (I know I’m blessed) so this is new territory for me.

I would take a look under the playfield before you order anything. You could have had a coil stop come loose and now the plunger is rubbing.

#452 69 days ago

So for anyone that might be reading through this thread.And thinking about JDJP. I owned this table for about 5 month. Had it take its licks for two days at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show. And that table now will spend its days at the Deadflip studios. Reasons for not keeping this table. I live in a 600 square foot apartment. And if I lived someplace bigger it would still be in my collection. So with that being said. I give you Jurassic Park Home Edition review.

#453 69 days ago

Anyone know what’s going on here? Whenever I let go of the right flipper button, it slowly goes back into place rather than snapping right back to the neutral down position. I got my machine back in November, and I’ve been playing it fairly regularly.
I guess I need a new coil? I’ve never had a flipper go out in my ten years of owning a machine (I know I’m blessed) so this is new territory for me.

I had that a few years ago on my met pro. Flipper reacting the same way you described (slowly getting back in place). It was the rod holding the flipper that in time was chewed up. I had to change it but in my case it was worse because the coil burned and I had smoke all over the place under the glass. Terrible smell I remember. It even short circuit so I had to have a chip on the board changed also.

#454 69 days ago

My right flipper was getting stuck up. I'm completely a newbie with all this stuff so I looked some stuff online. Since it would stick up when the machine got turned off I figured it wasn't anything mechanical. I saw somewhere someone suggested kinda gently wiggling the flipper up towards me and then to the playfield. There isn't much play there. I then pressed it down towards the playfield. It stopped doing that and it's probably been like 500 games since then. I think it was getting stuck when it was up.

#455 67 days ago

Finally got the grand champ score on my machine! I was one rescue a away from starting restore power too. I love this pin!

signal-2022-07-19-23-34-48-210 (resized).jpg
#456 66 days ago

Anyone know of any dealers that have a premium available?

#457 66 days ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Anyone know of any dealers that have a premium available?

No such thing as a premium home. Guessing you have the wrong thread. Bunch of premium cornerstones available on the market place

#458 66 days ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Finally got the grand champ score on my machine! I was one rescue a away from starting restore power too. I love this pin!
[quoted image]

Great job! I’m temporarily in BVI (don’t cry for me) but I’m going to do my best to put up a gc score when I get back to my machines

#459 65 days ago

I'm looking at JDJP for my first pin at home. Buttering up my wife. I was able to play a few games on a friends and it's a fun shooter.

1 week later
#460 54 days ago

I wonder if the rumored IC update for home pins is still on the horizon with the SW home hitting the line in October and JDJP hitting the line in November.

#461 53 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I wonder if the rumored IC update for home pins is still on the horizon with the SW home hitting the line in October and JDJP hitting the line in November.

Hope so. Can't wait to get one.

#462 53 days ago

After playing a couple games today I went into the service menu and there was a technical alert. It's for the left slingshot switch. I had never seen one of those. I fiddled around in the menu and cleared the error by saying the left sling switch is "in service". I really had no idea what I was doing. I don't think I messed with anything else but I'm not 100% sure. So i started a game and noticed the left slingshot was not working. I opened it up and took a look. The leaf switch on the left looked like it was making constant contact. So I spread the switch apart and cleaned the switch with alcohol and it still didn't work. There is for sure a gap now but I cannot get the switch to activate. The coil is working so its just that switch. Anyone have any ideas what else I should do?

#463 53 days ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

After playing a couple games today I went into the service menu and there was a technical alert. It's for the left slingshot switch. I had never seen one of those. I fiddled around in the menu and cleared the error by saying the left sling switch is "in service". I really had no idea what I was doing. I don't think I messed with anything else but I'm not 100% sure. So i started a game and noticed the left slingshot was not working. I opened it up and took a look. The leaf switch on the left looked like it was making constant contact. So I spread the switch apart and cleaned the switch with alcohol and it still didn't work. There is for sure a gap now but I cannot get the switch to activate. The coil is working so its just that switch. Anyone have any ideas what else I should do?

So I figured it out. I found out where the wire connects to the board and noticed a wire was barely sticking out further than it should. I pushed it in and its working. Haha pretty basic but I'm glad i fixed it.

6or27x (resized).jpg
#464 52 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

With last night's code updates to add home team features to the IC connected corner stone games, this feels like the home pins could have a clear path to integrating this feature.

If they can get this available in Q4, a holidays home tournament would be pretty amazing.

#465 52 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

With last night's code updates to add home team features to the IC connected corner stone games, this feels like the home pins could have a clear path to integrating this feature.
If they can get this available in Q4, a holidays home tournament would be pretty amazing.

I really hope that they add this. Though from a technical standpoint, the Home Team implementation still requires a scanner to feed accounts into the machine. I think that before we see IC on JDJP, we would have to see software updates to their web app that allows users to add IC accounts to their registered machines or stern creates a retrofit for scanners on the home pin. Point being, they still have a bit of work to do before they can add IC to home-pins. But hopefully its in the works.

#466 52 days ago
Quoted from Sphodgin:

I really hope that they add this. Though from a technical standpoint, the Home Team implementation still requires a scanner to feed accounts into the machine. I think that before we see IC on JDJP, we would have to see software updates to their web app that allows users to add IC accounts to their registered machines or stern creates a retrofit for scanners on the home pin. Point being, they still have a bit of work to do before they can add IC to home-pins. But hopefully its in the works.

They showed off a function in the Home team IC implementation that will include all your home team users across your game room collection, meaning you don't need to scan QRs on each machine to add to your home team.

So there is a way to have a user on a machine without having to scan in theory. That said, you would still need an 802.11 WiFi USB adapter to get a home pin online unless you connect to the RJ45 LAN port directly.

#467 52 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

They showed off a function in the Home team IC implementation that will include all your home team users across your game room collection

Oh thats cool!

#468 47 days ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

[quoted image]

Yoooooo 16?!?!
Congrats!

#469 41 days ago

Love the pin, but am continually frustrated by banging into the two rubber bumpers separating the three lanes on the left side of the game. Was wondering if there is a way to turn down the flipper speed? (Don't think so). Also, not quite sure what "slingshot power" does in the adjustments.
Thanks.

#470 41 days ago
Quoted from Tmendo:

Love the pin, but am continually frustrated by banging into the two rubber bumpers separating the three lanes on the left side of the game. Was wondering if there is a way to turn down the flipper speed? (Don't think so). Also, not quite sure what "slingshot power" does in the adjustments.
Thanks.

There is an adjustment for flipper power that you can turn down. Coils don’t have a speed setting, but you can lower the power to them if you feel it is too high and it will reduce the force it imparts on the ball making it slower. You might run into issues with making the jump ramp if you turn it down too low, especially on the backhand.

The slingshot power adjusts the lower slingshots (the triangular bumpers just a over your flippers). If you lower the power, it’ll be less likely to kick the ball into the out lanes and will slow down the game some.

Added 41 days ago:

There isn't a setting on this machine to change the flipper power. I was wrong...

"I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good looking. I'm not very attractive." -Happy Gilmore-

#471 41 days ago

I still can't identify which adjustment in Feature Adjustments is for flipper power.
Thanks

#472 40 days ago
Quoted from Tmendo:

I still can't identify which adjustment in Feature Adjustments is for flipper power.
Thanks

For some reason there is not an option on this machine for “flipper power adjustment”. It seems to me they are already set fairly low with the factory setting compared to other newer Stern machines. Probably has to do with them limiting the power usage on this machine.

#473 40 days ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

For some reason there is not an option on this machine for “flipper power adjustment”. It seems to me they are already set fairly low with the factory setting compared to other newer Stern machines. Probably has to do with them limiting the power usage on this machine.

Interesting. I noticed a lot of the standard adjustments are missing from the menu, which makes sense because who needs any of the coin mech options. I wonder if it was just left out, or if it is a limitation of the single node board. I would have to stare harder at the underside of one of my cornerstones to see if flipper coils and slings are on separate nodes.

I never noticed before because I really like how snappy and fast the game is as set up, so I never thought to change it.

1 week later
#474 29 days ago

Well we wait for sterns announcement I've been thinking about what a Godzilla home pin rethemed from JDJP could be and I think I may have figured it out. So the layout is basically the same. Instead of the trex head there's a Godzilla head that works the same. The game with be mode based where Godzilla will be battling other kaiju. There will be something like five bosses and a final boss. To start a mode you hit the Godzilla 180 ramp and select which boss you want to fight. Godzilla then spits out the ball. Each boss will require certain lanes to hit. Each lane is basically a Godzilla attack. The short ramp could be a tail whip, that would be sweet. Once you wear the opponent down you hit the Godzilla ramp to get a heat ray attack. He spits out the ball with a cool lighting effect like he just did his heat ray breathe. To start another boss you hit the 180 ramp again and continue. A idea for a multi ball would be like a mothra comes to help you and you get two balls to help beat up your enemy. What you guys think?

#475 29 days ago

That would work

#476 27 days ago

Hey guys,
I was having issues with the drop targets dropping on a fast direct hit. I found the solution that is working for me. There isn't enough tension on the spring so I lifted it up a bit on the notch. Works great now!

20220828_160700 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#477 20 days ago

One of my favorite things about this pin is the layout, specifically how you can hit almost every shot from either your forehand or backhand, even orbits (I haven't figured out how to backhand the raptor paddock, but that's it). It really gives you as a player a lot of freedom in how you approach making your shots, as you can really hit almost anything for anywhere, while still being set up to post pass freely and easily and select how you want to approach your next shot.

My question is, are there any other pin layouts like this where you have that same freedom to hit almost every shot from either flipper?

I have 4 cornerstones other than JDJP that I love (GOTG Pro, DP Pro, Mando Pro, AIQ Pro) but I probably put more games on JDJP because I find it more engaging to play and get creative with how to approach making shots. I love focusing on rescuing staff because it forces me to try to chain shots in a non-prescribed order from game to game which keeps it from feeling like you get in a rut trying to make the same shots in the same manner over and over.

#478 15 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

One of my favorite things about this pin is the layout, specifically how you can hit almost every shot from either your forehand or backhand, even orbits (I haven't figured out how to backhand the raptor paddock, but that's it). It really gives you as a player a lot of freedom in how you approach making your shots, as you can really hit almost anything for anywhere, while still being set up to post pass freely and easily and select how you want to approach your next shot.
My question is, are there any other pin layouts like this where you have that same freedom to hit almost every shot from either flipper?
I have 4 cornerstones other than JDJP that I love (GOTG Pro, DP Pro, Mando Pro, AIQ Pro) but I probably put more games on JDJP because I find it more engaging to play and get creative with how to approach making shots. I love focusing on rescuing staff because it forces me to try to chain shots in a non-prescribed order from game to game which keeps it from feeling like you get in a rut trying to make the same shots in the same manner over and over.

What a rad compliment! <3 Glad you're digging the game!
The machine I used to LOVE to teach people how to play pinball on due to all the shots being forehand and backhand accessible is AC/DC!
Check it out!

#479 15 days ago

Nice! I don’t know if I ever noticed that on AC/DC since I always played it on Visual Pinball

1 week later
#480 2 days ago

Did Stern just up the price 500. It looks like I'll be getting my deposit back if I have to pony up another 5.

#481 2 days ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Did Stern just up the price 500. It looks like I'll be getting my deposit back if I have to pony up another 5.

I would talk to your distributor. They might work with you. I don’t think this is hitting the production line till November anyways so it’ll be a little while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 481 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!