IMG_2488 (resized).JPG
IMG_2484 (resized).JPG
IMG_2483 (resized).JPG
IMG_2480 (resized).JPG
IMG_2474 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2476 (resized).JPG
IMG_2471 (resized).JPG
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

Fair point. I hadn't really considered that. Hopefully, since I have one near me, they will be ok with having him repair it.

Also, you can use the map to search for pinsiders in your area who are willing to make "house calls." I have done that several times with success. Please let us know how it goes.

#52 2 years ago

Just a note on Christmas Day to affirm how much I and others are enjoying this game. Since I have owned the JP LE for two years in the past and played the Pro plenty, I think one of the coolest features of the home edition is the challenge of getting the three drop targets down in front of the T-Rex and then the satisfying simplicity of the ball release from the dropping T-Rex jaw. Nifty raptor pen adaptation also. Yes, I LOVE the Elwin design and ruleset and of course nothing can compare, but the truth is I had to adjust the T-Rex on the LE a good bit with the recommended fixes and repair it twice, and I still couldn't get the ball to stick in the mouth every time, which is frustrating, and the static head on the Pro just seems a wasted decoration. Don't get me wrong--I understand the home edition certainly isn't for everyone and only time will tell how proven it is in relation to durability and service, but I love the JP title in all its renditions, as do kids and grown-ups alike.

Also, I want to give mad props to MAD pinball, established just last year, as a Stern distributor who gives, as promised, "insane customer service." Although most everything in MAD pinball's stock is sold out, the site does note that the JP home edition is in stock and ready to ship, and based on my experience I believe it. A few weeks back, I PMed the owner, Rob, who is a pinsider, several times on a Sunday with questions and got quick and helpful answers, placed my order later that day, received status communications on Monday and Wednesday, and on Friday I had the machine. I've bought about a dozen NIBs for myself or on behalf of others from other distributors, and I've never had such a positive experience. So kudos to Rob at MAD pinball. If he says that he has a title available, buy with confidence.

https://www.madpinball.com/

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

That's what Stern have suggested is the problem. I tightened it. Still triggering from vibration. The T-Rex head has also shit the bed now. Ball goes in, mouth closes and ball doesn't come out. They suggest I remove the head and tighten that opto also. Correct me if I'm wrong, as this is my first NIB machine (and only my second ever machine) but shouldn't they be responsible for having a technician fix these issues? I have no idea how to remove the T-Rex head and don't feel comfortable taking apart a machine that's a week old and potentially messing it up even more.

I know they have done that in the past. My Tron worked for the first night and then was dead. They recommended a few things and then ultimately sent out a local repair person to fix it.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I know they have done that in the past. My Tron worked for the first night and then was dead. They recommended a few things and then ultimately sent out a local repair person to fix it.

Cool. Thanks. Good to know. Thanks for posting.

3 weeks later
#55 2 years ago

After 6 weeks of tearing my hair out trying to figure out the problem, we finally nailed it. A spotlight at the back of the playfield was directed at the opto. The vibration of game play was making it trigger the opto. We redirected the spotlight and, voila, problem solved.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

After 6 weeks of tearing my hair out trying to figure out the problem, we finally nailed it. A spotlight at the back of the playfield was directed at the opto. The vibration of game play was making it trigger the opto. We redirected the spotlight and, voila, problem solved.

WOW! Thanks for letting us know. A hard lesson to learn, but you've saved others from the same fate. Thanks so much.

I'm sure you couldn't find much humor in this saga, but it reminded me of a recent TNT Todd Tuckey video I saw with Todd demonstrating one of the characteristics of the much-maligned (but still loved by some) Vacation America--an early home pin by Chicago Gaming that used one-piece transceiver optos all over the playfield rollover areas rather than switches. The problem is that if you just shine a flashlight over the optos you get the award, right through the glass! (Don't tell the kids.)

Again, congrats and thanks for sharing.

8 months later
#57 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my JP and SW Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Does anyone know if there is also a Spider-man Home Edition Club? Just acquired that game along with my JP and SW Home Editions, but I'm not finding one for the home Spidey.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-a-new-spider-man-pinball/page/10
This is the closest one I could find

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

That's what Stern have suggested is the problem. I tightened it. Still triggering from vibration. The T-Rex head has also shit the bed now. Ball goes in, mouth closes and ball doesn't come out. They suggest I remove the head and tighten that opto also. Correct me if I'm wrong, as this is my first NIB machine (and only my second ever machine) but shouldn't they be responsible for having a technician fix these issues? I have no idea how to remove the T-Rex head and don't feel comfortable taking apart a machine that's a week old and potentially messing it up even more.

Good luck!

2 months later
#61 1 year ago

I need a node board repair for my Spider-man HE. Aware of anyone that can do node board repair? I'm not confident about getting timely action from Stern for this title.

2 weeks later
#62 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Joeschall, I see you have SW home edition and JP home? How do you like the Star Wars home edition? I saw some gameplay and it looked really fun, but the layout and rules seemed a little too similar to JP home. Drop bank in front of the Death Star and then it triggers multi ball similar to drop bank T. rex then multi ball. It looks fun though and I only watched about ten minutes of it.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Man_CRNA:

Joeschall, I see you have SW home edition and JP home? How do you like the Star Wars home edition? I saw some gameplay and it looked really fun, but the layout and rules seemed a little too similar to JP home. Drop bank in front of the Death Star and then it triggers multi ball similar to drop bank T. rex then multi ball. It looks fun though and I only watched about ten minutes of it.

My buddy has it. It's fun. The multiball is way easier to get. Rules are simple like jp but there's less to go for. Ours has two wizard modes where it only has one. Great call outs and movie clips. I feel like it's different enough from jp.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Man_CRNA:

Yes, I have both machines and I'd say they play very differently from each other. The SW has a pretty cool R2D2 switch-activated "captive ball" ball lock (for a two-ball or three-ball multiball) right in the middle, and the modes are pretty easy to complete. Good fun, including for kids. The JP drop targets and the opening T-Rex jaws after a ball lock, along with a neatly switch-activated raptor pen on the right side, make it an interesting and more challenging layout than SW, and the ruleset for JP is deeper and harder to achieve. And since it's a Jack Danger game, I feel that Stern and Jack himself are specifically invested in supporting the JP, as evidenced by the recent code update.

For both games, the materials quality is lesser in relation to the cabinet, playfield, side rails, and sound (one speaker only), but otherwise I have been impressed with both games and they certainly feel like a "real machine" when you play. I've looked under the hood and been impressed with the build quality, and both machines have been played hundreds of times with no operational issues.

Hope that helps.

5 months later
#65 10 months ago

Comparison 3.5-minute video with the Star Wars Home Edition on the left (movie art) and the same machine (comic art) on the right. The left machine has the mod installed with the upgraded full-sized Stern display with the larger monitor and stereo Kenwood speakers; the right machine has the original much smaller display with the factory single speaker. After installing the mod, I just had to have the translite and glass cut down to size at a local glass shop. Though pricey, IMO this mod is definitely worth the cost for the enhanced video and audio quality. The same mod is also available from a pinsider for the Jurassic Park Home Edition.

A few pix as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SW1 (resized).JPGSW1 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW2 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPGSW3 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#66 6 months ago

Just awesome to have the upgrade kits from pinsider Pinball-Cruiser installed on both the SW and JP home editions. What a difference it makes in video and audio! You have to see and hear them to fully appreciate them. Thanks to Chris for making these kits available for sale and including such carefully detailed instructions and materials. For me, it takes about 2.5 hours to install each kit. The result is well worth it, and I now include these pins as tournament machines in our monthly IFPA tournaments in central PA.

Joe Schall

Home Editions (resized).jpgHome Editions (resized).jpg
#67 6 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:Just awesome to have the upgrade kits from pinsider Pinball-Cruiser installed on both the SW and JP home editions. What a difference it makes in video and audio! You have to see and hear them to fully appreciate them. Thanks to Chris for making these kits available for sale and including such carefully detailed instructions and materials. For me, it takes about 2.5 hours to install each kit. The result is well worth it, and I now include these pins as tournament machines in our monthly IFPA tournaments in central PA.
Joe Schall
[quoted image]

That looks great. Maybe post it on this thread too. It gets more traffic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park

#68 6 months ago

Thanks. Will do!

Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-home-edition-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.