IMG_2488 (resized).JPG
IMG_2484 (resized).JPG
IMG_2483 (resized).JPG
IMG_2480 (resized).JPG
IMG_2474 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2476 (resized).JPG
IMG_2471 (resized).JPG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Just curious. Has anyone ordered one? If yes have you received it yet? My wife and kids are really digging it. It looks pretty cool and I heard from a buddy who got to play it @ the expo, he said it played fast and looked more loaded then the Star Wars pin. Just curious where everyone was on it.

I know the home pins aren't for everyone. Does this title change anyone's opinion?

#2 2 years ago

If someone made an after market speaker panel with larger LCD I think it would be more desirable.

#3 2 years ago

Not interested with local sales for DP, Mando, JP pro, and LZ between 5300-5800. I guess its a good idea, but they really just replaced their pro line price point with something that is inferior to the old pros at that price. Pretty steep for an "affordable home pin".

#4 2 years ago

Come to Pincinnati! We will have a couple there for all to play. Tilt is bringing them. I think they are already sold though.

#5 2 years ago

Got to play the home edition at MGC, the build quality felt really cheap. I would stick to a pro or better model game.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

If someone made an after market speaker panel with larger LCD I think it would be more desirable.

In the Star Wars home pin thread, someone removed the translite and replaced it with an lcd screen. It’s really big but looks cool. The problem is the back box itself is shorter, in order to accommodate a bigger screen the whole box would need to be changed

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not interested with local sales for DP, Mando, JP pro, and LZ between 5300-5800. I guess its a good idea, but they really just replaced their pro line price point with something that is inferior to the old pros at that price. Pretty steep for an "affordable home pin".

That’s kind of what I’ve been feeling lately. In the NE pros going for 5500-6 but if I can score a decent one for 5300, that’s really less than $500 more than a home pin plus tax.

#8 2 years ago

I have one ordered. Total after tax $4761.92
It is my understanding that they went into production this Monday (the 8th). I don't anticipate receiving it until after Thanksgiving.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

I have one ordered. Total after tax $4761.92
It is my understanding that they went into production this Monday (the 8th). I don't anticipate receiving it until after Thanksgiving.

Thats awesome! When it does arrive please check back in and let me know your thoughts. I have the Star Wars Home Pin, and I think there is just something simple fun about it.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:I have one ordered. Total after tax $4761.92

Can't wait to hear your opinion!

#11 2 years ago

Just ordered a JP home edition for $4,400, which includes tax and shipping on a Black Friday special, and I was promised it would ship this week. Fingers crossed. I will post updates to this thread.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just ordered a JP home edition for $4,400, which includes tax and shipping on a Black Friday special, and I was promised it would ship this week. Fingers crossed. I will post updates to this thread.

Great deal!!

#13 2 years ago

Just got the word that the pin will ship tomorrow as promised by the distributor. Will update this thread with more details in the coming days.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Can't wait to hear your opinion!

Quoted from NovaCade:

Thats awesome! When it does arrive please check back in and let me know your thoughts. I have the Star Wars Home Pin, and I think there is just something simple fun about it.

I answered you in a different thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/11#post-6633767

#15 2 years ago

Go to the marvelously detailed thread above from Aries and you'll hear a lot of the same thoughts I have after being lucky enough to pick up a JP HE just in time for a weekend launch party. Lots of details pics in the next post below, with commentary to follow. But in a word: thrilled. Both with the distributor and game.

#16 2 years ago

Okay, here are a ton of pics from a weekend pulled pork/pigskin/pinball party last night. Not only did the Steelers win, but JP HE was a huge hit. These pics will complement the above linked commentary by Aries, show a size comparison with Stern's Spiderman, reveal the identity of the superb distributor, and show the kinds of JP HE details that I think buyers will be interested in. More commentary to follow when I have time and as questions arise.

IMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2367 (resized).JPGIMG_2367 (resized).JPGIMG_2368 (resized).JPGIMG_2368 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2374 (resized).JPGIMG_2374 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2379 (resized).JPGIMG_2379 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPGIMG_2384 (resized).JPGIMG_2384 (resized).JPGIMG_2385 (resized).JPGIMG_2385 (resized).JPGIMG_2392 (resized).JPGIMG_2392 (resized).JPGIMG_2393 (resized).JPGIMG_2393 (resized).JPGIMG_2395 (resized).JPGIMG_2395 (resized).JPGIMG_2398 (resized).JPGIMG_2398 (resized).JPGIMG_2400 (resized).JPGIMG_2400 (resized).JPGIMG_2401 (resized).JPGIMG_2401 (resized).JPGIMG_2403 (resized).JPGIMG_2403 (resized).JPGIMG_2406 (resized).JPGIMG_2406 (resized).JPGIMG_2407 (resized).JPGIMG_2407 (resized).JPGIMG_2411 (resized).JPGIMG_2411 (resized).JPGIMG_2414 (resized).JPGIMG_2414 (resized).JPGIMG_2416 (resized).JPGIMG_2416 (resized).JPGIMG_2418 (resized).JPGIMG_2418 (resized).JPGIMG_2421 (resized).JPGIMG_2421 (resized).JPGIMG_2424 (resized).JPGIMG_2424 (resized).JPGIMG_2427 (resized).JPGIMG_2427 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2432 (resized).JPGIMG_2432 (resized).JPGIMG_2435 (resized).JPGIMG_2435 (resized).JPGIMG_2437 (resized).JPGIMG_2437 (resized).JPGIMG_2438 (resized).JPGIMG_2438 (resized).JPGIMG_2441 (resized).JPGIMG_2441 (resized).JPGIMG_2443 (resized).JPGIMG_2443 (resized).JPGIMG_2445 (resized).JPGIMG_2445 (resized).JPGIMG_2447 (resized).JPGIMG_2447 (resized).JPGIMG_2448 (resized).JPGIMG_2448 (resized).JPGIMG_2451 (resized).JPGIMG_2451 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2457 (resized).JPGIMG_2457 (resized).JPGIMG_2459 (resized).JPGIMG_2459 (resized).JPGIMG_2461 (resized).JPGIMG_2461 (resized).JPGIMG_2463 (resized).JPGIMG_2463 (resized).JPGIMG_2467 (resized).JPGIMG_2467 (resized).JPGIMG_2469 (resized).JPGIMG_2469 (resized).JPGIMG_2471 (resized).JPGIMG_2471 (resized).JPGIMG_2473 (resized).JPGIMG_2473 (resized).JPGIMG_2474 (resized).JPGIMG_2474 (resized).JPGIMG_2476 (resized).JPGIMG_2476 (resized).JPGIMG_2479 (resized).JPGIMG_2479 (resized).JPGIMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2483 (resized).JPGIMG_2483 (resized).JPGIMG_2484 (resized).JPGIMG_2484 (resized).JPGIMG_2488 (resized).JPGIMG_2488 (resized).JPGIMG_2490 (resized).JPGIMG_2490 (resized).JPGIMG_2493 (resized).JPGIMG_2493 (resized).JPGIMG_2495 (resized).JPGIMG_2495 (resized).JPGIMG_2498 (resized).JPGIMG_2498 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2503 (resized).JPGIMG_2503 (resized).JPGIMG_2505 (resized).JPGIMG_2505 (resized).JPGIMG_2506 (resized).JPGIMG_2506 (resized).JPGIMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG
#17 2 years ago

Wow, very nice and looks cool. Can you confirm if there is a battery in it ? I don't see one on your picture of the backbox.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Wow, very nice and looks cool. Can you confirm if there is a battery in it ? I don't see one on your picture of the backbox.

The battery is mounted diagonally - look on the pic here:

2021-12-06 14_31_38-Window (resized).png2021-12-06 14_31_38-Window (resized).png
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Okay, here are a ton of pics from a weekend pulled pork/pigskin/pinball party last night. Not only did the Steelers win, but JP HE was a huge hit. These pics will complement the above linked commentary by Aries, show a size comparison with Stern's Spiderman, reveal the identity of the superb distributor, and show the kinds of JP HE details that I think buyers will be interested in. More commentary to follow when I have time and as questions arise.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool except for the mdf playfield. That's got to make some owners nervous.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Pretty cool except for the mdf playfield. That's got to make some owners nervous.

I noticed that as well. Have all the home edition playfieds been done this way?

#21 2 years ago

Yes, as far as I know. What are the drawbacks of having an MDF playfield other than worse water resistance? (Also I'd argue that the playfield can be considered HDF - certainly stronger than the kind of material I've bought at Home Depot. I'm not a materials expert though)

#22 2 years ago

While I'm super happy I went with the JP Pro instead of the HE, it's good to hear all of this positive feedback it is getting and is a good sign for possible future HE versions of pins.

#23 2 years ago

Sorry to be an igno, but what is "MDF"?

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Sorry to be an igno, but what is "MDF"?

I think it stands for Medium Density Fiber. Basically they form sheets of wood from particles and adhesive. Its not inherently bad just different.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Sphodgin:

I think it stands for Medium Density Fiber. Basically they form sheets of wood from particles and adhesive. Its not inherently bad just different.

Thanks much!

#26 2 years ago

The MDF playfield should really only be a concern if you store your tables in a high humidity area. Otherwise MDF is pretty tough. I believe the MDF construction was the reason Jack Danger was able to put the jump ramp in this table.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

The MDF playfield should really only be a concern if you store your tables in a high humidity area. Otherwise MDF is pretty tough. I believe the MDF construction was the reason Jack Danger was able to put the jump ramp in this table.

Helpful reply. Thanks!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:Okay, here are a ton of pics from a weekend pulled pork/pigskin/pinball party last night. Not only did the Steelers win, but JP HE was a huge hit. These pics will complement the above linked commentary by Aries, show a size comparison with Stern's Spiderman, reveal the identity of the superb distributor, and show the kinds of JP HE details that I think buyers will be interested in. More commentary to follow when I have time and as questions arise.

Thanks for sharing all these pics, glad the game was a hit!! <3

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for sharing all these pics, glad the game was a hit!!

You bet, Jack. A hit with young and old already. Your demo video was a great help in my purchasing decision. This is part of a permanent Christmas gift I'm making to my church after years of hauling pins there for special events and the kids especially asking for more--so much so that the adults never got to play. For this launch event with the JP HE on Sunday, we had a pastor's 5-year-old son best all the adults there by way of a four-minute T-Rex multiball and get on the high score board. A crowd gathered for a few minutes away from the Steelers game as people cheered him on and he kept the multiball going. This home edition came along at the perfect time for me and my church. Thanks so much for all the work you put into it.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

You bet, Jack. A hit with young and old already. Your demo video was a great help in my purchasing decision. This is part of a permanent Christmas gift I'm making to my church after years of hauling pins there for special events and the kids especially asking for more--so much so that the adults never got to play. For this launch event with the JP HE on Sunday, we had a pastor's 5-year-old son best all the adults there by way of a four-minute T-Rex multiball and get on the high score board. A crowd gathered for a few minutes away from the Steelers game as people cheered him on and he kept the multiball going. This home edition came along at the perfect time for me and my church. Thanks so much for all the work you put into it.

What an awesome story! Give that kid a huge congrats for me will ya?!

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Sphodgin:

It will be a problem if you have to unscrew or rescrew things in repeatedly, or if there's a lot of stress on things like posts. There's a reason why mdf is never used except for the low end home games. There's definitely a compromise in quality. It might not ever matter if your game is well built and maintained, but over enough time it will inevitably be a problem.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It will be a problem if you have to unscrew or rescrew things in repeatedly

I believe that the playfield was designed with this MDF limitation in mind. I think most screws are screwed into metal mounts from the opposite side of the playfield instead of directly into the wood. If you look closely on the top of the play field you will see these mounts.

4FDF5A47-87D0-44B0-818E-E1AEC5719C01 (resized).jpeg4FDF5A47-87D0-44B0-818E-E1AEC5719C01 (resized).jpeg

Some might see these as eye soars, but I don’t think they are very noticeable while playing and they should protect the playfield from premature wear.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It will be a problem if you have to unscrew or rescrew things in repeatedly, or if there's a lot of stress on things like posts. There's a reason why mdf is never used except for the low end home games. There's definitely a compromise in quality. It might not ever matter if your game is well built and maintained, but over enough time it will inevitably be a problem.

Nothing is screwed into the MDF directly - holes have been drilled and there are T nuts on the bottom of the playfield. Stress on posts might *eventually* break the MDF surrounding the T nut, but wood glue would be a legit fix since your posts are screwing into the T nut, not the playfield itself.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Sphodgin:

I believe that the playfield was designed with this MDF limitation in mind. I think most screws are screwed into metal mounts from the opposite side of the playfield instead of directly into the wood. If you look closely on the top of the play field you will see these mounts.
[quoted image]
Some might see these as eye soars, but I don’t think they are very noticeable while playing and they should protect the playfield from premature wear.

Those metal mounts are very similar to the ones already found on the cornerstone machines' speaker nuts. They just hammer into place from the other side.

(Here's a good pic of them via a YouTube vid)

#36 2 years ago

Thanks Aries--your posts are extremely helpful.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I know the home pins aren't for everyone. Does this title change anyone's opinion?

Nope. MDF + slings that fire together + pops that fire together + plastic rails + tiny screen + real pins that exist at a similar price point = Would never consider it. Ever. On top of that, the real Jurassic Park by Elwin is a God Tier game. Opinion unchanged. Enjoy, though.

#38 2 years ago
1EFEF4E6-4130-4D48-9BE6-D7603A8BC753 (resized).png1EFEF4E6-4130-4D48-9BE6-D7603A8BC753 (resized).png
#39 2 years ago

Right! All the downsides of a home pin might matter to me if it wasn’t so much fun to play. When I was playing at league tonight, all I was thinking about was getting home for a few games of JDJP.

#40 2 years ago

Just got mine on Thursday. Having fun playing so far but just noticed the Pteranodon Ramp is being triggered by the flippers. Annoying AF.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

Just got mine on Thursday. Having fun playing so far but just noticed the Pteranodon Ramp is being triggered by the flippers. Annoying AF.

Weird! the only switch up there is the opto. is anything blocking it?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

Almost sounds like the opto mount is loose and triggering from the flipper vibration.

#43 2 years ago

I’m getting a lot of the balls coming off the wireforms and popping up hitting the glass at the return lanes. The default flipper settings definitely on the stronger side and don’t seem to be adjustable in settings. Anyone else notice this or have suggestions?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Almost sounds like the opto mount is loose and triggering from the flipper vibration.

Yup--that would be the first thing I'd look for as well. I'd also see what happens in switch test in relation to both the flippers and ramp. If each switch triggers only one corresponding switch in the test, I think that would implicate the ramp opto integrity.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

That's what Stern have suggested is the problem. I tightened it. Still triggering from vibration. The T-Rex head has also shit the bed now. Ball goes in, mouth closes and ball doesn't come out. They suggest I remove the head and tighten that opto also. Correct me if I'm wrong, as this is my first NIB machine (and only my second ever machine) but shouldn't they be responsible for having a technician fix these issues? I have no idea how to remove the T-Rex head and don't feel comfortable taking apart a machine that's a week old and potentially messing it up even more.

#46 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. You are right to turn to Stern for answers, especially with the machine under warranty, and I have gotten very good tech support from Stern via email and phone on a number of machines in the past, but I don't know of any instances of Stern making house calls, per se. I suggest you keep at them and be as specific as you can with your symptom testing and descriptions.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

So sorry to hear this. You are right to turn to Stern for answers, especially with the machine under warranty, and I have gotten very good tech support from Stern via email and phone on a number of machines in the past, but I don't know of any instances of Stern making house calls, per se. I suggest you keep at them and be as specific as you can with your symptom testing and descriptions.

Well, the guy I bought my first machine from has recently become a Stern-authorized technician (they called and asked him if he would be interested in doing it). So, I would assume he should be able to repair it and send them the invoice. The idea that they would expect inexperienced people to dismantle and repair brand new machines is absurd, imo, especially considering the price at which they are now selling them. In no other large appliance industry would that be acceptable.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

Well, the guy I bought my first machine from has recently become a Stern-authorized technician (they called and asked him if he would be interested in doing it). So, I would assume he should be able to repair it and send them the invoice.

That's great. Sounds like you should contact him and see what he says.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from DeejayDara:

Well, the guy I bought my first machine from has recently become a Stern-authorized technician (they called and asked him if he would be interested in doing it). So, I would assume he should be able to repair it and send them the invoice. The idea that they would expect inexperienced people to dismantle and repair brand new machines is absurd, imo, especially considering the price at which they are now selling them. In no other large appliance industry would that be acceptable.

Yeah, every single person on this forum has repaired a new Pinball, not just from Stern. It’s just wildly impractical for Stern as there are very few repair technicians left in the country. It is sad but that is where having a great local distributor is what you want.

I have fixed the same problem you are describing on a new Stranger Things. One of the wires detached from the opto and the vibration was making them connect. I would guess someone needs to solder the opto connections.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s just wildly impractical for Stern as there are very few repair technicians left in the country.

Fair point. I hadn't really considered that. Hopefully, since I have one near me, they will be ok with having him repair it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-home-edition- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.