(Topic ID: 201705)

Jurassic park, TFTC, or Terminator 2????

By remf

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0796 (resized).JPG
IMG_0800 (resized).JPG
IMG_0799 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).JPG
IMG_0794 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I finally got the greenlight to buy another game, but now I have no clue as to which one I want to buy. I haven't played any of these so let me know which one will give me the most long term fun and bang for my buck so to speak. thanks!

Jurassic Park (asking $3,200, but hopefully I can get it down)
Tales from the crypt ($3,100)
Terminator 2 ($2,450)

#2 6 years ago

At those prices, T2. I like JP the most, but I can't imagine it being a $3200 game right now. TFTC is a great game too, but that seems really high for it. That doesn't seem quite so crazy for T2, which is also a really solid game.

#3 6 years ago

also forgot to add that a Lethal Weapon 3 just came up for sale for $1,950 so that's on my radar as well.. lol, I can only get one so I want to make it count!

#4 6 years ago

I would go Jurassic Park - universally loved theme. One of the best Data East games out there. Lots of toys and stuff going on. Great game. T2 would be second. I had one for awhile, great flow but kind of a one trick pony that didn't have a lot of staying power for me. TFTC is of no interest to me as a theme.

#5 6 years ago

T2 for sure at those prices. It's a great game - fun and simple rules, and can last a long time in a collection.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

At those prices, T2. I like JP the most, but I can't imagine it being a $3200 game right now. TFTC is a great game too, but that seems really high for it. That doesn't seem quite so crazy for T2, which is also a really solid game.

Thanks for the advise. what do you think a fair price for JP would be?

#7 6 years ago

If you are in that price range also take a look at games like Demo Man, Johnny Mnemonic, No Fear, Fish Tales, or other lower tier DMD machines that offer a lot from a gameplay perspective

I wouldn't pay more than 2700 for a JP unless it was in VERY good shape and had all the work done (i.e. recent shop, nice LED job, came with topper, T-Rex mod, etc)

#8 6 years ago

Play them all and decide. They all play very differently. Personally T2 would be LAST on my list, JP and TFTC are way more fun. I owned both.
JP and TFTC should be $2500 games all day long.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Thanks for the advise. what do you think a fair price for JP would be?

Both JP and TFTC I would peg at $2500 or under, and $2500 would be in really good shape. I know they have both risen some thanks to new code (which I helped write for both of them ), but I don't think they have risen that much.

If price were no issue, I think JP is the most complete of the three machines.

I wouldn't get LW3 for $1950, it is DE's weakest effort in the DMD era I think, and just not worth it.

#10 6 years ago

@$3k I'd suggest a Shadow or Fishtales. Or hold off till you can find those titles mentioned for at least a $300 - $500 less

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

@$3k I'd suggest a Shadow or Fishtales. Or hold off till you can find those titles mentioned for at least a $300 - $500 less

I've been looking for a shadow around my area, but when they come up for sale, they are asking way above that price....

You all are awesome and I really appreciate your input.

#12 6 years ago

Lw I'd put at 1.2-1.7 max the condition of the game is a factor. JP and tftc max at 2.5 on the high end. DE connectors should be rebuilt on any of the games and boards rebuilt for those price points.

#13 6 years ago

all are 2500 games to me and LW3 at $1200. If you are going to spend $3000 + I would look at Shadow, Roadshow, or Indy 500.

If I had to pick out of games you listed I would probably go JP.

#14 6 years ago

Get the JP but get that price down a bit.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

also forgot to add that a Lethal Weapon 3 just came up for sale for $1,950 so that's on my radar as well.. lol, I can only get one so I want to make it count!

I'm babysitting one of these now. I would advise against it at that price. It's a fun game but not very deep at all and the music gets pretty annoying after a while.

#16 6 years ago

JP is a wishlist pin of mine and I currently own TFTC.

TFTC is a special pin. It's not for everyone and definitely not family friendly. But it's a great adult themed pin with plenty of gore and awesome callouts.

Both JP and TFTC are keeper's in my book. Go for whichever theme suits you better.

#17 6 years ago

+1 for JP. There are 9000 built but I still struggled to find one in great shape near me. It's an amazing game for pinsound mod. If I found a collector's quality example I'd pay $3200 easily but I agree with others that 2500 and below seems to be the price for a typical one.

#18 6 years ago

Got JP down to $2700 so I think I'm going to jump on it. Also, it's not too far from my house so that's a plus.

#19 6 years ago

I forgot to add that I'm paying with my cc and I get a $150 credit plus 1.5% cash back with 0% apr so I'm really only paying $2,588 for it.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I forgot to add that I'm paying with my cc and I get a $150 credit plus 1.5% cash back with 0% apr so I'm really only paying $2,588 for it.

Go for it!!! I really enjoy Jurassic Park

#21 6 years ago

JP as someone who owns both JP and T2.

Since you're paying with cc I'm assuming it's retail, take 10 minutes to google whoever it is you're buying from. I'm relatively new getting back into pinball but, even I know that we have some real characters in the Atl area.

#22 6 years ago

If your paying by credit card and it's a retailer, which I assume, who's taking the hit on the credit card fees and who's paying the taxes? Seems like an interesting deal.

#23 6 years ago

not a retailer, but a personal collection and I already did a couple of reverse checks on him so it's good/valid. I pay the 2.9% fee to use my cc, but I already calculated that in the total price so the total amount is $2,588 for it once it's all said and done. Plus I have extra protection with my cc company so if there is any funny business I can get it back.

#24 6 years ago

well now that its official take pictures of it when you bring it home!

#25 6 years ago

Will do!!

#26 6 years ago

Bam! A little spit n polish and this baby is going to sing.

IMG_0794 (resized).JPGIMG_0794 (resized).JPG

IMG_0798 (resized).JPGIMG_0798 (resized).JPG

IMG_0799 (resized).JPGIMG_0799 (resized).JPG

IMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPG

IMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0796 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

I think you'll be happy with the JP. Easily my favorite out of those three.

#28 6 years ago

I'm digging it so far. It was a pain in the ass to get it down here so I'll dial everything in tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your input.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Bam! A little spit n polish and this baby is going to sing.

Someone get this guy the code update... STAT!!!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Someone get this guy the code update... STAT!!!

Haha! That's actually on my list of things to do. Hopefully I can find it.

#31 6 years ago

If you find this game a keeper for you I highly recommend investing in a pinsound board. The improvement over the original DE sound board will blow you away. Well worth the money.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

If you find this game a keeper for you I highly recommend investing in a pinsound board. The improvement over the original DE sound board will blow you away. Well worth the money.

I don't know - I've owned pinsound but the mix avail changes the original. If you want the original sound, I'm not sure it's bringing a lot to the table and it's expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-tftc-or-terminator-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.