Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2026.JPG
motor2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I posted in JP club topic, but thought I would open to the community in general. Unfortunately, my electronics knowledge is limited so thought I would see if any experts could help me.
I have read everything I can find, but did not uncover my exact scenario with my T-rex side-to-side movement not working (previous owner informed me that he had disabled it, but hadn't had time to diagnose). Here is the situation this far:
- Blue power cable for motor was disconnected, so I reconnected for my testing (disconnected when done since I don’t want the motor running full time).
- Manual side movement is not possible (i.e. try to turn the T-rex by hand and it won't budge - no play in it at all).
- Removed motor from gearbox and manual movement is free (of course) and when looking into gearbox it appears that the gear that is visible is fully intact with all teeth.
- While motor is disconnected when I turn on pin the motor begins to run and never stops running.
- In T-Rex test mode, motor does reverse direction back and forth with press of left and right flipper buttons.
- If I hold the long gear that is attached to the motor while running, I can easily stop its rotation, but seems like the motor itself is still spinning (ie the gear is slipping).
- Voltage to motor is pretty constant 4.5V.
My first thought is why is the motor spinning at all times? Why is this not enough force to turn T-rex, and has this trashed the motor?

playing with mine right now too.. but to remove T-rex

You can do it without removing the top-side elements.. but I think it would be easier.
T-rex has an apron around him that sits above the large plastic that covers the raptor pit, etc. That apron is held by three screws that are blocked when T-rex is upright. Remove the screw in the back of the t-rex head to remove back half of t-rex plastic. Remove two screws at base of front of T-rex which hold the front plastic and rubber apron to remove front half of t-rex plastic. You should be able to get to the three screws holding the brackets holding the skirt plastic in place. Should be able to get t-rex out without removing the large plastic now (I didn't do this, so speculating - I had removed the large plastic as well)

To drop the whole t-rex.. just unplug the harnesses for the switches and motors. Remove the 4 wood screws holding the large bracket to the PF. Whole assembly will drop as a whole.

To get to gearbox... remove the e-clip and washer from the sliding pivot near the switches that track left/right/home stops. Be careful not to manage the switches accidentally.

After that, it's just the shaft from the gearbox holding the lower plate to the t-rex upper plate. Backoff the screw acting as the set screw on the shaft coming out of the gearbox.. and the two pieces will separate. The lower mounting bracket with gearbox.. and the upper assembly which has the up/down and t-rex himself.

Then you can get to the 4 screws that hold the gearbox in place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-t-rex-side-to-side-motor-issues?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.