You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ClampettCecilPuppet.jpg
in_the_works_jurassic_park.jpg
IMG_20130501_181947.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey all! I'm working on this T-REX mod for JP - Just wanted to get some input and thoughts on it - What do you guys think?... It's still getting worked on - fine tuning the details. Will let ya know when it is complete.
Thanks ahead!

IMG_20130501_181947.jpgIMG_20130501_181947.jpg

#2 10 years ago

It actually looks like a TRex..... Awesome!

#3 10 years ago

Already looks miles above stock. Nice work! If I had to nitpick I would say the teeth don't look quite right but I'm assuming you did that because of the way it eats the pinball?

#4 10 years ago

Looks great. My biggest concern would be with the new teeth impacting the T-Rex's ability to pick-up the ball.

#5 10 years ago

the teeth so far forward I think will directly impact him being able to eat the ball. Have video of it in action? If you can pull this off, and have it work, it looks great.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah, you guys guessed it. The picking up of the ball is what I need to "fine tune" still. With some work and adjusting, I'll get it right. As of right now it picks up the ball about an inch off the field, then the ball falls out. But it is doable!!

#7 10 years ago

I've seen this problem with even the stock Trex. You have to make sure he can close his mouth all the way, before raising up. THat closing action is what keeps it closed on the uprise. If it's open at all, when he moves up the ball will push it's way through.

#8 10 years ago

Looks much better than the stock one well played!

#10 10 years ago

Looks like he's smiling for the camera Better than stock for sure.

#11 10 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun to mess with!

Is this a one off personal mod, or are you looking to make these for sale?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is this a one off personal mod, or are you looking to make these for sale?

i would also like to know this. very interested in getting the brontosaurus or whatever it is off of there and getting a more realist (movie realistic at least) T-Rex on there.

either way, looks great!!!

#13 10 years ago

Hey all! I'm working on this T-REX mod for JP - Just wanted to get some input and thoughts on it - What do you guys think?... It's still getting worked on - fine tuning the details. Will let ya know when it is complete.
Thanks ahead!

Have you seen the one they have been working on at BackAlley Creations? Its under in the works http://www.backalleycreations.com

in_the_works_jurassic_park.jpgin_the_works_jurassic_park.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Have you seen the one they have been working on at BackAlley Creations? Its under in the works http://www.backalleycreations.com

The picture on the right is a picture of the head used in the movies. That is just showing how the stock T-Rex does not look like the T-Rex from the movie. They have not released any photos of their replacement T-Rex.

#15 10 years ago

^^^ I was going to say the same thing. Stevenson888 beat them to the punch, provided his mod is designed for production.

#16 10 years ago

Looks good! I'd be interested if you're going to sell and the price is right.

It would be nice if you get a little more sharp points to the teeth, but I guess that would be difficult with picking up the ball.

Have to ask, what's that open-sore looking blob on his neck?

#17 10 years ago

As of right now this one is just for my personal use - once I perfect it and figure out costs... I am willing to talk about making extras. The only issue I can see with making multiples to sell as of right now is - on this "prototype" I used the "shell" of the existing T-rex. So in turn, making multiples of this would require me to have extra T-rex "shells" or to have the current owner who wanted one to disassemble your current T-rex and send it to me then after it is all done I would ship back with new looking T-rex, (but all that is down the line - like I said, still perfecting) ...unless I figure out a different way to make it happen I'll keep you guys updated... And yes I did see the "backalleycreations" post BUT, I couldn't wait any longer for them. Seems like that has supposedly been in production for QUITE some time now. Keep the feedback coming though!

#18 10 years ago

I think yours looks way better than the original

Mine looks terrible...

ClampettCecilPuppet.jpgClampettCecilPuppet.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Looks great!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think yours looks way better than the original
Mine looks terrible...

Combine this with hand-crafted felt reproductions of the PF plastics and you've got a winning theme!

#21 10 years ago

I picked up one of the "hand puppets" to mod my JP.

I plan on using a magnet to help hold the ball.
Also buying a T-rex and Jungle explorer to make a custom topper!

Milton

#22 10 years ago

Looks frickin awesome. Very nice work. Far better than original.

#23 10 years ago

Bad ass! I hope to get some time to help complete it with you but either way I know you will get it done you always do. if you want to sell this mod after you perfect it you may need to buy another t-rex toy, they may be hard to find maybe some pinsiders can help you find or sell you one.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Have to ask, what's that open-sore looking blob on his neck?

The "open sore" LOL is an arm that was going to be on both front sides / offset... but had to backtrack after making it and remove them - wouldn't allow for the front / downward tilt.

#25 10 years ago

Did the T-rex get a face lift?

#26 10 years ago

Sweet looking mod!

#27 10 years ago

So the best way would be to make a SKIN to put over the existing dino, right?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So the best way would be to make a SKIN to put over the existing dino, right?

Ideally, YES! But you run into the issue of too much "material" - which in turn gets in the way of the T-rex picking up the ball correctly / holding onto it. (still working out details)

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Did the T-rex get a face lift?

More like plastic surgery!!

#30 10 years ago

That's awesome!! Keep up the good work

1 year later
#31 9 years ago

Help Cecil Help

2 weeks later
#32 9 years ago

I'm comin' Beanie Boy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-t-rex-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.