(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

I've barely had a chance to play recently, but I've got some ideas/feedback for ya delt31 !

1. In general, you should probably err on the side of focusing on video swaps for moments in the game where the player is almost always looking up at the screen.
For example, maybe you can do an edit of that approaching the JP gate movie scene and have that play for when the stock gate animation zooms in once your ball is over. That's just one example that comes to mind.

2. Those various "amber bonus" animations where it's the mosquito in amber: Replace those with the movie scene where he's saying "que lindo eres" and the camera zooms into the chunk of amber he's holding.

3. T-Rex chase start. You literally have the scene where Malcolm says "Must go faster" but it's not timed to that exact callout. It's a second or so late. So you could shorten the start slightly to have it completely line up with when my "must go faster" plays. It's either that audio clip that plays or the other variation is "gotta get out of here now now right now". Of course you'd have to pick one video and you already have the "must go faster" video in there so maybe just time that up better?

4. Control room *specific* mode start: For those 3 modes, there is only one audio option I've replaced for each virus attack, system boot, and w/e the other one is. So you could grab those specific movie scenes there and time them up to the mouth movement of the actors. However, could this also be a thing where the game has only one video/animation for all? I can't recall at the moment.

5. I'm still scratching my head about the video/videos that play just during main gameplay and at the end of one's game. Is it randomized? I see the trucks driving scenes a lot during both, but then I'll see the end T-rex banner falling one too in both places.

6. Raptors in the Kitchen: I haven't reached this mode yet but am hoping you have replaced the stock animation with some cut of the scene of the kids being hunted by the raptors in the kitchen (no brainer!)

7. Would be awesome to get some more video of the movie's Mr. DNA movie itself but I do like the stock animation they used too so I dunno.

Hope this helps! I'm overall still very impressed with what you've done so far!

2 weeks later
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This mod has vastly improved theme integration, which was sorely missing. So happy now we have a real Jurassic Park pinball machine. Any stuff left on the to do list? I am not thoroughly versed in your update. but a few clips I am looking for that should be included.
1) Goldbloom discussing the project saying, Life will not be contained. Life breaks free, Life, uh, finds a way.
2) Dilophosaurus spraying acid on Nedry, as he says No wonder you’re extinct.

For audio...
1) I have "Life, uh finds a way" in there it plays during regular gameplay but not his full dissertation since there aren't any callout durations long enough to fit it all.

For video...
2) I really like that idea for a nedry outlane drop video instead of the stock computer animation they put in. There's only one possible video that could be replaced there though FYI. You only get mix ups of callouts there, same video each time. But I think it would look good regardless. I believe currently delt has nedry hugging the dufflebag and laughing which is also good too.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Disregard! I'm not sure what happened but when I re-imaged the sd card a 2nd time it worked. this is really a cool upgrade. I kinda miss some of the factory call outs, probably since I have played over 500 games with them. the videos are truly incredible and a major upgrade! So many thanks to Tim!

Thanks man! To clarify though and give credit where credit's due, the video work is all delt31 ! I've helped here and there with some suggestions/timing stuff on the videos, but his creativity is to be thanked for for anything you see. Glad its running smooth for you now!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

It's brilliant and I love it!
My only suggestion so far would be to replace the extra ball animation (i.e. when it actually puts the extra ball into the shooter lane). The animation is just a poor reproduction of the "Mr. Hammond I think we're back in business" shot and the real thing would fit in perfectly.

delt31 He's speaking to the stock raptor shaking it's head back and forth animation (similar to the movie right after Ellie says that line) when your extra ball is ready for you to shoot it. bbulkley There are multiple different possible movie callouts I've put here that will play but the game only allows for one video. "We're back in business" is actually a movie line variation I added to ball saved. Even with that in place, I think that "same" movie scene of the raptor popping out after she says that line in the movie would be a good happy medium to add tho, delt. Especially since the audio variations are what they are and at least it would "match" the animation Stern put in. Food for thought! Thanks for the suggestion!

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I haven't updated my Premium to code 1.02 yet. Do I need to do that before swapping out Tim and Delt's audio/video SD card?

You shouldn't have to but it wouldn't hurt to do so beforehand.

1 week later
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

SD cards usually have a lock unlock button on their side. Make sure that’s unlocked. If that doesn’t work you may need to delete all the partitions in the SD card. You can do that by right clicking start and go to disc management. Then click on the SD drive letter and delete everything there. Then create a new partition option and keep clicking through. After you did that format the card again. Not an expert but worth a try

Correct. When holding the SD card with the metal pins of it facing down, make sure the little slider is all the way down. Also you may be running into an issue with permissions on your PC if you are not logged in as the main admin. Try right-clicking Win32DiskImager and choose "Run as an administrator."

#74 3 years ago

PSA: An "Ultimate" 34TS_D31 version has been released for PRO owners!

Again this has been a collaborative effort with delt31 who has done a ton of video work. I basically took all of his video and my audio work from the latest PREM/LE version and ported it to PRO.

Please see this announcement for how to obtain this PRO 34TS_D31 version: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5892183

The PRO 34TS_D31 version was streamed by Owlnonymous today if you want to check it out!:

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Way to go. Does the pro model rely on the same addresses and file locations as the prem/le?

Fortunately for Videos, yes. For Audio it's a nightmare, all 3852 sound locations are jumbled to other places. Fortunately I was able to work with the PBrowser dev to help him create a translation / compare firmware's tool. It identifies the HEX shifted locations and spits them out. After that it's all about the macro import method. That's how I was able to create the audio assets version for PRO. Super applause to PB dev, Olivier!

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Are there any other games you guys work on for custom audio or is JP the only one now? Thanks for all your work

Delt has worked on TMNT and possibly others. I've only worked on JP.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips?tu=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.