(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 3 years ago

Both Tim and Delt spent a ton of time on their part, Tim for audio and Delt for video. Tim once told me he personally had hundreds of hours into the audio work. I suspect Delt has similiar investment of time. They do this because of passion for the game. An opportunity to be creative and affect in a very positive way the lives of a ton of folks around them. Doing something that feels good and has tangible results and makes people smile.

I tip my hat to both of them...

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I haven't updated my Premium to code 1.02 yet. Do I need to do that before swapping out Tim and Delt's audio/video SD card?

The new mod code includes the full 1.02 software. When you download the mod, and then write the SDCARD, you have the new software and the mod already combined. Just swap the SDCARD to the mod'eed version, and the base Stern software goes with it.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Quick question here.
I picked up a premium this weekend with this update already installed. It's VERY cool, but I'd like to check out the stock video/code. If I want to switch back to the stock code, could I just write that code to a new SD card? Can I then swap between the two codes as I see fit?
Also, do all of the settings and high scores stay on that respective SD card?

Jump over to the Stern JP Custom Audio project thread and look at note #452. It explains how to save scores to USB, swap the SDCARD, and then restore scores from USB.

1 week later
#84 3 years ago

I just realized that all 8GB cards are not created equal. Not just in performance, but in size. I tried a SanDisk 8GB Class 10 and it was a tiny bit larger than a Off-shore 8GB card. Not sure how that is, but the actual size of the two cards side by side are slightly different. Both sold as 8GB cards, but one is 6000 bytes garger! Weird. As Tim suggested 2 months ago, get the 16GB SanDisk Class 10 and be done with trying anything else. And for Windows users, just follow his instructions to the letter, using Win32diskimage and don't touch the card before or after you run the tool. Just get the ZIP image from Tim, UNZIP the RAW file, insert the card, run Win32DiskImage, find the SanDisk as the target and the RAW file as the input, and then burn it. When completed successful, just pop it out of your PC and into the CPU card in JP.

1 year later
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Does anyone know if I update the stern code to 1.05 so that I have Insider connected working with achievements, can I then swap out the sd card for my sd card that has the movie code on it and it will all work (without IC functionality)? It would be good to be able to do the achievements and revert back to movie code later.
Thanks
Ed

No, it will not work. The entire software is on the card. When you swap the old 1.03 AV card back in, all of the features introduced in 1.05 will be gone.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Does anyone know if I update the stern code to 1.05 so that I have Insider connected working with achievements, can I then swap out the sd card for my sd card that has the movie code on it and it will all work (without IC functionality)? It would be good to be able to do the achievements and revert back to movie code later.
Thanks
Ed

No, it will not work. The entire software is on the card. When you swap the old 1.03 AV card back in, all of the features introduced in 1.05 will be gone.

Quoted from PinPickle:

What happens with high scores. Save on usb and load on the other?

Yes, you can SAVE high scores to USB before you swap the SD CARD, and then load it back in when the new card is up.

m

4 weeks later
#130 2 years ago
Quoted from rogrocker:

If I have this on the SD card, when Stern does an update how do I update it?

Keep in mind that Stern doesn't distribute 'updates'. They distribute new versions of 'gamecode'. The whole shebang is contained in the image you download from Stern's website! If you change the SDcard, you change the entire software gamecode. So when Stern releases new game code, it entirely replaces the software that was installed. None of the software stays on the Pinball machine when you swap the SDcard.

3 months later
#132 1 year ago
Quoted from danastude:

So if I understand the previous posts correctly, you can not use the movie code, and still login to Stern Insider? I so, easy choice, the movie code is just too cool.

I would check with the author of the movie code on current status regarding 1.05 (which supports IC)... timlah79

6 months later
#164 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Maybe. I don't think the developer ever told people they don't want it shared though.
Here was the post where he mentioned he was forced to stop working on it and that he was no longer going to distribute it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/36#post-7112630
They clearly state that people with the code should continue to enjoy it. I would think that means that they're OK with people sharing it so that others can enjoy it. They're just done with making it and distributing it themselves.
Them restricting its distribution goes against their messaging that they believe people should be able to update their games with customer code if they want to.

One of the subtle points the creator referred to was his compliance with the Fair Use copyright terms. As I understood his distribution process, each person that downloaded AND USED his custom code was attesting that they had already licensed the original content themselves (owning the JP DVD for example), and were merely using it in another format. The Fair Use laws provide for this.

#183 1 year ago

Remember that PinballBrowser first needs to support new version images from Stern before anyone can make edits to those images….

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Was just going to ask that question Mark. Does it not support the latest versions yet? Any idea if it is being worked?

Check with oga83 on his planned support for newer software images for many machines. He updates PinballBrowser one or twice a year and he may already be working on an updated version… but check with him for details.

4 weeks later
#200 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Can you load 1.03 code after loading 1.05 code? When I did the 1.05 code it said it updated some node boards.

Yes, when you load ANY version of gamecode, each time it will update the machine's firmware on node boards if different than the version the image contains. You will likely see the node boards updating message each time you swap to a new gamecode version.

5 months later
#218 10 months ago
Quoted from Travellingfoxes:

Gday guys, I must be stupid..or some. When i download the alternative movie code it is in a zip as raw. and for the life of me I do not know how to unzip it to 'all files' to put onto a card to use!!! Any advice would appreciated....help please!

Search this thread or the other JP main threads for how to write an sdcard using win32imager application on a windows PC. It’s been covered in detail perhaps a dozen times so you’ll have no trouble finding all the details on the steps needed. It’s very simple and just needs you to have a brand name 16GB blank sdcard and a card writer connected to your windows pc.

1 month later
#229 8 months ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

Any issues with swapping between the new 1.08 version and the movie code?
Also I only just got my JP (May 23 built). Is there firmware issues to worry about with the node boards??

To be extra certain that the 1.05 code will work with your May23 build, what color are the node boards in your machine (Blue or Green)? The GREEN boards are the original and will work with ANY version of gamecode firmware. The BLUE boards shipped in some games after Sep2022 *may* only work on newer firmware.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

#233 8 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

This movie code is awesome! I just installed it today. It is a shame that they stopped working on it as I highly doubt Stern would do anything at all... Maybe once they stop producing this game the people behind the movie code will resume?
Question, I noticed that it won't connect to my wifi network and I'm wondering does this custom code not work with wifi, insider connected, or home team?

The custom AV code is version 1.05 game code. Wifi and the rest of the features was not supported in Version 1.05

#238 8 months ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

So when it doesn't work, is it just a matter of swapping back or is there a potential for problems

On machines with the original Node boards, you can swap versions of gamecode up or down at will. Nothing breaks, and microcode re-loads the node boards at powerup. For *some* machines with REDESIGNED node boards (rumours of these produced in 2021) then you can only use the newer code supplied with the machine or later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.