(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 3 years ago
#2 3 years ago

Thanks alot. This looks really good. Can't wait for my premium

#3 3 years ago

Holy hell, this is serious next level shit. Incredible work all around.

#4 3 years ago

Just a reminder, you MUST use Win32DiskImager to install this code on SD.....

Provide your feedback on what can be added too if you think of something to add. Thanks!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Provide your feedback on what can be added too if you think of something to add. Thanks!

I'd love to know why that is. I've been using Etcher on a Mac to make of all of Tim's images so far with no issues. Perhaps its an issue with the Windows version of Etcher?

#6 3 years ago

I don't think I have ever been this excited to play a pinball machine that I have already played forever. This is a total game changer! Wow! Amazing work! Thanks so much !

#7 3 years ago

Thank you very much for this! Working fine for me! My game did reboot "once" during play during T-REX multi ball. Hasn't rebooted in 50 other plays since I've owned the machine. (about a week) I shut the power down, and then played 4-5 more games, and it was fine. Might have just needed a power cycle after installing this the first time.

Could be the SD card, but just bought it new, a PNY high performance card.

The movie clips are awesome! Should have been this was from Stern!

#8 3 years ago

A huge thankyou to both timlah79 and delt31 - the amount of hours you guys have thrown into creating this package and yet not asking for a cent is a fantastic community spirit. Looking forward to getting out of covid lockdown next week and back to playing JP ... with the Ultimate Code

#9 3 years ago

I assume this requires a full install, deleting previous highscores?

#10 3 years ago

Great job! That is awesome

#11 3 years ago

As a Pro owner, all I can say is.... I'm very jealous.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I assume this requires a full install, deleting previous highscores?

I believe you can install and keep scores but please check this thread as I believe your answer will be in there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5834474

#13 3 years ago

I have now installed the Ultimate Code,
What an awesome update!

Massive thanks for the gigantic effort behind this code,

#14 3 years ago

I don't own a Stern JP (I have the original DE), but I must say this is great work . . . nice job delt31

#15 3 years ago

I've barely had a chance to play recently, but I've got some ideas/feedback for ya delt31 !

1. In general, you should probably err on the side of focusing on video swaps for moments in the game where the player is almost always looking up at the screen.
For example, maybe you can do an edit of that approaching the JP gate movie scene and have that play for when the stock gate animation zooms in once your ball is over. That's just one example that comes to mind.

2. Those various "amber bonus" animations where it's the mosquito in amber: Replace those with the movie scene where he's saying "que lindo eres" and the camera zooms into the chunk of amber he's holding.

3. T-Rex chase start. You literally have the scene where Malcolm says "Must go faster" but it's not timed to that exact callout. It's a second or so late. So you could shorten the start slightly to have it completely line up with when my "must go faster" plays. It's either that audio clip that plays or the other variation is "gotta get out of here now now right now". Of course you'd have to pick one video and you already have the "must go faster" video in there so maybe just time that up better?

4. Control room *specific* mode start: For those 3 modes, there is only one audio option I've replaced for each virus attack, system boot, and w/e the other one is. So you could grab those specific movie scenes there and time them up to the mouth movement of the actors. However, could this also be a thing where the game has only one video/animation for all? I can't recall at the moment.

5. I'm still scratching my head about the video/videos that play just during main gameplay and at the end of one's game. Is it randomized? I see the trucks driving scenes a lot during both, but then I'll see the end T-rex banner falling one too in both places.

6. Raptors in the Kitchen: I haven't reached this mode yet but am hoping you have replaced the stock animation with some cut of the scene of the kids being hunted by the raptors in the kitchen (no brainer!)

7. Would be awesome to get some more video of the movie's Mr. DNA movie itself but I do like the stock animation they used too so I dunno.

Hope this helps! I'm overall still very impressed with what you've done so far!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've barely had a chance to play recently, but I've got some ideas/feedback for ya delt31 !
1. In general, you should probably err on the side of focusing on video swaps for moments in the game where the player is almost always looking up at the screen.
For example, maybe you can do an edit of that approaching the JP gate movie scene and have that play for when the stock gate animation zooms in once your ball is over. That's just one example that comes to mind.
2. Those various "amber bonus" animations where it's the mosquito in amber: Replace those with the movie scene where he's saying "que lindo eres" and the camera zooms into the chunk of amber he's holding.
3. T-Rex chase start. You literally have the scene where Malcolm says "Must go faster" but it's not timed to that exact callout. It's a second or so late. So you could shorten the start slightly to have it completely line up with when my "must go faster" plays. It's either that audio clip that plays or the other variation is "gotta get out of here now now right now". Of course you'd have to pick one video and you already have the "must go faster" video in there so maybe just time that up better?
4. Control room *specific* mode start: For those 3 modes, there is only one audio option I've replaced for each virus attack, system boot, and w/e the other one is. So you could grab those specific movie scenes there and time them up to the mouth movement of the actors. However, could this also be a thing where the game has only one video/animation for all? I can't recall at the moment.
5. I'm still scratching my head about the video/videos that play just during main gameplay and at the end of one's game. Is it randomized? I see the trucks driving scenes a lot during both, but then I'll see the end T-rex banner falling one too in both places.
6. Raptors in the Kitchen: I haven't reached this mode yet but am hoping you have replaced the stock animation with some cut of the scene of the kids being hunted by the raptors in the kitchen (no brainer!)
7. Would be awesome to get some more video of the movie's Mr. DNA movie itself but I do like the stock animation they used too so I dunno.
Hope this helps! I'm overall still very impressed with what you've done so far!

All great feedback;

Raptor mode I haven't reached yet either BUT I replaced with those great clips from the movie. Someone who is good at Pinball lmk!

Amber clips - good call.

And yes the software is randomized so it can't be exact for some things.

Cheers

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago

This mod has vastly improved theme integration, which was sorely missing. So happy now we have a real Jurassic Park pinball machine. Any stuff left on the to do list? I am not thoroughly versed in your update. but a few clips I am looking for that should be included.

1) Goldbloom discussing the project saying, Life will not be contained. Life breaks free, Life, uh, finds a way.

2) Dilophosaurus spraying acid on Nedry, as he says No wonder you’re extinct.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I used balenaetcher and it works great too!

#19 3 years ago

Thank you guys for doing this. New life into JP.

#20 3 years ago

It works using a micro SD card/adapter in lieu of a SD card also.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This mod has vastly improved theme integration, which was sorely missing. So happy now we have a real Jurassic Park pinball machine. Any stuff left on the to do list? I am not thoroughly versed in your update. but a few clips I am looking for that should be included.
1) Goldbloom discussing the project saying, Life will not be contained. Life breaks free, Life, uh, finds a way.
2) Dilophosaurus spraying acid on Nedry, as he says No wonder you’re extinct.

For audio...
1) I have "Life, uh finds a way" in there it plays during regular gameplay but not his full dissertation since there aren't any callout durations long enough to fit it all.

For video...
2) I really like that idea for a nedry outlane drop video instead of the stock computer animation they put in. There's only one possible video that could be replaced there though FYI. You only get mix ups of callouts there, same video each time. But I think it would look good regardless. I believe currently delt has nedry hugging the dufflebag and laughing which is also good too.

#22 3 years ago

does this look right? I used Win32DiskImager on the latest .raw file but the date seems odd.

stern1 (resized).JPGstern1 (resized).JPG
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

does this look right? I used Win32DiskImager on the latest .raw file but the date seems odd.
[quoted image]

yes

#24 3 years ago

ok! Can't wait to run downstairs and plug the new SD card in!

#26 3 years ago

Slight disappointment as I used a brand new 16GB SD card, formatted to FAT32 with those files on it ...no bootup. I'm kinda stuck - what am I doing wrong?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Slight disappointment as I used a brand new 16GB SD card, formatted to FAT32 with those files on it ...no bootup. I'm kinda stuck - what am I doing wrong?

Disregard! I'm not sure what happened but when I re-imaged the sd card a 2nd time it worked. this is really a cool upgrade. I kinda miss some of the factory call outs, probably since I have played over 500 games with them. the videos are truly incredible and a major upgrade! So many thanks to Tim!

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Disregard! I'm not sure what happened but when I re-imaged the sd card a 2nd time it worked. this is really a cool upgrade. I kinda miss some of the factory call outs, probably since I have played over 500 games with them. the videos are truly incredible and a major upgrade! So many thanks to Tim!

Glad to hear you enjoy my video upgrade! This is now my fav stern game ever. Really is an unbelievable experience.

#29 3 years ago

Great work! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread hoping you port Ultimate Code to the Pro.

#30 3 years ago

It's brilliant and I love it!

My only suggestion so far would be to replace the extra ball animation (i.e. when it actually puts the extra ball into the shooter lane). The animation is just a poor reproduction of the "Mr. Hammond I think we're back in business" shot and the real thing would fit in perfectly.

#31 3 years ago

Wow this is really cool and makes me want to buy the pin now as I was never a fan of the regular animations and these add a lot to the game.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

My only suggestion so far would be to replace the extra ball animation (i.e. when it actually puts the extra ball into the shooter lane). The animation is just a poor reproduction of the "Mr. Hammond I think we're back in business" shot and the real thing would fit in perfectly.

I'll look into that. Don't recall.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Thanks man! To clarify though and give credit where credit's due, the video work is all delt31 ! I've helped here and there with some suggestions/timing stuff on the videos, but his creativity is to be thanked for for anything you see. Glad its running smooth for you now!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

delt31 He's speaking to the stock raptor shaking it's head back and forth animation (similar to the movie right after Ellie says that line) when your extra ball is ready for you to shoot it. bbulkley There are multiple different possible movie callouts I've put here that will play but the game only allows for one video. "We're back in business" is actually a movie line variation I added to ball saved. Even with that in place, I think that "same" movie scene of the raptor popping out after she says that line in the movie would be a good happy medium to add tho, delt. Especially since the audio variations are what they are and at least it would "match" the animation Stern put in. Food for thought! Thanks for the suggestion!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

delt31 He's speaking to the stock raptor shaking it's head back and forth animation (similar to the movie right after Ellie says that line) when your extra ball is ready for you to shoot it. bbulkley There are multiple different possible movie callouts I've put here that will play but the game only allows for one video. "We're back in business" is actually a movie line variation I added to ball saved. Even with that in place, I think that "same" movie scene of the raptor popping out after she says that line in the movie would be a good happy medium to add tho, delt. Especially since the audio variations are what they are and at least it would "match" the animation Stern put in. Food for thought! Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep I remember. I can def get that in there.

#36 3 years ago

Jesus...Christmas has arrived early guys. This is truly a gem. And it seems it can be even better (with some suggestions like the ones recently posted). I donated once and will again. It really is the least we guys should do for such amazing work!
I can only dream delt31 would change the stock movie scenes in JJP's POTC for some scenes with the actors! And of course, some of timlah79 audio magic too for an ultimate code for that amazing game (currently my favorite along JP).
THANK YOU GUYS!

#37 3 years ago

Really like this project and considering installing. However I am a bit hesitant as I've understood it can cause crashes. How prevalent are they?

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Really like this project and considering installing. However I am a bit hesitant as I've understood it can cause crashes. How prevalent are they?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Once after initial startup during trex multiball, nothing since 50-75 games. Even with 1st paddock running and trex multiball, no crashes, multiple instances.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Jesus...Christmas has arrived early guys. This is truly a gem. And it seems it can be even better (with some suggestions like the ones recently posted). I donated once and will again. It really is the least we guys should do for such amazing work!
I can only dream delt31 would change the stock movie scenes in JJP's POTC for some scenes with the actors! And of course, some of timlah79 audio magic too for an ultimate code for that amazing game (currently my favorite along JP).
THANK YOU GUYS!

Thanks but no donations are necessary for this! It def resolves the lack of JP assets that were sorely missed.

JJP code doesn’t appear to be modifiable at this time unfort.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks but no donations are necessary for this! Glad you’re enjoying it.
JJP code doesn’t appear to be modifiable at this time unfort.

No donations? We were going to buy you a nib game.

#42 3 years ago

I am getting a Premium today and can’t wait to try this out!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Glad to hear you enjoy my video upgrade! This is now my fav stern game ever. Really is an unbelievable experience.

Arrgh, Sorry for getting the attribution wrong. Your work on the video must have taken scores of hours! really impressive. thank you!

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks man! To clarify though and give credit where credit's due, the video work is all delt31 ! I've helped here and there with some suggestions/timing stuff on the videos, but his creativity is to be thanked for for anything you see. Glad its running smooth for you now!

Thanks for setting the record straight Tim.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Once after initial startup during trex multiball, nothing since 50-75 games. Even with 1st paddock running and trex multiball, no crashes, multiple instances.

also, it's simple to back out to 1.02 standard code, just swap the SD card. In fact, I can swap back to 1.0 code...node boards update and it's back to April 2020! I now have 3 SD cards, but ultimate code is in the slot now

#46 3 years ago

Both Tim and Delt spent a ton of time on their part, Tim for audio and Delt for video. Tim once told me he personally had hundreds of hours into the audio work. I suspect Delt has similiar investment of time. They do this because of passion for the game. An opportunity to be creative and affect in a very positive way the lives of a ton of folks around them. Doing something that feels good and has tangible results and makes people smile.

I tip my hat to both of them...

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Both Tim and Delt spent a ton of time on their part, Tim for audio and Delt for video. Tim once told me he personally had hundreds of hours into the audio work. I suspect Delt has similiar investment of time. They do this because of passion for the game. An opportunity to be creative and affect in a very positive way the lives of a ton of folks around them. Doing something that feels good and has tangible results and makes people smile.
I tip my hat to both of them...

Tim provides info on how to donate. Follow the instructions and everybody wins, I feel clean and guilt-free. How much is it worth to you? It is worth a lot to me, as it totally changes the vibe. Not many people will donate so take that into account. The more actual clips installed, the better. The sounds and speech are fantastic too! I’ve forgotten how much original Stern content remains, but I love the modded version.

#48 3 years ago

I haven't updated my Premium to code 1.02 yet. Do I need to do that before swapping out Tim and Delt's audio/video SD card?

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I haven't updated my Premium to code 1.02 yet. Do I need to do that before swapping out Tim and Delt's audio/video SD card?

You shouldn't have to but it wouldn't hurt to do so beforehand.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The new mod code includes the full 1.02 software. When you download the mod, and then write the SDCARD, you have the new software and the mod already combined. Just swap the SDCARD to the mod'eed version, and the base Stern software goes with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.