(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago

Thank you. I think I'm going back to 1.03 then.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

1.03 version for pro is good.
1.05 version for pro is bugged: some tracks dont have bass sounds.
its the same for the premium version?
thanks.

I notice this on my 1.05 Pro as well. Sometime the sound gets very quiet. You can hear the music playing but it is about half volume.

#203 1 year ago

So just to be clear.... I love the movie code and do have it . It's running on 1.03 on my Premium

Am I missing alot from Sterns current code or is most of it there.

Also should I keep it at 1.03 or update to 1.05.

THX and LMK

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So just to be clear.... I love the movie code and do have it . It's running on 1.03 on my Premium
Am I missing alot from Sterns current code or is most of it there.
Also should I keep it at 1.03 or update to 1.05.
THX and LMK

I think yer just missing on insider connect.
and it looks like these changes:
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- changed "DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL" default from 8 to 6 to match what the PRO version of the code does
- changed "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" to default to NO when the competition install is made
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I think yer just missing on insider connect.
and it looks like these changes:
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- changed "DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL" default from 8 to 6 to match what the PRO version of the code does
- changed "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" to default to NO when the competition install is made
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players

So your saying keep my current code version if I enjoy the movie code as not much was added after feature wise correct ?

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So your saying keep my current code version if I enjoy the movie code as not much was added after feature wise correct ?

yeah, basically adjustments you can make on your own.

#207 1 year ago

Has anyone heard of any issues with raptor tri-ball and the 1.03 ultimate code? On my game (pro) the raptor targets register in switch test and they award points when hit but don’t progress at all towards capturing raptors, etc. can’t figure out why.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The only real difference is 1.05 has the home team for insider connect.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Has anyone heard of any issues with raptor tri-ball and the 1.03 ultimate code? On my game (pro) the raptor targets register in switch test and they award points when hit but don’t progress at all towards capturing raptors, etc. can’t figure out why.

Raptor multi ball works as intended on my game at 1.03, but I have a premium so the code is looking for a different switch I believe. Any chance you have the premium code loaded on a pro?

#209 1 year ago

Well, when I got the code I asked for the pro code. Is there a way to tell on the machine? I already got another copy of the pro code so I could try to reinstall that and see if it changes the behavior.

#210 1 year ago

Well, when I got the code I asked for the pro code. Is there a way to tell on the machine? I already got another copy of the pro code so I could try to reinstall that and see if it changes the behavior.

I would load the stock code... and see

#211 1 year ago

When you start the game it shows the JP logo and then the screen says Jurassic park PRE or PRO and the version you are running.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

When you start the game it shows the JP logo and then the screen says Jurassic park PRE or PRO and the version you are running.

The Prem code says LE...

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Says Jurassic Park Pro v1.05

2 months later
#214 1 year ago

I am running movie code. I'd like to put 1.07 on a different SD card to use occasionally. The update they have on the website is for a usb update. will that work or do i have to somehow burn a full copy onto an SD card and if so, how with the code they provide?

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

I am running movie code. I'd like to put 1.07 on a different SD card to use occasionally. The update they have on the website is for a usb update. will that work or do i have to somehow burn a full copy onto an SD card and if so, how with the code they provide?

Download the full image and wrote that to a new card. Now you can freely swap back and forth.

#216 1 year ago

lol i just saw they have a separate section for full images on the Stern website. came on here to delete my post. thanks

3 months later
#217 10 months ago

Gday guys, I must be stupid..or some. When i download the alternative movie code it is in a zip as raw. and for the life of me I do not know how to unzip it to 'all files' to put onto a card to use!!! Any advice would appreciated....help please!

#218 10 months ago
Quoted from Travellingfoxes:

Gday guys, I must be stupid..or some. When i download the alternative movie code it is in a zip as raw. and for the life of me I do not know how to unzip it to 'all files' to put onto a card to use!!! Any advice would appreciated....help please!

Search this thread or the other JP main threads for how to write an sdcard using win32imager application on a windows PC. It’s been covered in detail perhaps a dozen times so you’ll have no trouble finding all the details on the steps needed. It’s very simple and just needs you to have a brand name 16GB blank sdcard and a card writer connected to your windows pc.

1 month later
#219 9 months ago

If one were to switch back and forth between a “stock” SD card and one with ultimate code, would each card have different high scores?

#220 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

If one were to switch back and forth between a “stock” SD card and one with ultimate code, would each card have different high scores?

Yup... and any adjustments you made.... like free play etc

#221 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Yes.

#222 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Love how you share something you hate and is not yours..... issues....

Is it mine if i own the dvd, the bluray and the soundtrack on cd?

#223 9 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Not to redistribute.....

#224 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Not to redistribute.....

Can i share it with others who allready have it?

#225 9 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Can i share it with others who allready have it?

Not sure what you are asking?

#226 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

What I do is use the backup utility and backup all settings and high scores to a usb thumb drive, then swap SD cards, then restore settings from the usb thumb drive after.

#227 8 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So much misinformation about fair use. Technically, none of this is legal. It’s not legal no matter how many copies of Jurassic Park you own. It’s not legal even if you’re Steven Spielberg or Jeff Goldblum.

Distribution makes it worse, but if Universal wanted to come after you for owning the movie code in your own home, they could. Of course… they won’t because that’s ridiculous. Half the JP shit on eBay or Etsy is also illegal and doesn’t fall under fair use.

Just FYI.

#228 8 months ago

Any issues with swapping between the new 1.08 version and the movie code?

Also I only just got my JP (May 23 built). Is there firmware issues to worry about with the node boards??

#229 8 months ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

Also I only just got my JP (May 23 built). Is there firmware issues to worry about with the node boards??

To be extra certain that the 1.05 code will work with your May23 build, what color are the node boards in your machine (Blue or Green)? The GREEN boards are the original and will work with ANY version of gamecode firmware. The BLUE boards shipped in some games after Sep2022 *may* only work on newer firmware.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

#230 8 months ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

My Jp prem was built in may and I swap back and forth, with no problems

#231 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

To be extra certain that the 1.05 code will work with your May23 build, what color are the node boards in your machine (Blue or Green)?

I will check after work but from memory I believe they are blue

#232 8 months ago

This movie code is awesome! I just installed it today. It is a shame that they stopped working on it as I highly doubt Stern would do anything at all... Maybe once they stop producing this game the people behind the movie code will resume?

Question, I noticed that it won't connect to my wifi network and I'm wondering does this custom code not work with wifi, insider connected, or home team?

#233 8 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

This movie code is awesome! I just installed it today. It is a shame that they stopped working on it as I highly doubt Stern would do anything at all... Maybe once they stop producing this game the people behind the movie code will resume?
Question, I noticed that it won't connect to my wifi network and I'm wondering does this custom code not work with wifi, insider connected, or home team?

The custom AV code is version 1.05 game code. Wifi and the rest of the features was not supported in Version 1.05

#234 8 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Maybe once they stop producing this game the people behind the movie code will resume?

Very doubtful. There was aLOT of drama caused by people on this forum that made a lot of noise for no reason whatsoever. All the original creator asked was to not disseminate it openly and to contact him directly to obtain the code.

He has since moved on and wants to distance himself from the past.

#235 8 months ago

The custom AV code is version 1.05 game code. Wifi and the rest of the features was not supported in Version 1.05

Major bummer.

#236 8 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Very doubtful. There was aLOT of drama caused by people on this forum that made a lot of noise for no reason whatsoever. All the original creator asked was to not disseminate it openly and to contact him directly to obtain the code.
He has since moved on and wants to distance himself from the past.

That is a shame. I wonder if somebody else could pick up the baton.

#237 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:To be extra certain that the 1.05 code will work with your May23 build, what color are the node boards in your machine (Blue or Green)? The GREEN boards are the original and will work with ANY version of gamecode firmware. The BLUE boards shipped in some games after Sep2022 *may* only work on newer firmware.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

So when it doesn't work, is it just a matter of swapping back or is there a potential for problems

#238 8 months ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

So when it doesn't work, is it just a matter of swapping back or is there a potential for problems

On machines with the original Node boards, you can swap versions of gamecode up or down at will. Nothing breaks, and microcode re-loads the node boards at powerup. For *some* machines with REDESIGNED node boards (rumours of these produced in 2021) then you can only use the newer code supplied with the machine or later.

2 weeks later
#239 8 months ago

On machines with the original Node boards, you can swap versions of gamecode up or down at will. Nothing breaks, and microcode re-loads the node boards at powerup. For *some* machines with REDESIGNED node boards (rumours of these produced in 2021) then you can only use the newer code supplied with the machine or later.

This is good to know. I was looking for this code but I have a later production machine so I guess I'm SOL at the moment.

#240 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is good to know. I was looking for this code but I have a later production machine so I guess I'm SOL at the moment.

No, you're not. PM sent.

#241 8 months ago

We got to try and get the movie code project moving again, it is so good but needs wifi, insider connected, and home team. Is there nobody in the community that have the skills to do this? I'm not a coder but we got to have a couple here with a JP. TMNT has different code and Stern or the IP holder (Paramount Global) didn't come after them. Also, you can remain anonymous online with some basic steps.

#242 8 months ago

@daveyvandy, is it possible to get the Jurassic Park movie code updated to the latest code, or does your system only work for video assets and not audio?

#243 8 months ago

What software is used to create this game code? Is it just PinBrowser or something else?

I would love to tinker with this on my own. I already have decent video and audio editing software so creating clips and audio files would be easy enough.

#244 8 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

What software is used to create this game code? Is it just PinBrowser or something else?
I would love to tinker with this on my own. I already have decent video and audio editing software so creating clips and audio files would be easy enough.

Clips are already done. No need to reinvent the wheel.

#245 8 months ago

Following this. Just ordered a 30th anniversary today and have heard great things about this code.

Also a dev, so might be able to help get something running

#246 8 months ago

Does anyone happen to have the 1.05 premium stern game code as they have deleted from their website.
Or advice as to where to get it. Thankyou in advance.

#247 8 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Yes, Pinball Browser. The main issue is the sheer volume of assets, and every time Stern releases new codes the addressing of those assets changes.

1 week later
#248 7 months ago

I looked at this today comparing the 1.05 code with the new 1.11... the video portion is doable because there are approx 400 video clips to compare. The audio however is very daunting because there are approx 4000 files to compare and I haven't seen a file with good notes and version 1.11 made a lot of sound updates. This is my first time using the pinball browser software but it appears once you have a clean mapping you can run a macro from version to version and it is fairly easy. The problem is right now it appears the entire mapping has to be done manually and that is a lot of files to try and compare.

Not to mention nobody wants to deal with the hassle the original creator was put through by members of this forum.

#249 7 months ago
Quoted from necrotimus:

Not to mention nobody wants to deal with the hassle the original creator was put through by members of this forum.

So what's the back story there?

#250 7 months ago

When u turn on the game, it will tell you what version of code its running.

Quoted from necrotimus:

I looked at this today comparing the 1.05 code with the new 1.11... the video portion is doable because there are approx 400 video clips to compare. The audio however is very daunting because there are approx 4000 files to compare and I haven't seen a file with good notes and version 1.11 made a lot of sound updates. This is my first time using the pinball browser software but it appears once you have a clean mapping you can run a macro from version to version and it is fairly easy. The problem is right now it appears the entire mapping has to be done manually and that is a lot of files to try and compare.

If someone just left the stock code and rolled the factory 1.11 with some movie asset easter eggs, i think thst would be the winner. The intro, trex chase scene, intro at the visitors center... and that extra ball animation would be good enough. The new call outs are fine for the most part. The original movie code went for total completness but it wasnt as engaging as the factory code as far as a game goes. It felt more detatched.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.