(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago

anyone want to share their premium code with me?

#152 1 year ago

Message me for the code if you need it. It is still being made available for all.

1 month later
#153 1 year ago

So I’m thinking of adding stern insider connect to my JP. can anyone confirm that Tim’s latest code works with insider? I think his latest code was 1.03 and insider was introduced in 1.05? Thanks

#154 1 year ago

I believe 1.05 of the movie code was the last compatible version, I don't have IC though to confirm.

#155 1 year ago

Does anyone have the code for the pro?

#156 1 year ago

I always would be interested in the 1.05 code if someone can PM me (please)

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from alpo3744:

Does anyone have the code for the pro?

Quoted from 67cutlass:

I always would be interested in the 1.05 code if someone can PM me (please)

I too am looking for 1.05 pro code. If anyone has it.

#158 1 year ago

I've never understood the gatekeeping with this code. Go look at the masterpiece that is the TMNT 1987 code and then appreciate that the creator didn't hide it and swear everyone to secrecy like some dark cult.

#159 1 year ago

Any version available without the custom audio?
I really like the video but I prefer the stock audio.

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've never understood the gatekeeping with this code. Go look at the masterpiece that is the TMNT 1987 code and then appreciate that the creator didn't hide it and swear everyone to secrecy like some dark cult.

I understand that Stern locked their stuff down that future Ultimate code updates aren't possible. Hence, the code creator decided to stop supporting it and distributing it.

I don't think that means that people can't distribute it themselves though, right?

After all, why would the developer now choose to actively prevent people from enjoying the code he spent all that time creating?

What they made is great. I'd be quite disappointed if I couldn't get the ultimate code on my game.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I understand that Stern locked their stuff down that future Ultimate code updates aren't possible. Hence, the code creator decided to stop supporting it and distributing it.
I don't think that means that people can't distribute it themselves though, right?
After all, why would the developer now choose to actively prevent people from enjoying the code he spent all that time creating?
What they made is great. I'd be quite disappointed if I couldn't get the ultimate code on my game.

Isn't that exactly what is going on here? People are forbidden from distributing the code?

#162 1 year ago

Maybe so he dosent get sued etc for copyright infringment.....

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Isn't that exactly what is going on here? People are forbidden from distributing the code?

Maybe. I don't think the developer ever told people they don't want it shared though.

Here was the post where he mentioned he was forced to stop working on it and that he was no longer going to distribute it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/36#post-7112630

They clearly state that people with the code should continue to enjoy it. I would think that means that they're OK with people sharing it so that others can enjoy it. They're just done with making it and distributing it themselves.

Them restricting its distribution goes against their messaging that they believe people should be able to update their games with customer code if they want to.

#164 1 year ago

Maybe. I don't think the developer ever told people they don't want it shared though.
Here was the post where he mentioned he was forced to stop working on it and that he was no longer going to distribute it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/36#post-7112630
They clearly state that people with the code should continue to enjoy it. I would think that means that they're OK with people sharing it so that others can enjoy it. They're just done with making it and distributing it themselves.
Them restricting its distribution goes against their messaging that they believe people should be able to update their games with customer code if they want to.

One of the subtle points the creator referred to was his compliance with the Fair Use copyright terms. As I understood his distribution process, each person that downloaded AND USED his custom code was attesting that they had already licensed the original content themselves (owning the JP DVD for example), and were merely using it in another format. The Fair Use laws provide for this.

#165 1 year ago

I was given the code a couple years back and told not to share it. I don't have it anymore and I see a lot of people here looking for it and no one volunteering to share it. Someone above offered to share it and now they're suspended from messaging on pinside. Is that related somehow? I don't remember much at this point, but if my memory serves, the creator made you swear up and down that you wouldn't share the code, and then after soliciting donations again and again, only then would he send a unique link to download the code. If I'm wrong, please correct me... But as I understand it, the reason no one will share the code is because they're obligated not to, and it looks like pinside is even enforcing the sharing ban.

#166 1 year ago

following

#167 1 year ago

Anyone savvy enough to revive this project on the newest versions of code?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was given the code a couple years back and told not to share it. I don't have it anymore and I see a lot of people here looking for it and no one volunteering to share it. Someone above offered to share it and now they're suspended from messaging on pinside. Is that related somehow? I don't remember much at this point, but if my memory serves, the creator made you swear up and down that you wouldn't share the code, and then after soliciting donations again and again, only then would he send a unique link to download the code. If I'm wrong, please correct me... But as I understand it, the reason no one will share the code is because they're obligated not to, and it looks like pinside is even enforcing the sharing ban.

Thanks for the added context. That would explain why it's been so hard to get someone to share a copy of the code with me. I haven't been following the updated code project until now as I finally have the game.

I'm disappointed to hear the developer of this updated code clearly feels that Stern should keep their system open to allow anyone to modify their code, but they themselves seemingly wanted to lock down their own code. Seems a little hypocritical to me, but I'm probably missing more context.

#169 1 year ago

The original creator is a good guy, and I am sure he has his reasons for not wanting to be associated with this project anymore (and does not want the code distributed since shutting it down). I believe part of the terms and conditions which were agreed upon when downloading the code, was that you would not redistribute it.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The original creator is a good guy, and I am sure he has his reasons for not wanting to be associated with this project anymore (and does not want the code distributed since shutting it down). I believe part of the terms and conditions which were agreed upon when downloading the code, was that you would not redistribute it.

It's pretty ridiculous to create something using assets owned by others and then demand that people not distribute it themselves. He ignored the requirement of stern to not modify their code and the legal requirement of universal to not use their video and audio content without a license. I don't see how anyone has any obligation to honor such an agreement when he didn't honor the agreements with the license holders himself.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's pretty ridiculous to create something using assets owned by others and then demand that people not distribute it themselves. He ignored the requirement of stern to not modify their code and the legal requirement of universal to not use their video and audio content without a license. I don't see how anyone has any obligation to honor such an agreement when he didn't honor the agreements with the license holders himself.

It's been brought up many times before. Falls on deaf ears or gets people in shit from Pinside. Creator has a pretty big fanboy base here. I dared say once that I found the movie code irrelevant to game play (actors that aren't coded in game, etc) and just got shit on. Never said it was bad code just not relevant to the actual game play. Just because it's a memorable line in the movie doesn't make it relevant or appropriate in the game. Whatever. I used to swap between the 2 codes but when I installed IC I just went stock code.

#172 1 year ago

Love this code tried to get it several times in the past and no-go.

This code can still be had from PoMC apparently

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's been brought up many times before. Falls on deaf ears or gets people in shit from Pinside. Creator has a pretty big fanboy base here. I dared say once that I found the movie code irrelevant to game play (actors that aren't coded in game, etc) and just got shit on. Never said it was bad code just not relevant to the actual game play. Just because it's a memorable line in the movie doesn't make it relevant or appropriate in the game. Whatever. I used to swap between the 2 codes but when I installed IC I just went stock code.

I've told people before in the main game thread that the movie code is confusing if you're trying to learn the game because the callouts don't make sense and the guy sent me an angry pm telling me that what I said was unacceptable. He's so sensitive about the code that he had to chew me out for giving an opinion that really wasn't even harsh, it was just an honest assessment of how the callouts don't fit the context. Add that to the secret society level of devotion that he demands from people to get the code in the first place and the "taking my ball and going home" attitude when he decides to stop supporting it and you have to think there's something wrong. I don't understand why pinside seems to be encouraging it honestly.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Love this code tried to get it several times in the past and no-go.
This code can still be had from PoMC apparently

Yup. I was just provided the pro 1.05 code.

Excited to get it running.

#176 1 year ago

Are there instructions on how to set it up and get it working? (Windows machine).

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's like when I go to Torrent sites and they have all these rules about the comment section... The main function of their site is to host pirated content and the admins are uptight about the comment section lol

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Can't you use IC with the movie code?

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Can't you use IC with the movie code?

The movie codes only supports version 1.05 of Sterns code. Which does support IC, but newer features like 'Home Team' aren't supported.

#180 1 year ago

Maybe this code will be updated somebody by another person.

#181 1 year ago

The movie codes only supports version 1.05 of Sterns code. Which does support IC, but newer features like 'Home Team' aren't supported.

I se hometeam a lot. Avoids needing QR scanners on all my games.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I se hometeam a lot. Avoids needing QR scanners on all my games.

I agree.

It is a bit of a shame there isn't a 1.07 updated code as home team is a great feature.

Better assets are more important to me than insider connected achievements though.

#183 1 year ago

Remember that PinballBrowser first needs to support new version images from Stern before anyone can make edits to those images….

#184 1 year ago

Was just going to ask that question Mark. Does it not support the latest versions yet? Any idea if it is being worked?

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Was just going to ask that question Mark. Does it not support the latest versions yet? Any idea if it is being worked?

Check with oga83 on his planned support for newer software images for many machines. He updates PinballBrowser one or twice a year and he may already be working on an updated version… but check with him for details.

#186 1 year ago

Can somebody share the latest movie code with me for a Prem. I had it on my LE but had to downgrade to a Prem and would love to add the code back.

Thx!

2 weeks later
#187 1 year ago

I still provide access to the movie code. Just message me. I was banned from Pinside by a moderator for a few weeks and was also on cruises for vacation at the same time. But back now.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

Any version available without the custom audio?
I really like the video but I prefer the stock audio.

Anyone?

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I still provide access to the movie code. Just message me. I was banned from Pinside by a moderator for a few weeks and was also on cruises for vacation at the same time. But back now.

Thanks for fighting the good fight.

I thought there was a dev tree that listed out the changes etc... if im gonna jump to ic, may as well have ht support

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Thanks for fighting the good fight.
I thought there was a dev tree that listed out the changes etc... if im gonna jump to ic, may as well have ht support

You bet. I very much dislike the movie code personally. Think it's the drizzlingly shits. But what I hate more are gatekeeper fanboys preventing anyone else from having what they have.

So the code freely flows to anyone who asks for it. I made some changes to the high score names recently too.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You bet. I very much dislike the movie code personally. Think it's the drizzlingly shits. But what I hate more are gatekeeper fanboys preventing anyone else from having what they have.
So the code freely flows to anyone who asks for it. I made some changes to the high score names recently too.

Which version? IC enabled?

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Which version? IC enabled?

1.05 with basic insider connected. No Home Team feature.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Love how you share something you hate and is not yours..... issues....

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Love how you share something you hate and is not yours..... issues....

Thanks! You won’t believe the amount of messages I get every day asking for this. People are grateful to have it because they’ve heard of it and now that they are getting their Jurassic Park games, they would like to try it and see what all the hubbub was about.

And it’s mine now. I made changes to it and it’s my version since no one else will release it to anyone who asks for it. Not sure why you care, what did you have to do with anything in this?

Can you explain why you don’t want anyone else to have this and what makes you personally invested in whether someone has it on their game or not?

Talk about fucking issues.

#196 1 year ago

JMCFAN

Fucking crickets.

C'mon man, tell everyone why you have this code and want to deny anyone from having it?

You're Mr. Big Beef Downvoter when this horseshit movie code is shared. Why?

#197 1 year ago

1.03 version for pro is good.
1.05 version for pro is bugged: some tracks dont have bass sounds.
its the same for the premium version?
thanks.

#198 1 year ago

Can you load 1.03 code after loading 1.05 code? When I did the 1.05 code it said it updated some node boards.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Can you load 1.03 code after loading 1.05 code? When I did the 1.05 code it said it updated some node boards.

Yes

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Yes, when you load ANY version of gamecode, each time it will update the machine's firmware on node boards if different than the version the image contains. You will likely see the node boards updating message each time you swap to a new gamecode version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.