(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No, they are not clear if you've never played the game before.
I received my game with this code update already installed and my wife and I thought the game SUCKED. I was really disappointed after making the trade for JP, until I put the original code back in. Then the game came ALIVE, with the game being fun to play because now the rules and objectives made sense. The code can be neat "party trick" when you're had the game for a while just to see something else or if you have a total lack of imagination and need the game to show the original movie for you.

Man, you really have a bug up your ass about this...and you even called out his code in the MD for sale thread. Let it go already. You're the one that keeps bringing it up, but the one time I tag you and say that you're the one guy that doesn't like it, you get pissed about me "dragging you into it."

You make your own code for other games; would you like it if somebody talked about your work the way you talk about the JP code?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does this code not sorta muddle what you're supposed to do when rescuing people? I'm very impressed by the audio visuals, but if a newbie played just this version, is it still clear the objectives?

Maybe try the original code, it "may" help give a better grasp of the ruleset, JP is a reasonably complicated game however and even with all the original code it's pretty damn confusing to newbies... Personally I'll never go back to the original code. It's chalk and cheese.

#103 2 years ago

If you learn the rules you do not need someone telling you what to hit, I would never play on the original code again.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does this code not sorta muddle what you're supposed to do when rescuing people? I'm very impressed by the audio visuals, but if a newbie played just this version, is it still clear the objectives?

Yeah, as someone who originally was upset that the game didn't have any movie assets...after owning and playing it a ton, I'm skeptical that I would like the movie code, since the plot & events of the game are wholly original and don't involve the movie characters at all (aside from Nedry).

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, as someone who originally was upset that the game didn't have any movie assets...after owning and playing it a ton, I'm skeptical that I would like the movie code, since the plot & events of the game are wholly original and don't involve the movie characters at all (aside from Nedry).

You'd like it. I'm not even a huge fan of the movies, but it makes the game.

1 month later
#106 2 years ago

The movie code is an amazing effort. Really cool and transformative project. That being said...

...the movie code is absolutely not necessary to enjoy playing JP. I've seen people say that they won't buy a Jurassic Park if they can't install the movie code, and that's just silly. The game is great with the original code and with the movie code. I honestly don't know which I prefer, but I will say that the original code is a bit more cohesive and I feel like it's easier to follow what's going on with the original code. Not sure why exactly that is, but that's just how it seems to me. Anyway, I'd for sure recommend playing with the original code first, and then trying out the movie code. It was very cool seeing the movie clips the first time, and I think I'll likely move back and forth between the two versions. Same as I did with the Beatles alternative codes.

2 weeks later
#107 2 years ago

Hi ! Where I Can find the link for the Premium/LE code please ?

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Hi ! Where I Can find the link for the Premium/LE code please ?

Read post #1
Pm timlah79

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The movie code is an amazing effort. Really cool and transformative project. That being said...
...the movie code is absolutely not necessary to enjoy playing JP.

The only thing I miss with movie code is the music. For example when raptor door needs the last hit, original music is sooooo much better. Original music is epic. Movie mod music is just pleasant. I love the control room musics from the movie, but the stern original ones add more stress and immersion. Movie clip integration is perfect. I switch from one to the other. It’s like you had 2 pinball machines, it’s maybe even better than having one perfect mod for my taste (movie clip but keeping some original musics). It’s an awesome and impressive work.

1 month later
#110 2 years ago

Stern just released code 1.05.0 today...how does this effect the movie code?

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern just released code 1.05.0 today...how does this effect the movie code?

Looks basically like Insider Connected stuff. Not necessary.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png

#112 2 years ago

I pm'd Tim inquiring about code impact

#113 2 years ago

Im the new firmware they added goat mode for everyone, even if you don't have the topper.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Im the new firmware they added goat mode for everyone, even if you don't have the topper.

What the heck is "Goat mode"??

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

but you need the Stern IC

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What the heck is "Goat mode"??

1 week later
#117 2 years ago

I may give IC a try for the Goat mode

3 weeks later
#118 2 years ago

Does anyone know if I update the stern code to 1.05 so that I have Insider connected working with achievements, can I then swap out the sd card for my sd card that has the movie code on it and it will all work (without IC functionality)? It would be good to be able to do the achievements and revert back to movie code later.

Thanks
Ed

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Does anyone know if I update the stern code to 1.05 so that I have Insider connected working with achievements, can I then swap out the sd card for my sd card that has the movie code on it and it will all work (without IC functionality)? It would be good to be able to do the achievements and revert back to movie code later.
Thanks
Ed

No, it will not work. The entire software is on the card. When you swap the old 1.03 AV card back in, all of the features introduced in 1.05 will be gone.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

No, it will not work. The entire software is on the card. When you swap the old 1.03 AV card back in, all of the features introduced in 1.05 will be gone.

I think he’s asking if he swap the 2 SD cards, one with 1.05 so he work on achievements, then swap to 1.03 for movie code(no achievements)
I don’t foresee any issue, but I haven’t done it.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think he’s asking if he swap the 2 SD cards, one with 1.05 so he work on achievements, then swap to 1.03 for movie code(no achievements)
I don’t foresee any issue, but I haven’t done it.

Someone else posted that this works without issue

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Someone else posted that this works without issue

I swap between the two all the time without issue.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I swap between the two all the time without issue.

What happens with high scores. Save on usb and load on the other?

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Of the two stern toppers I bought into, the AIQ topper looks better and has a better bonus mode.. Now you don't even really have a unique bonus mode.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Of the two stern toppers I bought into, the AIQ topper looks better and has a better bonus mode.. Now you don't even really have a unique bonus mode.

Just a clarification, to play goat mode you either need the topper or Inside Connect (IC), so it is still somewhat unique. The way the f/w update description read, some initially thought that all machines would have access to goat mode but this is not the case.

#126 2 years ago

I still haven't had a chance to try out the movie code. Hopefully this weekend I can try it.

Is there custom sound/vids for the Escape from Nublar challenge mode too?

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Thanks
Ed

Quoted from PinPickle:

What happens with high scores. Save on usb and load on the other?

Yes, you can SAVE high scores to USB before you swap the SD CARD, and then load it back in when the new card is up.

m

4 weeks later
#128 2 years ago

If I have this on the SD card, when Stern does an update how do I update it?

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from rogrocker:

if you update your machine with the Stern update..... you dont....

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from rogrocker:

Keep in mind that Stern doesn't distribute 'updates'. They distribute new versions of 'gamecode'. The whole shebang is contained in the image you download from Stern's website! If you change the SDcard, you change the entire software gamecode. So when Stern releases new game code, it entirely replaces the software that was installed. None of the software stays on the Pinball machine when you swap the SDcard.

3 months later
#131 1 year ago

So if I understand the previous posts correctly, you can not use the movie code, and still login to Stern Insider? I so, easy choice, the movie code is just too cool.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from danastude:

So if I understand the previous posts correctly, you can not use the movie code, and still login to Stern Insider? I so, easy choice, the movie code is just too cool.

I would check with the author of the movie code on current status regarding 1.05 (which supports IC)... timlah79

#133 1 year ago

You can use custom code and login to insider connected just fine. I have custom code on 4 of my Sterns and use Insider Connected. You can also swap SD cards back and forth without any issue.

1 week later
#134 1 year ago

Not sure if this is related, but I just got my JP Premium Edition. I used to play the Pro Edition in an arcade and my favorite scene was the board getting dark and the dark and thunder and lightning kicking in (for the T-Rex presumably). I haven't noticed this scene in my new table and kind of bummed out. Do you think I was playing a modded machine in the arcade? I'm using 1.05.0 so should be up to date.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from dmrozek:

Not sure if this is related, but I just got my JP Premium Edition. I used to play the Pro Edition in an arcade and my favorite scene was the board getting dark and the dark and thunder and lightning kicking in (for the T-Rex presumably). I haven't noticed this scene in my new table and kind of bummed out. Do you think I was playing a modded machine in the arcade? I'm using 1.05.0 so should be up to date.

Are any any movie clips in yours? If not, you probably have stock code.

#136 1 year ago

No movie clips. I knew something was different! Who do I contact for the mod (I'm new here)? Thx

#137 1 year ago

Contact @timlah79. He handles distribution of the movie code.

3 weeks later
#138 1 year ago

timlah79 any chance you will update your movie code to work with V1.05.0? I know it has been done with other custom mixes and works just fine with Insider Connected.

#139 1 year ago

timlah79 any chance you will update your movie code to work with V1.05.0? I know it has been done with other custom mixes and works just fine with Insider Connected.

My JP Pro v1.05 WITHOUT Stern Insider Connected works 100% fine with his code. I'm guessing in this case the question is specifically for code integrating with Insider?

#140 1 year ago

He already has. You just need to contact him.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm guessing in this case the question is specifically for code integrating with Insider?

Thats correct.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He already has. You just need to contact him.

Awesome. Thanks!

3 months later
#143 1 year ago

timlah79 Hi good sir I am getting my first pinball next week and I so wish I had that code. Kind regards

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

timlah79 Hi good sir I am getting my first pinball next week and I so wish I had that code. Kind regards

... Yet another fake account to stir the pot... I wonder who

#145 1 year ago

Fake? I am trying to get the code for premium. I am going to get my first pinball machine in a week or two and I was so excited to see this version. Is there any way I can get the code?

#146 1 year ago

Fake? I am trying to get the code for premium. I am going to get my first pinball machine in a week or two and I was so excited to see this version. Is there any way I can get the code?

Nope

#147 1 year ago

Why is that? Please explain what happend?

#148 1 year ago

Why is that? Please explain what happend?

Developer retired it. No longer available.

#149 1 year ago

Life Finds a Way

#150 1 year ago

Figured as much...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips/page/3?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.