(Topic ID: 276752)

Jurassic Park (Stern): The Ultimate Code (w/Movie Clips)!

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.18.13 AM (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
stern1 (resized).JPG
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

delt31 He's speaking to the stock raptor shaking it's head back and forth animation (similar to the movie right after Ellie says that line) when your extra ball is ready for you to shoot it. bbulkley There are multiple different possible movie callouts I've put here that will play but the game only allows for one video. "We're back in business" is actually a movie line variation I added to ball saved. Even with that in place, I think that "same" movie scene of the raptor popping out after she says that line in the movie would be a good happy medium to add tho, delt. Especially since the audio variations are what they are and at least it would "match" the animation Stern put in. Food for thought! Thanks for the suggestion!

Ask and you shall receive! I put in the video in along with some other updates - see below for the updated code revision. Should be ready soon.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ask and you shall receive! I put in the video in along with some other updates - see below for the updated code revision. Should be ready soon.

That’s awesome!

#53 3 years ago

Nice job! I would say the worst CGI effort ever by Stern is this new Avengers. Now there you have a challenge, Avengers would be an amazing game to update with real clips or even Deadpool.

You really have done an amazing job. Kudos!

I have a question though... if Stern comes out with a new JP update, and you add it, would that then knock out your update and revert everything back to original? How do you add your update while also adding Sterns updates?

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Nice job! I would say the worst CGI effort ever by Stern is this new Avengers. Now there you have a challenge, Avengers would be an amazing game to update with real clips or even Deadpool.
You really have done an amazing job. Kudos!
I have a question though... if Stern comes out with a new JP update, and you add it, would that then knock out your update and revert everything back to original? How do you add your update while also adding Sterns updates?

Unfortunately that is not possible, as the image (whether the official Stern or the custom audio & video) that is written to the SD card is the complete software package. This is why when Stern release a new version, Tim and Delt have to reapply their customisations and Stern don't make it easy as they change the locations of the audio and video clips between versions (seemingly to discourage those attempting customisations). I doubt that Stern would ever create an open format whereby audio and videos was separated from the gamecode to allow them to updated independently.

#55 3 years ago

That looks amazing!!!

#56 3 years ago

guys - I'm getting a lot of pms about the next version. Short answer - very soon. Tim and I are putting the finishing touches. It's a nice update!

......and donations not required. Haven't taken any but appreciate the offers. If a new pin was offered, donate it to charity! ; )

#57 3 years ago

Updated video capturing a fairly long game with latest.... Soon to be released.... Code

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated video capturing a fairly long game with latest.... Soon to be released.... Code

Any chance you'll make it available for the Pro?

#59 3 years ago

I think.I figured it out. Thanks!

#60 3 years ago

that raw file is way too big. When you unzip the file, the .raw file should be about 7gb. I would redownload, unzip and then select that raw file to flash to your SD card.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that raw file is way too big. When you unzip the file, the .raw file should be about 7gb. I would redownload, unzip and then select that raw file to flash to your SD card.

Thanks Delt. I uploaded a different picture. Isn't the blue file on the left in the 2nd picture the correct one to load and write to the SD via Win32imager?

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks Delt. I uploaded a different picture. Isn't the blue file on the left in the 2nd picture the correct one to load and write to the SD via Win32imager?

Yes second picture file on left is the one you want to flash to your sd card using win

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Any chance you'll make it available for the Pro?

+1

#64 3 years ago

Quick question here.

I picked up a premium this weekend with this update already installed. It's VERY cool, but I'd like to check out the stock video/code. If I want to switch back to the stock code, could I just write that code to a new SD card? Can I then swap between the two codes as I see fit?

Also, do all of the settings and high scores stay on that respective SD card?

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Quick question here.
I picked up a premium this weekend with this update already installed. It's VERY cool, but I'd like to check out the stock video/code. If I want to switch back to the stock code, could I just write that code to a new SD card? Can I then swap between the two codes as I see fit?

I did this yes you can swap cards. I would backup settings via usb thou

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

I did this yes you can swap cards. I would backup settings via usb thou

So the settings don't store to that SD card? There is some other sort of memory in the machine?

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Quick question here.

Jump over to the Stern JP Custom Audio project thread and look at note #452. It explains how to save scores to USB, swap the SDCARD, and then restore scores from USB.

#68 3 years ago

Stream of the latest code about to be released!

See prior broadcast

https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stream of the latest code about to be released!
See prior broadcast
https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Nice!

#70 3 years ago

Latest version of the code is now released! Tim has done a very nice breakdown of all the updates. I don't take nearly as much time to explain what was done but just trust me - I put a lot more in here and Tim even included some custom videos himself. This is truly the ultimate code!

Check this thread for additional instructions. Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#71 3 years ago

Can someone help me out here? What am I doing wrong. It's the same card I used for the old custom code. Came with my game. I didn't do it.

So I stick it in my PC and format it. Then I used Win32 disc imager and I get this error....any ideas?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#72 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone help me out here? What am I doing wrong. It's the same card I used for the old custom code. Came with my game. I didn't do it.
So I stick it in my PC and format it. Then I used Win32 disc imager and I get this error....any ideas?
[quoted image]

SD cards usually have a lock unlock button on their side. Make sure that’s unlocked. If that doesn’t work you may need to delete all the partitions in the SD card. You can do that by right clicking start and go to disc management. Then click on the SD drive letter and delete everything there. Then create a new partition option and keep clicking through. After you did that format the card again. Not an expert but worth a try

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

SD cards usually have a lock unlock button on their side. Make sure that’s unlocked. If that doesn’t work you may need to delete all the partitions in the SD card. You can do that by right clicking start and go to disc management. Then click on the SD drive letter and delete everything there. Then create a new partition option and keep clicking through. After you did that format the card again. Not an expert but worth a try

Correct. When holding the SD card with the metal pins of it facing down, make sure the little slider is all the way down. Also you may be running into an issue with permissions on your PC if you are not logged in as the main admin. Try right-clicking Win32DiskImager and choose "Run as an administrator."

#74 3 years ago

PSA: An "Ultimate" 34TS_D31 version has been released for PRO owners!

Again this has been a collaborative effort with delt31 who has done a ton of video work. I basically took all of his video and my audio work from the latest PREM/LE version and ported it to PRO.

Please see this announcement for how to obtain this PRO 34TS_D31 version: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5892183

The PRO 34TS_D31 version was streamed by Owlnonymous today if you want to check it out!:

#75 3 years ago

Way to go. Does the pro model rely on the same addresses and file locations as the prem/le?

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Way to go. Does the pro model rely on the same addresses and file locations as the prem/le?

Fortunately for Videos, yes. For Audio it's a nightmare, all 3852 sound locations are jumbled to other places. Fortunately I was able to work with the PBrowser dev to help him create a translation / compare firmware's tool. It identifies the HEX shifted locations and spits them out. After that it's all about the macro import method. That's how I was able to create the audio assets version for PRO. Super applause to PB dev, Olivier!

#77 3 years ago

Are there any other games you guys work on for custom audio or is JP the only one now? Thanks for all your work

#78 3 years ago

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere, but I don't know much about sd cards. Is a 16 mb sandisk SDHC card what I'm after?

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere, but I don't know much about sd cards. Is a 16 mb sandisk SDHC card what I'm after?

Yes

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The image will fit on a 8GB SD card so no issues getting a larger capacity like 16GB (not 10MB ). A lot of people are running the Sandisk brand - there are a few types both Tim and Delt recommended SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 SDHC https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Are there any other games you guys work on for custom audio or is JP the only one now? Thanks for all your work

Delt has worked on TMNT and possibly others. I've only worked on JP.

#82 3 years ago

I wanted a JP being a huge fan of the movies, but now I NEED this game! Great work!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The image will fit on a 8GB SD card so no issues getting a larger capacity like 16GB (not 10MB ). A lot of people are running the Sandisk brand - there are a few types both Tim and Delt recommended SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 SDHC amazon.com link »

Thanks, ordered one! Can't wait.

#84 3 years ago

I just realized that all 8GB cards are not created equal. Not just in performance, but in size. I tried a SanDisk 8GB Class 10 and it was a tiny bit larger than a Off-shore 8GB card. Not sure how that is, but the actual size of the two cards side by side are slightly different. Both sold as 8GB cards, but one is 6000 bytes garger! Weird. As Tim suggested 2 months ago, get the 16GB SanDisk Class 10 and be done with trying anything else. And for Windows users, just follow his instructions to the letter, using Win32diskimage and don't touch the card before or after you run the tool. Just get the ZIP image from Tim, UNZIP the RAW file, insert the card, run Win32DiskImage, find the SanDisk as the target and the RAW file as the input, and then burn it. When completed successful, just pop it out of your PC and into the CPU card in JP.

#85 3 years ago

This is so cool!

#86 3 years ago

I tried one of the very early audio updates briefly, but when newer code dropped from Stern, I resorted back to factory code and hadn't thought of it since. Today a friend showed me a link to your latest audio/video updates...holy crap! You guys gave been busy! Will 100% try the new update when it drops. Kudos to all involved, an incredible effort. Looks proper amazing!!

#87 3 years ago

impressive...

#89 3 years ago

Is t-rex chase a 2 ball multiball? I put in the new code/Vid mod and I'm getting one ball, I could have sworn I used to get another kicked out during that mode? Thanks Mike

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Is t-rex chase a 2 ball multiball? I put in the new code/Vid mod and I'm getting one ball, I could have sworn I used to get another kicked out during that mode? Thanks Mike

Should only be 1 ball.

8 months later
#92 2 years ago

I downloaded the code but only the intro appears. Can’t start the game. Any advice?

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from roeggel:

I downloaded the code but only the intro appears. Can’t start the game. Any advice?

Go into adjustments and select free play

#94 2 years ago

Now it works. Thank you

4 weeks later
#95 2 years ago

I have played JP without this Ultimate code and I love the game. However watching and listening to this Ultimate code has blown me away. Can’t wait until I get my JP in December.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I have played JP without this Ultimate code and I love the game. However watching and listening to this Ultimate code has blown me away. Can’t wait until I get my JP in December.

It transforms what is already an amazing pin into a classic!!

#97 2 years ago

Does this code not sorta muddle what you're supposed to do when rescuing people? I'm very impressed by the audio visuals, but if a newbie played just this version, is it still clear the objectives?

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does this code not sorta muddle what you're supposed to do when rescuing people? I'm very impressed by the audio visuals, but if a newbie played just this version, is it still clear the objectives?

No, they are not clear if you've never played the game before.

I received my game with this code update already installed and my wife and I thought the game SUCKED. I was really disappointed after making the trade for JP, until I put the original code back in. Then the game came ALIVE, with the game being fun to play because now the rules and objectives made sense. The code can be neat "party trick" when you're had the game for a while just to see something else or if you have a total lack of imagination and need the game to show the original movie for you.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No, they are not clear if you've never played the game before.
I received my game with this code update already installed and my wife and I thought the game SUCKED. I was really disappointed after making the trade for JP, until I put the original code back in. Then the game came ALIVE, with the game being fun to play because now the rules and objectives made sense. The code can be neat "party trick" when you're had the game for a while just to see something else or if you have a total lack of imagination and need the game to show the original movie for you.

Okay. That's the impression I received when watching videos on it. Thank you.

#100 2 years ago

The only call out that I notice is missing during the paddocks is when a dinosaur is 1 move from a staff member. The oroginal code says something like “a staff member is in peril.” Which becomes annoying to hear and is obvious if you look at the lights.

The game still tells you how many staff need to be rescued, when hit the targets by the truck, and when to hit helipad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.