(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 4 years ago

Can someone tell me how many balls JP uses?

I want to order Silverjets for it.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Confirmed 6...so it's always nice to pick up a few extra and you should have enough.

Thanks!

#327 4 years ago

sk8ball I am taking delivery Friday and really looking forward to exploring this game! Thanks for the rule insight.

#489 4 years ago

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.

IMG_1553.jpgIMG_1553.jpg
#492 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

First downvote ever. Its not cleargate. Its a legitmate concern...

Not saying it isn't. Just saying people who are holding off on NIBs maybe don't have to. This one is fine.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

This is just a cure issue. They built the Pros first to fast and playfields weren't cured. LEs and premiums should be fine.

Mine's a pro with 8/15 born on date.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The rate of this issue popping up on sterns is lower than JJP for sure. At least stern is willing to give you a free PF (populated too I think) where JJP wants you to buy a PF at $550 plus shipping, and the new PF probably has the same problem.

Actually Harry said his replacement PF passed the fingernail test, which is promising.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All I see is a washer and the edge of a washer in his photo. I don't see any bunching, wrinkling or pooling or whatever going on in that photo.
You might be looking at the edge of the washer or the reflection of the edge... optical illusion - at least on his photo....
post #489 photo

Me either. The washer is flat on the clear. People almost WANT problems. Sheesh.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its hard to say but regardless of what it is, i wouldn't be getting too cocky if I were him because this issue is real and it might come back to bite him in the ass and make him look pretty foolish.

If it happens, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#527 4 years ago

For the folks who are SO sure I have pooling clear coat, I made a 4K video. You guys are nuts!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;D1365E6D-918A-4EB7-BA90-FB9D771B3486

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You must have a lot of money if you dont care if it happens. I work really hard for my money and i just cant look at it that way. I take a lot of pride in my collection and if my playfields start chipping it's going to really bum me out.

I hear you, and I can understand that point of view. Normally I am exactly the same way about things - for example I clear bra my cars to hopefully avoid rock chips.

I do try to keep my things as nice as possible. I clean my pins frequently, etc.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am glad that you don't have a problem and i hope that you never do, i don't wish clearcoat chipping off of anyones game at all. These problems upset me for one reason though and its because i am so passionate about pinball and i love Stern games. I don't want them to have problems like this because if they dont get this figured out it may bury them as a company and then we ALL lose.
This problem is real and i dont think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill either. I really want a Jurassic Park game but i wouldn't even consider buying one until i feel comfortable that this is figured out.

I hear you and agree. I’m just saying at least some of them seem to be coming out of the factory fine, is all.

#538 4 years ago

So, to reign in the discussion to the gameplay...

I’m really enjoying it but still figuring things out. One wish I have is for instant skip of all interstitials. I can only listen to “why would Nedry DO this” so many times

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't think he is being cocky. He was just showing his game has washers installed by the factory and it appears his playfield is ok - at least so far. My game also has washers and I don't see any issues on mine around the posts. But yes, I will keep an eye on it.
Sure, there are some playfields that have some kind of issue of the surface being raised around some playfield posts. Hope Stern can figure out why this is occurring and they and their suppliers can eliminate that issue from happening.

Correct. Just trying to bring balance to the force and show it’s not ALL machines.
Boycotting NIB pinball is not an option for me, so I guess I’m taking my chances in the name of having fun.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Those are dealer/distributor sales...
It's amazing to me that anyone would both not notice this and try to make a "thing" out of it.

If there is one thing I've found about Pinside, it's people love to complain, drum up controversy, and find reasons to justify not buying $machine_of_the_month.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are absolutely correct but this issue here is real and worth complaining about. If your playfield chips all to hell maybe you will understand better then because it sure seems like you’re not getting it at all right now.

My POTC LE chipped around the sling posts. I installed washers and larger posts to cover it which was good enough for me to make peace with it.

It does suck, none of us want this obviously, but it's not the end of the world nor is it enough to keep me out of pinball.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet the chipping doesn't stop there and i bet it will be trashed in no time. You should be hammering JJP for a new populated playfield and hammering them publicity constantly instead of giving them another 10K for another game. Just my opinion though......what do i know?

Almost 4000 plays and it's fine. So I'm betting not. I think the discounted playfield offer is a fair one and I do plan on buying it at some point, just to preserve this game for the ages.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you see it spreading, or addional chipping a year from purchase,then what?

Same thing people do when buying a routed classic - restore it.

#577 4 years ago

I got a shaker from Marco for this game - it's awesome and I highly recommend it. Very well integrated with dino stomps!

One note though, the kit I bought had 5/8 inch screws which were too short. I had to source my own 1 inch screws to install it.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

I think people are still figuring it out. What I've learned so far:

Main Objective
=========
Catch dinosaurs in paddocks across the map. White shots to light MAP, left ramp to start, orange rescue shots then yellow Set Trap shots.

Side Objectives
==========
T-Rex Encounters: 3 different kinds of multiball. Shoot the truck to light T-Rex, then shoot the left ramp to start it.
Chaos Multiball: Shoot CHAOS letters then the amber shot

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh that's what I was missing. Had a decent 600 game going but got sort of stuck in a triceratops mode and couldn't figure out how to keep going; duh.
Also need more work on the truck, doesn't seem to move much for me but I'm probably not hitting it right.

Did you remove the factory-shipped rubber band? Don’t feel dumb if you didn’t - I missed it on mine Haha

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So funny I was laying in bed today and wondered if it was secured someway thanks.

Hah, so it was the rubber band? I felt like a complete tool when I found that thing, haha.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've heard of a few people having this issue. Damn Stern and their evil rubber bands!

It's kinda easy to overlook, the bands tuck under the balls.

#703 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed the machine audits are all zeros? At least all the ones I checked. The total plays shows 0, but the “lifetime” counter does count properly.

I’m guessing this is just WIP stuff.

#783 4 years ago

Yeah I'm now getting that too on the small posts. The larger front-facing posts have washers and are fine.

I plan to add washers to the small ones to hide/squash that shit.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

with all of that said. its one hell of a game and super fun to shoot!

I'm still trying to find the shots, I brick a LOT!

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

While I wait for my LE, I would absolutely like to continue to hear how about JP playfield issues. Keep letting us know, it is very much appreciated!!

But in the other thread, right? I share the moderator's fatigue at all the chipping hysteria.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Hysteria? I don't think it's fair calling customer's concern over an issue on their $7,000 product due to a manufacturing defect where the manufacturers have been unable to correct an issue and some have required owners to pay for the fix - Hysteria
I understand through your multiple posts that you are not bothered by it, and that's fine. I have no issue with your stance if that's good for you - it's your money. The issue I have is you continually trying to convince others that this is something we should accept and ignore. This is not an acceptable issue. It's a manufacturing defect that JJP/Stern are aware of and they are currently shipping games with band-aids hoping to cover the issue.
I am not giving up on pinball, i freakin love it. But I am very close to giving up on NIB until I am sure this issue has been fixed. Pinball is a luxury, not a necessity in my life. I am fine playing the tables I have at home. I really want a JP, but not if I am going to have PF issues down the line. I'll stick to location play and buying used tables I can inspect. Good luck down the line trying to sell one of these pins with PF issues.

I’m not trying to convince anyone to do anything. It IS a real issue. I just agree with the poster that the horse has been beaten to death.

#832 4 years ago

So to bring things on topic...

I am finding the shots really tight but satisfying. I love that east west shot into the tower when I land it!

Having a lot of fun with this game.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is the side ramp underused?

Not really - rescue shots use it, for example. It's kinda hard to hit, at least for me. Feels great when you do!

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I originally thought the pro artwork wasn’t that great but after it being in my house for the past week I actually really like it.

I also really like the artwork, nice first effort by Johnny "Crap!"

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You really like the artwork? Zaphx - I'm jealous that your eyeballs are able to take really bad generic art and convey to your brain that it's really good. If I recall correctly, you thought the standard art on Wonka was really good too.....wow.

What I said about Wonka SE art - and I've told you this repeatedly - is that it's better than I expected in person due to the nice gloss on it. Yeah it's basic.

I do like the JP art a lot. Sorry that you don't but this is subjective.

#895 4 years ago

I'm going to stream JP today at 1PM CST. I'm not a strong player, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

Be there or be [ ]

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You heard it here first folks. Corporate hair man isnt streaming wonka any more, hes got a JP now...lol.
Seriously though, what company are you a CEO for? You look awkward in a tshirt...like you wear a suit to bed or something.

"Corporate hair?" Lol. I'll be streaming across my whole collection, right now JP is the new hotness.

Shirt looks awkward, this is true. It's a 3X and I've lost over 100lbs, so it's ridiculously too big for me.

Really puzzled about this "corporate/suit" business though, as I despise them.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF Stern? Can't even include the correct plunger spring!

All pinball machines are hand built by (fallible) humans.

Give them a chance to make it right, I'm sure they will.

#1047 4 years ago

I’m having a weird issue. The left flipper seems to have lost holding power - I noticed that a ball bouncing off of it made it tip downward rather than holding steady.

The right flipper is solid and holds well.

Video demonstrating the issue:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;FF429EA0-50CF-40B7-8882-90D1823A0B7D

I have confirmed the voltage matches on both flippers when engaged.
I have confirmed that the EOS switch is open when the flipper is in the top position, and closed when it’s not.
I have confirmed that the pawl nut is extremely tight, and the flipper bat is not loose.

What else is left? What could this be? I believe anathematize saw the same issue earlier in the thread.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m having a weird issue. The left flipper seems to have lost holding power - I noticed that a ball bouncing off of it made it tip downward rather than holding steady.
The right flipper is solid and holds well.
Video demonstrating the issue:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;FF429EA0-50CF-40B7-8882-90D1823A0B7D
I have confirmed the voltage matches on both flippers when engaged.
I have confirmed that the EOS switch is open when the flipper is in the top position, and closed when it’s not.
I have confirmed that the pawl nut is extremely tight, and the flipper bat is not loose.
What else is left? What could this be? I believe anathematize saw the same issue earlier in the thread.

Update: Found the cause - broken coil stop on the flipper. Pillaged one from Star Wars and I’m back up for now!

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

How does a coil stop break so quickly??

Bad parts happen sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - Raptor pit is extremely tough. I have not activated Raptor multiball yet.
It could use an option for easier settings in game adjustments.
Likewise for Chaos - could use an option to make it easier for us average type players.

Raptor pit is easiest if you backhand it. The ball keeps returning to the left flipper so you can just repeat until MB.

#1096 4 years ago

Made a discovery tonight - maybe obvious to others already. Shooting the ramps lights the values under the spinner shot, boosting it.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

11 days in and I finally hit the double super skill shot. Had the first 2 down but always choked on the watchtower shot.

That shot feels amazing as you start to dial it in, doesn’t it?

#1143 4 years ago

Agreed on the shaker! Stompy Dino fun!

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay that makes sense then, thanks.

I'm just dropping my jaw that you've already gotten there

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Yeah that is a nice touch. I also noticed the new code changed the control room mode for the "system boot" sequence. On the dead flip stream I remember thinking it was quite clever when the call out says "This is a SPIKE system...you know this!" Now, if I heard it right on location the other day it has the original movie quote "This is a UNIX system...you know this". Wondering if others have noticed this change too.

It's random - both are used.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Had a party last night for some local pinheads, everyone loves JP2. I’m going to try to hook up a subwoofer today, T-Rex modes need it!

Shaker if you don’t have one yet!

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is Nedry’s doing

Why would Nedry DO this??

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

How do owners feel about the light show ? To me it is very important and I love my Alien and WOZ for that. But on JP it seems just like some flashing lights if you hit a jackpot and not a lot of variety. The rest of the game looks great.

There are some neat touches with the light show I’ve started to notice. For example, at the end of bonus, you will see the lights spread from the middle to the edges. I didn’t “get”t his at first, but it’s opening the gates to Jurassic Park! It’s even synced with the video clip doing the same.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I’ve pulled the plunger on this game 5 times in 200 games. I just like using the autolaunch. Had to dial it in, but it makes the ramp 98% of the time for me now.

Same, I don't see much value in manual plunging since the nature of the skill shot is how you flip it.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Finally got a chance to play a pro version yesterday. Very fun game except for one thing. Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

I haven't noticed it to be so. Maybe the one you played wasn't leveled?

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

When LEs start arriving I'll be curious to see if they did anything to lock down the upper flipper post.

Mine hasn't broken loose, but I'm watching it since it's been a trouble spot for some. My plan is just loctite if it does.

1 week later
#1595 4 years ago

Just a quick plug for PinMonk ‘s silent fan mod - I did this on Jurassic Park and Star Wars both tonight. It is a HUGE improvement.

I got mine via PBL as I was putting another order in anyway, but he also sells them here. Easy to do, good instructions, and it makes the machine stop sounding like a hair dryer.

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've never heard my fan.
Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

You’d never hear the SPIKE fan on location, but in the house it’s like a chainsaw in your head.

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have the volume of the game set at zero? I don't notice it at a reasonable volume.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
1 week later
#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try a removable rubber clear dot used for cabinets. (worth a shot if its a small gap)
Great success through the years....[quoted image]

I keep those things in my pinball toolbox...I find lots of uses.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

3: My wife and I have no real feel for nudging a table, as such it's flying STDM constantly

I'm working on that myself. Watch Deadflip's Jurassic Park streams - you will see he almost never falls SDTM by using a really fast slap save. Watching this helped inspire me and improved my attempts at this technique.

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just installed a shaker and it’s kinda cool. Would be nice to see more action with it

You’re being sarcastic right? The shaker damn near shakes the world apart when the T-Rex is stomping!

1 week later
#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Super mega secret skill shot![quoted image]

TRUCK NUTZ

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from qhoang:

My one way gate broke the first day I got my machine. My distributor got me a new one from Stern. He said it was updated.

What is the build date of your machine? Mine is 8/15 and it's holding up, maybe mine is the updated one.

1 week later
#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like the truck ate some bad ball bearings

Truck Nutz have done next level.

1 week later
#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I’ve installed about 20 shakers. Confused on JP. Shaker from pinball life. It comes with an inline 4 inch capacitor with connectors. I can’t see any way they line up. Here is pic of my install without the extra inline connector. Where does it go ?
[quoted image]

It’s a filter into a different connector on the same board you plugged in the shaker harness to. Should be in the instructions, if not I’ll take a pic.

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Anyone can tell me where/what the extraball
Shot is ? Just don’t see it

Right ramp (note the lights on the sign)

#2660 4 years ago

Just a heads up my JP Pro is for sale:

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Man, what's the reason for sale? It just didn't click with you?

Selling it and Wonka SE to fund Wonka CE.

That game has its hooks in us bad bad bad!

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did this sell - I think I am late 10 seconds has passed.
Seriously selling already- dang.

Been up since the 23rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
12,000 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.