(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,359 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 523 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7339 1 year ago

Psyched to be picking one up this weekend let the modding begin!

#7374 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Check out this T rex head, by Lior
You will want this for your Jurassic Park, Stern Pinball
Detail is amazing.
Must have mod for sure.
[quoted image]

Is that a skin that will work on premium? Count me in!

#7378 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

It is a whole replacement head.

So I'm guessing it's only a replacement for the pro.

#7398 1 year ago

I'm in! What a beautiful game!

#7400 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im also in...
Playfield Protector
Shaker
Home Made Pinstadium
Transparent Titam Rubbers
One question, ive level the machine at 7 degrees and i can hit all the shots with no problems, but i find them a bit slow, im considering upgrade the coils with this ones, what do you think, any one with this issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-090-5020-2ot-flipper-coil.html
Regards
[quoted image]

I believe you can change the power of the coils in settings?

#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Just put a Premium at my house! Reading through the thread, though is this a common complaint that the helipad flasher is too exposed and blinding to the player? It is for me..(exposed lights bug me). I saw one person use a Pteranodon wing to cover it, but has something better been devised?
[quoted image]

Mine must be angled differently. It shines sideways at things, not in my eyes. That white some under the clear plastic on the left drives me crazy.

#7462 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I cannot find a specific test for this. I put it in switch test and it only registers the exit opto. Now, I only see one physical opto on the rear behind the back panel. What am I missing?
Thanks,
RC

There are options in the sides of the entrance, right before t rex

#7464 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Must be referring to a premium. There is no opto on the front part of the pro ramp.

Sorry about that, yes I was.

#7473 1 year ago

Holy hell.... I'm starting to actually try to figure out some more of the rules and whew! It hurts my head!
Loving this game and it clearly isn't going to be "beaten" by me anytime soon

#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

[quoted image]

They look cool!

#7534 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Have you had any issue with the trex ramp? Mine consistently rejects the ball.

There's a sticky in the premium/le club thread about adjusting his mounting plate( behind the backboard). I moved mine down just a hair so his jaw is closer to the ramp and it is waaay better.

1 week later
#7657 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Has anyone added the Weird Al Jurassic Park song via Pinbrowser yet? I feel like this is going to be required on my machine. Actually, I'd love to see some of the claymation music video used in there as well, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I can't stand weird al... I was so happy when he faded away!

#7661 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I was the proud owner of every cassette of his I could find when I was growing up.

Noooooo! I don't know what it is about him, but he just grated on me and I couldn't change the station fast enough

#7710 1 year ago

I have that screw installed on mine but my shot is buttery smooth and I can't imagine how the ball can hit that screw because the side of the ball would hit the ramp first. Maybe some are installed further out towards the center of the ramp flap??

1 week later
#7848 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Removed the protector from under the tower so that screw won’t affect the shot and had Cliff make me a carbon fiber protector to eliminate the screws altogether.[quoted image]

Well..... Dammit.

#7853 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

The orbit on Iron Maiden that Stern mylar’d says different it bubbles and lifts. Do what you want I just showed my idea and it works quite well.

And it's from Cliffy!

1 week later
#7955 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who have replaced all of the rings/rubbers, at first glance it looks like a fairly daunting task. I've already bought my Titan's, so it's definitely going to happen. However, I was wondering from those with experience what challenges to look for, and maybe areas that are a bit tricky along with any disassembly tips.

The rubber ring right behind the bottom of the right ramp is the trickiest. You're going to have to remove the bolts there the playfield at the base of the ramp and the nut up in the back to get it done.

#7957 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Oh boy I come seeking wisdom. Was just playing a game and noticed a screw popped off. But I have no idea where it does. Any ideas? Picture shows where it landed have not touched it.
[quoted image]

If you pan out, we can help look for a missing screw.

#8023 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

always get some replacement c/e-clips for shooter rod maintenance. i can't get them off without trashing them.

Mine always launch across the room and become invisible.

#8078 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...thanks for the advice. Though...it looks like the main issue is that my helicopter is leaning to the right.
[quoted image]

Let's not make this political

#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I chose a helicopter that matched the colors on the jeep and the game. Has the reddish orange markings, is pretty realistic, and I think it looks looks nice. Unfortunately I installed it almost a year ago and have no installation instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I don't think that little hump on top would allow that one to fit under the spinner on a premium, so I think the other jurassic world matchbox is the closest fit

IMG_20201030_164202928 (resized).jpgIMG_20201030_164214410 (resized).jpg
#8097 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Well done, Tantrum! Big improvement and looks like it belongs there. It would be even better if the headlights and taillights lit up. Don't think that is possible since there is no where to run wires.

Oh, man. If there was a way to wire that up, I'd be in for a jeep with working lights! That would look awesome.

#8101 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is the helicopter I purchased and plan on installing. I know there are a few writeups in the thread currently, but I haven't seen a step-by-step with photos. I'm a little less confident on how to do this one, but I'll read everything there is about it before I undertake it. I'll do my best to document my process and share what I can.

I basically just drilled a hole thru the prop pin on top, using bigger and bigger bits until it was the right size, and hit the bottom of the copter with the grinder until it was the right height to allow clearance for the prop to spin.

#8106 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

that metal post is entirely incorrect on your machine (at least compared to mine)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I removed both of those posts. So far so good, they seem pretty unnecessary.

#8112 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You removed both of the posts? It seems there would be a potential ball trap there then?
Anyway...after taking the area apart...it almost seems like the different type of metal post was intentional. I mean, they definitely had to use different screws and everything to attach it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I don't have an extra plastic post to use currently, so my initial plan was to just take the one from the back and use it up front. I.e., convert it from a 3 post to a 2 post rubber.
[quoted image]
But....the post is really tight to the ball guide.
[quoted image]
I'm thinking....that someone on the line decided to use the other type of post which is skinnier, so the rubber doesn't get cut or squeezed by the ball guide. You can see that in my original picture ->
[quoted image]
A better plan....might be to just dremel off some of the top of the post so its just not as tall and keep using it.

I removed those hex posts above the plastic in front of the helicopter, not the playfield posts. Haven't had a ball hit up there yet.

#8130 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wanted to respond openly since I've already had a couple of people ask me if I would do the chopper modifications for them. First of all, I'm flattered that people would entrust me to making this mod for their pins. However, I've been thinking about it and I've decided that I don't want to offer a JP chopper service. Even thought I know people would pay, there are a few factors that led me to my decision. First, the helicopters are getting harder and harder to track down, and the price can escalate. I don't want to have to spend time researching and ordering, only to have to raise prices based upon what I can track them down for. Next, is just the time involved. I wasn't tracking how long it took me to make mine, but it was a couple of hours, and several trips between the garage and my upstairs game room. Finally, the wear and tear on my own pin. For each build I would have to disassemble my chopper assembly, and risk losing/breaking parts, scratching plastics, etc.
I tried to be as detailed as possible in my "how to", but I'm always happy to answer questions in the open forum or PM related to it. Also, as more and more perform this mod there will be greater insight, tips and tricks, etc. on how to accomplish it.
Again, I appreciate people reaching out to me for this mod, but it is just not one that I want to undertake.

Not only is that a wise decision, it's nice that you took the time to do the write up not expecting to profit.

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool. I’ll keep playing with it.

#8183 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you ever see me DE JO?
[quoted image]

Wait... Did you just call him a JO?

#8193 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anything that begins with "Proposition" is an overreaction. No worries.

How does that apply to prostitution?

#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I play the crap out of my nib pins before I put anymore jack into them. Make sure they are a keeper. Then after playing for awhile I kinda know what artistic touches I want to make.

I use kind of a blend of these techniques. Every game I get seems like it will be a "keeper" at first, so I already know I'm dumping way more into them than I should. But, I want to play some games just so I know everything is working as it should, so I won't install mods and wonder if I screwed something up and broke the game if there is an issue.

#8271 1 year ago

I have the raptor pit mod, which has the 3d molded light domes built in, but I'd be into a set of the ones for the stock signs.

#8276 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For the stock signs, I recommend these (what I am using): amazon.com link »

Thanks!

#8288 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Easiest mod ever...on a pro. With the spinning blades on a premium/LE...not so much.

I told ya... Just drill out the prop and grind down the base!

#8340 1 year ago

It's not like they are permanent, and I know we all have different taste, but I just am not feeling adding trees and dinosaurs here.

#8368 1 year ago

I haven't had a ball go up near the copter since removing my hex posts. I prefer the bottom shaved off to the opening on the side. You are looking at this from the top, and the blades don't look too far from the body to me.

#8370 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I think I'm the opposite, and would rather have a full bottom. Another difference is that yes...the new one has part of the plastic missing up top, but shaving the bottom means you have to create a hole at the bottom for the screw, so really you are just changing one hole location for another.
[quoted image]

I have no hole there for the screw.

** Yes I do.... Not intentionally, but the way I ground off the base left an opening in just the right spot!

#8449 1 year ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I haven't been following this thread, but why is my JP Pro code update not looking like the one on You Tube? Im not seeing any of the movie clips.

Try reading the thread

#8486 12 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

dont worry for the PF, its only double face tape behind the decal...

Maybe a tiny bit of heat from a hairdryer.

#8512 12 months ago
Quoted from pdarbuckle:

I heard about a mod that you can get video and sound from the movie. I found twd one. Where would I find one for jurassic?

Does anyone read any of the posts above to see an answer before asking the same question a thousand times?

#8516 12 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is there a place I can get the movie clips and audio to put into my game?

LOL!

#8520 12 months ago

Is there a way to get movie footage so people can load it on the game and sell it for a profit?

#8555 11 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just so I understand. I dont have a stepper bit Can I just use a diff size bit on each end of the copter?

Yes, I used one bit all the way thru.

#8560 11 months ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I was hoping if someone can please give me done advice ...
My right lower flipper is not as powerful as the left one...
I changed the coil stop to be on safe side, the power in the options menu is at 255 ( maximum strength) which is the same as the left...
The left one is as snappy as shit while the right just doesnt have that nice feel to it...
I dont know what to do...
Can someone please give me a tip ..
Thnx in advance

Did ya try turning up the strength for that coil?

#8611 11 months ago

My son and I get on a roll sometimes and have gotten the four shots several times in a night. We tease each other by calling out the next call-out before it's made.... That's not annoying at all when ya miss!

#8622 11 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Well I am debating on getting a JP next. How frustrating is the Trex to get adjusted properly? From what I have read that is one of the things that needs constant adjusting. Has anyone had issues with their premium and Is the pro worth it without the raptor pin and Trex?

My dino has been fine. I adjusted it by moving the whole assembly down a bit. Yes, it can be frustrating because you still have to hit him with a nice clean shot or it can bounce off. But I think that's normal, because his jaw is narrower than the ramp and people think just because they are hitting the ramp, it should be caught. Get the premium, it rocks!

#8649 11 months ago
Quoted from colbster:

Just put in an order for a pro, it will be my first (non-virtual) pin! Super excited, got the cliffy protection pack as well based on recommendation of this thread. My 5 year old will want to play, are there any settings in the system options to make the game a bit friendlier to new pinballers?
Cheers

It's a pretty tight game, as far as making the shots. Luckily, a five year old will be in awe by the great sounds and light show! Congrats on the game. You can change settings to allow more extra balls and extend ball saves.

#8655 11 months ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I found out a little more about how I lucked into a JP Premium yesterday. Apparently someone had ordered a JP Premium for Christmas, and then he changed his mind at the last minute and went with TMNT. My phone call yesterday morning to ask about lead time was just really lucky.
Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected. [quoted image]

They didn't want you to change your mind too!

#8690 11 months ago

Family has gotten so sick of hearing about these, that they gave them to me as my early Christmas Gift..... Stick-a-bumps!

#8716 11 months ago

Put my stick a bumps on today, man... They really do look nice!

#8718 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can you please explain in more detail for those of us who don't know what those are?

The clear rubber stick on dots that stick out about a quarter inch with rounded edges. Someone suggested them earlier here, and they really look like bulbs and light up better than just the "fake" bulb dots painted on the ramp plastics. They kind of illuminate and make them more noticeable like the 3d mods for the raptor pen bulbs.

#8722 11 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I realised what yzfguy was referring to and laughed when you posted you didn't know what they were - given you put us all on to them.
So are you finished modding the JP, or you have more to do?? What's next? Do you do this level of modding on each machine you get?

So did I, I thought I was losing my mind!

#8741 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Isn't she cute? I almost hate to decapitate her.
[quoted image]

DO IT, DO IT!!

#8781 11 months ago

Swore I wouldn't do it, but we added Pterry the Pterodactyl tonight.

IMG_20201229_234042218 (resized).jpg

#8795 11 months ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

My game arrived yesterday, and I am working to install the cliffy protectors before playing. I’m stumped by both the ball eject protector and removal of the post. I’m not able to remove the screws which appear to go through the ball eject protector. And for the flipper post, the nut is blocked by the third flipper. Any advice or feedback on how to install these?[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta take stuff apart

1 week later
#8946 11 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The 3 screws holding the lower jaw on are small black ones, so it's not one of those.
holminone is it one of the left ramp screws? As they often come loose

It does look like one of the ones that hold the clear protector over the ramp entrance.

#8989 11 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Thanks Manny. I just bought the game from from a fellow pinsider. Was perfect but started acting up about 40 games in. Manufacturing date was November 22, 2019, so good chance its under warranty maybe? I sent them a note and essentially asked for a new mech.
Admittedly, I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to the whole thing. I would if it wasn't worth so much... Latest is this- I get the whole thing re-assembled, and if I get the wires packed just right I get the switch to work in test mode with the play field down in test mode. NEW PROBLEM leading me to sledgehammer frustration is this- the Dinosaur's alignment is all effed up- Vertically he's too low and runs into the wire ramp. And the test modes don't let me adjust anything, and the horizontal alignment adjuster is fixed at 68. No options to do anything else. Its just effing frustrating.

There is some play, if you loosen those screws in the back and pull up on the assembly and re tighten. Behind the backboard holding the assembly in place.

#9005 11 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

So I have a pro and I got the helicopter mod from mezel but I can’t get the existing standoff post off. It says lift and turn but the screw under is obviously turning too. Any advice?

Hold the screw still on the other side? Sometimes ya have to take apart more than you thought

#9043 10 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Pro owners.. Anyone else get slightly annoyed by how long the T-Rex multi-ball animation (and subsequent ball hold) is? From my experience it doesn't appear to be very responsive to 'skipping' via pressing both flipper buttons in... I assume its built this way due to the Prem/LE animated TREX, but on the pro, I wish there was a way to turn it off.

I just said this to my son yesterday.... We have a premium and as much as I think that one animation is awesome when the car is being chased, an option to skip would be nice. It feels like a good fifteen seconds of standing there with nothing to do.

#9045 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hit both flipper buttons simultaneously. It skips the animation. I do it all the time.

Doesn't it make you wait a while before the skip works? I feel like I hit the flippers a few times and then give up and wait til the end. Maybe it's in the settings somewhere. There are worse problems to have, it does have the coolest integration for the shaker that makes you feel the footsteps as the dinosaur chases you

#9065 10 months ago

That hurt just reading it!

#9087 10 months ago

Same Amazon birdie here

IMG_20210113_194641898 (resized).jpg
#9170 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Bigger post in the outlane.
If you crank up the front legs a bit you can power down the flippers. The result is the same for going up the ramps but you have more ball control if the ball bounces back at you.
Faster is not always better if you have a machine with some narrow shots like JP. You have more chance to mis and the bal comes fast back at you.
It's a choice I make to get more ball control.
Everybody have its one adjustment he likes.

I'd rather lower the back legs than have the front higher.

#9174 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude I played with just about every stepper adjustment, high settings, low, up, down, and all around LOL - It seemed to a help a little, but may have been psychological too. The foam strip on the ramp has been the most helpful improvement. I’ll have to check what my settings are at now.

I would just be nervous that it's stopping the head, but the motor is still trying to push it over.

#9201 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I'd like to give an update on some mods I've installed. I mentioned earlier the 3D raptor toy that was poorly done. Well today I got a box of mods from mezel mods and I'd like to give people a cautionary tale.
First up I went to install the spinning helicopter mod. The instructions say to just pull on the post and unscrew it and it will come undone. This was NOT the case. This took me about an hour to accomplish. The screw underneath would just spin with the post no matter what. I had to get a pair of needlenose pliers to get underneath it and grab the tiny screw while unscrewing it. Even doing this was INCREDIBLY difficult. My hands are all torn up and it took me an hour all said and done. Instructions were very poor. Also in the instructions it shows there's 3 pieces of tape stuck to the bottom. I only got one unattached that I had to cut up into smaller pieces.
Secondly I got the raptor pen mod. The instructions and pictures on their page make it seem like it comes with 2 pieces of wire. Instead I got 1 and it was all wrapped around itself which led to the wire being all bent up. The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process. It wasn't anywhere in the box so it must have happened on location. Also the idea that you're supposed to be able to easily tape on the 10,000 volt sign onto the wire is pretty silly. There's no way it would have held on it was just barely hanging on. I ended up super gluing it to the wire.
Overall given what I paid I'm pretty unimpressed.
That being said I took the instructions of 2manyhobbies and added the brachiosaurus and it looks great.

I made my own copter, but it took me about ten minutes to install once I drilled it properly. That shaft fell thru into my game and. Just had to pop it back in and put it back together.
If I remember correct, the instructions for the raptor pen wire say to cut it to desired length, so I wasn't confused by that- and the volts sign was simple to hang. I just peeled the backing of some double sided tape half way, stuck it on, and put the backing back on. It's held up for months with a shaker motor. It sucks your post was broken, but I love this mod, and don't mind the D.I.Y. aspect, as you can make it look how you want.
Just my experience.

#9223 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just realized Dennis Nedry is "Nerdy" with the "rd" reversed. Dennis was the computer nerd, so wondering if this was the origin of his name or just coincidental.

That's what we call him as we curse out that right outlane!

#9307 10 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, finally got around to doing this mod.
First....I would have had much better results if I had a drill press. However....once the helicopter blades are on, you really can't notice at all. I did do the no sanding way, which worked fine. If I had a drill press....both sides would have looked like ->
[quoted image]
instead of here where I screwed up with the drill.
[quoted image]
Of course...that is the side that matters. But again, you really can not see this area once installed.
To get the helicopter lower, I went ahead and removed the two front screws of the landing pad, and used a dremel to remove some plastic for the rear screw. That was really easy. I also dremeled some space for the wires.
[quoted image]
As for lighting...I first used the 0805 yellow LEDs that came in (I tied this lighting to the yellow helicopter helipad LED which was fairly straightforward). The thread is so small that you can put the wiring right in from the front of the helicopter.
[quoted image]
For wiring, I also installed a JST connector so I can disconnect the helicopter if needed. You can get like...100 prewired JST connectors from aliexpress for like $3. Here shows just how small the led is. And that is the "large" size. I use 0402 leds for some other pinball mods.
[quoted image]
However....it was not bright enough.
[quoted image]
So instead, I used a red 3mm LED that I happened to have laying around, and its better (I went out the back with this wiring).
[quoted image]
But it only lights up half the cockpit. So for $3, I ordered a pack of 20 yellow 3mm leds and I'll use 2 for the cockpit. I also already soldered the micro led so I'll attach that to the back rotor as an accessory light which should look pretty good.
Oh....ok, and the miniature thrust ball bearing works well (so you only have to drill a 1/2" hole instead of 5/8" with this method). It does add to the cost by about $13. Honestly....I think I would have just drilled a 5/8" hole and used the original #10 washers and bearings, but whatever. But, ...the 2 washers that came with the thrust ball bearing, the interior diameter was NOT big enough. Thankfully, the bearing itself was. I tried drilling out the washers that came with it, but it was TOO strong of metal. So instead, I just took a #8 washer, and drilled out the size with a 1/4" drill bit, and sanded with a dremel bit.
[quoted image]
Once I get the new yellow LEDs, I'll repost and FINALLY be done with this mod.

Not sure what you're talking about with the washers and bearings? This copter should just slip over the existing shaft.

#9323 10 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hey Manny, appreciate you following up It’s working now as of about half an hour ago. Turns out the stepper motor board was cactus. She’s roaring once again!!

Cactus?

#9328 10 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Prickly Pear Cactus (native South American), was brought to Australia in 1788 on the First Fleet. It became a pest, quickly overrunning many thousand acres of farmland. ... Hence, CACTUS, in Australian slang, means: beaten, finished, ruined, kaput etc. e.g. Jim threw just two punches, and Jack was cactus.

Interesting! I've never heard that one, thanks for the education

#9353 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I don't get it. The settings say the auto replay is set to 65 mil but I never get the replay

I think you need to set the award for replay to extra ball, if that's what you're looking for.

#9358 10 months ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Holy hell is the post in front of the 3rd flipper a bitch to tighten once it comes loose.

Ya have to drop the flipper assembly to get to that nut under the playfield.

#9428 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've hit it several times (I'd guess about 1 out of 3 or 4 attempts) - seriously rewarding when you do. My only problem is that I panic and can't seem to pick the reward I want or decide what is best in time before I have to flip.
If you want to practice the shot, take the glass off, position the Jeep, and place the ball on your left flipper, then attempt the shot. Do it several times until you get a feel for where the ball position needs to be when you flip, then play a real game or two to see if you can make the shot when you need to (or try it even when the target isn't lit).

Keep your glass on or I won't respect you in the morning!

#9456 10 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have what I think to be an issue since I opened my game. The left inlane doesnt seem to be flush with the flipper. When the ball comes down the inlane and hits the flipper rubber it bounces just a bit which makes it harder to hit shots. Should it be that way? And if not how do I adjust that? Ive never done flipper adjustments. Pic attached but its so slight its hard to tell.
[quoted image]

Loosen up the screws on the ball guide and push up, hold it and re tighten.

#9459 10 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That worked. thanks!

Awesome! Now you'll appreciate every time there's no flipper hop

#9465 10 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I am team pro as well. Biggest factor for me is costs. When the pro has the same light show, exact same layout, very similar art, and essentially identical gameplay it's a no brainer for me. If you are stuck between pro/premium, I would just get whichever one you can find. If you get a pro, you could always swap it out for a premium later if one becomes available.

But it's not the exact same layout...

#9499 10 months ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I've never had that happen on my JP Premium, looks like you could just loosen the screws holding down the metal ramp and adjust it a bit away from the copter blades.

Ditto.

1 week later
#9553 9 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

How do you get the wire to stay on the dinosaur. Melt it in the plastic?

Just drill a little hole and pop the wire in an inch or so.

#9582 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, alignment of the upper flipper is designed to have the front plastic face of the flipper bat be even with the alignment hole. That way balls rolling past the flipper hit the post and deflect instead of going SDTM.

That looks kind of exaggerated compared to mine. The ball still glances off the post on mine, but that one looks like the ball could hit the flipper directly on the way up the loop there. Here's mine.

IMG_20210216_212355747 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9651 9 months ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I appreciate the info, thanks! Ill take a look.

I have the modfather shooter and I like it. Who doesn't want a REAL bug?!

#9656 9 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think mine looks great. Pics do not do it justice. [quoted image]

I think the light is a cool idea, but I really prefer the real bug...

IMG_20210226_163148008 (resized).jpg
#9660 9 months ago

I haven't seen a stern in person, but I thought I read on here somewhere that there was a run where they are a clear flat print of a mosquito. If you look at it from the side, is it 3-d , or flat?

#9662 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It's 3-D. I haven't heard of any that were 2-D prints, but maybe I missed the news on that. I've seen in person both the more mosquito-y crane fly version and the not as mosquito-y looking bug rods. Both were 3-D real bugs. Just looked like different bugs.

This is really bugging me
I'd love to add the lights to mine, as it looks cool how it's integrated into the game, but I don't want to drill into my powdercoated shooter housing.

#9664 9 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mine's Stern. They're real bugs. And they're spectacular. [quoted image]

LMAO! Sorry for the confusion, Boob knows his bugs, and I am sorry for the confusion!

#9667 9 months ago
Quoted from ctl723:

The original run of Stern ones definitely had real bugs (crane flies?) in them. It's the newer ones that have the silly fake bugs. They either got in trouble with someone, or ran out of actual bugs.

Redemption! Thank you

#9678 9 months ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Hi all. Please forgive if this is a dumb question, but I've come into possession of some star-post LEDs (circulars disc things, meant to light starposts, which can be wired into the GI -- you know the deal).
However, underneath the playfield on my JP Pro, the starposts aren't exposed, as it were, and there are instead metals caps on them (presumably used to mount them into the playfield). Is it possible to light up the starposts on the JP Pro? Or am I trying to do something impossible given the playfield architecture?
Thanks!

They go under the star post, on top of the playfield.

#9680 9 months ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

I'm a dummy! Of course! Thanks you

We've all been there. You will develop a new "pinball sense" have fun!

#9742 9 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got my Jurassic Pro setup this evening. Already ordered the T-Rex Alive mod and should have that in 3 weeks and Stern sideblades in a few days. Game came with the custom movie code and my wife and I played the first 5, two-player games, on that custom code.
The I popped in the original SD card and we played a game and my wife and I were blown away how awesome the game is. The movie code doesn't match anything going on in the game except the opening scene and is BORING AF to play.
Card has 1.03 on it, will need to check if there's a newer update, but man, I get doing a movie code. But just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's fun to play. My wife was ready to write this game off and wanted BKSOR Premium back, until I popped in the original code.

Exact opposite experience here... We played for two days on stock code, then got the movie version and we think it's at least 11 times cooler

#9817 9 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know what this deleted post likely said, and I completely agree with you. But I'm gonna listen to Momma's advice and not stoop to anyone's level with a response. But yeah...we're psychically connected on this one.

LOL, I was imagining what it said, and I almost made a post myself but figured I'd go say hi to NJ peeps in the for sale thread instead .

#9882 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wonder if they changed on different runs, because mine is a t-nut. There should be no need to hold anything from the bottom when tightening.

Mine is not a T nut and the needed to be held from the bottom side I just removed the flipper mechanism not really that big of a deal. You can just drop it down a little and don't need to remove the actual flipper. This way it just bolts back on nice and easy.

#9890 8 months ago
Quoted from twarr:

This has probably already been shared somewhere in the thread, but I did not have the energy to browse 198 pages, haha. I ordered new backglass and apron from Xianek, a polish guy. I am really excited about these, I think they look super cool. The backglass is actual glass, it's not a translite. What do you guys think?
(btw, I am not affiliated with him in any way, I just think it looked really cool and much better than the original)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact info?

#9901 8 months ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

https://xianek.eu/
he is doing really nice work

I tried, but couldn't find the JP apron in there, and I can't figure out why you would put a giant bouncing pinball blocking half the text

2 weeks later
#10071 8 months ago
Quoted from tominator:

So i took apart flipper mech, checked all 5 sockets in lower right GI, a couple reboots and some wire checks... the only thing I found was a suspicious blob of solder under the flipper mech by the inlane bulbs.., I scratched the solder off...
Then i put some electrical tape along sharp edge of flipper mech plate and repositioned the insulating paper, and loosely fitted flipper back in place. Fired her up and tested... bulbs all worked! No errors!
I then re installed inlane guides, adjusted flipper, reinstalled bulb sockets and bulbs... play tested 6-7 games. So far so good! Fingers crossed.
Thank you to everyone on pinside for the help in Tim’s thread... so great to fix this myself! I don’t know what exactly was shorted, but it seems to be fixed now.
Freakin hard game! I love it.
Long live the silverball.

Awesome. Such a good feeling, you will appreciate the game so much more now

#10101 8 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Since JP is my favourite game and I have learned most skills on this machine you might check out my latest tutorial too, good stuff.
Credit goes to Escher Lefkoff, I learned the Ski jumps from his JP streams https://www.twitch.tv/steveopub

cheers

Nice! Hey, where did you get those flipper decals? They look cool.

#10104 8 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Here, but the letters fell off right from the start. However it looks cooler without them anyway
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1232-pinball-stuff/03028-jurassic-park-flipper-toppers-pre-order

Thanks, hadn't seen those before and I'm not a caution tape fan.

#10139 8 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Thanks. I usually use the launch button anyways. I was just surprised by how much vibration there was. It was really not that easy to install. Those screws are barely accessible.

Not bad if you lift the playfield.

2 weeks later
#10201 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, after 12,846 balls played the post protecting my upper flipper just snapped off. It did its job well for a long time and now it’ll go have fun running around on grandpa’s farm with other old pinball parts
I’m guessing it probably took at least 2 or 3 hard hits per ball on average. Probably more. So I’m not surprised it happened eventually.
Gonna be a bit of a PITA to replace it though since the flipper mech will have to come off (no good way to unscrew the remaining piece that’s still screwed into the nut between the flipper plate and the playfield).
[quoted image]

Takes a few minutes to lower the flipper mech. You don't even have to take the flipper off. Not a big deal to do.

#10261 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny, he might not want to decrease his odds by letting all of us know.

Nah, it's a Facebook group and all 69 spots are filled every time to coincide with powerball drawing. If anything, you'd be helping fill the spots quicker

#10302 7 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Has anyone that’s added the Mezel Mods raptor pen mod run into an issue with the raptor getting stuck? On mine the left (when facing the game) arm tends to get jammed. Doesn’t look like the raptor has a lot of room for adjustment, so I was thinking of carving a chunk out of the plastic on the mod itself - any tips before I go that route?

As seen earlier in this thread, heat up the raptor arm with a hairdryer and bend it away from the plastic. Only heat as much as needed or you can melt it.

1 week later
#10373 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi guys,
Anyone here that put mirror blades is in his JP?
I would like to see some pictures of it before ordering a pair.
Thanks already for the answers.

I got 'em and I love them. I'm not home to take specific pics of the blades, but found this on my phone.

IMG_20201011_172116227 (resized).jpg
#10392 7 months ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I think this is a scam: Website, Zendohyd is selling the Stern Jurassic Park Topper for $96.16 shipped!! This is what the site lists: Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper IN STOCK READY TO SHIP! 502-7111-00
Sent and email inquiry to them and no reply.

Gee, do ya think?!

#10401 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Redoing the plastic by the drains. Wife needs to add her artistic abilities.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure you could sell those. Once painted, they will be a nice upgrade without trying too hard to be different. Nicely done

#10405 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! The wife has all the artistic abilities, not me. And she doesn't want another job (we're both retired).
Like the 3D speaker grills I did awhile ago, I just grabbed files off of Thingiverse and did some mods.
More than happy to share the STL files if anyone wants them for personal use.

I'm Waaaaay too lazy!

#10448 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Still need to clearcoat, just wanted to eyeball them.
[quoted image]

C'mon... Tell the wife to paint up a set for Yzfguy They look cool!

#10460 6 months ago

Well....Mbwalker's wife wouldn't paint mine , so he sent me raw prints. I was bored after work today, so got to work and did my best. These look so cool in person, and better than the flat plastics for sure. I just have to find something to cover the one hole in the left sling plastic left exposed. Maybe a severed arm from my daughter's doll?!
IMG_20210514_182956324 (resized).jpgIMG_20210514_183007336 (resized).jpgIMG_20210514_183011888 (resized).jpg

#10462 6 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

How are these mounted?

The left one has a tab molded in on the bottom edge for that screw on the outlane, and they both have a hole in the back that lines up to a mounting hole in the sling plastic from the original plastic dino. I put some of that thick two sided foam tape under each one.

#10474 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got mine yesterday from mb walker and his wife painted for me!! Good talent in that house. Thx so much, I think they look great. Now, I have to paint the speaker panels you sent , hope I don't embarass myself too bad[quoted image][quoted image]

What the ...... Is it because I'm from NJ?!

#10477 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. I heard about what you wanted and sent him a PM. I got my painted ones today and they're gorgeous.

LMAO!

3 weeks later
#10662 5 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

LOL Nerdy would be great. Being that I'm a model railroading guy (lol) I said hmmmm, yep the O scale figures are a great fit for the 1/43 vehicles. The only thing you have to do and I didn't hear them complain is amputate their legs. I also repainted the colors on Grant to try to match him from the movie scenes, rider on a fast horse won't notice all the missed details. In addition to grant we painted Sattire hair blonde.

Wait.... I'm not the only one playing this game on horseback?!

4 weeks later
#10934 5 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Been in the club since Friday and loving the game. A lot of brick shots until you dial in your aim then it flows real nice. Great thing about the game is there's plenty to do and mix it up with. Here's a photo of my premium with a custom shaker grill thanks to the member here for the file and my 3d printed topper. I still have to light the topper up and finalise the fixing to the head box
[quoted image]

Ya might want to go with shorter screws to attach the topper

3 weeks later
#11127 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that and he probably plays it just to enjoy it. That's the way I play. There are guys here that are only concerned with scores and approach it that way - like hitting multipliers before hitting spinners, etc. I try to work through the game like it's a book or a video game in an attempt to get to the wizard mode. Doesn't net me a lot of points, but then there's usually nobody there that I'm competing with.

The ghosts. The ghosts are always there.......

1 week later
#11204 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The other thing is that if you are struggling, you can always bump up the number of balls per game while you are initially getting used to the game.

Not if he ever wants to look at himself in the mirror again!

3 weeks later
#11473 3 months ago
Quoted from Gameseum:

Plus reliability issues. I had a buddy with a Premium not be able to play for a while because his T-rex head broke in the down position after just a hundred plays. Stern support didn't really help him out. Any premium will be down way more than the pro model in the long run. Premiums and LEs are starting to make operators hesistant on reliability.
I also like the flow of the pro better anyways, much less stop and go
Weigh not only the additions, but the mantainance they may bring with... very important!

For an operator yes, for a home collection I still think it's worth the extra money for the fun stuff. I wouldn't buy a stripped down toy to avoid maintenance.
Most times, those toys add to the fun factor. That T rex may not be necessary, but it sure is cool when it thrashes around with the ball and the shaker is going nuts

#11546 3 months ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Hello everyone
Joining the club later this year with a Pro
Any must have mods I should get for this game?

Yes.

1 week later
#11612 88 days ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Do any have this issue, and know of a fix. I get a lot of air balls, from the upper flipper, to the upper left part of the playfield behind the guard tower area. I’ve visually inspected it several times and everything looks to be as it should. Do I need to adjust the flipper power maybe? Seems to jump something to make it back there but can’t narrow it down
* new JP owner here, so still getting used to it

I'd check first to make sure the flipper rubber looks not too high or low on the flipper bat.

#11644 83 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I dont have to worry about what to do after I finish the game.

LOL, usually when I finish a game, I look and see that I still haven't gotten further than 4 paddocks and curse it out.

1 week later
#11701 76 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I do need to play it with original code. I’d like to see if I’m missing much from the rules.

You're not.

#11732 72 days ago
Quoted from Inpw:

Help please - I managed to lose the small black allen screw that holds the metal part interrupting the opto beams to the truck shaft. Does anybody know the exact dimensions? I can't find it in the manual. Thanks!

If it were me, I'd be looking until I found it. I can't leave a metal part lost in a cabinet hoping it doesn't settle in somewhere and cause a short.

3 weeks later
#11872 50 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Look I know this is just too much. I know it's way over the top. I'm usually someone who might add a few tasteful mods and call it a day. It's just that I got some really nice jungle trees and plants. I put a few of them on and wanted to stop. I really did, but I just couldn't until they were all on there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL!

#11910 47 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Had her in the house for about 3 days now...I've hit 330 once and I'm usually in the mid 100's. So far my biggest issue is the right outlane, and drains SDTM from the right of the truck. Also seems like I can nail the t-rex and helipad shots on command until it matters...that rattle at the middle of the trex ramp is fucking aggravating.

Yup, that right outlane.... f'n Nedry!

2 weeks later
#12024 32 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

amazon.com link »

Well, that certainly sucks for the people that spent mad loot. I wasn't even going to change it out, but for 9 bucks....just ordered it ,

#12049 29 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Jeep came today
[quoted image]

Mine too!

1 week later
#12190 19 days ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

Any tips on making the helicopter shot more successful? There is nothing so disheartening as having the ball go halfway up the scoop and fall back down. Thankfully when this happens the ball usually comes right back to the left flipper and I can try again. But this just keeps happening. It seems like on such a direct hit, this shouldn't happen. Are there any tweaks for this? My left flipper power is already maxed out. What about changing the resting angle of the flipper? Some silicone spray in the scoop?

Play better!

1 week later
#12276 12 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I started researching an SD card switcher to swap between code versions. Has anyone tried this?

That would be cool. Not that it's hard to just change out the sd card, but it would be awesome if it was just an adjustment or flick of a switch.

#12286 11 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It may not be as clear about which sequence of card swaps is detectable now that Stern has apparently decided to "do something". Although anything is possible, I would guess that once you run the newest 1.05 code, they may now leave some remnant in the cpu flash ram or downloaded to the RS485 connected node boards that carries over between card swaps and can subsequently be detected and cause problems if you attempt to go back to any unauthorized earlier version. The net results (I suspect) is that anyone can upgrade to v1.05 regardless of whether you had previously run ANY authorized or unauthorized version of 1.03... just don't go back to any earlier version of the gamecode after running 1.05.
But this is just my guess. I am sure more clarity will arrive as owners do the upgrades and a few folks start becoming connected to the internet.

I have no intention of updating code. I just think it would be cool to easily switch( on the coindoor) between stock code and movie code. Lazy? Yep!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside