New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,020 posts
  • 667 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 330 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,348 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200922_130553 (resized).jpg
20200922_130337 (resized).jpg
8BB0A32B-57A0-460E-AE53-017167DCC847 (resized).jpeg
pinball jurassic (resized).jpg
IMG_4519 (resized).JPG
71InErNmOSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_4516 (resized).JPG
IMG_4517 (resized).JPG
IMG_4518 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200921_140356 (resized).jpg
20200920_213220 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
20200920_074636.jpg
20200920_074628.jpg
20200920_074609.jpg
20200920_074544.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (1 year ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (1 year ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (1 year ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (11 months ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (9 months ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

I am no expert but looks to me like they assembled some playfields before all the layers of clear were cured.

Guy who works in the clearcoat industry was on the TWIP podcast today. He said any properly mixed clearcoat should be cured enough after 7 days to "return to service." In his opinion, any clear that is still malleable weeks or months later didn't have enough hardener in the mix and will never stiffen up. In other words, it's as cured as it's gonna get. That's just one professional's conjecture from seeing photos, but it makes sense to me.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Makes sense but how do we know how long these playfields actually cured before assembly?

Sorry to drag JJP into this, but using Wonka as an example: if those playfields are made in Germany by Mirco, it's hard to imagine they're installing star posts less than 7 days after clear is applied. At least one person said he could still mark a JJPOTC playfield with his thumbnail months later.

Stern could very well be assembling less than a week after clear, but their issue looks exactly like the recent JJP issue.

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You have to buy premium now. They will definitely have the playfield and other issues worked out by then.

What if they already made LE playfields (with issues), kick them down the road to be premium playfields, and make new, better LE playfields? I mean, probably not, but maybe.

#735 1 year ago

Stern holds their cards pretty close to their chest. They could be scrambling to remake all the LE playfields as we speak. Or maybe it was fixed before those were in the pipeline. Or neither!

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little?

Yes, and that sucker is a drain monster. First two games I played, all six balls drained out the left side.

#824 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Cant be any worse than my GOTG for left drains.

Borg is a whole other beast.

#889 1 year ago

Stick one of these on the bottom of the truck:
SP951-NA_CFIP_RGB.jpg

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The frosted warm white sucks.

Send 'em all to me.

#912 1 year ago

Maiden also shipped with a weaker spring in the early pros, which was beefed up for LE, premium, and later pros. Which is why I rule at the super secret skill shot on mine but suck everywhere else.

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

We need a much more realistic T-Rex Head to replace this Dollar Store factory toy (with led inside or course).

Ah yes, a realistic dinosaur with light coming out of its mouth. Of course.

#1014 1 year ago

So, not realistic then. Got it.

1 week later
#1317 1 year ago

I fail to understand the infatuation with shaving cream. Yeah, I know what it is in the movie. Still don't want a Barbasol can bigger than the dinosaur on my playfield.

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'd replace that generic looking jeep on the playfield straight out of the box.

I'm gonna put a Batmobile on mine just to fuck with people.

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did I piss in your Cheerios all the way from here?

There's been a lot of Flynn piss around here lately. Maybe zip it up for a while?

#1426 1 year ago

When LEs start arriving I'll be curious to see if they did anything to lock down the upper flipper post.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from Returner:

I hope they don't use any playfield from older batches, and send overseas.

That's a great idea!

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

Silkscreening.

#1581 1 year ago

Looks like it'll just perfectly catch & hold an airball. Well done.

#1718 12 months ago

Beautiful game. Premiums can't come soon enough!

#1781 12 months ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

4: Should the ring around the tilt sensor pendulum be level to the ground or the table?

Ground. Your plumb bob hangs perfectly vertical thanks to gravity, regardless of game pitch. You want the ring perpendicular to the rod. And the bob centered in the ring.

1 week later
#2033 11 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone know when Stern will officially release the JP amber shooting rod (that lights up)?

Right after the Star Wars topper.

#2053 11 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

the action button scrolls through rewards, but it is WAAAYYYYYY to fast...... needs a slow down big time.

Play better! The awards are in the same order every time (except for a couple random ones in the middle). You'll get used to what's where and learn how many times to smack the button to get what you need. It's like Indy 500 award selection thing; not supposed to be easy.

choice 1 - Complete Chaos OR Super Supply Drop (when Chaos is lit or started already)
choice 2 - Clear Paddock (when in a Paddock) OR Super Combos
choice 3 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 4 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 5 - 25M Points
choice 6 - Abort - cancels the smart missile launch to save for later (shoot Truck to re-light inlane)

#2061 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It seems like it'd be more intuitive to have the flippers "flip" through the award selection, and then the action button lock it in and start the counter.

Maybe more intuitive, but more dead ball time, and more total button presses.

I wish Star Wars multipliers moved like smart missile awards; each button press moves one to the right (wrap around the end). No turning off, moving both ways with flippers, turning on.

1 week later
#2255 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I can smoothly post transfer from left to right, but the right flipper just doesn't pass it regardless of how gentle or hard I press.

Any suggestions?

Timing on the right flipper button might be tougher to nail since it's a double leaf switch, due to the upper flipper.

#2304 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can someone do me a favor and photoshop the Premium translite onto the Pro? I want to see what it looks like.

I just did it with my mind. Looks pretty good, but the sky colors clash a bit. Each package is at a different time of day.

pro - daytime
premium - sundown
LE - evening

#2305 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm leaning towards getting a Pro but don't really dig the font

I'll never understand why they went with that drab olive/tan font on the pro. I actually like that it's just the title and not the entire logo with T-rex circle, but ugh, those colors. That's one area they didn't improve on the Data East version:

DE JP.jpg

#2324 11 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds

Not a chance.

3 weeks later
#2716 10 months ago
Quoted from Caviel:

You can get to the Visitor Center completing as few as five paddocks/modes

Four, actually. Which I've done on accident a couple times, and is a bummer in the current code.

#2717 10 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is anyone putting a shooter lane protector on their JP?

I didn't buy an actual protector, but I took the apron off and loosened the woodrail to get some mylar down in that area. Just cut it roughly to size/shape, then trim off any overhang, as well as the switch slot. Might not be bulletproof long term, but certainly can't hurt.

1 week later
#2825 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Put these on and they have an identical feel to the Red Rubber for me...way better than the Titan and Orange...score!!!

Yeal, PBL perfect play are the best non-rubber rubbers out there. Great feel, bright colors, easy to clean.

#2891 10 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think it's been mentioned before but has anyone had problems with the ball hanging up behind the spinner gate where the gate meets the guide?
Any fix for this?

Yes! Tweaked mine and it plays perfectly now, impossible for the ball to hang there, although you may not like the fix. Had to remove the wire part of the gate, bend it, remove the plastic adjacent to the gate, cut one tiny sliver off it (you'd never notice), and put everything back. I'll take a photo later today when I have time.

...and the ball never dribbles back down the spiner lane, if that sort of thing bugs you. That's not a satisfactory fix for me. It's a one-way gate for a reason.

#2933 10 months ago

If your helipad shots are hitting the upper flipper, you're missing it regardless. Aim low and try to ride the wall up into the ramp.

#2962 9 months ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone have issues with the orbit/loop shot from the top flipper not registering? Have a feeling the ball is going so fast it catches air and misses the switch, but just a guess.

Yup, and I agree with your hunch. When it happens on mine it’s always a lightning fast shot. I adjusted the loop entry switch to need only the slightest push, but it’s still not 100%. Wish it was an opto like the make switch further up the loop.

Pretty frustrating, because that’s not an easy shot to begin with.

#3009 9 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

When I rip the spinner with a solid hit, the ball frequently seems to get slowed down in the area behind the pops, and then slowly rolls either to the left (into the pops) or to the right towards the upper flipper. It seems like this should always be a fast shot around to the upper flipper.

Oddly enough, slightly slower shots seem to make it around cleanly.

Happens to me too. My guess is a hard shot will bounce off the back orbit wall instead of gliding around. It's kind of a tight turn to go from mostly vertical to hard right.

#3010 9 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, we have two threads why?

So that LE buyers can feel special and post the owners list over & over.

(spoken as a premium owner who hates duplicate threads)

#3011 9 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Perspective buyer here. Has Stern finally resolved the pooling issues? I would be interested in hearing from owners that have November build dates.

Based on the games I've seen and my November premium, yes. I rolled the dice by sticking with my order, and thankfully they appear to have figured it out by the time mine was built.

#3075 9 months ago

T-Rex barely ever grabs the ball anymore,

Happened to me a few days ago. T-rex was grabbing perfectly, then stopped. One of the screws on top of the ramp entry posts worked itself loose. One side of the clear plastic deflector was up less than a quarter of an inch, and that's all it took for the ball to jump the opto. Tightened the screw down, everything back to normal.

#3099 9 months ago

That feeling when there's new code but you can't find your thumb drive anywhere even though you used it less than two weeks ago.

sad dino.jpg

#3110 9 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

It’s in the back box from the last code update.

I wish!

Quoted from Scribbles:

Where else would it be?

Once I started thinking like a toddler, I found it in the potted base of a mini xmas tree in my home office. You can imagine how many places I looked before I got that desperate.

In hindsight, my time would've been better spent driving to the store and spending a whopping seven bucks to replace it.

#3111 9 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

amazon.com link
$7 with prime shipping.
Just adhesive. Feet hook onto the back plastics and wing gets and adhesive dot to the Pteranodon sign. Easiest and cheapest mod to do.

Pteranodons are cool, but did you see Velociraptor Gary on the same page? Gary is the man.
Gary.png

#3114 9 months ago

Is it just me, or do the dinos move a hell of a lot faster in .96? It's actually kind of welcome on the first level herbivores, but man, t-rex paddock is basically unplayably fast for me now. Unless I'm imagining things of course.

Might be fun for someone who can string together 5-6 shots in a row on that tight layout without missing, but if you brick at all, it's a rescue slaughter.

1 week later
#3178 9 months ago

Less than 200 plays. Paid a premium to get a premium, did not receive premium parts. Good thing I live 15 minutes from Pinball Life.

C8C1CB80-A592-4DC4-A873-A23AD3E21561 (resized).jpeg

#3192 9 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Is this the stop that people are ordering from pinball life?

Yup.

#3201 9 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Does anyone know what I can do so that shots from the left flipper make it past the spinner and around to the upper flipper?

Mine does the same thing. I think it's just too tight a turn for hard shots to pass clean through. It's more like the ball is hitting the back rail head-on than gliding into the curve.

3 months later
#4491 5 months ago

Play pinball, they said. It'll take your mind off things, they said.
IMG_5647 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#5219 3 months ago

I wonder if it will be possible to just enable the topper in settings (to get the new mode), but not actually have it. I mean, the usual Stern topper connection doesn't allow two-way communication, does it?

I'm a fan of new modes, but not a big fan of toppers. Especially not ones that are a few flat plastics and LED strips for $600.

#5220 3 months ago

...not to mention, my least favorite topper design: game logo right on top of game logo.

#5222 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Stern is smart they will drop the mode for all at a discount rate in the future.

Charging for the mode separately will bring out even more pitchforks than including it with a topper. People are quick to say "I'm done buying Sterns!" but I really would be if they start selling modes a la carte. I don't care if they sell a bunch of cosmetic chotchkies, I'm in it for the gameplay.

#5230 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If after a year or two they want to drop new features for a fee I don't see anything wrong with that.

Shhh, they can hear you.

#5357 3 months ago

Did some games ship with black?

Pros did, as far as I know.

#5369 3 months ago
Quoted from roar:

at the flippers I get 6.5 middle of the playfield I get 7 and towards the top I get 7.5

Playfields are rarely perfectly flat, especially with all that heavy stuff mounted on them. I'd take the average.

#5420 3 months ago

Mine goes to the left flipper consistently. I can either flip it on the fly, or what I usually do, dead bounce over to the right and trap up.

Is that a sharp bend near the bottom of your ball guide? If so, might explain the bad feed.

#5495 3 months ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

The ball seems to be able to make it through the pop bumper gate instead of rolling over to the right orbit. Is this common and what is the normal fix?

There is a fix but I worked late and had two beers so I don't think I can explain it.

#5509 3 months ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited.

Premium is my favorite art package of the three, and I wasn't a fan of the green hardware, so premium was a no-brainer for me. It's so great & immersive when you're playing it that any LE vs. premium concerns will melt away in the lava of Isla Nublar.

#5510 3 months ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Just trying to be realistic it might be near impossible for me to get an LE anytime soon and weighing other options vs spending hours scowering the internet every day.

Every day spent waiting is one day not spent playing. Life is short. If you can get a premium today, pull the trigger.

#5543 3 months ago

This has to be one of the biggest selling premiums so far. And I bet there are a few more runs left.

#5568 3 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I had a 1B single ball only doing that first combo, got a lot of points from amber pops, amber slings, amber targets,

If you got a billion with only amber modes, chaos, and one control room, you might have older code with the amber slings bug.

#5570 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Getting the max streak of 53 rescues only awards 31.7 mil for the last capture.

Yeah, but how much for all 53 total?

#5590 3 months ago

Odin spinning in his grave.

#5638 88 days ago

Never thought I'd upvote a photo of dirty underwear but here we are. Congrats!

#5641 88 days ago

You said yesterday!

#5646 85 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you think another code update would come?

Almost certainly. Still a couple bugs that I assume KME & team would like to fix.

#5651 85 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Do any pinball machines have something similar to an arcade game "continue" button where you can start your next game at the spot you progressed to in the game that just ended? Maybe with a 10-second window to push the button to continue?

Yeah, lots of '90s pins had an "extra ball" button, for one credit. Repeatable up to X credits, I forget the limit.

#5685 83 days ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have only had Invalid? show up once as the missile shot option, at the very end, and I nailed it. Is it extremely rare for this option?

It's there just about every game for me, unless I have some other mode running that it can't stack with. Not sure what the exact logic is for it appearing or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside