(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#452 4 years ago

I was really hoping that the playfield problems were behind us but it looks like that isn't the case unfortunately. Can you imagine how many sales that Stern and JJP are losing because of this? I hope they get this figured out soon.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Truthfully I’m not even all that concerned about it.

Famous last words.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s not a bad idea to wait a few months for Stern to work through the first-run issues. But nothing I see is going to stop me from ordering the game later.

I will get one too once i feel good about the playfields. Not anytime soon though thats for sure.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.[quoted image]

Maybe its an optical illusion but it sure looks like you have pooling to me around that washer. Good luck!

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All I see is a washer and the edge of a washer in his photo. I don't see any bunching, wrinkling or pooling or whatever going on in that photo.
You might be looking at the edge of the washer or the reflection of the edge... optical illusion - at least on his photo....
post #489 photo

Its hard to say but regardless of what it is, i wouldn't be getting too cocky if I were him because this issue is real and it might come back to bite him in the ass and make him look pretty foolish.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it happens, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You must have a lot of money if you dont care if it happens. I work really hard for my money and i just cant look at it that way. I take a lot of pride in my collection and if my playfields start chipping it's going to really bum me out.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For the folks who are SO sure I have pooling clear coat, I made a 4K video. You guys are nuts!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;D1365E6D-918A-4EB7-BA90-FB9D771B3486

I am glad that you don't have a problem and i hope that you never do, i don't wish clearcoat chipping off of anyones game at all. These problems upset me for one reason though and its because i am so passionate about pinball and i love Stern games. I don't want them to have problems like this because if they dont get this figured out it may bury them as a company and then we ALL lose.

This problem is real and i dont think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill either. I really want a Jurassic Park game but i wouldn't even consider buying one until i feel comfortable that this is figured out.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear you and agree. I’m just saying at least some of them seem to be coming out of the factory fine, is all.

Some are and some aren't. I just personally can't afford to chance it and i don't want the headache and frustration of fighting for a new playfield and maybe being told no and all that either. I really hope they figure this out because it sucks bad.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post some pics and video of our new Jurassic Park topper. It features 3-D custom torches, JP title and molded T-Rex. Really focused on the shape and texture as well as gelling with all three machine models.A dynamic extension whether fully lit or static. One run only so please PM us with questions or to to reserve.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks amazing!!

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If there is one thing I've found about Pinside, it's people love to complain, drum up controversy, and find reasons to justify not buying $machine_of_the_month.

You are absolutely correct but this issue here is real and worth complaining about. If your playfield chips all to hell maybe you will understand better then because it sure seems like you’re not getting it at all right now.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My POTC LE chipped around the sling posts. I installed washers and larger posts to cover it which was good enough for me to make peace with it.
It does suck, none of us want this obviously, but it's not the end of the world nor is it enough to keep me out of pinball.

I bet the chipping doesn't stop there and i bet it will be trashed in no time. You should be hammering JJP for a new populated playfield and hammering them publicity constantly instead of giving them another 10K for another game. Just my opinion though......what do i know?

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP? Clearly its not just a JJP issue but maybe an industry wide issue.
I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!

There is tons of Stern bashing going on right now. JJP is not standing behind their product at all though and basically just telling their customers that they are on their own. We will see how Stern handles it as well. If they make it right with their customers all will be good. If they don't people will be raising hell and rightfully so and both companies and distros are going to lose a ton of business.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Haven’t had the clearcoat issues that others have had, but we have run into other issues with Wonka on location. JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

Yesh well wait until you have a playfield thats chipping to pieces and falling apart and they tell you to take a hike. You will change your tune then i promise you.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Who Dey talkin’ bout[quoted image]

Shouldnt you be working right now? Lol

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Example: my WOZ is 2nd owner and made in 2015?
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.
My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.
Wonka same thing and got back to me crazy fast.
Now I'm just a regular collector with no pull in the pinball world.
So in closing You either work for Stern?
Or are making things up?
Perhaps your miss informed?
Anyway there you have it

How many chipping playfields for the POTC owners has JJP replaced and now the Wonka owners? The answer is ZERO!! Instead they are offering to sell them the same shitty unpopulated soft clearcoat playfields for 550 dollars. Thats a slap in the F'ing face dude! This isn't the place to argue about it though and i don't want to derail this thread about an awesome game. Let the JP owners talk about their game.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Its probably all just over blown anyway since it took this long for people to complain.

This is not being overblown believe me. Its a very serious problem that has affected many games. If anything its probably far worse of a problem than what we know.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

sorry, I'm not getting an le but you seem like your cheering for that to happen since you got the guinea pig pro and paid the price. You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain? There's a reason why the pro model is the cheap model and it comes out first.

Serious question, do you honestly believe what you are saying? I can't tell if you are serious or not because it seems impossible for anyone to actually believe the things that you are saying.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so what are you having a problem believing? Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean its not true. Be specific what am I saying that seems so unbelievable?

Pretty much every single thing that you have said.

2 weeks later
#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I wonder if the Prem and Le's have upgraded screws and stops.

I wouldn’t think so. They are all the same as far as i know.

#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Does anyone elses speaker on the bottom sound blown? Mine sounds crackly like a blown speaker sometimes during some sounds. But its not constant. Wondering if its a speaker issue or just a really bad sound clip.

Probably just bad sound. IMDN had the same issue that was fixed with code updates.

#1457 4 years ago

When my premium comes in I plan on never playing it, to avoid the clear coat problems.
SIKE!

You don't have to, they've been coming right out of the box with problems.

1 week later
#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was going to get a Pro but p/f issues and the washer version put paid to that.

Same, I already have two games with playfield issues, I certainly don't need to add a third.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

So they have one tab New York New York in Vegas - very nice game of course it almost new and they always have well maintained games upstairs in their arcade.
I liked the game but I would not own it, original layout for sure lots to shoot at, cool animations, just kind of not the most fun for some reason.
I was excited when I saw it and played it multiple times just could not get into it.
They have some really nice games there and I played others more.
I suppose as normal Pinside has moved onto Elvira 3 now as that one is old news just months after it’s launch.
It’s decent maybe it could grow on me, it’s beautiful but just not for me.
I ended up playing Ghostbusters more.[quoted image][quoted image]

You must be pretty hard to please because JP2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

1 month later
#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Whatever money they save making cheap pf and clearcoat they must lose 3x in replacement pf.

Dont forget lost sales also. I know many many people right now who will not buy a new Stern or JJP game right now including myself.

1 week later
#2738 4 years ago

I played Green-Machines new JP Premium last night and all I can say is that it is amazing! Its possibly the coolest pinball machine I have ever played in my life.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive owned over a hundred.....this blows everything else away!

It truthfully is THAT GOOD! I was wanting a MBRSE really bad and may still get one who knows, but this game here has me wondering what i should do now. JP or MB.....hmm.

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I have both and it's not even close. Get jp premium.

Thanks for your input. Green Machine also has a sub hooked up to his and it sounds like the dinosaurs are running thru your house. A sub is a must for you guys that have this game.

2 weeks later
#3050 4 years ago

I think its going to be a long time before this game is ever topped. I'm not sure that it ever will be honestly.

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's a great game but think how many more games Keith is going to design?
People said the same about Maiden.
Apart from prices and QC issues, 2020 is going to see so many great games

Keith has knocked it out of the park twice now. I never thought that he could top IMDN on his 2nd game but I think that he did with JP2. His designs have been a breath of fresh air to the pinball community, cant wait for game #3!

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

So you think it happened when or if I matched or won a game?

I would bet that's what it was.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

The machines volume went up so loud that everyone in the room turned to see what was going on.

No the old code should have had it on there also. Was it like a screeching noise? Just turn the knocker volume off in the settings and I'm betting that you wony hear it anymore.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Yes, it was definitely screeching. I'll turn it off, thx Who-Dey

You're welcome. If it sounded like a loud screeching noise that is definitely what it was. I turn mine off also, it annoys the heck out of me.

1 week later
#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m beginning to doubt there is even QC process at Stern.[quoted image]

I just don't get it, i really don't. I am totally afraid to buy right now.

#3251 4 years ago

My playfield looks fish eyed. I’m just trying to go to a happy place in my mind every time I look at it

Take a pic and post it. Next time i come over there I'm bringing my magnifying glass and doing a full inspection on your playfield!

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Pinball machines are NOT consumer products.

Oh really? If that's so then why do they make Premium and LE models and "home" versions? Also even if that were true, why cant they make a playfield without the F'ing clearcoat chipping off?? They did it 50 years ago so why cant they do it now all.of the sudden?

Sorry but you are just wrong, these games ARE made for home use s well as commercial use in today's world and they know that. Without the home collector I doubt seriously that we would have any pinball companies at all right now.

1 week later
#3392 4 years ago

Congrats! I agree the TRex is awesome.

Did you ever get my GC score off of your game? I hope so because i need a reason to come over and play your game again!

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just cancelled my Stranger Things LE and placed my order for JP Prem after watching a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and reading feedback here on Pinside.
I love Keith's first game, Iron Maiden. Super impressive from a design & coding standpoint.
For those that own the game and have put on hundreds of plays, how does it compare to Iron Maiden? How about TWD? Reason I asked about TWD is Keith is one of the best players I've ever seen play TWD and it's also one of my favorite pins. Are there any similarities to TWD in any way whatsoever?
I'm really looking forward to this one

Good decision. Stranger Things isnt even in the same league as JP2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gresham, OR
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.