(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wedgethejedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5017 3 years ago

Hey all,
Just got this machine, my first pin, and wanted a quick reference guide for the paddock bonuses. Threw this together as a 3x5.5 in card and looks great. Enjoy.
JP Rules Insert Map v1.pngJP Rules Insert Map v1.png20200518_095854 (resized).jpg20200518_095854 (resized).jpg

#5029 3 years ago

Thanks all for the feedback on the paddock bonus card and a few things that I missed and misspelled. I have fixed up the card to include the extra ball for T-rex and added the Amber Bonus numbers as well. This one should be better .

JP Rules Insert Map v1.pngJP Rules Insert Map v1.png20200518_232956 (resized).jpg20200518_232956 (resized).jpg
#5032 3 years ago

gblack , @prodoshi

Here is the Microsoft Office Publisher file that I used to make this if you want to make adjustments. It was easier to print from Publisher than from the .jpg for me. Looks great if you use photo paper. Thanks all for the positive feedback and I'm happy to contribute to the community here with this. Because of this sub I reset my table to as close to 7 degrees as I could and my flippers to 235 and the helipad and other shots seem a lot more do-able now Ball also isn't wildly flying all over the field after a slight ricochet.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9I8ADtgn8aZRs1yQA?e=GmLsGn

Edit:
Attached the .pdf and provided a direct download link below as well if that makes it easier to print. Apparently on older versions of MS Publisher the spacing is off vs the newest version that I used. So try this PDF if all else fails and just print it through that on photo paper.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9JBeeHyPITSaAN3Vg?e=2sP7Cc

JP Rules Insert Map v1.1.pdfJP Rules Insert Map v1.1.pdf
1 month later
#5548 3 years ago

$30 Jurassic Park Pro Velociraptor replacement with no wiring or additional modifications.

I know there are other mods out there that are around $45 to replace the plastic art Velociraptor with a figure on the Pro model. But that raptor is Blue from Jurassic World... Not Jurassic Park. I did some looking online and happened to find a great alternative for only $30 by using the Jurassic Park Amber Collection Velociraptor figure. It is a lot bigger than I would like, but it fits well into the machine and best of all, no modification is needed to make it work other than remove the default raptor plastic that is there.

The base that comes with the Amber collection figure actually fits great between the plastics and holds the figure in place. Best of all, the amber is transparent so when the flasher behind the raptor figure flashes it now lights up in an amber glow and illuminates the raptor from below.

Overall this was a very easy install, is true to the Jurassic Park skin coloring of the raptors, figure is posable however you want, and it was only $30. Here are some pictures from when I put it in. Also you can see the JP Matchbox cars I put in as well since I had those lying around.

In a few weeks the Amber collection will have a Dilophosaurus which comes with an East Dock sign... so if that is also around $30 that would be a great way to give the Dilo some love more than just the spinner art on the playfield and the East Dock sign into the machine as well. But the install I'm sure on those will be more involved to secure them depending on where they will fit.

20200618_193759 (resized).jpg20200618_193759 (resized).jpg20200618_193746 (resized).jpg20200618_193746 (resized).jpg20200618_192404 (resized).jpg20200618_192404 (resized).jpg20200618_192438 (resized).jpg20200618_192438 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6600 3 years ago

Personal Mod update: Print your own JP Pro Helicopter Spinner, Dilophosaurus figure, Raptor Figure update

My kids really wanted a spinning helicopter blade like the premium edition so I tried to hand make one and 3d print it. It took more iterations that I would like to admit and a lot of trial and error, but I finally found a very easy and simple drop-in solution that works great. I've posted the 3d file for anyone to print their own. Just need to print and then paint it (maybe a little bit of sanding). I recommend Black for the post cap, blue for the blades, and yellow tips. The yellow tips really make it look awesome when it spins.

Video of it in action: https://vimeo.com/452298235
3D file to print your own: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4566669

I tried initially with the blades higher up and then posts below the blades that the ball would hit. But with the 3d printing orientation they kept getting stressed and broken. So I gave up on that design and moved the blades to the bottom, rounded the tips and thinned them out (so the balls wouldn't get stuck when hit at a specific angle which was an issue). So far this last version has been in the machine for over a week and absolutely no issues. Again, the only modification you need to do to the machine is take off the top screw and the plastic of the existing blades art. Leave long metal post. If your post is the same length as mine, the blades should rotate just above the helipad switch and not hit it.

The Dilophosaurus Amber Collection figure came out a month ago and as my favorite JP Dino, I had to find a place for it. Wouldn't fit around the spitter spinner, but my wife suggested behind the helipad scoop. Worked out great and he is only secured with a single small rubber band to the scoop structure / lights. It works well that when the flasher goes off it highlights his crest. Worked out better than I anticipated. Just had to kind of work his tail and legs to get out of the way of the right loop.

I posted a while ago that I replaced the JP Pro raptor plastic figure with an Amber Collection Raptor figure. Where I placed it originally I found that it eventually slid down and would sometimes cause the ball to get stuck there. So reversed the direction of the base (JP logo up top) and drilled a hole in the amber plastic base just over the screw / nut to the side of the Raptor tower. I 3d printed a screw top that screwed into that just above the nut (red arrow pointing to it in the picture). You could use a real screw post and remove the nut if you wanted to, anything to just extend it so it holds the base from sliding down. This kept the figure base sliding and kept it open enough that the ball (if it got up there) wouldn't get stuck anymore. Haven't had any issues since and it works great now. Also added the popular raptor pen mod from Mezelmods and posed the raptor so that it looks like it is tearing open the fence. I like it

20200827_110307_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110307_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110216_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110216_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110220_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110220_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110231_sm (resized).jpg20200827_110231_sm (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7733 3 years ago

Hey fellow owners, I need some guidance after doing some maintenence on my JP Pro today.

I did the jeep fix with silicone, cleaned flipper rubbers, wiped down playfield, swapped Raptor tower screw (was hitting my balls), and installed 6 brand new balls.

Here is the problem, when bringing the playfield down, I mis judged the legs and it slipped and came down hard on some of the wiring and where CN1 and CN2 connections on the circuit board are (the board that sits under the paddock lights for each Dino) .

So far here is what I noticed:
1. Secure Control Room light and the 2x Playfield lights won't come on.
2. The game play seems REALLY fast now.

I'm pretty sure I need a new circuit board. Although some of the wires were pinched and had some disconnecting issues, I was able to verify they can still work by hooking them up to other LED connections on the board and the lights came on.

But I checked with my voltmeter and the pins for CN1 and CN2 which these LEDs connect to are not outputting any voltage for those two LEDs. When the playfield came down, the connectors on these are what the thin metal bar smashed into. Escape Nublar LED still works from the same CN as the Secure Control room though. So yeah, I contacted Stern to see how to order a new board for that. Am I going in the right direction? The board looked OK, but might be ever so slightly bent that it cut the connections there I worry. Everything else works it appears.

As for how fast the game plays now, is that normal after I stalling new balls? These are Zen balls from Mezelmods. The ball is really zipping around and bouncing off the flippers a lot. I was pretty good about ball control before, but having a hard time even post passing now.

Did I somehow possibly damage the flippers so they are now overpowered? I had them on 235 and the game at 7 degrees before as reccomended. I turned down the flippers to 215 each and it feels a bit more like it did before. But then again I have not installed new balls or wiped down the playfield before. This is my first pin and I'm not sure if this is expected. Had the game for 5.5 Months and it has over 1200 games on it.

3 weeks later
#8255 3 years ago

Hi all,
I did the truck fix pinned for this thread to grease the shaft and it works really well flipping side to side now. However, I have now had the bottom part that screws onto the truck now slip twice. This causes the disk not to go between the sensors to detect truck direction. Has anyone run into this issue? Do I just need to tighten the screw beyond the normal tight / snug fit?

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It needs to be tight, due to the vibrations from gameplay. Maybe try a small dab of blue locktite between the locking sleeve and shaft (just on the outside) - this would assist the screw in holding it tight.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wedgethejedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=wedgethejedi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.