(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5108 3 years ago

new owner here; day one. anyone experience a cabinet speaker tick? at the end of ball and before starting the next, my main cabinet speaker will sometimes repeatedly "tick" until i launch, again. hopefully a quick fix. ty.

#5110 3 years ago

nope. only thing i did was plug in the power cord.

#5111 3 years ago

you were asking if i had an external sub connected, right? definitely a negative.

#5112 3 years ago

it cuts out every once in awhile during gameplay, too. maybe loose speaker solder? i'll check it out.

#5114 3 years ago

i reseated the cable in the backbox. maybe it came loose a little during transport. the connector isn't the best either way, huh?

#5117 3 years ago

so what is the correct size for post sleeves? 7/8 or 1 1/16? can't find it in the manual. ty.

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I believe they are the 1 1/16.

yeah, eyeballing them, they look like that. thanks; gl.

#5160 3 years ago

the ball rattle at the entrance of the ramp makes me scared for the longevity of the plastic ramp itself, too. has that been an issue on this game for anyone?

#5285 3 years ago

the ball really speeds up once it drops off the metal return. you just have to time your flip correctly.

#5293 3 years ago

my bad; didn't know that was a thing.

#5346 3 years ago

shaker install newb here. i found the bulletin explaining the capacitor thing. we definitely install that on JP, right? what the hell is that other cable? not needed on JP, maybe? thanks a lot.

IMG_20200609_154151079[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200609_154151079[1] (resized).jpg
#5347 3 years ago

no patience. installed the capacitor thing; didn't do anything with that other cable. powered up and it's working.

how about your external sub low pass and phase setup, guys?

#5349 3 years ago

yes, that definitely came with the shaker; weird. actually, it might have came with the capacitor cable now that i think about it. no worries. ty.

i am curious on how you guys have your subwoofers tuned. i have low pass at 80 and phase at 0 right now, but i'm no expert.

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm picking up a HUO JP Prem tomorrow and officially joining the club! Any tips, suggestions, must have mods I need to know about? No, I haven't read this 100+ long page thread yet

i believe shaker is high on most lists.

#5396 3 years ago

i know i get a lot more airballs on this game after switching to superband posts from stern blacks. i'm not complaining, however. i have superbands everywhere on all my pins. they are way cleaner, which is very important. i don't want to be cleaning my games every week.

2 weeks later
#5624 3 years ago

yeah, doing a couple mods can be exciting. i just did the spinning helo blades from lermods on my pro. just a little thing like that can make a big difference.

#5657 3 years ago

anyone put cliffys on their shooter lane? specifically, anyone know what those two nail/bolt things are to the left. i stripped one. hoping lowe's has some.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I did but I can’t tell you what those fasteners are. Self anchoring screws?? I would imagine they’re in the manual and available at Marco’s or something.

first thing i did was check the manual, but didn't see anything. marco didn't have them either. i'll go into lowe's and look like an idiot. i'm good at that.

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Definitely a strange fastener. Call tech at Stern if you strike out at Lowes.

was thinking that. lowe's had no clue.

#5683 3 years ago

that's definitely what i'm looking for; tyvm. the ole fin shank! just gotta figure out the size.

#5723 3 years ago

as with any nib, shooter lane protection would be high on my list.

1 week later
#5857 3 years ago

did they fix the "shoot the left ramp" callout during the end of ball bonus tally? like wtf is that?

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I just realized my tower shots aren’t registering... how can I trouble shoot this?

check the switch in test; check/reseat the connector underneath.

1 week later
#6111 3 years ago

for the cliffy thing, just watch reinstall of those fin shank bolts. i stripped one.

1 month later
#6959 3 years ago
Quoted from biglobstah:

My JP Pro has started to do strange things, such as
- randomly lights set trap targets without having to complete M-A-P and shoot rescue targets, sometimes just after launching ball
- Score builds continuously without making any shots (caught my brother trying to take credit for a 2bil score)
- Lots of random roar sounds
These symptoms are inconsistent and do not seem to happen every game.
The only technician alert I get is for switch 17 trough opto #4, and this alert comes and goes randomly. Can a defective trough opto really have such an impact on game play? If so, any advice for servicing the opto? Should I be looking elsewhere?
Also any recommendations for videos on how to conduct the switch test?

trough opto issues should only cause premature end of ball or actual end of game not registering.

i'd try to figure out which switches are randomly registering, then check switch gap and connectors to those assemblies. gl.

#7004 3 years ago

i have superbands, too, and i feel like the airballs calmed down over time. i barely get any now.

2 weeks later
#7362 3 years ago

for the cliffy install, when reinstalling those bolts, don't overtighten. i broke off one of mine and had to order a replacement.

#7438 3 years ago

sorry, guys. maybe i'm late to the party. is there a link or thread about the mod? ty.

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Cliffies are great.

www.passionforpinball.com

3 weeks later
#7977 3 years ago

manuals are usually worthless for rubbers. i always do my own inventory.

#7978 3 years ago

to all the guys talking about lighting, just play the game with your overheads on, lol.

#7980 3 years ago

a lot cheaper...

#8013 3 years ago

always get some replacement c/e-clips for shooter rod maintenance. i can't get them off without trashing them.

#8177 3 years ago

my t-rex is alive! received and installed my kit from lionel yesterday. fit like a glove. very nice option for pro owners.

he did mention turning off the start button attract mode flashing so it wouldn't move while not playing. probably a good idea to not wear out the motor. i didn't see the option in my menu, but he said you have to be on 1.3 code. i'll check to see what i'm on.

1 week later
#8382 3 years ago

my win10 laptop was doing that, so i tried on my win7 work lt and it downloaded fine.

#8385 3 years ago

if you have space on your phone, you could it there then transfer it to your computer.

#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just finalized my Barbasol flasher cover, and it's ready for purchase: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545

i'm usually not into the cosmetic mods, but that does look pretty cool. good job, man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=weaverj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.