(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 4 years ago

Grabbing mine tomorrow!

#277 4 years ago
0D0742C1-7790-4028-A74F-811EB593D090 (resized).jpeg0D0742C1-7790-4028-A74F-811EB593D090 (resized).jpeg
#298 4 years ago

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?

I've emailed Stern already and I'm sure they will take care of it, just curious if it is a common thing or if this was a bit of a freak incident.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#300 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Wonder if it got hung up and then a direct impact destroyed it?

Quite possible. Just next thing I knew it was laying in the center of my playfield.

#347 4 years ago

My game has been on location for about 48 hours, I'll go down after work and check on the post. I believe I have some locktite in my tool kit though so shouldn't be too hard to solve.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, total amateur question here, but if I have a brand new SD card ready to go, what's involved in updating the code? Layman's terms, I'm no computer guru

Well put SD card away and get a USB stick with like 8GB, files are smaller than that but may as well be safe, and it is super easy. Download code, move two files to the usb stick, turn off game, put in stick, turn on game, follow display instructions

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well seems like a fun time but haven't had a large chunk to get into it yet.
For those keeping score my Raptor pit gate broke on the 4th play.
EDIT: WTF is this thing made out of? Doesn't feel like a normal gate...or live as long

We are twins with game 4 gate breaks! For what it is worth sent picture and serial number to Chas at Stern and he said one would be in the mail...but in all honesty I kind of like how it plays without the gate.

#626 4 years ago

If it plays well without the gate, what exactly was the gate there for? I understand it's a 1 way gate, so the ball would enter and not roll back out. What does the ball do now? Does it still feed to the left flipper?

It just makes it so that it can exit straight back down sometimes instead of hitting that gate and going to the C/Control room area. Makes it a bit more like Sparky, but since the reality is most shots at the Raptor area don't get all the way to that back target typically it doesn't have a huge impact on how it does shoot. I have had it happen twice where I hot the C/Control Room shot and it actually turns into the pit area and returns via that path.

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right there in the middle of the playfield, glaringly obvious from all angles

I've heard of a few people having this issue. Damn Stern and their evil rubber bands!

#712 4 years ago

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies? The game seems really well balanced to me in both scoring and what it makes you shoot all over the playfield. Although I think I've only started raptor tri-ball maybe like 2-3 times.

JP score (resized).jpgJP score (resized).jpg
#715 4 years ago

Yep the T-Rex truck mode I know I've scored over 100 million in. A lot of the other things seem to come from a stacked Chaos with 2x scoring. I'm definitely trying to capture at least 2 dinosaurs before I start a Chaos since those dino awards stick around the rest of the game.

#822 4 years ago

Yeah I don't feel this game really has any unfair drains in it, seems pretty normal with factory set up, but yes the left outlane could be more closed if you wanted to adjust a post.

#836 4 years ago

I think there are build up rewards for shots to the tower ramp, not sure what they are but they seem to build up

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Darn, been checking the FWPinball site to see if any showed up yet. It isn't listed yet at Summit or Floyds. I know where I'm headed this week!
Thanks for letting the Indiana guys know where some are out in the wild.

Lafayette has one as well, and I'm pretty sure Indianapolis should have 2-3 on location from what I've heard.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wonder if it's the ramps or just the inlanes?

It is the ramps, the spinner works kind of similar to the spinner on Nine Ball, build value then collect. I also realized T-Rex multiball has levels kind of like Tropper on Maiden. I put up 74 million in the T-Rex Multiball last night, and later jdoz2 told me the jackpots are worth even more if you hit them from left to right on the playfield so I'm going to give that a try later tonight.

#1181 4 years ago

I got to Visitor Center last night and nothing seemed to happen...Is there nothing coded in for that yet or was I just not seeing the lit shot or something?

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I read Visitor Center hasn’t been coded yet.

Okay that makes sense then, thanks.

#1198 4 years ago

My game is just set up factory. I got there again today. It really isn’t too tough of a game but strategy on maxing our score is where it gets interesting. Finally put up a billion tonight

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.
Listening to Elwin the other day on h2h what stood out to me was he said (paraphrasing) that the paddocks weren't even what you go for.. its the kind of stuff that just kind of happens as you go.
I've been playing paddocks almost exclusively... with Chaos coming as the shots are available vs timing of what was happening in the paddock at the moment (like trying to get that final capture, etc).
For me right now, 300-400m is pretty common... but my high is about 650. Getting over 350+ is uncommon.
The raptor pit I didn't see great reward on...
I find it hard to get a good spin on the truck, making t-rex modes a little harder.. and haven't seen huge points there
So far it seems chaos+good jackpots is the biggest boost.
What are the other ways people are chasing points?

I'm always trying to stack a paddock mode with t-rex or control room mode whenever possible and occasionally bring in chaos as well. Also double scoring combined with a mode stack and chaos seems to really blow it up if played well. The t-rex modes other than the multiball one seem to be pretty valuable to me. The paddocks themselves I don't think are worth a ton of points but their perks I think really help your score grow.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can I officially ask for a picture of someone's raptor area one way gate PLEASE. Got my replacement but it's still not working well.
I was excited to get to the Visitor's Center tonight...until I remembered nothing happens

I got mine too. I haven’t installed it though

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Harder dinos need more rescues to light traps, they also will need both traps. Then the yellow lights are lit to bag and tag them suckers. Now, I know I've hit the helipad ramp when lit and not have it do anything, so I avoid it if other shots are lit in yellow.
Now the timing that is a good question. I imagine too many incapacitated workers would end it? Or maybe not hitting get yellow shots?

There will be a callout that says you need to refuel the helicopter if you haven't captured the dinosaur soon enough after hitting the helipad shot the first time. I did also notice one time when I definitely shot the helipad shot while it as lit though and it didn't register, I assumed it was just a switch error of some sort but not certain.

#1467 4 years ago

So, how does one go about lighting the clear "escape" insert in the left outlane? I've done it multiple times but I dont know how I'm doing it.

Roll
Over switch to upper left of pop bumper area to get it flashing at target on lower left side. Shoot target while flashing to light escape.

#1566 4 years ago

Finally had a ball get stuck under the truck last night. First time in about 500 games on the machine so not bad.

3 weeks later
#1967 4 years ago

I heard of someone being sent a playfield repair kit from stern for their playfield damage...has anyone else heard about this at all? Has anyone heard back from Stern at all when sending in pictures of your damaged playfield?

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

My left ramp shots don't register when I hit it solidly. Is it possible the ball is going over the opto beam, or is that just crazy talk? I need to find a magnet and drag a ball across the top of the plastic that covers the ramp to see if that is even possible.
Anyone else have that issue?

My opto there got disconnected at the board under the playfield. It was an orange connector and the wiring was very tight I loosened it up and haven’t had issues since.

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I've tried downloading the pro code 3 times and it keeps saying invalid when I try to open the zip file. Anyone else having this problem?

I tried twice on my desktop computer and it kept having issues, tried it on my laptop and it worked fine. Not sure what the difference was but I got it installed on my machine on location last night and played a few games. Biggest thing I noticed immediately was the light show differences, they really stood out. Also the smart missle feels so much more important/useful now. Enjoying the hell out of it. Long live Elwin!

#2181 4 years ago

We installed the update at location and now the raptor multiball doesn't seem to be starting at all. The switches all work in test mode. Anyone else experiencing this?

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Double check you have the right code.
This happened to me and I was trying to put the LE code in a pro.

You sir are correct... dammit...thank you

2 months later
#3219 4 years ago

Anyone had issues with your right flipper since the new code update? It is like my slightly loses hold power now. I checked it out physically and everything seems okay, just get a little drop when the flipper is up and hit by a ball coming downward.

Also, I have had an issue where the GI lights for the lower left side of the playfield have a tendency to go out...I haven't been able to correlate it to any specific instance, and a reboot brings them back every time. Anyone else?

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

That is most likely a blown out coil stop. I had to replace the coil stops on my jp both right flippers very early on, less than 300 plays i believe. I had one coil stop blow out in my deadpool less than 150 plays. But after replacing DP has gone 1500+ still strong. And JP about 2.5k still strong.

100% correct, worse blowout I've seen, the thing wasn't just loose it was completely gone.

2 weeks later
#3453 4 years ago

I keep losing GI in my lower left side. Reset brings it back, but it’s becoming more frequent. What should I check for?

FFE89BF4-A8BE-41AB-B761-BDB377A46224 (resized).jpegFFE89BF4-A8BE-41AB-B761-BDB377A46224 (resized).jpeg
#3514 4 years ago

Ok, here's what I found out on my truck.... First few hundred games or so, the truck worked like a champ. Then slowly it became a bit more difficult to get it to spin. What I discovered was the ball attatched to the truck wasnt always making good contact with the stationary ball. Therefore, no kinetic energy was being transferred to spin the truck, even with a solid hit. Very frustrating. Here's my fix. Remove the truck, easy to do with a set screw from below the playfield. You'll find a couple of metal washers on the shaft that sandwich a nylon washer with tiny ball bearings in it. I used the smallest amount of a good silicone lubricant on those bearings, and on the metal shaft. I actually sprayed the lubricant on a q-tip, then applied to the parts. Reassemble the mechanism, leaving a tiny bit of wiggle in the shaft. The jeep spins like greased lighting now. Zero issues. DONT use wd40, or oil. Use a 100% silicone lubricant. Available at most auto parts stores.

Good to know as mine is experiencing similar symptoms at about 1000 plays now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 12,999.99
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.