(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,391 posts
  • 993 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 minutes ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 525 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
AED107D3-FFD4-4DE1-8C0A-C3501AEA5BF8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211207-155121_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1986772B-8A75-4D3E-90E2-5A1AB34E4766 (resized).jpeg
7A31D040-791E-480F-93C1-93DA314905D4 (resized).jpeg
C5B61F65-2023-4850-8331-46DDBBCE2BC3 (resized).jpeg
383918EC-A8F2-44B5-96D1-24FFB9E2EDAA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trk12fire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago

I have an AC/DC Pro and always have to read the Prem / LE thread to figure out my problems and see the new mods. They should be on the same thread. LE is the same machine with more problems. My vote is for 1 thread.

1 week later
#126 2 years ago

I wish someone would make a 1.00 per game, 2.00 for 3 game card.

#146 2 years ago

Thank you very much! I'd love a Deadpool Pro
1 for 1 game
2 for 3 game

I don't want to ask for to much, but it would look great in my arcade.

1 week later
#456 2 years ago

I'm just bummed because I haven't received mine yet. Ordered it the first day it came out. I'm just excited, supposed to be here Wednesday.

#534 2 years ago

Why don’t you guys get off this thread and start your own Bitch thread. I bought an awesome game and you guys are bumming me out. Nit picking bullshit. My rubber broke, I’ve got pooling, balls stuck and say everything is cheap. Then don’t buy it and leave the thread. Don’t just make threats, leave.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Even so $550 plus shipping for an unpopulated playfield to fix a problem that should be JJPs to fix is not ok. Not to mention how time consuming a full PF swap will be on Wonka or POTC.

Not a JJP thread. Don’t insult Stern

#537 2 years ago

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

This is an owners club. If your just thinking about it, go some place else.

#879 2 years ago

Ahhhhh, this machine is like WOW! I love the shots and I love the sound. I haven't had much time, but no complaints. Top 10

#949 2 years ago

Anyone know what this is? It fell out of my T-Rex ramp, where the ball exits the back board. It doesn't look important, but I don't know.

KIMG1765 (resized).JPG
#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have that as well where only about half the plunges make the ramp, anyone change the spring yet and if so what color worked the best?

I changed mine to orange, seems perfect now

#973 2 years ago
KIMG1767 (resized).JPG
#987 2 years ago

Love the speaker lights www.speakerlights.com

KIMG1772 (resized).JPGKIMG1773 (resized).JPG
#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerol:

I'm fired up you got one!
I think a trip to Grass Valley may be in order soon.
Congrats! It's a great game.

Thank you Sir. AFM SE, arrives next week

#990 2 years ago

IMO, I think this game maxed out on FLO. I dare Stern to make a machine with more FLO then JPII. I don't think it's possible on this sized play field. I have hit more combos then I can imagine and it feels like TiTs every time.

#1058 2 years ago

Not a big deal, but I cut my hand on the glass for the first time in this hobby. I was pulling the glass out of the play field and was sliding it down to catch it with my foot and it cut my hand. The glass is supposed to be smooth and sanded before buying, but you can opt out if you want. I'm just curious if it's more cost saving. Dunno. Maybe this piece of glass just wasn't done as good as it should have been
thumbnail (resized).jpeg

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

You get what ya pay for!

Ya, I love the game, but the coil stops are a joke.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

??
So you didn’t use a nut on the underside, just a longer

I purchased the longer thread, but decided against it. After measuring, I didn't think it would fit with the nut. People might not like it, but I just used JB Weld and screwed it back in, then added a green rubber to it.

KIMG1768 (resized).JPG
#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - both damn files. It's actually pretty easy to do. No worries.

I might be mistaken, but I thought last time I just put in the Game Code file and not the Read Me. Either way will work.

#1254 2 years ago

Hopefully an updated code comes out soon.

#1262 2 years ago

I was looking for the extra ball. Where is it located?

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

+100 Skill points for trying to save the island while driving in reverse

Haha!

#1419 2 years ago

Excited to install the new code!

#1448 2 years ago

Well, I just replaced my coil stops after 100 games. Stern really needs to go back to their old stops. I had new stops ready to put in, so I didn't think it would take long. However, Stern is using galvanized screws now. So one of the screws stripped when I tried to put it back together. The fix took 3X's as long as it should have. I'm worried that the screws are going to seize to other metals & brackets in the future.
I'm a Stern fan, I'm bring this up for future preparation of education. I wonder if the Prem and Le's have upgraded screws and stops.

#1596 2 years ago

I've never heard my fan.

Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

Back to the raptor cage, when the light shows capture and I shoot the ball in, is anything supposed to happen?

#1603 2 years ago

Thx. I thought the upper right flipper was supposed to be like that. So the ball would hit the post instead of shooting down the center drain

1568998067889107568292 (resized).jpg
#1612 2 years ago

Thx guys

Fixed the raptor target. The black wire was blocking the switch.

1569002019415343197973 (resized).jpg
#1613 2 years ago

Yeah, I got my first raptor multiball

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'll have to look at ours in league tomorrow. We noticed last night that the back target wasn't registering. Turns out that it was wedged to the left and stuck behind the rubber and permanently closed. It almost looks like I need to bend the bracket to the right a little to get it away from the rubber.
Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll make sure the wire isn't in the way tomorrow before I start drinking at the tournament.

I actually zip tied the black wire to the back of the target, so it wouldn't happen again. I also redirected the remaining wire, so that it's not so tight.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:Glad you fixed the rapter target! Was it strictly the wire or was it pushed against rubber as well? I know when I played I got a raptor multiball, but it happened seemingly quickly and I think was due to the switch being jammed closed.

When I tested the target in the switch test menu, it wasn't registering at all. When I removed the target, it appeared the wire was in the middle of the two switch blades preventing the switch from closing.

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

When I tested the target in the switch test menu, it wasn't registering at all. When I removed the target, it appeared the wire was in the middle of the two switch blades preventing the switch from closing.

It's possible that it might have been jammed up on the rubber too. Not sure.

2 weeks later
#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Got the moving helicopter blades from Mezel Mods today. It looked like it would be an easy install, but the hex post attached to the stock blades won't just unscrew from the bottom. Had to take the whole damn ramp and plastics off. Jesus, Stern, you lock down this part but the post in from of the upper flipper goes loose after getting hit a few times? SMH. Anyway, had to tweak it a bit with clips and bends to the wires, but got it working. Made a video below. As you'll see, you get more bang on the plunges than hitting the helipad shot.

Thanks for sharing.

#1945 2 years ago

I used Super Bands

2 weeks later
#2262 2 years ago

I just noticed JPII is number 3 on the top 100 list.

#2318 2 years ago

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds, to light up the play field a bit? Thoughts / pics?

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for all the opinions. I'd like to make everything a little brighter IMO. It looks a little dark compared to my other machines

KIMG1776 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2627 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Number 1, top 100. What! Mind Blown. Hopefully it stays there.

2 weeks later
#2832 2 years ago

My ball shimmies with original and Titan flipper rubbers. I moved the outlanes as high as possible and this seemed to help. I might try Super Bands, because I think they are skinnier and might solve the problem.

#2846 2 years ago

I use Titans too. I just don't get a smooth roll onto the flipper. I don't think it's Titans fault. Additionally, I use 2 3/4" sling shot rubbers instead of 2 1/2". They seem to last a lot longer.

1 week later
#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I feel like a grade A moron, but I cannot remove the right outlane post to move it down.
After a lot of tedious fumbling around, I got the nut from the bottom of the playfield off. Now, I cannot remove the post/top nut on the playfield. I have zero clearance to turn the nut from the top of the playfield.
I've tried holding it in place while spinning the screw from underneath with needlenose - nothing.
I've tried getting a hollow nut driver from the top - no go. The post is too big to fit into the hollow shaft of the nut driver.
Surely I don't have to remove the ramp and plastics and slings and disassemble the playfield to get this done?[quoted image]

Mine was difficult too. I removed the rubbers and used a small wrench. Turned the wrench 1000 times and finally got it.

#3117 2 years ago

I updated the code today on my Pro and was able to keep the settings and scores.

However, at the end of one game the volume went up super loud and crackled for 5 seconds. It only did it once out of the ten games I played. Hopefully the issue doesn't come back.

#3126 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Turn off the replay noise.

So you think it happened when or if I matched or won a game?

#3128 2 years ago

Is it caused by the new code? I was thinking of trying to reload the code

#3129 2 years ago

The machines volume went up so loud that everyone in the room turned to see what was going on.

#3131 2 years ago

Yes, it was definitely screeching. I'll turn it off, thx Who-Dey

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Nope, I had it happen to me on 0.91.0. Makes a terrible loud screech/garbled noise and then goes back to normal. I happen to be looking at the screen at the start of the screech and saw the replay animation. Sent a comment in on the issue, Chas just told me I can turn the knocker sound off in the menu. Thinking maybe I wasn't clear enough.
The museum madness insert not lighting up in the attract mode radar sweep animation bugs me too. Can't unsee it now.

This might fix the problem, but then I'm missing my Stern replay chirp when someone wins a game. Since the game is on location, it's even more important to have it on. It used to work, not sure what happened.

2 weeks later
#3400 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get the biggest kick out of clearing paddocks - everything else just happens while I’m focusing on that. Just the coding on paddocks alone is brilliant.
To start a paddock, you hit the solid white shots until you spell “map” on the back board. (For the first paddock 2 of the 3 shots will already be lit so you only need one white shot). Once Map is lit, the left ramp white insert will flash - hit that to start the paddock. The ball will be trapped at the up post near the left flipper (also brilliant design).
When the mode starts your goal is to rescue as many staff as possible/necessary and then trap and capture the dinosaur. This is easy at first but gets harder as you advance through the paddocks.
To rescue a staff member, hit the orange lit “rescue”?? shots. After you’ve rescued enough, the yellow stand ups behind the truck will light - hit one or both of those to set a trap which is a yellow lit shot. Hit that shot to capture the dinosaur.
The whole time you’re trying to rescue the staff, the dinosaur is roaming the paddocks- it is represented by the green shot and it moves shot to shot. If it gets to a staff member, you lose that staff. You can slow the dinosaur down with a shot to the green lit shot.
When you complete the paddock you move forward on the map - you can change the direction you go on the map by hitting the Jeep newton ball. The outer paddocks are easier dinosaurs, but not worth as much.
Sounds complicated but it’s really intuitive and addictive. Very clever coding.

Thank you for that info. I couldn't figure out how to capture a dinosaur. I was shooting the blue targets to set traps. Then I was shooting the Raptor cage when it says to capture, but I was only capturing Raptors.. Also, sometimes it says to shoot the helicopter. I agree, this game is so well done and difficult to master. Keeps me coming back for more.

#3431 1 year ago

Oh crap. Another post problem. Looks like it has a nut that extends to the bottom of the play field. How did it break free?

#3445 1 year ago

I never had problems with the upper play field, but my ball gets stuck in the Raptor cage a lot. Just below the target.

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

anyone else's bill acceptor stop working after the .96 update?

Mine still works

#3480 1 year ago

I guess I'll need to hear more comments about the new code before I decide to update.

3 weeks later
#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have an issue with the ball hanging up here? The level from side to side is perfect and is pitched about 8 degrees. Does anyone have any idea for a fix?[quoted image]

Mine gets hung up there all the time. Haven't found a fix yet

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just takes a little bending to keep this from happening. Removing the gate makes it not play correctly.

I have a Pro. I'll try bending the gate.
Thx

#3791 1 year ago

Funny, I have never seen the extra ball light. I just thought they forgot to put in an insert.

1 week later
#3963 1 year ago

Where can I find the directions to clean/lube the Jeep ball? Mine is getting sticky. Someone explained it, but I've been unable to locate it on the thread. Should make it a key post.

#4072 1 year ago

Love the new code. Best game ever! Should be number 1 on the top 100. AFM & MMR don't compare, IMO.

1 week later
#4207 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Same issues on mine. Thought about replacing the sockets but both are under the flipper bracket.
Tool the bulbs out and put a little piece of plastic between bulb and the side of the socket so the bulb sits tighter. So far no problems.

My DP has some flakey lights by the flipper guides. I think you can put a dab of solider on the base of the light and this will also tighten the connection. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

#4227 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Picked one up @ Louisville arcade expo. Happy I did![quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect for that room

3 weeks later
#4494 1 year ago

Welcome to the club Kvan!

6 months later
#7448 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

A couple of new alternate translite versions available. Some good content to the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I'd love to see a picture of it on a machine.

1 month later
#8446 1 year ago

I haven't been following this thread, but why is my JP Pro code update not looking like the one on You Tube? Im not seeing any of the movie clips.

#8450 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Try reading the thread

Dang you!!

#8452 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

If you are looking for movie clips ect you need to get the Tim code. Just ask him to share, burn to a SD card and donate some $ to him, it is well worth it and takes the game to a whole new level. Search for the following thread to get the details: Stern Jurassic Park 2 Custom Audio Project

Thank you. You are very kind compared to the last guy.

4 weeks later
#8840 11 months ago

Where's the Add a Ball on the play field

#8846 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

From Tilt Forums rule explanations:
During T-Rex Multiball, Raptor Tri-Ball, and King of the Island, hitting the lit Supply Drop standup will award an Add-a-Ball (for the first Supply Drop of each MB).
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644
For Chaos Multiball add a balls come from pop bumper hits.

Thank you, glad I asked

#8854 11 months ago

What's everyones standard score on J.P. I get an average of 100-200 million. I feel I need to up my game. Additionally, I feel that the upper right flipper to left orbit could be smoother by slimming down the Y bracket between the left orbit and tower shot. I'm not sure why they made a Y and not just a metal sleeve separation. The left orbit could be more consistent and repetitive.

#8856 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I average about 500 mil per game, 3 ball normal tilt, factory setting but set up kinda steep. My high atm is about 2.8 bil but I still can’t reach Nublar so...I suck basically

Well that just means I really suck. However, my game was sitting at a closed (due to Covid) location since March. I just got it to my house recently. So, it's time for me to get busy and put up some scores.

#8976 11 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Would like to see if anybody owning a JP pro in Colorado would be interested in a temporary trade for my IRMD pro. Just want to try the game out in a home environment and maybe someone would want to do the same with Iron Maiden. Again, I’m just looking to trade up for a few months and trade back. All my games are perfect, I would treat your game with the utmost respect and would expect the same from you. Send me a PM if any interest. Thanks.

Sounds like a good temporary trade. Wish you were closer.

#8978 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The toys are not necessarily what make this game great. It’s the challenging shot layout and deep ruleset that make this one of the best pins ever made. I say save your money, buy a pro and mod it the F out. I’ve got the moving Trex head mod which does everything but eat the ball, lit amber shooter rod, Alt translight, shaker motor...I don’t miss anything but the physical gate on the raptor pit. Overall I’m VERY satisfied for the money spent and I’m someone who typically prefers premium over pros all day.

What alternative translite are people going with for the Pro?

#8993 11 months ago

Ok, easy questions:
How do you earn an extra ball?

Why is there 2 Helipads and how do you know which to shoot for?

#9007 11 months ago

Thx for the info. I noticed it said Helipad near the spinner. A lot of rules to this game. I'm just trying to figure it out.

KIMG0453 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#9202 10 months ago

Great game, but I think I'm going to have to switch to 5 ball.

#9206 10 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just go for the extra balls in the game...It’ll be hard to feel good about any accomplishments you’ve made with the training wheels on. Practice makes perfect.

I usually get 1 extra ball for rescues. Where's the other extra balls hiding out? More rescues? Set for score?

#9209 10 months ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Not sure if I am posting correctly so here goes , I have had my game for just over a year , only in the past couple months have I starting paying more attention to the rules. My top game is 450M or so and like you I just don't understand how someone can get over a billion. Just the shear randomness of ball draining to Nedry or SDTM. I am playing on a stock game and have adjusted nothing, I just noticed the outlane posts are slotted holes , should I be moving those down to lessen the drains ? Any help would be appreciated

My high score is similar to yours. I'm not proud of it, but I brought both outlane posts all the way down and turned down my sling power.

#9279 10 months ago

Finally made it into the Billion Club. Curious, if you hit double scoring before entering into Vistor Center, will it give you 2 x all your achievement bonuses (like Stern Star Trek)?

#9294 10 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Cool thanks for letting me know. What do you think clear warm whites will look like compared to the frosted ones?

Nice im looking forward to it!

Did you look into Pin Stadiums?

#9305 10 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I dont usually like them really. There to much light on most games but maybe this title will be the right fit for them. Do you have them on yours? If so do they stay lit or do anything weird at the wrong times? I grew up playing in dark bars and arcades so i play in the dark now and this game just needs alittle boost.

I don't have them in my JP, because I might have to sell. Otherwise I'd use them for sure. I bought the Pinstadium Neos for my Deadpool and have been really happy with them. Additionally Scott has the best customer service. The lighting is as bright as you want it to be and you don't have to take your game apart guessing which bulb to put in. Adding new bulbs still might not brighten up the play field enough, making you disappointed and out cash.

#9312 10 months ago

My mechanical ball shooter was only going up and around the helicopter U-turn 4 out of 5 times. I added the washer that was suggested in recent posts with no luck. I noticed the ball rail slides back and forth and this is causing the rejects. If I center it, it works fine, but then it slides to the left or right. I don't see many screws that'll hold it in place. I'm trying to think of a way to keep it in place. Any ideas?

#9314 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you talking about the thin strip of metal on the right side of the shooter lane that goes up to the entrance of the U ramp? Maybe a pic would help??

Thanks for asking. The 4 bars on this ball rail go back and forth and do not stay put. I believe this is what's causing my rejects.

1611556633367756346871 (resized).jpg1611556659490621687302 (resized).jpg
#9315 10 months ago

Per previous discussions, I added a washer here on the left side, but didn't help

16115568106941178569322 (resized).jpg
#9332 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Oh ... the wireform is moving around, now I'm with ya
The wireform is held in position by the nut on the slingshot plastic, are you able to loosening the nut and push the wireform up towards the U ramp to lock in in position up there and then re-tighten the nut?
[quoted image]

I haven't tried that. The last time I loosened that nut, I centered so the ball would fall properly into the in-lane and didn't think about trying to trap the wire form near the Helipad. I'll try and report back. Thank you

#9416 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It's under "Lit Inlanes" in the rules. Lit inlanes is awarded based on # of rescues. Then to get smart missile the truck needs to be facing left (and facing right to get super spinner).

My smart middle usually starts when the truck is pointed to the right, blocking the shot mostly.

#9418 10 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Smart missile is only available when the truck is to the left. The extra ball (attached to the mech) is on the right. That is intentional to make the shot harder.

Yes your right. It works when pointed to the left, making it even more difficult.

#9430 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Did my first complete flipper rebuild on my JP Premium. I've played the hell out of this game since I bought it NIB from October 2019. I guess I have somewhere close to 7000 games at least. I changed everything including new EOS switches.. I didn't realize how much power I was losing over time.. the game now plays amazingly well and the flippers are back to being snappy and powerful. This was a fun undertaking. I was shocked to see how badly the coil stops were mushroomed as well as the plunger wear.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, they look ready for replacement.

3 months later
#10451 7 months ago

Back in the club for a 2nd time. I'll have to catch up on posts.

#10466 6 months ago
Quoted from morseplace:

Joined the club today May 3 build. I don't have deep pockets so I sold my EM's to help finance. So far loving it except the right ramp it never feeds the top flipper but rather does a funky bounce coming off the ramp and completely missing the upper flipper.

I think it's a leveling issue. Mine was good until i started messing with it. Now I get a little bounce, but it's not bad.

#10484 6 months ago

JP with Pinstadium Neos

KIMG0674 (resized).JPG
#10527 6 months ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Hello, I just joined the club and this is my first pin. I have a couple of issues I was hoping someone else may have experienced and fixed.
My right ramp that feeds to the upper flipper is bouncing instead of feeding. I've seen some people mention adjusting the wire corkscrew, but I was hoping someone may elaborate a little more on how to actually do that so I don't screw anything up on my first adjustment.
Also, my smart button doesn't seem to work to select the control room modes, is this an easy fix? It glows correctly as far as I know, it just doesn't do anything when pressed.

The button should be an easy fix. Take off the lock bar and inspect the button underneath. If it looks ok, you may have to check the leaf switch underneath. Make sure it's screwed down and secure. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to bend up the leaf switch. So it makes contact with the button.

#10528 6 months ago

Power the machine off before messing with the leaf switch

#10531 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Having same issue with ramp. Spent 2 hours messing with it yesterday and its now about 50% good, 50 rattle. Any ideas?

I haven't had to adjust my right ramp wire form before, but I'd check to see if the machine is level first, before moving the wire form. Put the machine at 6.8 degree slope and level side to side.

#10533 6 months ago

Hers pics of mine. Maybe you need to raise it.

162165669224930776768 (resized).jpg
#10534 6 months ago
1621656792142474144651 (resized).jpg
#10538 6 months ago

About 3/16. I can't get my ruler in there

#10539 6 months ago
16216576428321918836013 (resized).jpg
#10541 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ok thx. Will compare Sunday when i get back home. Maybe Saturday nite, I miss JP!!
If you haven't added Tim's code , I highly recommend you do. Its amazing!!!

I need the link. I'm not sure where to find it

1 week later
#10603 6 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone know where I can buy the dark green T moulding that is on the LE? Tmoulding.com offers green and bright green. I ordered the green and it’s not dark enough to match the trim.

I ordered this dark green on eBay. I'm not sure if it's dark enough fo you. There is only 1 listed as dark green.

16223484888441770587065 (resized).jpg
#10606 6 months ago

Quick update on subwoofers. I was trying to hook up 3 pins to 1 woofer. I needed to buy the adapter from Pinovators, for 35 bucks. In doing so, it got rid of my back-feed hum for all 3 pins. However, I need to constantly adjust the sub volume when I play different pins.

#10611 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Get these for each pin. It isolates any ground loops, then run the pins to a 4 channel mixer. I run 6 pins into a mixer and 2 subs w/o any feedback issues. It converts the high level woofer output to a low level input to the mixer.
Don't mean to take business away from Pinovators, they may have a similar solution.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I'll look into this, thank you

#10623 6 months ago

#2 in the top 100 for the last week!

1 month later
#10978 4 months ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

For the life of me I cannot get the shooter lane fixed. Have issues with both manual and auto plunge.
For manual plunge, I just can’t get plunger tip centered on ball. Any adjustment I make instantly reverts when I tighten screws and it’s quite off to right. Only fix I see is to move the inner plate (two red screws) since there’s really no adjustment I can find with the three shooter rod screws; those always tighten back the same. To move plate, I’d have to drill new holes for the screws, which doesn’t seem right when one is continually guestimating and adjusting… I’d have one chance before making too many new holes.
For auto plunger, the two washer trick unfortunately did not help.
Most concerned with manual plunger though… what am I missing here for adjustability?

I might be late on this, but my manual plunger was fixed by adding the orange spring. Also, my auto plunger was fixed by adjusting the power in settings. It worked a lot better after decreasing the power of the auto plunge. Now 14 out of 15 plunges work as it should.

#10984 4 months ago

Ah, I should check out auto plunger power, good call. Might also try one washer under fork and not two. What sucks is that auto plunger always worked, 100%, and out of ignorance I did the washer trick thinking it was for manual plunger… and then that ended up slightly throwing off auto plunger 3/10 balls. If I remove washers, manual plunger goes to total shit, 0/10… go figure lmao

I tried the washer trick and it didn’t help at all. Then I raised the auto plunger, which helped. However, lowering the power was even better.

#10985 4 months ago

Ah, I should check out auto plunger power, good call. Might also try one washer under fork and not two. What sucks is that auto plunger always worked, 100%, and out of ignorance I did the washer trick thinking it was for manual plunger… and then that ended up slightly throwing off auto plunger 3/10 balls. If I remove washers, manual plunger goes to total shit, 0/10… go figure lmao

Also, try not shooting the ball so hard with the manual plunger. Seems softer plunges are better. At least on mine.

#10987 4 months ago

I don’t know… manual and auto plunger we’re working so well for hours and now it’s all back to shit. Going to try a single washer under fork instead of double, stronger/weaker auto plunge, etc. one at a time, maybe a stronger spring or extra washer on main spring to get it into a tighter coil (not sure that’s how it works but sounds reasonable) and then move onto a Stern ticket as I’m running out of options.

Every 7000 games your machine is due to replace the bushings in the plunger assemble. There should be 2 small white bushings that stabilize the plunger

#11004 4 months ago

Here’s with two washers in; different movement, same effect. One washer is definitely better, but still not guaranteed to deliver like it should.
https://streamable.com/ik8mng

Usually when it’s inconsistent, the fork auto plunge isn’t sitting like it should. It’s wobbly, making it work sometimes. In my experience, you need to replace the 2 bushings. It helps stabilize it. Maybe your bushing is falling out. They only cost .50 cents a piece. You can also check that your coil is pulling it down straight. There are many things that could be giving you trouble.
I don’t have the game in front of me, but I thought you could adjust the habit trail left and right by loosening the nut on the slingshot. Something else to check.
Sounds like you’ve tried to lower the auto plunger power with no help. Have you fixed the manual plunger?

#11015 4 months ago

Ya I lowered by 5,3,1 increments down 20 and up 20 from og; nothing solved the issue. The fork of the auto plunge looks correct on the ball each time, from what I can tell. I’ll check the habit trail adjustment.

I was pushing it forward to exemplify where it made contact. Lastly I ended up tightening only one plate/rod screw all the way to canter it more to center; works 90% of the time now… just would like 100% so I’m not anticipating a fail every plunge, as it throws me off. Think I may just need to drill new holes for the red plate screws.

Raise and lower your auto plunge power in larger increments. Raise it all the way up (max) and see what happens. Then bring it down a little at a time. Initially this worked for me. Then I found if I lowered it below the game setting it got better. Raise and lower in 20 increments.

#11034 4 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Installed Pinstadium Neos on my JP Premium today. It had the quick connect option to connect the UV Flasher to the shaker motor.
When I did that, it seems to work for a game or so, and then the UV flasher *and* the shaker motor stop working.
If I reboot the game, it works again... for another part of a game.
Has any body else experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I’d bring this to the Pinstadiums thread. He’ll help you out. Great customer service.

#11037 4 months ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Once you get everything working properly I'd be interested to hear your true opinion. Debating them for my Pro.
Love them in my LAH but thought they were a little overwhelming in EHOH. Leaning towards maybe just a couple spotlights for JP.

I have them on my Pro and I’d buy them again in a heart beat. My scores have increased as well. FYI, the pictures I’ve taken of Pinstadiums with JP look a little purple, but the machine doesn’t look purple in person. It’s probably a crappy picture on my part. Plus you can adjust them however you want.

3 weeks later
#11315 3 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
My upper flipper is starting to intermittently fail? I've reflowed the coil connectors along with the switch. The lower flippers are perfect. It'll fire sometimes, half fire other times, but mostly not at all.

Check the switch gap on your right flipper button. Make sure it’s making a full connection to your upper flipper switch. If the gap is to big it could make your flipper intermittent.

#11321 3 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

it does yep. I don’t think it’s the EOS switch (working or not) at play here. Sometimes the flipper works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it half flips. Feels like it’s more a switch problem… which is fully operational.
Can anyone advise what a faulty node board would bring? Never had a problem with one.

Did you check your coil stops? Do your flipper plungers move freely between the coil sleeve?

I don’t think node boards do anything to your flippers. Intermittent sometimes means loose wire. I’d check your coil lugs

3 weeks later
#11627 3 months ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This was fun.
[quoted image]

How long of a game was that, 40min?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trk12fire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside