(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

81 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,256 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by Kneeno
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 394 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191021-194816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194732_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
14F0E818-B54D-4D6E-9A19-4C7CFE321F66 (resized).jpeg
8461D586-B457-48ED-B650-CE9259877649 (resized).jpeg
63AD3352-A086-4AB6-B798-B0C3ADC4FEB0 (resized).jpeg
3AA0FE26-9BD1-4247-A7A6-CF3CA4FB635D (resized).jpeg
62EB6284-4FDA-48CB-B234-2CFF7A1E9E3B (resized).jpeg
15716008185865467198947872572290 (resized).jpg
15716006406517567378216657610715 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Park Tag (resized).jpg
IMG_20191016_214044 (resized).jpg
15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg
15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg
15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (61 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (61 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (61 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (60 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (59 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 78 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moderator note:
After some discussion we decided this club thread could live, even though the game has not shipped. It’s on the line at Stern and close enough to shipping.
This is the club thread for the pro, the LE club thread from earlier last week that predated this one has been unlocked as well.

What aboot the actual Original one here?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-club-hold-on-to-your-butts

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Friendly notation from the moderation team:
A club thread may not be created until a game has shipped. This thread is being converted into the hype thread and has been moved out of the club section. Otherwise, posts like number 44 and 45 above would have resulted in ejections (club thread rules are strict).
Once the game ships, a club thread may be started. For now, hype or whatever else in here.

Let's clean this mess up please TigerLaw

#62 78 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Yeah, and honestly, I fail to see the need for separate clubs for the LE/Premium and Pro.

I don't like it at all...it's grasping to be elitist in a situation were everyone is laughably elitist.

2 weeks later
#233 64 days ago

Looks liek mine is showing up this week; neato!

#239 64 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can someone tell me how many balls JP uses?
I want to order Silverjets for it.

Confirmed 6...so it's always nice to pick up a few extra and you should have enough.

#243 64 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Grabbing mine tomorrow!

I hear mine is ready Wednesday....buuuut looks like I can't make it till Saturday (1st world problems!)
Shit Guess I better hustle and get that Stars working

#303 62 days ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.

Make sure to electronically tighten it down like, a super lot. Like hard enough were it goes into a clear creating a protective pool that will hold it tight!

WHat is it...T-Nut? Enough extra room to put a lock nut on it?

#357 61 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

So my one way gate in the raptor pit broke after about 4 games last night...anyone else had this issue?

Yes. Tsskinne at least

#444 60 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didn’t see any paint, just the clear pooling.

openyoureyes (resized).jpg
#448 60 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Two tech issues I keep having is 1) a "phantom" left sling that keeps going off on its own, sigh. So even when a ball doesn't hit, it's going off! Anyone know what might cause this/or how to fix?

Switch gapped too close? Try banging on the PF with your hand around it to see if it does it then which is usually a clue that's what it is.

#601 57 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP?

There is

#606 57 days ago

Well seems like a fun time but haven't had a large chunk to get into it yet.

For those keeping score my Raptor pit gate broke on the 4th play.
EDIT: WTF is this thing made out of? Doesn't feel like a normal gate...or live as long

#609 57 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

then yellow Set Trap shots.

Ahhh that's what I was missing. Had a decent 600 game going but got sort of stuck in a triceratops mode and couldn't figure out how to keep going; duh.

Also need more work on the truck, doesn't seem to move much for me but I'm probably not hitting it right.

#634 57 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you remove the factory-shipped rubber band? Don’t feel dumb if you didn’t - I missed it on mine Haha

So funny I was laying in bed today and wondered if it was secured someway thanks.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

We are twins with game 4 gate breaks! For what it is worth sent picture and serial number to Chas at Stern and he said one would be in the mail...but in all honesty I kind of like how it plays without the gate.

Yeah I was gonna deal with it today, but I too was getting used to it. I will replace it though just to get around shit like control room mode selection happening without the ball being held.

Quoted from Scribbles:

Does it still feed to the left flipper?

No it can go batshit crazy. Instead of a soft return, and it holding the ball sometimes, it just comes out whichever way it wants.

#639 57 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hah, so it was the rubber band? I felt like a complete tool when I found that thing, haha.

Right there in the middle of the playfield, glaringly obvious from all angles

#655 57 days ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So has anyone had any luck with stopping ball hang ups in the raptor pit without removing the gate?

Does anyone have a pic of how the gate is supposed to be?

I was getting ball hang ups there but it was before I set the game up properly. When I moves the machine in place and get it 75% set up, it still happened and to the gate looked crooked to me. I thought it was weird and was going to take a closer look and then the next shot it broke. Just wondering if there is any connection.

#684 57 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

At first I was 100% you're crazy if you don't go premium but the more I think about it, is it really worth it? I like the chomping but is that worth 1700+?

It isn't worth it, and it never was. You're gonna sell the goddamn thing in 4 months, you need to maximize resale

#687 57 days ago

Amount of dino ball eatings per play would help us a little more and I'm not sure on the number.

#692 56 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

They will definitely have the playfield and other issues worked out by then.

Quoted from yancy:

What if they already made LE playfields (with issues), kick them down the road to be premium playfields,...

You guys both might be forgetting people are having these issues with games made well before JP; but just noticing it now.
I'm not going all "its aliens" dude and asking how long Stern has known, but I'm also not going full fanboy and just assuming now that they know (that we know) that everything will just be fixed up nice and tidy.

#700 56 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

No one was complaining about this with other titles that I know of. Seems like it is just started to get noticed which is good and now it can be taken care of.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've got a Metallica and an AC/DC Luci VE that I bought NIB last year. The Luci VE has the blistering issue...

Quoted from phoenixpin:

Honest question: is the absolute amount of money lost on resale of a premium greater than the amount of money lost on resale of a pro? That seems to be what you’re suggesting.

It's a good question and my ASSumption is it's true. I keep hearing people say they/people are losing a grand on a game resale; which is more than I have ever "lost" on a pro. Now of course that could just be people talking jive for all i know, and since I never buy Prem+ I'm not really hip on their pricing as a whole

#711 56 days ago
Quoted from anathematize:

On the upside... what a fun game! Some seriously interesting shots and rules. KME just keeps the wins coming.

Been really fun playing. Strangely the right halfpipe is the hardest shot for me.

#713 56 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies?

Ha funny I just got a mid 900K last night myself.
I really don't have a good grasp on any strategies yet I'm still figuring it out, probably around only 20 games played. Trying to start some dino action and then roll the MBs in with it. Dealing with Choas letters and starting CR modes when I can but to be honest it juts seems liek there's a lot of shit going on at the same time.

Always love/hate Keith's 'flipper blocking shots' during MBs the bastard. I was still falling for it on IMDN and same here

#731 56 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

do you think there is a chance of a newer production dead.. pooling?

Yes.

#738 56 days ago

Multiple machines over a long period of time are having issues. I appreciate you guys just assuming Stern will clean everything up by then but we'll see.

#740 56 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You won't, be thankful you bought an le and not the guinea pig pro.

It's going to be hard to type "We warned you" with one hand when your LE is fucked, but I'll get thru it.

#742 56 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain?

Just you.

#820 55 days ago

Stock set up I don't feel the left outlane is the worst, although I may be a little steep.
Plus, that revive gets lit multiple times a game.

I got 2 fossils the other night!!!!
Don't know what it means but it feels well

#831 55 days ago

I understand that you understand zaphX isn't worried aboot the PFs, fuck we ALL know that from hearing it 800 times. But the point is we don't need a bunch of people in the owners club coming in here telling us why they won't join the club; that's not the point if this thread.
We alrwady have, for what reason no one can explain, poppy cook Pro shaming us even though he's already said he cannot afford a JP.

#833 55 days ago

Is the side ramp underused?

#854 55 days ago

Call outs don't bother me at all, art doesn't bother me at all; it's all a fine package.

#856 55 days ago

Uff.... Sideboards look like an ad for some energy drink.

#864 55 days ago

Lest we forget that days of kick girl on avengers, or Angus' face... God awful

#891 54 days ago

Is this the beginning of a coil stop issue people have been seeing with stern machines?

Take a look and find out.

#907 54 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm going to stream JP today at 1PM CST. I'm not a strong player,...

The truth comes out

Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

Well it's a Stern pinball machine with LEDs...it literally lights up my entire basement so I don't understand people needing more.

Quoted from yancy:

Send 'em all to me.

"We need them now, more please!"

#909 54 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Am I the only one who thinks the playfield is in serious need of additional lighting?

Old man eyes for sure

#955 53 days ago

WTF isn't considered a mini wizard mode these days?

#977 53 days ago

Anyone else seeing this? Something as simple as just adjusting the coil power?
We have a little clipboard where we put down issues with the machines that need fixing and I’d like to be as detailed as possible.

You don't need to be detailed if there is a tech reading it; althogh sure write down "Coil Stop bad,?" why not. For sure could be probably is coil stop.
Since it's not a JJP I don't imagine any diff'rence of electrical current from sub stations or sun spots would change anything in the game.
If the flipper cant make the ramp there is something wrong.

#1000 52 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Is it true they shut the assembly line down at stern?

Quoted from Chalkey:

Huh?
For labor day maybe?

That's the rumor. For the horrible PFs, not labor day

#1008 52 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lighting the trex mouth and the ramp underneath gives a better indication of when he needs to be hit, otherwise it’s not always as clear. Stern should have done this at the factory.

Big blinking arrow insert in front of it not enough?

#1027 52 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Game froze 3 time on me today.
All playfield lights out and display frozen.
Had to power off.[quoted image]

Uff that's lame.

#1038 51 days ago

August 19th date for mine and it has small blistering(whatever we call it) around the upper flipper post

Quoted from swampfire:

...I thought I saw a long crack in the inlane clear, that turned out to be the edge of the mylar.

It sucks cause now you think you see it everywhere!

#1041 51 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, that feels like the most vulnerable spot to me. I’m definitely going to do highprotein’s post mod.

I would not have done the mod if the area wasn't screwed up in fear of screwing it up

#1085 50 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

While I like the art and aesthetics of the stock 2-tier sling plastics, I’m not a fan of anything blocking my view of the inlanes. Is anyone working on replacement sling plastics?

I think you can just remove the parts that block the inlanes. I believe Frax or hazoff did it?

#1098 49 days ago

Wonder if it's the ramps or just the inlanes?

#1101 49 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Also, I changed my mind about the sling plastics - they’re great as they are. The cutouts at the top let you see the posts and nudge if needed.

Yeah I was inteding to pull them off before I got mine but haven't really even noticed them

#1107 49 days ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Anyone else have trouble downloading the latest code 0.87.0 can't seem to get mine to go through.

No, mine went smooth

#1117 49 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not sure how I feel about this mod yet]

I know how i feel aboot it

Quoted from swampfire:

I’m finding the Helipad shot to be pretty tough

Probably the toughest shot in the game for me. I guess the tower ramp is worse but only because it doesn't get as many opportunities.

#1145 48 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Stock jp is dark as shit.

#1150 48 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

So both files then?? I'm confused because the stern site says "file/s"

both damn files

#1165 47 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Does new code fix pooling/chipping?

On the pro? No of course not. But I;ve been hearing the premiums and LEs will be juuuust fine.

#1268 44 days ago

Can I officially ask for a picture of someone's raptor area one way gate PLEASE. Got my replacement but it's still not working well.

I was excited to get to the Visitor's Center tonight...until I remembered nothing happens

#1285 44 days ago

Thanks so much Swampfire, appreciate it!

#1321 43 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

I fail to understand the infatuation with shaving cream.

Because pinball machines are dioramas these days dontcha know; embarrassing

#1329 42 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

Funny my buddy mentioned that to me the other day on the machine he plays.

#1356 42 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

My only concerns here are having the wrong plunger spring installed at factory(what else might not be correct?) and this weak ass raptor gate....

Yep gategate is real. Just got my replacement the other day.
I believe Springate is real as well...should it be orange? Mine shipped green

#1377 41 days ago

Harder dinos need more rescues to light traps, they also will need both traps. Then the yellow lights are lit to bag and tag them suckers. Now, I know I've hit the helipad ramp when lit and not have it do anything, so I avoid it if other shots are lit in yellow.
Now the timing that is a good question. I imagine too many incapacitated workers would end it? Or maybe not hitting get yellow shots?

#1389 41 days ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does the crashbar button do anything other than launch the ball?

Not yet no.

Quoted from HighProtein:

It hit over $1000 on location so far at 75 cents a play. My current top earner on location

Does it balance out the million complaints you must get every day that the assets are used incorrectly?!

#1395 41 days ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Okay thanks. I was seeing it light up sometimes during Chaos but wasn't sure if it was doing anything when I pressed it.

Yeah it just lights up for now. I believe someone made a suggestion to Elwin and he might have been open to it so we'll see on an update later.

Quoted from tonedef131:

My raptor gate broke within the first 130 plays so I'm just running it without one right now. Distributor says to check with him in another week because Stern is working on a fix....

Yup gategate!

Quoted from tonedef131:

He also warned me about the post in front of the third flipper loosening, which it did.

Mine hasn't come loose but of course the clearcoat under that is fucked so I won't be looking forward to tightening it.

#1401 41 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

Just the one you played, maybe they opened up the lane? I've found it pretty fair with long ball times, but we did hear complaining the the LEFT outlane was a total drain monster before

#1414 41 days ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Hey are there many people out there who had the raptor gate snap?I know of 3 without looking too deep into it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside