(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneyfl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8635 3 years ago

Happy to finally join the club! I ordered my Premium this morning, and it will be delivered sometime next week. Deadpool will enjoy the company.

I also ordered the Tilt art blades, a shaker motor and Pin Stadiums. Any other "must-have" mods I should pick up?

#8643 3 years ago

Wow, guess I got super lucky here! I ordered it from The Man Cave Warehouse in Orlando today. This was the last Premium they had in stock. They are an official Stern dealer, but this is my first game purchase from them. Very good experience so far.

#8653 3 years ago

I found out a little more about how I lucked into a JP Premium yesterday. Apparently someone had ordered a JP Premium for Christmas, and then he changed his mind at the last minute and went with TMNT. My phone call yesterday morning to ask about lead time was just really lucky.

Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected.

20201222_164839 (resized).jpg20201222_164839 (resized).jpg
#8675 3 years ago

Got some playtime in on the new machine last night. Wife and I are both super happy with the purchase! What an amazing pin. Pairs really well with Deadpool, too, because they are so drastically different. The animated T-Rex is so friggin' cool.

Only gripe is the substandard voiceover work, but I've already touched base with Tim and will be trying his code this weekend. I'm really glad that John Williams' awesome score is in the game, that was very important to me.

The outlanes are savage. I wussed out and moved the outlane pins down this morning. I know some have mentioned that doing so didn't seem to help much, but I felt that it made a big difference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Moving the left pin was cake, but the right one was a little more tricky. Managed to do it without removing the wire ramp, but it looks like doing so wouldn't have been too difficult.

Stern knocked this one out of the park. Bolting it the floor.

#8695 3 years ago

Experiencing an issue this morning with my two day old JP Premium. Node board 9 (Upper playfield) keeps going down, always when T-Rex is active. Running through the T-Rex motor tests also triggers the failure. Figure it's a loose wire, but jiggling the wires around the T-Rex and on node board 9 by hand doesn't seem to trigger the problem. I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing this efficiently. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Reseat all Node board cables. This fixed mine....Dont know if it will help.

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I'd already tried reseating all the node board cables, but that didn't help.

I seem to have things working again now, though. As I moved T-Rex from side to side, at the same point it would always cut out node 9; moving it back the other way would instantly fix things. I poked around at the wires entering the back of T-Rex a bit, and everything came back up while I was doing that. It hasn't happened since. I wonder if poking around seated a wire, or if I just delayed another failure. I'm still a little worried that something is loose back there, and I'll hit this again. Y'all have any thoughts?

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Given your game is only a few days old, I'd suggest contacting your distributor and putting in a support call to Stern - they'll be able to troubleshoot this and send you replacement parts.

Definitely, will do. I was mainly trying to get things in a decent state for the holiday weekend. And, on that note...

Quoted from Manny65:

In the mean time you can go into the setting and disable T-Rex - it won't affect the gameplay at all, so you'll still be able to enjoy Christmas with your new toy

Great point, I didn't even think of that! Luckily the game has continued to operate flawlessly since my complex finger-pokey fix, but if things go sideways again this weekend that'll be good to keep in mind.

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I had the same thing happen intermittently. There was a loose wire inside the T-Rex's mouth. It's be resoldered and there haven't been any issues since. You'll need to take it apart to fix it, but it sounds like that's the issue you're experiencing.

Quoted from HarrieD:

Had a similar issue with my TMNT. The node board kept resetting with a 2 second interval. Eventually a GI connected starpost light was connected to a controlled GI led which shorted each other. (Previous owner added those starpost leds and I guess during transit it got bent somehow). After removing the short all worked fine again.
So maybe in your case the movement of the dino is creating a short of some kind resulting in the reboot of that node board.

Thanks for the replies y'all. I also feel fairly certain that the root issue is a loose wire inside the T-Rex. It looks like the procedure for removing the T-Rex is well-documented here and fairly simple, but my distributor wants to send a tech out. I think they are going to bring a new node board just to be safe. I'll update once I have the solution, just in case any one else runs into this.

In other news: holy crap this game is awesome!

2 years later
#16193 1 year ago

Is there any way to disable the pre-plunge inactivity nag speech? It's super annoying. I've gone through all the settings and don't see that option.

#16196 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I took a look too and I don't see a setting to disable it (looking at 1.05 PREM/LE settings).

Thanks for double-checking. That's a bummer, I hope Stern will consider adding that option. While I'm making a wish list, it would also be nice if we had the option to disable the attract mode flipper speech.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,200 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneyfl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.