(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

76 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,191 posts
  • 306 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191016_214044 (resized).jpg
15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg
15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg
15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg
15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg
20191014_135438 (resized).jpg
20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20191014_135330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg
72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg
72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (56 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (55 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (55 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (55 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (54 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#862 49 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here are three things I learned from the Head 2 Head pinball podcast with Keith that I thought sound great:

-The Raptor and CHAOS multiballs have three levels of progression.

-The T-Rex on the Premium/LE will follow the ball around the playfield. This was supposed to be implemented in the original JP, but wasn’t due to a patent for this feature with Rudy from Funhouse.

-The direction you make the truck face will control whether the orbit directs to the loop or the pops.

Such a deep level of detail and nuance in this game.

Agreed. I've added a bunch of info from that podcast to the wiki rulesheet, the games I've put on it, and some of the streams that have been published (mainly DeadFlip's game launch stream with KME playing): http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

I love the return of the Data East-like multiball rule where the Super Jackpot values are multiplied by the # of balls remaining in play. (Raptor MB Phase 3)

#979 47 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You don’t want the plunge to make the ramp. You want to short plunge for the secret skill shots!

Are there other ones you've found besides these? And do they award something other than just the higher points and similar ball-save added time?

Secret Skill Shots
Short plunge, and shoot the:
- pops standup for 10M + 3 seconds ball save.
- “C” lane for 6M + 3 seconds ball save.
- Right orbit “O” lane for 8M (+ 3 seconds to ball save?)
More??

#1120 43 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

At one point I heard the callout “Amber Ramps”. I hit the ramps but didn’t notice anything.

The Amber XXXXX features aren't separate modes, just a way to increase your Amber Bonus faster (besides the pops)

From the rules sheet on Tilt forums...
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Amber Bonus
Pops build your Amber Bonus. Collect the Amber Bonus at the pops standup. Capturing Dinos provides a one-time multiplier to your next Amber Bonus collect. If you capture multiple Dinos between Amber Bonus collects, then the captured Dino Amber multipliers stack.

Amber Features: Each Super Supply Drop awards an Amber Feature to grow your Amber Bonus faster by increasing it with each successful shot/hit:

Amber Slings
Amber Targets
Amber Ramps
Amber Combos
Others???

#1223 40 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.

Scroll down to the Strategies section: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

In addition to what I wrote there... I've noticed that there is a LOT of big scoring that adds up in the background, namely: Rescue Streak and Pteranodon Attack, the latter with a large Pteranodon multiplier.

And of course, use 2x scoring whenever possible -- but I've found that 2x scoring often begins unintentionally, so it's somewhat serendipitous whether you have 2x scoring running at an opportune time. But the good news is: in multiball, you've got a great chance of bouncing around enough into Supply Drop icon standups to qualify your first Supply Drop, which not only adds a ball, but lights your 2x Scoring standup.

If you've got a good Rescue Streak going, and you went RIGHT on initial Paddock, avoid the Spitter and even moreso the T-Rex paddocks. If you go T-Rex paddock, just plan on the T-Rex chowing down on at least one Staff.

I see *completed* modes typically scoring (base, not with Double Scoring):
Control Room: 60-100M
T-Rex: 40-70M
I doubt that most player's TYPICAL Chaos MB or Raptor MB scores are that high, thus the critical strategy of always having either Control Room or T-Rex going PRIOR to starting a multiball.

Last: King of the Island MB scoring gets BIG, in a hurry. As it should -- it's difficult to get to.

#1353 37 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They boil down to 'make sure you stack'.. well, duh

Lol. I’ll be sure to spend the hours of my uncompensated time tailoring a completely free rulesheet to your exact needs. Your post that expressed your inability to get past a certain score thresholds included admissions that you were focusing on only one particular strategy. In which case, those “duh” strategies would be perfect for you. I even went into a bunch more detail in my reply on this thread.

Spend more time reading carefully —and playing the game — and less time doing your keyboard complaining shtick.

1 week later
#1585 28 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks like it'll just perfectly catch & hold an airball. Well done.

lift off from the helipad

#1746 21 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I played about an hour a night and after 5 weeks, I realized that my overall score is BARELY improving (550M), I've hit the Raptor multiball only twice I believe, and even the CHAOS multiball I get, once a night or maybe twice. The T-REX multiball finishes too fast and 2 balls are not enough.

Basically, I'm kinda bored.

First: 550M is a pretty good score!
Raptor: try backhanding the dead-end target, live catch the feed, repeat (to get to Raptor more often). Raptor is a great challenge to get to Phase 3 when 3 more balls are added to play. And then the further challenge of hitting the two supers while lots of balls in play, due to the multiplier based on # of balls still in play.

T-Rex MB: focus on trying to get a big Hurry-Up value before starting the MB. Hit your jackpots from left to right to watch your Jackpots get big. Pair with 2x Scoring and T-Rex MB goes through the roof.

See what you can do with Pteranadon, by not cashing in the R ramp, and focusing on switch hits only. Then starting it again with 2x Scoring running, and a multiplier that carried over.

Get to, and play, King of the Island MB.

Try maxin out your Control Room System Boot, and T-Rex modes by hitting combos.

See how far you can stretch your Rescue Streak, and watch your points/Rescue get really high (avoid the T-Rex paddock!)

See how many of the Mr DNA combo's you can get in one game.

Plus, there's a bunch more of the deeper code still yet to come: Visitor Center, T-Rex mode mini-wizard mode, Control Room mode mini-wizard mode, Fossils, situational awards from Smart Missile.

1 week later
#1904 13 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Playing tonight I had an instance where the right ramp was lit for both the "A" and the extra ball shots. I made the shot and only got credit for the "A" and had to hit it again for the extra ball instead of getting awarded both for the first shot. Any thoughts on whether or not that's by design or if it's a bug? I hope it's a bug. At my (limited) ability level I need double awards as often as I can get them

I haven’t had that happen. Weird

1 week later
#2169 1 day ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Small update. Fixes some bugs. That’s about all I know at this point.

I’d guess it’s mainly to fix the multiplayer bug on Control Room progress carrying between players

#2171 1 day ago
Quoted from anathematize:

short plunge to:
"C" target on the left
Amber target in the pops
"O" target on the right orbit
all three seem to be valid secret skillshots. i think its just a standar points + ball save (more than the normal skill shot?) time from what i've noticed but i'm usually not watching the screen at that moment.

It would be cool if the standard skill shot sequence also included a super duper skill shot of L ramp, R ramp, upper L loop, L side ramp. I've done that once, and it felt sooooooo good.

#2175 1 day ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is that for every dino on the map?

After the first couple of dinos, yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside