(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,345 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by fooflighter
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sliprose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5115 1 year ago

I bought a Jurassic Park Pro NIB a little over 2 weeks ago and noticed that the wood in the shooter lane has a small crack running up from the slit. I attached a photo that I hope shows the crack. Initially I wasn't too concerned because it doesn't impact gameplay, but then was wondering if it will give me problems in the future and possibly minimize the value of the machine? Anyone else seen this issue?

IMG_20200601_115034 (resized).jpg
#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

damn that's never good to see I would repair from the bottom at least. I turned down the trough eject to around 170 which someone mentioned in this thread to help prevent the wear you are seeing on the right side.

Yeah, a bummer to see a defect right out of the box. Thanks for the tip on turning the eject down to 176 (lowest it will go) to see if that reduces the wear on the right side. I honestly didn't notice the wear until I took the pic.

I also turned down the flippers from 255 to 235 based on earlier posts. I wonder if doing this will help with the left T-Rex ramp sometimes not registering? Mine misses the shot probably 5% of the time, which is usually a clean perfect shot - adding to the frustration. I saw the earlier post to remove spacers on the back of the ramp cover to prevent the ball from jumping over the sensor. I was planning on doing this but just switching the washer & spacer on the screw so the spacer is on top of the plastic cover and washer on bottom, reducing the height of the cover. I'm going to see if the reduced flipper power reduces the sensor misses on the ramp before messing with it.

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from Jahkub:Here's a link to what I did for my T-Rex ramp to fix it, mine wasn't registering the exit opto on fast shots because of bad alignment.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

Good tip. I'll look at the opto sensor alignment to see if it is setup properly. I need to clean and wax soon as getting close to 500 plays already, so I'll check out the sensor then. Thanks.

#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have the Pro that had the same issue with registering T Rex shots. Whatever I recommended before with the spacers fixes the problem 100 percent. I even added some clear tape on the edges of the ramp to hold it down flush. You cannot see that part of the ramp anyways while playing. Good luck. Easy fix.

I went about fixing my nonregistering T Rex ramp shots on my Pro. I looked into the opto sensor alignment and it seemed okay to me. It didn't seem like I could improve the alignment with a shim as another poster had mentioned. So, I switched the spacers & washers so the washers were between the two plastics and the spacer acts as the washer on the topside on the back covering of the ramp. This reduces the height of the top of the covering to make sure the ball doesn't jump over the sensor. I played quite a few games tonight and happy to report there were zero shots not registered on the T Rex ramp.

Thank you kingfishtr for giving me what appears to be the fix to this frustrating problem.

1 month later
#5737 1 year ago

I put Tim's audio onto my JP2 Pro today and it is awesome. I can't wait to explore it more. These Jurassic Park machines just keep getting better and better.

The Pro is my first home machine, not counting an old EM my parents had in the 70s, and I do not regret my choice at all. I spent about 4 hours this weekend at MOMs pinball parlor College Park, MD playing a bunch of top 25 games and came away thinking, I like my JP2 more.

In case anyone is interested, I just posted on the JP2 custom code thread how I loaded Tim's code onto my JP2 Pro so that I have 2 SD cards 1) factory 2) Tim's audio:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5733348

Bravo, Tim. Job well done.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d love to try it, but have 1.01 installed and my understanding is if an update comes your sweet audio won’t come along for the ride.
Thanks for all the effort, but will probably have to pass for now.
Happy to be wrong!

You shouldn't have any problems installing Tim's sounds on v1.01. I installed it on my Pro on a fresh SD card flashed with v1.01 with no problems at all. From others it looks like they were able to install on v1.01 as well. The machine does revert back to v1.00 after Tim's update. It is fun to explore the new audio.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5733348

1 week later
#5834 1 year ago

I added a Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter to my Pro and it turned out great. I had already added the Mezelmod raptor pen and a plastic raptor figurine on the left side of the playfield, but my daughter was complaining about how terrible the stock helicopter looked on the right side, so I went about finding a replacement. After seeing some of the mods for sale using the Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter, I went on Ebay and found it. The helicopter was part of a 2 piece set packaged together with a truck and there is a sister set with airplane and atv, my seller had all 4 for a little over $8 + another $4 for shipping. After it arrived, I cut a piece of metal strapping tape to make a bracket, drilled holes on both ends of the bracket, and another hole into the base of the helicopter where I inserted a screw to attach it to the bracket. I removed the screw holding the stock plastic helicopter blade and used that screw to attach the helicopter. My daughter gave the mod her stamp of approval. I now have 3 other Jurassic themed vehicles that I might incorporate into the game as well.

Matchbox Set (resized).jpgheli bracket (resized).jpgmounted heli (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#6246 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I recall seeing a post about adjusting the shooter to ensure the ball was being hit dead center to fix those launch issue.
I'm getting about a 50% fail on auto and manual plunges.
Anyone find a fix for this?

Install a small washer under the left side of the metal fork in the shooter lane to raise it slightly. Improved my auto launch success tremendously.

#6338 1 year ago

Do the outlane posts do anything in this game? A couple of months ago I lowered the outlane posts, hoping to cut down a bit on side drains, but I was just thinking that it really made little to no difference. It seems the common angles that feed the outlanes miss the posts regardless of position. Has anyone else noticed that moving the outlane posts doesn't change much?

1 week later
#6569 1 year ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I went about fixing my nonregistering T Rex ramp shots on my Pro. I looked into the opto sensor alignment and it seemed okay to me. It didn't seem like I could improve the alignment with a shim as another poster had mentioned. So, I switched the spacers & washers so the washers were between the two plastics and the spacer acts as the washer on the topside on the back covering of the ramp. This reduces the height of the top of the covering to make sure the ball doesn't jump over the sensor. I played quite a few games tonight and happy to report there were zero shots not registered on the T Rex ramp.
Thank you kingfishtr for giving me what appears to be the fix to this frustrating problem.

Jmxdc see this fix that has worked 100% for me in getting my TRex ramp shots registering.

#6659 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Thank you sliprose This fixed my issue, I played several games and all of my T-rex ramp shots registered 100% of the time.

So glad that this solution worked for you as well. It's been months now and I have not had any shots not register and it doesn't appear that reducing the height of the plastic in the back has contributed to any rejected shots. I believe this is the correct fix for the problem. It was so frustrating before when a perfect shot up the ramp didn't count - glad that's no longer an issue for the two of us!

1 week later
#6777 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Has anyone seen or made a full length top/cap for the left ramp? Lately ball has been rejecting from upper rear most plastic top when hitting a full power left ramp shot.
I have flippers at stock power, had them turned down but then I cant backhand left ramp.

I have a Pro and my left ramp started having lots of ball rattle rejects and balls flying off the ramp into the back corner. I fixed it by putting some weather stripping under the metal flap at the base of the ramp. I needed to cut the thickness of the strip so the flap still sits flush at the bottom. I used two pieces with the one closer to screws being thicker. This helped a lot with smoothness of my left ramp shots by giving a little support and dampening vibration in the thin metal piece.

1 month later
#7615 1 year ago

Has anyone lowered the plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp by removing the spacers? Has it reduced the amount of flying off the ramp onto the plastics in the back left corner and improved rattle rejects off the ramp? I did it on my Pro and I think there is a slight improvement, but it's anecdotal and was wondering if others had experience doing this.

For background, when I first got my JP2 Pro the T-Rex ramp was butter smooth, with rarely a rejected rattle shot at full flipper strength and I can't remember many shots flying off the ramp. As time has gone by these occurances happen more frequently. I've reduced flipper power (down to 220) and made sure the metal flap is flush with the playfield but it still happens. I think it is probably related to the metal flap changing shape over time that is contributing to this behavior. I recently removed the spacers above the posts but below the plastic guard plate at the ramp entrance to reduce the height, but not sure if it did much so reaching out to others for their opinion.

1 month later
#8669 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Set game from 3 balls to 5 balls, extend time for ball saves, and physically adjust the outlane guide posts to be more closed.

To help out your 5 year old, I agree with what everyone is saying with going with 5+ ball games, extended ball saves, and extra balls for high scores. Regarding outlanes, in my experience moving the posts down doesn't seem to do much for this game. I'll probably get flamed for this, but for a 5 year old just starting out and depending on their skill, you might consider putting a rubber band across the right Nedry outlane but leave the left one alone as it has at least one ball save. The left lane will get get some drains after the first save, but your child will at least get used to the concept of outlane drains. As their skill improves, you can remove the rubber band.

After changing settings, the one issue you may have is that the machine is then setup for your 5 year old and not you. What you can do is backup the settings for an adult setting and a kid setting onto a USB drive via the backbox and then load the appropriate version to whomever is playing. A little hassle, but will be better than adjusting every menu setting via the coin door each time you switch players.

Congrats on joining the club!

#8777 11 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

By the way.....in my JP premium the second opto of the left (T Rex) ramp behind the backboard sometimes registers the ball and sometimes not. Already cleaned the optos, but no chane. Is there anybody with similar issues? Perhaps I need to swap the optos; however the front opto part seems to be diffficult to get to.

Remove spacers on the ramp cover behind the backboard to prevent the ball from jumping over the opto sensors. I switched the washer & spacer on the screw so the spacer is on top of the plastic cover and washer on bottom, reducing the height of the cover. This worked 100% for me, no impact to rejects and shots have registered perfectly since I did it months ago. Before doing this, some shots, especially clean ones, would not register.

1 week later
#9023 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks for the post - how think was the cardboard you used?

I used little cabinet door bumper dots in a row under the ramp under the metal flap where the plastic begins on the bottom. This has worked great in smoothing out shots up the T-Rex ramp. I had originally used foam weather stripping, but I don't think it was firm enough to make much of a difference. The rubber dots were easy and work great. No one other than me would know they were there, completely hidden. I'm sure the right thickness of cardboard would work, too - anything to reduce the metal flap from flexing as much.

#9156 10 months ago

Anybody having issues shattering the clear plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp? On my Pro, I shattered the original plastic on both sides of the front screws. I ordered replacements from Ulek and the first replacement shattered in the same place after a week. I have another spare but I am afraid to attach it as I don't want it to shatter as well. For now, I cut out a piece of acrylic and covered it with mylar - doesn't look very good, but it's at least functional. We'll see how long it lasts.

Anyone else have problems with the plastic guard above the TRex ramp entrace shattering? What was your fix?

#9159 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Did you make sure your posts are solid and not loose and wobbly?

Good thought, but posts were tight and not loose. It seems like both shatters were from a ball hitting them, but can't be sure they weren't already cracking prior.

That Ulek is selling replacement ramp covers makes me think others are also having issues, too.

#9162 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you using the black spacers under the clear plastic or have you previously removed those to improve T-Rex catching the ball?
The posts coming loose was my first thought, but the screws that hold the plastic down also have a tendency to come loose - maybe they were loose and the ball striking the plastic causes the cracking???

I had removed spacers at one point on the stock plastic ramp cover but had put them back as I didn't notice a difference. It's possible I had cracks in the plate because of that. When I put in the replacement piece, spacers we're back as normal so that should not have been an issue

1 month later
#9623 9 months ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Anybody having issues shattering the clear plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp? On my Pro, I shattered the original plastic on both sides of the front screws. I ordered replacements from Ulek and the first replacement shattered in the same place after a week. I have another spare but I am afraid to attach it as I don't want it to shatter as well. For now, I cut out a piece of acrylic and covered it with mylar - doesn't look very good, but it's at least functional. We'll see how long it lasts.
Anyone else have problems with the plastic guard above the TRex ramp entrace shattering? What was your fix?

Quoted from timlah79:

FYI for anyone whose left ramp / t-rex ramp plastic cracks at one of the screws like mine recently did (the plastic that keeps the ball from hopping over the optos), Ulekstore sells replacements: https://www.ulekstore.com/Left_Ramp_Replacement_Plastic_for_Jurassic_Park_p/leftramp_jp.htm
The part isn't even listen in the manual so I was grateful to find this online and wanted to share!

I posted a few weeks ago having this issue with shattering the plastic guard above the ramp. My original shattered, I ordered 2 replacements from Ulek (to have a spare) and the replacement shattered within a day after installing. I then cut a piece out of acrylic and covered with mylar. That has been working fine for the past month. I still have a second Ulek one, but I'm scared to install in fear of it breaking. I'm not sure why the one I made has held up, someone responded to check if the posts are tight (they are) and the screws tight (they are).

Interestingly, I had the same issue with my Walking Dead a year ago and I ordered from Ulek the plastic piece that goes above the ramp and that one has been flawless. That one does seem to be thicker than the one they made for the JP2.

That Ulek sells these pieces leads me to believe that we're not the only ones having problems with the guard cracking.

1 week later
#9726 9 months ago

Last summer, I read that the recommend slope for JP2 is 7.0 deg, so I adjusted to what I thought was that angle. It seemed like the machine's bubble level was off pretty extreme, but that is what my phone said. This past weekend I was cleaning my JP2 Pro and decided to double check the playfield angle using my phone, and low and behold it showed close to 8.0 deg!

In hindsight, I think I didn't calibrate my phone when I set up the angle earlier - or maybe I didn't account for the camera sticking out from the back. Regardless, I had been playing at the steeper angle for 6 months. Within a day of setting to 7.0 deg I set my new GC score - just under 1 billion. I swear I will break through that barrier soon, before I changed the angle I thought it would be impossible.

I'm definitely an idiot, this is just one of the many ways I've proven that fact.

5 months later
#11227 3 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That's awesome to hear. I had a feeling that might be a good fix and I am happy to hear that you tried it and it worked. Thank you so much for posting that reply. I will definitely do that this evening when I get home from work.

I did the spacer swap to lower the "roof" behind the TRex on my Pro over 1 year ago and every shot has registered since with no additional rejects. The fix has been 100% effective. I never messed with the opto.

I have two machines, Walking Dead LE and JP Pro. I find it funny when I read people talking about JP being so hard as I switch to that machine when I'm looking for something easier to play LOL. I actually think difficult machines are the way to go for small home collections, as they are hard to master and keep you coming back for more punishment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sliprose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside