(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Dumb question perhaps, but do the new spike systems need a battery replaced every so often? If so, can a NVRam chip be installed like on older sterns?

They run off a coin battery. It will last years and never leak.

No, it doesn't have RAM chips like older pins that can be popped out.

#125 4 years ago

They look great!

Let's get some Pro cards!

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this?

The designer. His name is Keith Elwin, top ranked pinball player in the world and up and coming star at Stern. If he wants it there, then he has a good reason.

Quoted from pinmister:

animations are sub-par.

Hardly. They look great, and are by far the best Stern has ever done.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I had the shaker motor on TWD but didn't care for it all that much. May have not had it dialed in correctly though as it was quite loud and rattled a lot.

I always tighten the long screw across the top. Three quarter turns seems to do the trick. I do this right out of the box, before installing. They always seems to bee a little too loose.

2 weeks later
#1328 4 years ago

Interesting that some people are having issues with the manual plunge not making it up the helipad ramp. For me, the manual plunge is the only time it works 100%. On the auto plunge, it fails around 25% of the time. I've tried increasing and decreasing the power, but nothing works 100%.

Also, I find it next to impossible to post pass from right to left. Left to right works as expected. Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

1 week later
#1673 4 years ago

Anyone figure out a solution to the auto-plunge not making it up the helipad ramp every time? Increasing and decreasing the power hasn't made it go away for me. Game is leveled correctly. Manual plunge seems to work every time if you give it a hard pull. Auto-plunge is only about 75% of the time.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Definitely check the alignment of the autoplunge fork. If it’s not dead center on the ball it can make a big difference in power.

I did originally. It was slightly off, and I was able to bend it (nothing extreme) enough to be flush with the ball on both sides. That didn't fix the issue.

I have noticed the the fork is very "jiggly" when touched. I don't remember if it's supposed to be that way, and I don't have another Stern to examine.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Any node board issues with this game so far?

Node board issues are so 2018.....

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ghosting, cabinet splitting, node boards, and now pooling/chipping. Where were all these problems in the 90's and early to late 2000's?

Well, there was no such thing as node boards back then, but keep grasping!

#1747 4 years ago

Escape from Nublar also still needs to be coded.

Lots more to enjoy through the rest of the year as this gets updated.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

1: My opinion is slight lubrication is the way to go. When the ball is kicked up, there may be a slight bounce that, from time-to-time, affects the launch button. I'm okay with the randomness these types of quirks add. It reminds me that this isn't a video game!

What exactly are you lubricating in this example?

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just installed a shaker and it’s kinda cool. Would be nice to see more action with it

Seems to be a lot for me. Very interactive, unlike some titles. T-REX chase is a good example....you feel him walking at different speeds.

#1809 4 years ago

Was getting rejected shots on the T-REX ramp, even when they were perfect going up. Also loud and clanking shots from the upper flipper to the Raptor Tower ramp. Turned down the power settings on all 3 flippers, and the shots are much nicer now...almost butter smooth. I set mine to 220. Your machine may be slightly different, but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

#1864 4 years ago

Looks like a mode, smells like a mode, plays like mode.

A mode the paddocks are.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I don’t care if people call them modes, but what I do care about is the people who are worried this game isn’t for them because the paddock “modes” progress in the same order every game.
In generally all other games, a mode means, shoot X shot, then shoot Y shot, and finish with shot Z - congrats you are done. Paddocks don’t work like that.

Baffling post.

First of all, the paddocks do not progress the same time every time. You have a choice in what path you take, and can change the path by switching the truck. You can completely bypass the an entire side or the center of the island if you want to. Several different option for getting to the Visitor Center.

Second, that's exactly how the paddocks work. Shoot X (rescue a worker or two), shoot Y (set the trap), and then shoot Z (capture the dinosaur). There are even qualifying shots to start the modes (spell MAP).

#1884 4 years ago

Dupe.

#1914 4 years ago

Got the moving helicopter blades from Mezel Mods today. It looked like it would be an easy install, but the hex post attached to the stock blades won't just unscrew from the bottom. Had to take the whole damn ramp and plastics off. Jesus, Stern, you lock down this part but the post in from of the upper flipper goes loose after getting hit a few times? SMH. Anyway, had to tweak it a bit with clips and bends to the wires, but got it working. Made a video below. As you'll see, you get more bang on the plunges than hitting the helipad shot.

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The Shaker integration is fantastic on the Pre/LE .
If you have a pro without a shaker motor go get one!!! Must have.

Premium doesn't come with shaker either. Only LE.

1 week later
#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Premium over pro - prob one of the best examples of why it's worth it. LE up to you if you see the value.

I would argue it's one of the best examples of saving money with a Pro. The game shoots exactly the same, with the exception of the Raptor Pit, which adds some difference. The moving T-Rex head is cool, but after you've seen it 20-30 times, the effect wears off. It's not like it's a physical ball lock.

If you want some of the perks, Mezel is working on a better sculpted, moving head for the Pro. My guess would be $200, tops. You can add spinning helicopter blades for $25.

So you can buy a pro that shoots exactly the same, and if you want to, add $225 to have some cosmetic goodies.

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I hear you. Unfortunately you're missing functionality which you seem to ignore. Trex head moves - sure. It also eats the damn ball which is awesome. Raptor pit plays much differently too.
I see your point - pro is a damn good game but when you're already dropping 5500, I just can't see walking away from these great features (not just a moving head).

Actually, I didn't ignore either. I acknowledged that the Raptor pit gives the gameplay some difference. I also pointed out that the T-REX doesn't lock the balls, implying that it does eats them, but doesn't lock them serially. I just don't think it's cool enough of a mech to justify an $1,800 price difference. The plus side of having the Pro is being able to get rid of that dollar store T-REX head and replace it with a much better sculpt through mod makers. If Mezel's hints are true, it will even move!

I played the LE the other night. It's great! I'm sure every owner is very happy with the Premium/LE model. I just don't think this game is an example of the Premium/LE being a must have. There are many Stern Pro's that are too compromised, just not this one.

1 month later
#2958 4 years ago

I love that the code is adding effects for the amber shooter mod. Santa is brining me this for Christmas, and hearing it is interactive makes me want it even more.

So while Star Wars owners are getting f*cked with a two year late $750 topper, we JP owners can have a very sleek looking, interactive backlit accessory for $130.

2 months later
#3874 4 years ago

Loving the new code update. Being able to play Escape Nublar at start is an excellent idea. It's not a cheat, just its own separate thing. Feels like playing a totally different game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 12,999.99
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

13,200 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.