(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaunpurslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11249 2 years ago

Hello everyone. Just picked up a JP Premium yesterday and it's pretty amazing. I just have one slight problem with the right ramp. When the ball leaves the wireform spiral it bounces around the right orbit and doesn't come down clean. Is this a common thing? Is the fix a matter of bending the wireform? I just don't want to screw anything up and I didn't see a key post about this one. My son was kind enough to record a slo-mo clip for me and I have included it below.

#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I posted on this a couple of weeks ago. It was fixed by just slight bends of the two longest wires at the exit of the ramp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/220#post-6397652

Thank you kind sir. I will give that a try. Looks like an easy fix.

#11309 2 years ago

Howdy gents. I got the right ramp wire form all dialed in beautifully. Thank you for the guidance. One quick question. Does anyone have any guidance on dialing in the center spinner shot? It really clunks around the right orbit on mine. So much so that it misses the upper flipper when it comes out.

#11311 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Typically I find that when I shoot the spinner from the left flipper it'll end up dropping into the pops and consequently light "Lite escape"; while from the right flipper it'll traverse around the orbit to the upper flipper. Just check that the up-post in the orbit is flush with the PF, as this could be causing your issue

Thanks for the advice! I checked the up post and it feels flush against the PF. For me it's when I use the right flipper and the ball has some speed to it. Instead of going around the orbit smoothly it bounces back and forth against the sides and instead of passing by the upper flipper it comes out of the orbit at an angle towards the center of the PF. Not sure what's causing it to bounce around so much in the orbit lane.

#11327 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have owned two JPs now and both needed some tweaking on the left guide rail of the spinner shot to make it smooth. If memory serves there isn't much if any adjustment in the mounting points, but there is enough metal past the mounting points to bend fairly easily. Remember small changes can make a huge difference. You may have to experiment a little to see what direction yours wants. My old machine actually needed to be bent out (left) slightly, which was counter-intuitive to making the ball transition to the back rail smoothly, but for whatever reason it worked perfectly. My new machine needed to be bent in (right) a bit. It may take a few tries, but you should be able to get it pretty smooth. That said, this is one of those shots that will never be 100% smooth, and will sometimes bounce around a bit on the way through. It's just too sharp of a transition to be perfect every time with every shot angle.

This is huge! Thank you. So did you take out the guide rail completely before bending it or did you leave it in place. I don't have much experience with this and I don't want to screw anything up. I will take any guide rail bending best practices you have.

Thanks again!

#11332 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No problem. I bent mine in place. Taking it out would be easiest, but a lot more work pulling it in and out to check it. You will need to take the plastic off, but then should be able to get a needle nose pliers on it. Wrap the pliers jaws in electrical tape or put a rag or something around it if you are afraid of marring the rail up a bit. Then just be careful. Don't scrape the playfield! It might help to loosen the nut under the playfield that holds the closest attachment point. That will let the whole thing "rotate" a bit more. Just remember to tighten it back up. A tiny bit can make a big difference. Make sure the gate doesn't get hung up or difficult to move. Do not bend too far or the ball will get stuck between the rails (ask how I found that out, LOL!). And if going the way you think you need to go doesn't help, do not be afraid to try the opposite way. Like I said, sometimes it's counter-intuitive. Since the ball will never perfectly "merge" into that lane, you are looking for the angle that causes the least amount of bouncing around. Ideally one smack into the back wall and then smoothly around is what you want. My first machine I actually had to angle it towards the wall a hair to get that bounce right, which seemed wrong, but smoothed the shot out a ton.
Best of luck, you can do it! Like everything with pinball, it sounds daunting at first, but it really isn't hard once you dig in.

That absolutely did the trick! Thanks so much for giving me the confidence to adjust it myself. It's amazing how that tiny of an adjustment makes a huge difference on the way the ball behaves.

Thanks so much!

#11346 2 years ago

Ummmm is the "extra mode" that comes with the $600 topper seriously just goat sounds?

#11353 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

By the 'tone' of your question it doesn't matter what the answer is. You don't want the topper and are trying to justify your opinion. Nothing to see here, move along..
If you are seriously asking then Goat Mania is a switch hit mode(ramps, spinner, pops, slings - like amber modes) but is flip limited instead of time limited. Yes it makes a goat sound when you flip. My top GM score is about 425M. Not insignificant scoring.
In home use it's actually something my GF aims for. It makes her hit that start button for "just one more game".
I think the mode is cool. While I get toppers for all my machines, I think that linking the mode to the topper is a DB move on Stern's part.

Thank you for the detailed response. I actually was interested in the topper because I was excited about adding another mode. Goat mania isn't enough for me to pull the trigger on it but I am glad that you and your GF enjoy it and I appreciate your time and feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaunpurslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=shaunpurslow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.