(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had a sub alligator clipped to my Guardians machine for 6 months or so with no issues. However, I did eventually buy and install a pinnovators board because I was concerned/curious. I am very impressed with the pinnovators product. I immediately noticed more/cleaner bass from my sub. I have since ordered 2 more for my Ripleys, and my Jurrasic. It's only $35, and makes for a safer and cleaner install. Just my 2 cents

Hello Pinside it’s Sandra from Pinnovators here . This is my first Pinside post ☺. lllvjr has always posted for us but I thought I’d give it a whirl.

First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who buys and enjoys our product! A lot of time and effort go into the design of each product we design and we are thankful for everyone who enjoys our products.

I wanted to say a couple of things about our sub kits that may or may not be known but I figured I’d throw it out here.

Why buy one of our sub kits?

Most importantly our subwoofer kits maintain the correct polarity of the subwoofer signal so you don’t short out the signal if you plug two machines into one subwoofer. They also Include amplifier output protection via an attenuator before going into the subwoofer.

It provides a clean plug-and-play solution for people that don’t want to have to hand-build an alligator clip solution. No need to worry about alligator clips falling off your speaker.

Our spike kits also provide stereo output so you can connect your game to an external amplifier.

Our MSPO also provides an isolated output to avoid ground loops when running two machines into one subwoofer.

Our PINsmx also provides 4 ground isolated inputs and is designed to work with our headphone kits.

Also, our pricing is competitive and includes everything you need to get the install done in 10-20 minutes.

#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

While at first this might appear to be OK, if the amplifier has a balanced or differential output (and it probably does) - then I would definitely get what's called a 'balun'. I believe most modern pins have this topology. What this means is the '-' (negative) is not at ground potential anymore. So you could potentially be grounding one side of the amp. Not good!
If it's working, then perhaps the sub might have a balun built in. But for next to no money either get pinnovators circuit or get a balun off of Amazon (don't want to steer sales away from Pinnovators, please support them.), and sleep well at night not worrying about it. Adding a balun is the correct method to convert a balanced output (i.e. the amp) to a single ended or unbalanced input (i.e. the sub or a mixer). Balun stands for BALanced to UNbalanced (duh!).
Some of the older pins (i.e. the 90's), one side of the amp's output is grounded (unbalanced or also called single-ended) - a person should be OK doing that with just wires. Of course, it's a high level signal.
Here's a quick SnipIt from a google search that shows the difference, along with what I use. The Amazon one I had to add clips for the internal sub connection and hook up to the sub or mixer using a RCA connector/cable. I even use them on the older pins to prevent a ground loop issues.
I use a cheapie audio mixer and run multiple pins off of a single sub - but I only play one pin at a time. But they are all turned on.
Edit: I do want to add I haven't looked at pinnovators set up - they might be tapping off at a single-ended point. Don't want to mislead anyone that it truly is a balun setup.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The amplifier chips used on the Stern Spike boards are the same Texas Instruments chip we designed into the JJP WOZ game and its’ output is ground referenced. This ground reference applies to the Spike left and right outputs.

Our sub kit outputs (except for PINsub MS and PINsub MSPO) are all ground referenced and we recommend using a PINsmx when running multiple pins into one subwoofer to keep machines isolated. The PINsmx has a small isolation (or Balun like) transformer on its input to keep the grounds isolated between machines.

The PINsmx is a passive mixer (does not need power) and meets most people’s subwoofer mixing needs (and costs less than a subwoofer!)

Our PINsub MS and PINsub MSPO are generic sub kits and do have an isolation transformer (balun) built-in to make it a more of a universal adapter for any other system that does have a BTL output.

I hope that helps!

1 month later
#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yep, I would think two is the max on separate circuits, unless you get the sub mixer thing:
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58[quoted image]

Updated link: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer?_pos=1&_sid=651baecd6&_ss=r

We launched our new site on 11/1. It's much more user friendly and we are able to offer more shipping options as well. Before we could only offer Priority, now we have more choices . Choices are a wonderful thing!

Use this code YDH69A53QCH8 at checkout for for 5% off your first order at our new site. Valid until 2:00 pm EST Nov 6.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.